LeSwagg James
rwo power
Dante
The_ItalianFool
Art Morte
34 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Blatter wants to get rid of penalty shootouts Empty Blatter wants to get rid of penalty shootouts

Post by Art Morte Fri May 25, 2012 11:24 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18205513

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has asked Bayern Munich honorary president Franz Beckenbauer to come up with an alternative to the "tragedy" of penalty shoot-outs.

Beckenbauer is head of the Football Task Force 2014, a group designed to recommend rule changes.

"Football can be a tragedy when you go to penalty kicks," Blatter said.

"Football should not go to one to one. When it goes to penalty kicks football loses its essence."

He added: "Perhaps Franz Beckenbauer with his football 2014 group can show us a solution, perhaps not today but in the future."

If 120 minutes of football cannot separate two teams, then I think "ordinary" football has had its chance and penalties are a good way to decide the winner. What do you think? Do you have alternatives in mind for penalty shootouts?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Blatter wants to get rid of penalty shootouts Empty Re: Blatter wants to get rid of penalty shootouts

Post by The_ItalianFool Fri May 25, 2012 11:27 am

Penalties are so epic!

As much as I hate it when it comes down to penalties with my team, it is an exciting ending to a stalemate.

We should get rid of Blatter before Penalties Clubber
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Blatter wants to get rid of penalty shootouts Empty Re: Blatter wants to get rid of penalty shootouts

Post by Art Morte Fri May 25, 2012 11:39 am

The_ItalianFool wrote:

Hear hear.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri May 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Art Morte wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18205513

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has asked Bayern Munich honorary president Franz Beckenbauer to come up with an alternative to the "tragedy" of penalty shoot-outs.

Beckenbauer is head of the Football Task Force 2014, a group designed to recommend rule changes.

"Football can be a tragedy when you go to penalty kicks," Blatter said.

"Football should not go to one to one. When it goes to penalty kicks football loses its essence."

He added: "Perhaps Franz Beckenbauer with his football 2014 group can show us a solution, perhaps not today but in the future."

If 120 minutes of football cannot separate two teams, then I think "ordinary" football has had its chance and penalties are a good way to decide the winner. What do you think? Do you have alternatives in mind for penalty shootouts?

Ok ..but even after 120m ? It's enough time to make the difference , in my opinion . There's nothing else fair enough to decide the outcome , unless they want to turn a final/stalemate into 2 matches , which would be terrible imho .

They can improve the extra time and penalties though , that would be welcomed.. some suggestions ;

Give coaches the chance to make 1 extra substitution in each half of the extra time .

this way , it will give teams a bit more freshness in their lineups to win the game .

Force the break after 90 minutes & the break within extra time at 10m each or even make it like the original half-time ,15m .

this way , players will again be more fresh & rested to win the game .

Force the golden-goal rule once again.

I am not in favour of it and i was quite happy to see it was abandoned , but it would reduce the chances of going to penalties a lot .

Introduce goal-line tech/official-off-referee into the game .

This way , any goal that could decide the match will be counted 100% , even if the ref-linesman can't tell for sure and this could prevent a match going to penalties.

Or , just have an official referee behind the camera & when the referee or the linesman can't tell 100% what happened , he then will give the correct outcome through the replay . Once again , this could prevent a match going to penalties.

These are pretty simple , but i am sure , better than completely rule out penalties Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri May 25, 2012 12:15 pm

Actually, I like penalty shoot-outs. I love that GKs have a chance to show-off big time for once Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri May 25, 2012 12:22 pm

I hope the Football Task Force laughs in this idiots face.. Game's can't go on forever, and 1 game finals are more exciting than 2 legged affairs

Also like RWO said, it gives GK's a time to shine
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Margera Fri May 25, 2012 12:23 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:
Margera
Margera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri May 25, 2012 1:36 pm

Step-ladder is being ridiculous as always. As much as I hate penalty shootouts when we are in one, and it hurts so much to lose from one, it is an appropriate end after two hours of the 'team play' football not being able to decide the game.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri May 25, 2012 1:38 pm

He probably prefers toss coins.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri May 25, 2012 1:42 pm

He's mad an English team won the European Cup. :dance:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 25, 2012 1:57 pm

Margera wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Fri May 25, 2012 2:41 pm

blatter is butthurt an english team won on shootouts

dom't be surprised platini has a hand in this
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri May 25, 2012 3:12 pm

While I hate to agree with a douche like Blatter, I don't like penalties. I've always felt that ending a game on penalties was like deciding a basketball game with free-throws.

I understand fans like the spectacle of PK's, but I would just rather see the game decided playing actual football.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri May 25, 2012 3:42 pm

He is just hatin' on Chelsea.

I see no better way of settling matches.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri May 25, 2012 3:44 pm

Funny Bayern weren't complaining about pens when they got to the final lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 25, 2012 3:49 pm

I'm all for the golden goal, it makes extra time so much more epic. It means that every attack has the potential to be game deciding, and every defense has the potential to be game deciding. Would be a very intense way to decide a match.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri May 25, 2012 3:57 pm

What about 10 players of each team taking a penalty each , most scored wins the game hmm

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri May 25, 2012 4:07 pm

It's really hard to get rid of it.

The first step should be to bring back the golden goal rule. The team who loses had 90 minutes to win the game if they were better and deserved to win they had ample time to do that not to mention they could have scored in the Golden Goal portion of the game just like the other team did.

The thing thats tricky about European football ( I wont say soccer) compared to American sports is that they only get 3 subs and have no time outs and rest periods so they players are basically dead at the end of the game and even more so at the end of extra time.

Really the only way to do it is to just have a 30 minutes extra Golden Goal session after the 90 minute game as players can handle that and if it's not finished by then, then you give both teams as many substitutions as they want and have an un timed golden goal session until someone scores.

This way you had your traditional game and overtime and your still settling it by playing football.

Plus it tests teams depth and conditioning which is all part of the game and you are getting a winner by playing the game not a one off contest that really doesn't resemble football and all the strategy and skill that goes into it.

Yes by that time most of the star players would be finished and dead tired but they had there chance to effect the game and didn't. You usually have 10 or so players on your bench that never stepped foot in the game so why not throw them in the equation as they are part of your team.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri May 25, 2012 4:10 pm

Let's bring back the replay rule if there is a draw at 90 minutes.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri May 25, 2012 4:12 pm

BTW, I have no issues with how they do it now with the penalty kicks as I think it's one of the most dramatic things in sports.

So I could care less if they change it, the one thing that does kind of bother me is when teams play to try and get to PK's but that's really hard to do anyways but if your in overtime and you want to kill 30 minutes to go to PK's you could and that's not right.

But it'e really exciting how it is now. The other thing that sucks is a player could have a wonderful game (Ronaldo) and if they miss there PK that's all anyone remembers. Thats not fair either.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri May 25, 2012 4:14 pm

dnmac4 wrote:BTW, I have no issues with how they do it now with the penalty kicks as I think it's one of the most dramatic things in sports.

So I could care less if they change it, the one thing that does kind of bother me is when teams play to try and get to PK's but that's really hard to do anyways but if your in overtime and you want to kill 30 minutes to go to PK's you could and that's not right.

But it'e really exciting how it is now. The other thing that sucks is a player could have a wonderful game (Ronaldo) and if they miss there PK that's all anyone remembers. Thats not fair either.

I agree with you.

But the golden goal rule won't solve that. If teams are too afraid of losing when they concede they will park the bus as well.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri May 25, 2012 4:38 pm

blatter probably wants to replace penalties with an auction...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri May 25, 2012 4:42 pm

i like PK because it's always intense . not the better way to decide a winner but 120 is more than enough

But coach should be allowed to make one extra-sub in the extra-time

And btw , in CL games , when a team scores a goal away in extra-time it still counts double , They should change this too :coffee:
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Fri May 25, 2012 5:00 pm

coin toss or golden goal again :coffee:
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Fri May 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Van Gaal's idea 2 years back -

If extra-time is required following a draw, it should consist of two 15-minute periods with each team losing a man every five minutes. After 95 minutes ten would play against ten, after 100 minutes nine on nine. From the 115th minute it would only be six on six.

"Then only the best team would secure the win – and not just a single player through a penalty.”

If there is still no result after 120 minutes, a golden goal would decide the game.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next