gondov
The Sanchez
Sir Psycho
_LMG_10_
Khaled
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Preseason 2012-13 (Game 3): PSG VS FC Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Preseason 2012-13 (Game 3): PSG VS FC Barcelona

Post by Donuts Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Thanks for the link it did work here in USA.

Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Preseason 2012-13 (Game 3): PSG VS FC Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Preseason 2012-13 (Game 3): PSG VS FC Barcelona

Post by gondov Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:56 pm

Alexis should be ashamed of himself, that was a disgusting dive. I was so embarassed watching with all my friends who claim Barca only win by cheating and diving. :facepalm:
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:00 pm

Afellay's touch has been amazing me since he joined Barcelona. I honestly have not seen a winger with worse touch than him - at least in top flight football. Also he is tactically retarded and doesn't help in defence as much as Pedro or Sánchez. Considering he is not that young either, I would recommend selling him for some cash before he becomes Hleb.

Impressed by Planas' power and pace. Had a good night in my opinion considering he was up against Nenê. Segi Roberto and Rafinha too, did decent jobs in the middle of the pitch.

Pastore, meh, I'll never forgive him for going to PSG. He had all the talent in the world but all that is going to rot in a second-grade league. He did grow as the match wore and was full of running. So I'll give credit when it's due.

Sakho played well too. One of those players that gives his all every match. A joy to watch.

Again, I saw the usual 'look for Messi syndrome' especially amongst B teamers but not exclusive to them. I saw Alexis wide open many times with no one giving him a pass. Actually on the case of Sánchez, If Barça want the best of him they need to give him more freedom with permission to take on defenders. Limiting him to pass backs just beats the purpose of signing him.

Anyone watched Rosell constantly trying to build some more connections with the Qatari chairman and the rest of the Parisians? Businessman stuff!

PS: I don't think Alexis dived, he just slipped. IMO. Bad refereeing nonetheless.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:03 pm

Many may not like JDS but he will be Barcelona's nice sub to have in bench, he can play almost everywhere which comes in handy.
Still not impressed that when Iniesta plays he is usually in the wing, he always plays better in the mid.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:58 pm

Montoya was deployed at LB for a while during the game.

Is this new or have I missed something?

Also is it me or did we go with a 2x pivot (Sergi Roberto/ Busq) for bits of the first half I mean there were times where Rafinha was never too far away from Leo. It looked like a 4-2-4 w/ both Planas and Alves pushing forward. Alves btw was incredible and has been all preseason you would think he's playing for a new contract.. Laughing
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by V Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:46 pm

Montoya played LB last season in a dead rubber match for about 30 mins but I think that's about it. The young players did ok I thought. I thought it was obvious Alexis slipped, he too was looking like "WTF just happened?"

Pinto is a boss.
V
V
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:34 am

danyjr wrote:Afellay's touch has been amazing me since he joined Barcelona. I honestly have not seen a winger with worse touch than him - at least in top flight football. Also he is tactically retarded and doesn't help in defence as much as Pedro or Sánchez. Considering he is not that young either, I would recommend selling him for some cash before he becomes Hleb.

Impressed by Planas' power and pace. Had a good night in my opinion considering he was up against Nenê. Segi Roberto and Rafinha too, did decent jobs in the middle of the pitch.

A bit too harsh on Afellay, but I mostly agree. Unfotunately, he doesn't suit us. If there are good offers for him as claimed, we should sell him.
Agreed too on the very good game Planas, Rafinha and Roberto had.

Bartra was at fault on their corner goal by being soft,but that's nothing new. A pity, if he was much more agressive, he would become a WC CB, but how he is now, I don't think he will make it with us. Maybe we should send Bartra a month to Syria, to fight with the rebels. He would either come back ready to play top football for us or never come back. Very Happy

Tello was also very good except that horrible miss. I think he is growing as a player. We should renew him asap.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:45 am

Btw, we didn't play like utter shit at all. We had a very good first half, and funnily, in the second we were quite average with the introduction of many of our stars (INiesta, Xavi, Cesc, Pique).

Rafinha and Roberto played way better that our main stars, guess it's lack of training.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:20 am

free_cat wrote:
Rafinha and Roberto played way better that our main stars, guess it's lack of training.

True, impressed by Roberto and Rafinha's performance.. even Planas was good.
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:21 am

After thinking about it for a while it probably wasn't utter shit, but the 2nd half with all our first teamers couldn't outplay a lot of the psg subs.

But they're just coming back from vacation. The next match against Man Utd should give us a better idea
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:26 am

We had a better first half than second half... Alexis didn't dive, just slipped though would have been good sports if he told Messiah to put it wide... Planas played well at left back and was sound both attacking and defensive wise. Roberto was really impressive and imo we really shouldn't buy a creative or attacking midfielder for many years time as blokes like Roberto, Rafinha etc. Would fit our style better than any others in the future to come. Montoya had an average game on the left hand side... Barta was good until the poor marking at the corner... Definately isn't someone to rely on in times of fatigue or injuries. I guess he will gradually become better and may even be world class by the time he is 25. Messiah didn't have a great second half though we cannot always rely on him to produce the odds. Oh and Fabregas was terrific when he came on though that led to Iniesta heading to the wing...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:04 am

shinigami99 wrote:After thinking about it for a while it probably wasn't utter shit, but the 2nd half with all our first teamers couldn't outplay a lot of the psg subs.

But they're just coming back from vacation. The next match against Man Utd should give us a better idea

It really seemed like they couldn't give a crap about this game. And honestly, I don't blame them. In the end for them this is just a waste of energy. Energy they'll need next season in games in which it actually counts.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:58 pm

So I only caught glimpses of this match - would you guys recommend downloading it or not really worth 90 minutes of my life?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca2211 Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:08 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:So I only caught glimpses of this match - would you guys recommend downloading it or not really worth 90 minutes of my life?

Totally not worth it IMO

Barca2211
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:23 pm

Anyone else see a slight resemble between Rafinhia and Kopa? I mean in playing style.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:53 pm

I don't agree with the attitude or effort...It's not a light switch you can flip on & off...This is preseason ahead of not just a long season on multiple fronts but also an upcoming & very heated cup tie

Sharpness and closing down in movements and defending starts now...Tito finally had a good bit of the squad together after all the other international obligations...Nearly a week in the new regime and that was our first taste of life under Tito - concerning that it has not got under way in a more impressive manner
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:57 pm

Wow, were they playing on a hockey rink? I think sanchez was like "wtf, i got a penalty!" because he slipped cutting to his left. Messi slipped as well dribbling.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:00 pm

I wouldn't be too concerned over a bad pre-season it doesn't mean much last season we had a horrible one and managed just well at spanish cup
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:03 pm

Pre-season doesn't mean anything so you should not be too concerned with recent performances. Of course these performances give teams confidence to start the season with high morale, but it is too early to judge this team. In fact the team that does well after January is the one that usually wins it all.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:42 pm

Donuts wrote:I wouldn't be too concerned over a bad pre-season it doesn't mean much last season we had a horrible one and managed just well at spanish cup
Barca were actually horrible in the first leg, and not really good in the second either. Madrid were a lot more fit and prepared. Guardiola actually said that they shouldn't won the SSC because bad preseason.

But fat Messi had plans of his own.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:29 pm

But that's my point, we are having an average pre-season.. don't you see that most are not trying during the game except the youngsters who are trying to get first team action.
Take the PSG game for instance Iniesta barely sprinted when the ball was going away, Messi tried few solo runs but other then that was very lazy.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:35 pm

Yeah I agree on your point, it isn't that big of a deal. Just wanted to clear that we weren't very fit or well prepared at the first games in the Supercopa, and should have had better preparation.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:11 am

Manchester game, our first teamers should be better off as we would be better prepared therefore we should be match fit. Only excuse would be Fontas, Villa and Alba (if these blokes recover in time...)
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:11 am

Villa seems to be ready, Pinto posted up a picture on twitter of his arm being bruised up by Villa target practicing.
When is the Manchester game?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:31 am

Giggity5313 wrote:Wow, were they playing on a hockey rink? I think sanchez was like "wtf, i got a penalty!" because he slipped cutting to his left. Messi slipped as well dribbling.

Yeah it was pretty ridiculous out there. It really was a hockey rink.

And I find little significance in the preseason. It is NOT an accurate judge of the season ahead, and it shouldn't be.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:08 am

Donuts wrote:Villa seems to be ready, Pinto posted up a picture on twitter of his arm being bruised up by Villa target practicing.
When is the Manchester game?

Today ( 8th of august), its in sweden, i will go and watch the game

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum