The Messiah
Potential
rwo power
REWB
Onyx
68 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion Empty Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by Onyx Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:43 pm

Germany vs England/Italy discussion.

Last edited by mtfootball on Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion Empty Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by REWB Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:44 pm

oh come on dude, a bit too early? lool
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion Empty Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by rwo power Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:06 pm

mtfootball wrote:Germany vs England/Italy discussion.
You think Germany is so good that England and Italy need to team up to play us? Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:10 pm

Why would you put Germany vs England/Italy, it's obviously going to be Germany vs Italy; England is going to get it's ass whipped so bad that even the English media is going to criticize them.

Also, regardless of the result (Italy will probably win), the game is going to be entertaining.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:14 pm

England vs Germany, I love England but I am Bayern fanatic and a die hard, hardcore fan and for that reason I stick with Germany.

Not a single f::k is given about Italy and Balotelli
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion Empty Germany vs. Italy Discussion

Post by Babun Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:16 pm

As long as I remember, Germany never won a competitive game vs. Italy in K.O. stages therefore I feel pretty pessimistic about the outcome.

Discuss! eco smile

Last edited by Immortal Babun on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:17 pm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:50 pm

Games like these arent good for my heart, thats for sure. I dont even wanna know my pulse when there was a pk shootout earlier today.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:54 pm

I'll write my full thoughts later but:

I'll tell you:

1. Italia already a team devoid of stamina will be further drained from this taxing match against England as ET is just a bonus.

2. Past records don't mean anything. Germany are the better team and will go through given their momentum and confidence.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:56 pm

Italy looked f*cking great though, finishing aside. I'm a bit scared, they might just knock us the f*ck out.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:58 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Italy looked f*cking great though, finishing aside. I'm a bit scared, they might just knock us the f*ck out.

Advantage for Italia is that they play better and dominate teams that actually want to play football.

But the fatigue factor and the underdog mentality of the Germans (only due to the record against Italia that troubles Germans) will see them go through.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:02 am

Dat reverse Jinx :lucas :

I still think Germany will win though.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:05 am

Zealous wrote:Dat reverse Jinx :lucas :

I still think Germany will win though.

Nah not really Very Happy

Thing is I am just happy Italia are through as a loss against England would have been too much.

Matches that make me nervous most are the ones that are on equal footing in terms of outcome.

I'm pretty much resigned to thinking young Germany will prevail onto the finals. They are literally destined for it. Hence my prediction that Germany will win the Euros.

Speaking of jinx....Zeal I was wondering if you'd help me on a long article on how Italia will lose to Germany hmm

Down for it buddy? Twisted Evil
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:09 am

Ozil is going to run riot with whatever assortment of wingers/strikers he is paired with

Ozil-Khedira-Schweinsteiger will expose Pirlo's defensive liability just like they did with the Netherlands
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:14 am

Ozil and Khedira have come up against better midfields and have come out on top. But never underestimate the heart of a champion and Italy have that right now.

All I know is I'm in for a treat eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:17 am

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Ozil is going to run riot with whatever assortment of wingers/strikers he is paired with

Ozil-Khedira-Schweinsteiger will expose Pirlo's defensive liability just like they did with the Netherlands

Pirlo is a defensive liability only when played too deep. Otherwise he thrives against midfields like those who give him less space as he is more crucial with tight spaces then open spaces.

Speaking of that midfield...remember Germany-Italia friendly? Remember how Pirlo dominated that midfield?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:58 am

Marchisio & De Rossi will eat Ozil alive Smile
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:01 am

C.Marchisio #8 wrote:Marchisio & De Rossi will eat Ozil alive Smile
Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion Tumblr_lbspveB9Qu1qc623n

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:03 am

Will Chiellini be back?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:07 am

^^fck me ozil looks EPIC in that pic. looks like a total beast.

back on topic, i think it will be an even game. i have a feeling ozil will flop though, pirlo will shine again. Germany will go through as they have much more clinical players.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:13 am

Arquitecto wrote:
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Ozil is going to run riot with whatever assortment of wingers/strikers he is paired with

Pirlo is a defensive liability only when played too deep. Otherwise he thrives against midfields like those who give him less space as he is more crucial with tight spaces then open spaces.

Speaking of that midfield...remember Germany-Italia friendly? Remember how Pirlo dominated that midfield?
In that last friendly, Özil played like a regista and compeltely dominated Italy. Italy scored a fluke goal on the break in the end to get a draw.
I don't know about what kind of domination you're talking about eco smile
Germany had more possession, Özil had more passes and more key passes than any player on the pitch including Pirlo. He was MOTM.
Here, the report: http://blogs.bettor.com/International-Friendly-Germany-vs-Italy-A-Tactical-analysis-a55453

The difference is, it was a friendly and since then Italy play with a 5 man midfield. I still don't know how Italy is going to contain Özil though. Man marking him is the worst thing to do eco smile Unlike Pirlo, he plays very advanced and takes markers away from action if covered too tightly. Just look at both Schweini assists vs. Netherlands. Also, Pirlo plays exactly where Özil works eco smile He'll have his hands/ feets full defending against him.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:48 am

And suddenly Madrid fans are here, supporting Germany. How plastic can it get.

Anyways this is going to be a difficult mactch, I'm worrIed about this match and I wanted England to be victorious so German can avoid Italy, it's here and its here, expect Tony Kroos to come from the bench and ourst Oezil, as well as out perform him and scoring the winning goal.

At least we all know this is a wishful thought and anyone that goes about taking it too seriously should look at himself.

And this specially goes out to all my little Lambs, I've to make it elementary for them now.

I am on a horse.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:55 am

De Rossi, Marchisio and even Montolivo (or Motta) provide more than enough defensive cover for Pirlo.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:57 am

Luca wrote:

De Rossi, Marchisio and even Montolivo (or Motta) provide more than enough defensive cover for Pirlo.

De Jong-MVB isn't exactly a shabby defensive combination either, and yet look what happened to them...
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:59 am

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
Luca wrote:

De Jong-MVB isn't exactly a shabby defensive combination either, and yet look what happened to them...

You're right, but 3 midfielders all working for Pirlo, and then also Pirlo himself, that's pretty strong.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next