sukrut23
McLewis
Patrick Bateman
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Borini to Liverpool Empty Borini to Liverpool

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:21 am

What kind of moronic move is this by our owners and our management ? letting go off a bright young talent,one of the surprises last season,it just doesn't make any *bleep* sense,how is this a good move for us ?

And what I find even stranger is the fact that Borini is made for Zemans style of football with his workrate and versatility. :facepalm:

If we are that strapped for cash :facepalm: so badly why not sell that lanky streak of piss Osvaldo.When these owners took over I thought things would improve at this club but it seems even Rosella has more money than these mugs.

Pathetic !!
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Borini to Liverpool Empty Re: Borini to Liverpool

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:24 am

And who do want to replace Borini with ?

Destro of all people Laughing

A forward who can only play in only 1 position - CF

:facepalm:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:27 am

Nothing we could do, brah.

Borini wanted this move since he's worked with Rodgers before. I personally think it's a great move for him. Yeah he'll be a loss for us, but getting Destro is a great replacement imo and I do believe Zeman can mold Destro into a similar player to Borini.

And besides, when all is said and done this summer, we would've spent about 100 million between last season and this season on transfers, a far cry from where we were under Sensi. The new owners have done quite well in that regard.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sukrut23 Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:40 pm

Not the end of the world, i think if we get Destro its an improvement to the squad. IMO, its a poor move for Borini, why would he want to rot on the Liverpool bench and even if he gets a run he would be most probably played off the park (literally) by teams like Stoke.

I would have liked if Aquilani had been included in the deal but it had no mention about him, having said that 14m is nice money.
sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:22 pm

sukrut23 wrote:Not the end of the world, i think if we get Destro its an improvement to the squad. IMO, its a poor move for Borini, why would he want to rot on the Liverpool bench and even if he gets a run he would be most probably played off the park (literally) by teams like Stoke.

I would have liked if Aquilani had been included in the deal but it had no mention about him, having said that 14m is nice money.

lolwut?

Firstly, Borini will likely walk into Pool's starting XI at 14m. He's got the dynamism to make a huge impact for them in a way Carroll simply couldn't.

Secondly, Borini cut his teeth on English football. He played a huge part in Swansea getting to the Premier league, mind you. He will not get "played off the park". I have no idea what about him leads you to that conclusion, but I don't think anyone can see that happen. It's not in him to go out like that.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:57 pm

I don't get it. Sure, we made money off him, but I don't see how this makes any sense. Borini would be perfect for Zeman's style. I'm really disappointed with this one.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:29 pm

It's all about the money and less about football, this sale. Both Parma and Roma turned a nice profit on Borini. It's not at all a positive thing for us or Italian football on a whole, but he's not exactly irreplaceable, as we're about to find out.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Borini to Liverpool 534783_416995188350963_682897629_n

The deal looks done, Im pretty sure BR was the main reason of his move, Roma could not have done much about it. BR was the reason Borini reached these heights.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:41 pm

I don't think Borini will replace Carroll, nor do I expect him to be a bench player. I have a feeling we'll start the season like this (unless we sign another forward and/or lose Carroll):

Suarez ------ Borini
Carroll
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:31 am

Not happy at all about this. Borini said many times that he wanted to stay at Roma and wanted to become a roma "legend". Its obvious the management wanted to make a buck at the expense of keeping him.

The new management has made a few mistakes with our young players. Menez should never have been sold for a paltry 8 mill, and now our best striker from last season, and also our youngest, leaves for less then what we will have to probably fork out for Destro.

I have a feeling as soon as a club comes calling for Lamela he will be gone. Are we to become an Udinese or Atalanta? That is the feeling I'm starting to get for serie A as a whole nowadays.

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:12 am

Used to be in the Roma section a lot in goallegacy. Had a decent understanding with you people.

So, you know me when I say I'm not here to gloat, but what kind of player is he? I've only seen him 3-4 times, and well... you can't really judge player in that time.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:32 am

With Borini gone, I suspect Zeman is looking to Nico Lopez to make a jump into the first team. He's used Lopez quite a bit along with Totti and Osvaldo and seems to fit perfectly into that wide right role. I'd expect to see him get his chance this season.

ynwa wrote:Used to be in the Roma section a lot in goallegacy. Had a decent understanding with you people.

So, you know me when I say I'm not here to gloat, but what kind of player is he? I've only seen him 3-4 times, and well... you can't really judge player in that time.

He could play anywhere up front, this season he was mostly used in front of Totti along with another striker (usually Osvaldo or Lamela). You could easily have him play a role out wide, though he's most dangerous when played as a striker since his speed causes lots of problems and he's good at timing his runs. He's fairly good on the ball. Basically, his stand out characteristic is his determination, he helps the team out incredibly. He covers a lot of ground for a striker as he runs non-stop. He's not a stand-out dribbler nor does he offer a huge physical presence, but he'll be a good option for you guys to have. I could see him challenging for a spot in the starting 11 at Liverpool right away.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sukrut23 Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:20 am

McLewis wrote:
sukrut23 wrote:Not the end of the world, i think if we get Destro its an improvement to the squad. IMO, its a poor move for Borini, why would he want to rot on the Liverpool bench and even if he gets a run he would be most probably played off the park (literally) by teams like Stoke.

lolwut?

Firstly, Borini will likely walk into Pool's starting XI at 14m. He's got the dynamism to make a huge impact for them in a way Carroll simply couldn't.

Secondly, Borini cut his teeth on English football. He played a huge part in Swansea getting to the Premier league, mind you. He will not get "played off the park". I have no idea what about him leads you to that conclusion, but I don't think anyone can see that happen. It's not in him to go out like that.

Carroll had problems walking into Liv's starting 11 even after being the costliest Brit in the history of the game.

So Borini scored 6 goals in 12 games but the championship and the premierleague are different.

Another Aquaman kinda transfer i think where Roma makes good money but the player is rooted on the bench. He'll probably be back at some mid table italian side in two years time. Razz
sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:46 am

You really think the Aquilani and Borini cases are comparable? Really?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:39 pm

Dont worry Roma fans, i feel your pain too Sad
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:05 pm

sukrut23 wrote:
Carroll had problems walking into Liv's starting 11 even after being the costliest Brit in the history of the game.

Agree.

So Borini scored 6 goals in 12 games but the championship and the premierleague are different.

Sort of Agree, But he has scored 10 for Roma as well, Unless your saying Roma is at Championship football level hmm

Another Aquaman kinda transfer i think where Roma makes good money but the player is rooted on the bench. He'll probably be back at some mid table italian side in two years time. Razz

No.
Not even close.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:34 pm

sukrut23 wrote:
McLewis wrote:

lolwut?

Carroll cost 35m and basically buckled under the pressure for most of the season. Borini cost 14m and doesn't have that type of onus on him. Not comparable.

You still haven't explained why, in footballing terms, you think Borini will fail at Liverpool. It's not like they have a wealth of wide player options or even attacking options as well.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:14 am

lol anyone who thinks Borini will flop at Liverpool has absolutley no idea, I garuntee you that at the 2014 World Cup Borini wil bench Balotelli
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:08 pm

fatman123 wrote:lol anyone who thinks Borini will flop at Liverpool has absolutley no idea, I garuntee you that at the 2014 World Cup Borini wil bench Balotelli

That should've happened at Euro 2012...
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DiRocco Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:08 pm

ErPupone wrote:
fatman123 wrote:lol anyone who thinks Borini will flop at Liverpool has absolutley no idea, I garuntee you that at the 2014 World Cup Borini wil bench Balotelli

No way. No one on that team brings what Balo does to the table. If anything he should have replaced Cassano every match a the 55th. I completely agree that Borini is an amazing player and could have been a mach decider already. He will surely prove to be one of the best signings in the EPL this year.
DiRocco
DiRocco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:13 pm

Lol why are Chelsea fans butthurt about him coming to us? Time for grieving his loss was summer 2011 when you guys couldn't tie him down to a contract.

If he turns out to be a star for us, then we can officially forgive Chelsea for stealing our buxom blonde from us Very Happy , and we can forgive Roma for ripping us off with the Aquilani deal :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:15 am

I really think Bojan will explode this season. I see him scoring 15-19 goals provided he gets enough minutes.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sukrut23 Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:44 am

The number of Borini lovers in this thread is too DAMN high. :coffee:
sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:15 am

sukrut23 wrote: The number of Borini lovers in this thread is too DAMN high. :coffee:

the number of people under rating Borini is whats too high Mad

at the end of the day im flogging a dead horse here, ive been hyping Borini for 2 or 3 seasons now and hes barely got a look in at the first team in that time, even when Drogba had malaria, even when torres was being torres and even after he scored 5 goals in the second half of one reserve game he couldnt even get a spot on the Chelsea bench

i was really hoping he would stay in Italy so we wouldnt have to play against him
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:30 pm

DiRocco wrote:
ErPupone wrote:

No way. No one on that team brings what Balo does to the table. If anything he should have replaced Cassano every match a the 55th. I completely agree that Borini is an amazing player and could have been a mach decider already. He will surely prove to be one of the best signings in the EPL this year.

I was half-trolling on that one. But he definitely should've been brought on instead of Di Natale against Germany, he deserved to make at least one or two substitute appearances.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next