urbaNRoots
Iceman
RealGunner
aleumdance
9 posters

Go down

We would be alright Empty We would be alright

Post by aleumdance Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:30 pm

am I the only one who thinks we won't feel RVP's departure..?

with Poldi and Giroud coming in, Oxlade beasting and Gervais getiing into the groove with EPL, I don't see any worries one bit..

secondly, wilshere is back, Coquelin would do som ebeasting, Arteta would simply be class, all we need is that Capoue transfer and we are good to go..

I can't want for RVP to go honestly, he is the last of the runaway boyband( flamini, ade,helb, nasri...), they served Arsenal with their bank accounts, and did not even hide it ( playing only 1.5 seasons put of 8 for arsenal and wants 220k a week, what a slime)
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

We would be alright Empty Re: We would be alright

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:38 pm

if Podolski scores 15 and giroud scores 15, we have already replaced Van persie's goals

In a way this is better. Building a team around one player is catastrophic. If the goals come from everywhere, then you wouldn't be relying on one single player

however players need to step up when we are going through tough times. I.E we need more match winners
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:51 pm

I think the fact that we already have two players ready to replace him means that we are more secure, but losing RVP will mean that we need to get a superb signing or two to make up for the loss of quality. That said, I do not believe that we will struggle to replace him. We might lose a WC player, but we'll hopefully be getting a better team out of it.

After what RVP has done, we have no choice but to move on and make the best out of the situation
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:08 pm

Iceman wrote:I think the fact that we already have two players ready to replace him means that we are more secure, but losing RVP will mean that we need to get a superb signing or two to make up for the loss of quality. That said, I do not believe that we will struggle to replace him. We might lose a WC player, but we'll hopefully be getting a better team out of it.

After what RVP has done, we have no choice but to move on and make the best out of the situation

mate. all we actually need to do, is make gervais and song keep doing what they do..
giving the assist..

Giroud can pickup and Poldi can..

and we would have a better midfield for sure.. so no worries
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:14 pm

I don't think we're alright in attack if we wont sign a playmaker. Wilshere, Rosicky and Ramsey all are there but are we really ready to trust a young player who just recovered from a long injury (remember Ramsey) or an old and injury-prone player in Rosicky? Ramsey... no.

A versatile playmaker like Cazorla should come in... he can play on both wings and centrally, is creative, can feed Podolski and Giroud and can score goals himself. Simply perfect, and reportedly wont cost more than 15 million pounds.

Sell Chamakh and Park, give Afobe a spot as 3rd striker. Even Walcott if needed.

Not to mention defensively there's need of a DM, Capoue/M'Vila whoever can defend to save his life... bring him on. Neither of the two mentioned are impossible targets really.

First team if everything's perfect not injured/all in form

Szczesny
Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Gibbs
DM Song
Cazorla Wilshere Podolski
Giroud

If Wilshere is injured/out of form

DM Song/Arteta
Walcott Cazorla Podolski
Giroud

If Podolski wont work as LW:

Walcott Podolski Cazorla
Giroud

I know I'm loving my formations Razz but can't help it. It just makes sense getting a versatile playmaker and a DM.

With this team I would be ready to say bye bye Robin we'll win more than you will with whoever you're joining but all this will never happen anyway. drunken
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:16 pm

With RVP in the team, this squad can challenge for the title and all the other competitions. Take RVP out without pumping in a couple of other good/great players and we're not as strong
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:24 pm

Podolski-Giroud-Walcott looks like it can score goals, but even with van Persie in the team we needed to strengthen the midfield. What's more, as much as you may dislike van Persie currently, his intelligence and movement was second-to-none last season and he made all those cutbacks across goal and balls over the top into great passes.

Replacing that is difficult, so we'll have to hope that Giroud can do similar things. We can help ourselves a lot by adding a bit more ingenuity to the midfield, whether it be in the form of Afellay or Cazorla doesn't bother me. If not this, then maybe we can go down the route of signing a pure defensive midfielder and allow Arteta to push forward more.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:27 pm

@ urban and iceman

has anuone ever thought of this

--------chess----

sagna----Merte---Kos---Andre---

-----Arteta---Coquelin-----Song

Wilshere---Giroud---Poldi

That is my arsenal strongest XI imo.

Wilshere started in the wing, and even when he plays in the mid, he still has that winger tendecy of breaking away easily..

Coquelin is going to be a major stepup, think about it, if Barcelona never gave Biscuits a chance would he be where he is today?

in the second half you can brting in Oxlade for Song, put back Wilshere to mid to have something like " Arteta-Coq-Wilshere"

then bring in Theo or Gervais last 30 minutes to make it " theo/ox-Giroud-Gervais"

clean..
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:35 pm

Agree with all of you

my only concern is that we need someone to step it up in tough times and become the match winner.

The best thing about RVP last season were his goals against Everton, Sunderland, Liverpool, Chelsea. We need the match winners more than anything
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:51 pm

Walcott is a player that steps up when the pressure is on. Podolski was pretty much a one-man fighting machine for Koln and scored important goals for them regularly as did Giroud for Montpellier

If anything, compared to last season, we'll have 3 forwards we can count on instead of just 2, so I'm not worried with that respect. If Cazorla is added in, that'll be another player who scores goals.

If RVP leaves, I'm pretty sure our approach to scoring goals will be a lot different than last season. We will be a lot more direct and more dangerous all over the pitch. Last season, if you managed to mark RVP, then the whole Arsenal system crumbled.
Next season we'll have a great poacher in Giroud and players who know how to score from outside the box such as Podolski and Arteta. If Cazorla is also added, then that's 3 players who can score directly and a poacher waiting to pounce. I'm saying this because, while Jay's point about RVP's movement is completely valid, I don't think we'll continue with the same approach if he leaves. It would make no sense to continue with a system dependent on RVP if RVP himself isn't there anymore.

All in all, I'm pretty excited about next season

Last edited by Iceman on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:54 pm

same here, Just need Cazorla in Razz
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:57 am

As Iceman said, I look at Podolski when I think of a match winner since he carried Koln, nearly out of relegation if they hadn't sucked so fantastically hard.

We're very very close to having a complete XI as we all know there is the pressing issue of a playmaker or as Jay said, a DM to allow Arteta to play a more forward role, so the sooner we decide to sell or imprison RVP, the better. But until then we can't assume we're alright as RVP brought a lot more to the table than just goals. His vision and movement off the ball were as good as anyone's and hopefully we can build our play as a team more and less off of RVP like we unhealthily did previously.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:48 am

aleumdance wrote:
I can't want for RVP to go honestly, he is the last of the runaway boyband( flamini, ade,helb, nasri...), they served Arsenal with their bank accounts, and did not even hide it ( playing only 1.5 seasons put of 8 for arsenal and wants 220k a week, what a slime)
i thought nasri was the last one.. Never thought RVP would do this to us.. And Walcott may be the next..
Really exciting to read about the formations.. It will be great if we sign a versatile playmaker.. Every1 seems interested in Cazorla.. Hope this happens..
Really frustrated after hearing Walcotts contract situation.. Dont mind if we sell him and give the starting place to Alex or someone else..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:47 am

We wont miss RVP but I know he will miss us, I truly still believe he is pulling a Rooney, after the year he had any player would do what he is doing, he wants the maximum money and does not care.

I dont think we will win a trophy, we have 2 new players who will help us; but I dont expect much from them first year.I just hope the rest of guys help them all they need is few goals early in the season and you never know. Gervinho must have a break out year he has the ability to just hope he has been practicing his shooting.

I think Podolski will be our top goal scorer in all competition 25 goals Grioud 17 in all. cheers

The good question is where did it go all wrong, I remember that day when Wenger brought on Walcott for Oxlade and you saw what RVP said to Wenger. hmm

The only way I can see us Winning a major trophy we need, m’villa, [cazorla or Ganso] and affelay.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:52 am

yeah we would ,but > the point is we must win a trophy ,not we'll be ok etc anymore..enough... imo we'r not winning coz we -arsenal thinks we can't !....but whyyy...u have 2believe -love n want in smth to achieve ? arsenal must change !..yes we can.
-otherwise i won't be surprised !

Simply:i'm the boss coz i wanted guys...lol ..but well deserved ...2b fair Razz

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Iceman wrote:Walcott is a player that steps up when the pressure is on. Podolski was pretty much a one-man fighting machine for Koln and scored important goals for them regularly as did Giroud for Montpellier

If anything, compared to last season, we'll have 3 forwards we can count on instead of just 2, so I'm not worried with that respect. If Cazorla is added in, that'll be another player who scores goals.

If RVP leaves, I'm pretty sure our approach to scoring goals will be a lot different than last season. We will be a lot more direct and more dangerous all over the pitch. Last season, if you managed to mark RVP, then the whole Arsenal system crumbled.
Next season we'll have a great poacher in Giroud and players who know how to score from outside the box such as Podolski and Arteta. If Cazorla is also added, then that's 3 players who can score directly and a poacher waiting to pounce. I'm saying this because, while Jay's point about RVP's movement is completely valid, I don't think we'll continue with the same approach if he leaves. It would make no sense to continue with a system dependent on RVP if RVP himself isn't there anymore.

All in all, I'm pretty excited about next season

this
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down