kiranr
7amood11
rwo power
Die Borussen
the xcx
61 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Semi final:   Portugal vs Spain discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Semi final: Portugal vs Spain discussion

Post by Juveman17 Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:44 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo will save the world from Spain :bow:

Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Semi final:   Portugal vs Spain discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Semi final: Portugal vs Spain discussion

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:25 pm

Zealous wrote:Someone forgot to tell Spain that their job is to entertain the English public not win the tournament :bow:

To that a Spanish journalist replied that he would like to see England entertain and reach the semi final. Now we all know that England did not reach the semi final. Did they entertain? I suppose they did because they sure made a lot of people around the world laugh seeing so many players, playing in the most well known league in the world, not able to control a ball or make a five yard pass even if their lives depended on it. Very Happy

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:29 pm

Zealous wrote:Just like Chelsea standed no chance against Barca? Laughing

Very true. You just never know in football. It could still be a Portugal vs. Italy final which probably no pundit predicted when the tournament began. Anyway I am glad that for once the semi finalists in a tournament are unquestionably the four best teams participating, at least in my humble opinion.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:31 pm

I agree with you there. The last four objectively speaking have been the best four until now.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:35 pm

harhar11 wrote:
Spain has Iniesta and Silva who are beautiful to watch...

To be honest at times I do feel frustrated seeing that extra back pass when another goal scoring chance could have been created without too much difficulty. Yet bored is the last thing I can be because just watching Iniesta on the ball is enough reason to sacrifice many sleepless nights. Essentially that is the kind of artistry that makes me love the beautiful game in the first place. Then there was Xavi's slide rule pass from which Fabregas could not score but I would deeply regret if I hadn't watched that live.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:14 pm

In order to stop Ronaldo when Portugal have possession, just play a highline and crowd him out.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:18 pm

or ask your fans to boo him

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:30 pm

mtfootball wrote:In order to stop Ronaldo when Portugal have possession, just play a highline and crowd him out.

That won't work imo. If only because it's too risky, if that high line doesn't work perfectly Portugal will punish you.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:06 am

Zealous wrote:
That won't work imo. If only because it's too risky, if that high line doesn't work perfectly Portugal will punish you.

Portugal can be very dangerous on the counter-attack and are possibly the team that can give Spain maximum trouble in this tournament. I see this match as a real 50-50.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:50 am

I can see Portugal parking the bus against us and playing on the coutner... They have the players in Ronaldo and Nani to play the counter and with the fatigue levels of the Spanish, there is a slight possiblity they do have a chance though they need to execute the plan to its potential and fear they may not. Pepe to play reckless :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:53 am

The crowd to chant Messi when Ronaldo has the ball :coffee:. I sense a flop unless the counter strategy happens
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:10 pm

Zealous wrote:
mtfootball wrote:In order to stop Ronaldo when Portugal have possession, just play a highline and crowd him out.

The Portugal CF's aren't the quickest imo and when Ronaldo isn't given space he doesn't really do well. Spain just have to watch the counter-attacks.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:20 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
Spain has Iniesta and Silva who are beautiful to watch...

To be honest at times I do feel frustrated seeing that extra back pass when another goal scoring chance could have been created without too much difficulty. Yet bored is the last thing I can be because just watching Iniesta on the ball is enough reason to sacrifice many sleepless nights. Essentially that is the kind of artistry that makes me love the beautiful game in the first place. Then there was Xavi's slide rule pass from which Fabregas could not score but I would deeply regret if I hadn't watched that live.

Same here, but as I said, atleast Spain has those 2 player that can make the game see so beautiful while portugal doesnt hence why I prefer to watch Spain over Portugal...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:27 pm

mtfootball wrote:
Zealous wrote:

The Portugal CF's aren't the quickest imo and when Ronaldo isn't given space he doesn't really do well. Spain just have to watch the counter-attacks.

You're completely misreading Portugal's game. On the counter the midfield three are the dangermen, the front three are there to finish it off. This is why a high line is a bad idea:

Obviously that won't happen again but do you think Spain will risk it?

Also don't give Ronaldo space? What does that even mean? If you mean man mark him he'll just drift to the middle and Coentrao and Meirieles will run into the space he leaves.

Portugal only need one attacking play to go right for them tomorow just one and Spain will be all over the place imo.

However if Llorente plays things could get interesting. He gives Spain something different.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:37 pm

LLorente is a target man and would literally ruin Spain's natural game. IF anyone Negredo. LLorente won't be great as we need crosses for him to score chances and well Arbeloa isn't the best of crosses. Alba has proven he can cross well though his constant attacking runs will expose the defense and really after the previosu performances against Portugal, its best to what we have done before. Spain just need to treat Ronaldo like they did wih Ribery, once you have the ball, they don't create danger. its just about keeping the ball and creating chances. With an early goal, Spain will dominant the game.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:49 pm

By space, I mean just crowd him whenever he has the ball.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:49 pm

Pique has to show up . he's the one who has to usher the ball out or at least hold up or cover Ronaldo if Arbealoa just gets beaten for pace off a long ball anything like that, Busquets would probably want to sit a bit deeper to cover stuff like this as well.

It doesn't make sense to crowd him, press the midfielders, force bad passes, 1 defender is enough on him if Portugal is forced to bring the ball up slowly.If that happens I say force them to pass it to him, leave him open, let's see what he can do with the ball.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:57 pm

Thats nonesense.

He would ruins Spains natural game of passing it in front of defence? Im sure they will miss that lol

If Llorente can play for Bilbao's twice as high tempo game, he would coast for Spain.

Also, Ribery and Cristiano are different players. Ribery has the ball at his feet and creates. If you take away his options (of his own manager does it for you) then he will have more trouble.

Cristiano is a danger in another way, he will get off the ball and make runs into goalscoring positions.

Very different dangers and you cant gameplan for them the sameway.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:59 pm

Cex plays for Spain so will root for Spain.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:05 pm

I feel like Llorente ain't a good option.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:10 pm

A worse option than noone?

Or Torres?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:08 pm

I'm with Dani here, Llorente offers Spain something they despretly need, a focal point in the final third. Also if Spain don't play a CF Pepe will feel comfortable moving forwad and breaking up play in midfield where he would likely to have a big impact.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:10 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Pique has to show up . he's the one who has to usher the ball out or at least hold up or cover Ronaldo if Arbealoa just gets beaten for pace off a long ball anything like that, Busquets would probably want to sit a bit deeper to cover stuff like this as well.

It doesn't make sense to crowd him, press the midfielders, force bad passes, 1 defender is enough on him if Portugal is forced to bring the ball up slowly.If that happens I say force them to pass it to him, leave him open, let's see what he can do with the ball.

Let Cristiano have the ball is Portugal's best bet and you're suggesting Spain let that happen? lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:16 pm

Nah, Portugal's best bet if they consolidate possession is to move it around once the long ball option is taken away. If Cristiano gets the ball early in the play , with the defense set in front of him , the ball won't move that much, having him on the ball means his off the ball movement is nullified and he would be forced to create for Almeida and Nani.

I'll take that all day long.

It's a different story on the counter, I'm soley talking about if the ball is brought up slowly and the defense has a time to set up properly.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:20 pm

The dreaded semifinal. It's hard to decide which team to support. I always support the team that plays vs. Spain, but in this case said team has Pepe, Concentrao and Cipriano.

Anyway, I'm with them. Go Real Portugal (but get half the team suspended and injured for the final).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:27 pm

free_cat wrote:The dreaded semifinal. It's hard to decide which team to support. I always support the team that plays vs. Spain, but in this case said team has Pepe, Concentrao and Cipriano.

Anyway, I'm with them. Go Real Portugal (but get half the team suspended and injured for the final).

Welcome to the club #SaveusCR
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next