What do you think the problem with England is?

+36
Swanhends
RED
free_cat
Arquitecto
donttreadonred
aleumdance
BarcaKizz
chinomaster182
M99
The Messiah
Luca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
Tifoso Romanista
Abramovich
rwo power
RealGunner
:{Mr.Mustachio!
Jay29
Zealous
Eman
Gil
Adit
Gemini
Eivindo
sbaggio
la bestia negra
jibers
Cookie Monster
Nishankly
MarkForrest17
Yuri Yukuv
Juveman17
Grande_Milano
Die Borussen
Onyx
40 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

What do you think the problem with England is? - Page 4 Empty Re: What do you think the problem with England is?

Post by Swanhends Mon 25 Jun 2012, 19:35

Zealous wrote:It's Hodgson's fault because he called up too many Liverpool players imo.

:coffee:

Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

What do you think the problem with England is? - Page 4 Empty Re: What do you think the problem with England is?

Post by Arquitecto Mon 25 Jun 2012, 19:37

Schweini wrote:Funnily, those LFC players were among top-performing England players in Euros.

My Hodgson piece is coming out soon. Roy, will be slaughtered

Thank you for taking the initiative for exposing Woy for the old, inept and out of his depth man he actually is as the sooner the english media understand this the better..

But: "He is a good and decent man and deserves much more than this."
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon 25 Jun 2012, 19:45

Exposing him for what? Playing 4-4-2? That's actually a good system when you have a disjointed team (like England or Liverpool).
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon 25 Jun 2012, 19:46

What do you propose Roy should have done?

Play 4-3-3 to maximize the technical ability of Englands midfield? Laughing

Maybe Play 4231 so Englands plethora of defensive midfielders could really shine? Laughing

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon 25 Jun 2012, 20:00

The only thing I can call Hodgson out on was persisting with Milner and Young on the flanks, but when I think that Walcott isn't really suited to this sort of system, Chamberlain is young and not ready for this level and Downing is all round useless, it really doesn't bother me.

Our midfield alternatives would have been Barry and Lampard, but because of injury we were stuck with Henderson.

Our goalkeeper, back four and three main strikers all had good tournaments.

So I'm not sure why the heavy criticism for Hodgson. Before the tournament we knew how we would be playing. During the tournament, we were content playing that way because it was getting us results we didn't think we'd be able to get. Afterwards, there are few regrets because we knew a better technical and tactical side would expose us and beat us.

I think Hodgson has done enough, given what he had to work with, to be given the opportunity to build and improve on what we have.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 25 Jun 2012, 20:13

I dont understand the hate for Hodgson either and completely agree with Jay the only thing you could even remotely criticize him for was sticking with Young and Milner out wide when it was obvious they were no good enough.

Hodgson has done well this tournament and took us further than most predicted.

BTW i dont find it funny how Hodgson gets bashed for being a dinosaur while Dalglish is a tactical genius when in fact he's big as a dinosaur as anyone Laughing

This quote sums it up perfectly for me..... Dalglish" Just give Rooney the ball and let him beat the whole team"

Laughing i can actually see this in his Liverpool tactics.... give the ball to Suarez and let him try and beat teams by himself.... when it doesnt work bring Carroll on and hoof it up to him and hope he can be Shearer mk2.

The Hodgson critisism is extremely unfair especially when you praise Dalglish so much and he's even more out of touch.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jun 2012, 20:43

^ stop being a bitter mag. I didn't even include Kenny in this discussion. You more obsessed with him that you are with your own club.

For the record, I thought it's time for change for us after losing the FA Cup final..so don't talk trash. Article out in 5 minutes, one of the videos I wanted to find with Roy talking about 4-4-2, wasn't on youtube, but still will make a new thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 25 Jun 2012, 20:58

I'm not bitter.... i just find it funny how Roy can be a dinosaur yet Dalglish is considering tactically brilliant by Liverpool fans when he has been out of touch for over a decade.

Classic hypocritism.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jun 2012, 21:02

^ Which Liverpool fans exactly ?

No, tell me. who who who

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 25 Jun 2012, 21:07

Practically all of you have praised his tactics atleast once....

I just dont see how you can Hodgson a dinosaur yet praise Dalglish and back him for so long.

I understand he's a legend and all, but does'nt change the fact he's been out of it for over a decade similarly to Keegan for us.

I just think your being unfair towards Hodgson because he did a poor job for Liverpool, he has done a great job for England considering the circumstances and usually done a good job where ever he's been.

There are much bigger issues with English football than Roy Hodgson.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by paddy Tue 26 Jun 2012, 01:33

Not to kick a team when they're down, but the problem is that they are absolutely not good enough, been saying it for years

paddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue 26 Jun 2012, 02:02

Abramovich wrote:
rwo power wrote:Hm. The German weather is not that different from the English weather most of the time *looks out of the window where rain is pouring right now*
I've never stepped foot in Germany aside from airports, but I've been Austria a few times and the weather >>>>>>> ours Sad.

Thats close enough to Germany right tongue
Austria belongs to the Germans' favourite holiday destinations. And that's not because the weather there is worse than ours or too much alike Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue 26 Jun 2012, 13:11

What Benitez thinks:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/2898/euro-2012/2012/06/26/3201086/england-must-decide-on-a-new-football-vision-says-rafa

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Wed 27 Jun 2012, 10:34

Getting out of the group stage is like winning a trophy. :coffee:

Down is the new up, Defense is the new Offense. Chelsea Proven.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Navigateur Wed 27 Jun 2012, 14:53

To all those who said "England just don't have the quality to play any other way" - do you mean in defence or in attack?

Because if England has a strong back 4 (which I believe) - then we don't NEED to play that way. The only reason to play a 4-4 defence is if your back 4 is actually rubbish.

Pushing Gerrard, Young, and Oxlaide Chamberlain further up the pitch, and instructing them to press hard to win the ball back along with Rooney and Welbeck, and does anyone disagree that we would have ended up with more possession and more chances?

And that our back 4 + 1 holding midfielder are more than good enough at defending to handle anyone without needing double cover all of the time?

So I don't understand some people's argument. Roy's tactics are only justified if we had an awful back 4, regardless of our attacking players, not if we had a GOOD back 4 (which I believe) but supposedly questionable attacking players! (which we'll never know because we didn't send them up to press, or for the attack, or the counter attack, to find out).

Am I missing something? If I'm not, then Hodgson must be replaced. We don't need to double-cover our back 4 all the time even against top teams - because our defenders are top level. THAT's WHY we CAN give it a go. A team with an already-good back 4 needs an attacking manager, such as Harry Redknapp or Pep Guardiola, regardless of how good or not our attacking players are, who we must allow to get into positions to press, attack and counter-attack so we can find out. I won't support England any more if we play like this again. I'll support Spain, Portugal, Germany etc.

Navigateur
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed 27 Jun 2012, 15:41

You have a point there.

However, England's back four plus 1 DM are not strong according to me. They needed the additional protection.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4