Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut.

+2
che
Bellabong
6 posters

Go down

Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut. Empty Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut.

Post by Bellabong Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:23 pm

While it emotionally satisfies the "popular" complaints the ending itself is still logically broken as f.

:'( We'll never get ME true ending because of EA

What do you guys think? Did you change your final decision? ( went from Destroy to Reject, because that's most in line with ME thematically.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut. Empty Re: Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut.

Post by che Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:42 pm

i stuck with control, not like it matters lol the ending is the same anyway... stuff blows up almost completely, but not quite, then everything is rebuilt

game was awful anyway, hordes of two types of respawning enemies on completely interchangable levels...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:12 pm

I'm glad BioWare made a ending that pleased their fans without abandoning their vision.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:02 pm

che wrote:
game was awful anyway, hordes of two types of respawning enemies on completely interchangable levels...

And yet you cared about it enough to replay the end >.>

Se7en wrote:I'm glad BioWare made a ending that pleased their fans without abandoning their vision.

No, it only pleased the fans who wanted closure, not the fans who wanted the ending to make sense.

Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut. Qm
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:04 pm

The only thing I can say about the changes is that the extra closure provided by the cut-scenes helps a bit more to clarify what exactly happens with each decision. It's less confusing, but I'd still prefer not to have to pick between 3 (or now 4) endings without any regard to previous decisions.

Spoiler:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:19 pm

Phritz wrote:

And yet you cared about it enough to replay the end >.>

i just saved it right before the final decision to see the longer cutscenes lol... didn't help, they're all the same again

only thing the "extended cut" cleared was that it plugged one massive plot hole with your squad being left on earth and then reappearing on the normandy for the ending and the rebuilding of the relays
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Nah it also changed the relays from being destroyed to damaged/whole. That was another huge factor.

The evac thing?

Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut. Goodguyharbinger

Last edited by Phritz on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:47 pm

boring game silent

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:13 am

Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut. YfJxj
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:47 pm

Synthesis FTW! What I would choose if I was given the choice Irl to be honest. I couldn't kill the geth or edi so destroy is not an option, i'm not stubborn enough to choose refusal, I do have the arrogance to pick control, because I think I wouldn't let unlimited power corrupt me, but as they say, those who ssy unlimited power won't corrupt them are the last ones it should be given to, so there goes that idea lol. So that just leaves, Synthesis, I am sort of a transhumanist so I'm fine with it.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:06 am

Not gonna question your choice, but Mass Effect has always been about self-determination and self-development. You're choosing the fate of the Galaxy and going against evolution - have you forgotten what the first game was about? From Saren to Virmire the entire game pretty much preaches against Synthesis. The fact that the synthesis ending was written in is one the best examples of absolutely horrible writing. First game was about how that's the worst option and suddenly at the end of the 3rd game it's ok? The control ending?

"So ILM was right after all"

Words cannot even explain how how much it actually hurts to hear that after what you went through in the third game. It's one of many slaps in the faces that the current ending has. Not to mention that's it such a sci-fi cliché which ME has actively avoided throughout the series.

Another thing is about Control.

This guy's now god:

Hell I didn't even want a 3-way/4-way choice. I wanted the ending to just play out according to the choices I made throughout the entire series, or at least in the 3rd game.

WHERE ARE MY GETH PRIME AIRDROPS?! WHERE ARE MY ELKOR WITH ROCKET LAUNCHERS STRAPPED TO THEIR BACKS? WHERE IS MY VOLUS BOMBING FLEET?

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:09 pm

To be honest whilst Saren did want Synthesis what he was proposing was a synthesis that would lead to direct indotrinatiom from the reapers and for them to become the rulers of the universe. The synthesis we got was nothing like that, no one was indoctrinated and the galaxy was at peace. Sheperd himself was the blueprint for Synthesis with the synthetic implants he recieved at the beginning of Mass Effect 2 due to the Lazurus Project, so it does have some sort of background.

Even though I chose synthesis control is my personao favourite mainly because it proved TIM right. The difference being TIM was indoctrinated whilst Sheperd was not, TIM controlling the reapers would have been a disaster. but Sheperd had the capability.

Refusal made me lol, cause it was Bioware sticking up a middle finger to fans who doubt the Starchilds logic.

Destroy might as well be removed from my game cause I ain't touching, so should Liara in fact, that girl doesn't know the meaning of personal space.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:41 am

Still doesn't change that you suddenly have a transhumanism ending to a story that barely even concerned transhumanism.

And synthesis isn't some cyborg solution à la Shepard - Javik encountered a cyborg rae during his cycle which went on a genocidal spree. You're effectively writing circuit boards into every living beings DNA. (The only way to explain it)
I really don't buy space magic powerful enough to rewrite the DNA of every living creature in the galaxy (plus the fact that you're deciding the fate and evolution of every living being in the galaxy, practically meddling and that's why I mentioned Virmire which you completely ignore). Shepard has no right, no matter what to be making those kinds of decisions, it doesn't make him/her any better than Cerberus turning people into husks.

Then there's the fact that the very core of the endings, organics vs synthetics is shattered because of the hard evidence we've witnessed (Geth, Edi, Legion) vs the word of the creator of the Reapers. Do you not comprehend how flawed that is?

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:05 pm

Thats the thing, I had no trouble in choosing Synthesis because I do not believe in free will or choice, it is an illusion. Every single major decisions which affects us are made without our consent. Taxes, public spending, cost cuts, job losses, security etc. Even evolution is against our free will, we do not choose for it to happen/not happen depending on your views. We have no power in this world, we never have, the decisions have always been made by the few, most people do not realise this, and continue to live in their delusion of independence and self governance, when no such thing exists.

But this is a philosophy matter, and belongs in the politics and religion section, so i'll stop talking about it here.

On topic, I changed my main ending to Control, even though I said those who think they would never be corrupted by absolute power should never be given it, and the obvious conclusion that Synthesis will be the canon ending. It just appealed to me more, the very idea...

Eternal...Infinite...Immortal
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down