Conte loses appeal over 10-month ban

Go down

Conte loses appeal over 10-month ban Empty Conte loses appeal over 10-month ban

Post by MMM Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:39 am

Juventus coach Antonio Conte's appeal against a 10-month touchline and match-day ban has been rejected by the Italian Federal Court.

Conte was handed the ban as part of his plea-bargain following charges of not reporting instances of match-fixing during his time in charge of Siena.

He has been suspended from the touchline and match-day dressing room by the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) until the end of the 2012/13 campaign.

Conte insisted earlier this week he is innocent and had expected to be allowed to return to the Juve bench for this weekend's Serie A opener against Parma, but assistant Massimo Carrera will now assume first-team duties instead.

"This situation is like an open wound for me. I am innocent and I have a clear conscience," Conte told reporters on Tuesday.

The 43-year-old will still be allowed to train Juventus throughout the week, but not coach them on match days.

Meanwhile, the acquittal of Juve players Leonardo Bonucci and Simone Pepe was also confirmed by the Federal Court.

The duo's names had already been cleared, but prosecutor Stefano Palazzi filed an appeal against the decision, which has since been rejected.
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down