Disable Avatars and Signatures? (And some other Suggestions)

+9
poolsupporter
JAY-Z
Nishankly
RedOranje
shaven
The Madrid One
McLewis
BarrileteCosmico
zizzle
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Disable Avatars and Signatures? (And some other Suggestions) Empty Disable Avatars and Signatures? (And some other Suggestions)

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:19 am

For the last few months on Goal.com, I disabled the avatars and signatures and I found it easier to go through a thread. So is there a way I could do that here on Goal-Legacy?

Also, how come there isn't a button that you can click on that will skip you to the new posts so you don't have to scan through the thread to the new post? Like the little red button on the Goal.com forum.

There should be a number in the corner of a post to show what position it is in the thread. #1, #2, #3, etc.

I'll edit this post when I think of more so I'm not polluting the section.

Last edited by Maje10 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Disable Avatars and Signatures? (And some other Suggestions) Empty Re: Disable Avatars and Signatures? (And some other Suggestions)

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:50 am

Bump.

(Edit: Hey, no silly post limit Smile)

Back to top Go down

Disable Avatars and Signatures? (And some other Suggestions) Empty Re: Disable Avatars and Signatures? (And some other Suggestions)

Post by zizzle Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:56 am

on a related subject, the signiture size should be limited, some sigs take up like half my screan
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:57 am

lol seems like we have similar habits. There's a link at the top of the main page that says something like 'new content' or so on.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:58 am

zizzle wrote:on a related subject, the signiture size should be limited, some sigs take up like half my screan
LOL, that reminds me of the time in the Goal forum when there were no signature size restrictions. Some guy put a massive Real Madrid wallpaper as his signature.

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:07 am

We're still discussing appropriate signature sizes so that decision will be made in the coming days..

Please be sure to report any outrageously large sigs please so that we can edit them.

As for the OP, not sure if Avatars and Sigs are gonna go away....they are incredibly popular on forums...
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:10 am

I don't mean disable ALL the avatars and signatures, that would be crazy. But to have an option to disable them, for the boring people, like me, who prefer to only look at text, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:10 am

McLewis wrote:We're still discussing appropriate signature sizes so that decision will be made in the coming days..

Please be sure to report any outrageously large sigs please so that we can edit them.

As for the OP, not sure if Avatars and Sigs are gonna go away....they are incredibly popular on forums...

I would do max Height 500.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:10 am

hey mclewis read the pm i sent u if u can
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:12 am

McLewis in the last forums you had the option to 'disable' avatars. That is, if you disables avatars you wouldn't see them in your screen, but everyone else that didn't disable them still could. Same with sigs.

I think the maximum height of sigs should be the same as in goal: 160px.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:18 am

hope they will also have size limit on the siganture
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:44 pm

Disable Avatars and Signatures? (And some other Suggestions) Newest10

The icon indicated will take you to the new posts in a thread, assuming new posts exist.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:52 pm

RedOranje wrote:Disable Avatars and Signatures? (And some other Suggestions) Newest10

The icon indicated will take you to the new posts in a thread, assuming new posts exist.

was actually using that always in the other forum but i find it too small in here imo. or im not just used to this new site yet.
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:55 pm

My signature is friendly. Smile
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:27 pm

Nooooo! Dont disable the avatars! Im against it.. you seem cooler with an avatar :$
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:35 am

Seriously need to do something about signatures. Now some pages won't even load completely because they are trying to download these big .gif files.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Hey guys,

I've read two threads on signatures/avatars and how to hide them but I haven't found anyone who can show me how. I read this forum a lot at work, and need a way to disable sigs/avatars. This is a dealbreaker for me, and I can't use these forums without hiding sigs/avatars. anyone?

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:13 pm

if u are using firefox, then install adblock and then block all the sigs u dont want to see
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:24 pm

Thanks realgunner. what about avatars?

my boss sits behind me and I don't want him to see me slacking, that's why I want to hide all sigs and avatars and see just text.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm

yea it will work on avatars as well
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:32 am

Everyone should be allowed 1 gifsoup sized sig, but only one. That deal at goal.com where half of the sig was cut off at the bottom pissed me off to no end
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:56 pm

For some reason I can't see anyone's avatar, including mine.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:10 pm

think its ur pc lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:13 pm

did i end up blocking all the avatars from adblock lol

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:14 pm

probably, try using a diff browser
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next