McAgger
Art Morte
Onyx
19 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Joe Allen = The GOAT - Page 6 Empty Re: Joe Allen = The GOAT

Post by Curtinho Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:30 pm

Yeah he's not really getting a fair shake under Klopp, to be honest. He's been better than Can and Henderson right now.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:54 pm

He's had 4 years to stake a claim in the team. It's about time he leaves.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:04 pm

Yeah, Allen has to take most of the blame himself, he's looked bang average for too long. But he's been good this season, I'd like to see him start a few games and keep him if he ends the season strongly. But he'll hardly be missed if he goes.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:44 am

allen has to be worth a new contract. under klopp the man has not put a foot wrong. the only thing I can think of is klopp has 1-2 mf players lined up for next season. even so I think we should give the man a new contract.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:18 am

Yeah, if Allen is not offered a new contract, the only reason can be that Klopp is 100% sure he's buying a CM that will go ahead of Allen.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 pm

I want to see how he performs today, in the absence of all other regular midfielders. If he can do good enough job and fill the void,he deserves a new contract. We have seen time and again that he is extremely useful player to have in our squad.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:58 pm

The question may not be whether he deserves a new contract or even if we are willing to give him a new contract. The question may be if he wants one...

Personally, I would've been starting him next to Can for the majority of 2016. I think he works very well as the more box-to-box player in a midfield2 (better than Henderson, honestly), and if it were up to me, I'd certainly offer him a new contract.

That said, it will take an incredible turn of events for him to find himself first choice going into next season. Can and Henderson already appear to be above him in the pecking order, Marko Grujic will be coming into the squad, and likely at least one other CM (if not two) will be added to the ranks over the summer. That's all before you take into account other opptis in the squad, like Milner, Stewart, Chirivella, Rossiter and Brannagan.

My bet is that Allen will want to go after this season, because he will want to play regularly. To be honest, I can't blame him. He's just turned 26, and he's already wasted several seasons sitting on the bench under Rodgers. Without the promise of regular first-team football, I'm virtually certain he will choose to move on after this season.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:36 pm

Allen will be stupid to move somewhere else. I mean where will he go, back to Swansea ? Why would he go there. Which club in the traditional top 6 will want him. Even the emering teams like Leicester or WestHam and even Southamton have better MF options than him.

I think he should just stay and accept the role he has now. And because of the immense number of games we will play in the next season, he will get many games. This season he was injured otherwise he would have got even more chances.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:33 pm

Joe Allen = The GOAT - Page 6 2ps3iqf
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:45 pm

rofl

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:41 pm

Helmer wrote:Allen will be stupid to move somewhere else. I mean where will he go, back to Swansea ? Why would he go there. Which club in the traditional top 6 will want him. Even the emering teams like Leicester or WestHam and even Southamton have better MF options than him.

I think he should just stay and accept the role he has now. And because of the immense number of games we will play in the next season, he will get many games. This season he was injured otherwise he would have got even more chances.

I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to be at a club that will give you the most gametime. As a competitive player if you know you are not going to be given a fair shake at the starting XI (which seems to be the case for Allen at Liverpool, even though he's outperformed every other CM on the team this season) then yeah I think it's fine for him to want to move on somewhere else.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:30 am

The problem with Allen is despite his recent performances he is still at best a squad player for next season

We already have Henderson and Grujic next season for CM and are already linked with Zielinki and Dahoud who most likely considered as upgrade for that position .

So Allen will be at best 4th choice in CM and also isnt considered for DM (Can Lucas Stewert all preferred by Klopp) unlike Rodgers.So its unreasonable to keep Allen and just stack the squad up when we could use than funds to improve CM with a first choice player.

Only way I can see us decide to keep Allen is Klopp decides to sell Henderson which is pretty unlikely imo

Even without Allen we will still have Henderson , Can , new signing , Grujic , Stewert and Lucas for 2 positions .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:15 pm

As much as I love Henderson, and I think that's well documented, the thing about keeping Allen/Can/Grujic/whoever and moving Allen is that he's better than they are, straight up. He's also only 26 and coming into his prime as a midfielder. I would sooner send Grujic out on loan, sell Stewart and Lucas, and make Henderson and Can try to earn a spot over Allen than let him leave without a contract tbh.

It's like they read our minds:

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/04/joe-allen-deserves-future-liverpool-amid-contract-concerns-jurgen-klopp/
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:25 am

Helmer wrote:Allen will be stupid to move somewhere else. I mean where will he go, back to Swansea ? Why would he go there. Which club in the traditional top 6 will want him. Even the emering teams like Leicester or WestHam and even Southamton have better MF options than him.

To say "stupid" is going a bit too far. Seriously, you can't understand why Allen would want to leave? He's an honest professional that wants to play week-in week-out, not merely sit on the bench for squad depth. In fairness to him, he's good enough to do precisely that for 3/4 of the Premier League. Moreover, the nature of his game would lend well to the continental game. There aren't too many players that have spent their entire career in ENgland that could seemlessly transition to a continental team, but I have no doubts that Allen could. Perhaps, Italy, France, or even Spain beckons for him?
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:56 pm

If we don't keep Allen that'd be moronic at this point. He's sublime. Better than any other midfielder on the team without a doubt; surely Klopp has been watching the Euro and Allen's performances last season justify him being a starter, full stop.

I will be very sad if Allen goes. So underrated the presence he brings to midfield. He's tenacious, intelligent, can turn on the ball, rarely makes mistakes and has a great eye for incisive passes. He doesn't score a lot of goals but he doesn't need to he's a complete boss. He's been one of the best players at the Euro.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:41 pm

Joe Allen = The GOAT - Page 6 Cmwqtk10 Proud
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite