Birth Date: 3 Sep 1988
Birth Place: Berlin, Germany
Height:  1.92m (6' 4'')  
Weight: 90 kg
Foot: both
Market value: 40 000 000 €
Contract until 30 June 2021

Homepage: http://www.jboateng.com
Jérôme Boateng at transfermarkt.de: http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/jerome-boateng/profil/spieler_26485.html

Other threads that pertain to Jérôme Boateng:

The Official Mourning of Jerome Boateng
http://www.goallegacy.net/t37677-the-official-mourning-of-jerome-boateng

Bayern Defense Stats:
http://www.goallegacy.net/t16194-bayern-defense-stats

Bayern Fan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

#17 - Jérôme Boateng Empty Re: #17 - Jérôme Boateng

Post by The Messiah Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:57 pm

Bayern Fan wrote:I never really have seen a whole lot of him. I know that he has good speed for a CB and I'm pretty sure he player LB (or RB) in the WC and for me he looked good.

Is there anything he really struggles with?
Injury, not-aggressive enough, Concentration, Heading, set piece loads of stuff. I dont know why we after him anyways.

when we could go after players like Alex, Sakho,

Last edited by Idrisozet on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:09 am; edited 4 times in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:08 am

Probably because he's German and because he was great at Hamburg. Is also potentialy cheaper than the other guys you mentioned... But yeah, I want an experienced CB aswell.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:24 am

I doubt Boateng will be cheaper when he is at City. All EPL clubs usually overvalue players greatly!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:09 am

rwo power wrote:I doubt Boateng will be cheaper when he is at City. All EPL clubs usually overvalue players greatly!

City would probably be willing to offload him IMO . They have Kompany Toure Lescott and probably going to buy Cahill . So will be cheap as they need to meet FFP rules .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:12 am

On the other hand they know that Bayern look for a CB and they will try to milk them as much as possible (which, fortunately, the Bayern management won't allow). So I guess Bayern will play hardball and wait till the very last if they really want to get him, so that ManCity are forced to sell him for a cheaper price.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:05 pm

Bayern Fan wrote:I never really have seen a whole lot of him. I know that he has good speed for a CB and I'm pretty sure he player LB (or RB) in the WC and for me he looked good.

Is there anything he really struggles with?

His decision-making is at the level of a 22-year old, or whatever his age is. You can't be a world class CB at that age. But he's very close to being one, or at least he has everything he needs to become one.

He's very fast (not just for a CB, he just is very fast), his technique and tackling are great, he's good with headers, and his playmaking is decent, maybe lacking for a FB, but more than enough for a CB. The only thing he needs is better judgement, and that will only come with time as a starter.

He was bloody brilliant for Hamburg and the German U21, as well as at the WC, he pretty much only sucked at some matches for City.
And he isn't really that injury prone, he just was injured this season, I don't think that makes him the "Black Robben" or anything.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:30 pm

He was shit at City because he was being put as a FB, like in the NT. They just can't find space to fit him in.

City could offload him if they buy another CB, but you guys need to remember Toure is banned for months for taking his wife's diet pills Laughing
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:32 pm

But yeah exactly. Boateng at CB was godly. Better than Höwedes he was, back at Hamburg. Maybe even Hummels-level good. Just utterly undefeatable.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:49 pm

Sushi Master wrote:He was shit at City because he was being put as a FB, like in the NT. They just can't find space to fit him in.

City could offload him if they buy another CB, but you guys need to remember Toure is banned for months for taking his wife's diet pills Laughing

Toure's ban has been reduced to september IIRC .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:58 pm

Have to German clubs are poor when it comes to transfer dealings . City bought Lescott for 22 mil but Boeteng for 10 mil .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:20 pm

Because EPL clubs always pay higher for English players though, not because BuLi clubs are so shitty at negotiating... Well, maybe a bit of both.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:24 pm

If Buli clubs were just a bit like Portuguese clubs, they'd be rich. Last mega signing was Gomez for 30m, apart from that it's usually very low (realistic) signings. It makes sence since Germany's economy shits all over other European ones... but they should still include all those massive inflated prices.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:25 pm

I'm always intrigued why the EPL guys play fantasy prices for mostly mediocre English players. Ah well, I guess that's EPL for you. And because they are so expensive they are seen as world beaters Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:36 pm

Yeah go 20-m-Milner... World class player if there ever was one.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:43 pm

rwo power wrote:I'm always intrigued why the EPL guys play fantasy prices for mostly mediocre English players. Ah well, I guess that's EPL for you. And because they are so expensive they are seen as world beaters Very Happy

One reason is its always safe to build teams around young english players than foreign players . With English u are most likely to get their best years whereas foreign players are off with the slightest interest from Real or Barca . So u rarely get their best years and hence have to rebuild again .

Of course City and Chelsea 's inflation of transfer fees played a significant role too .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:10 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
rwo power wrote:I'm always intrigued why the EPL guys play fantasy prices for mostly mediocre English players. Ah well, I guess that's EPL for you. And because they are so expensive they are seen as world beaters Very Happy

One reason is its always safe to build teams around young english players than foreign players . With English u are most likely to get their best years whereas foreign players are off with the slightest interest from Real or Barca . So u rarely get their best years and hence have to rebuild again .

Of course City and Chelsea 's inflation of transfer fees played a significant role too .

Can't agree more with both the points here.

Also, in England or Spain, there are teams which have the cash to splurge on players. Hence, they wouldn't give too much of a thought before splurging 5-10 million more. Andy Caroll at 35 mil to Liverpool is a classic example. In Germany, Bayern is probably the only club with that monetary backing. Though I admit, I admire the ferocity with Germans love their football team. Truly loyal! Admirable!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:54 pm

Gotta disagree with you that English and Spanish clubs have the cash - When for example Bayern makes mega-purchases (like the summer before the Uefa Cup year, or Gomez) Bayern doesn't have to worry how much that would put us into debt. City and Chelsea have substantial cash injections but I can't help but shake my head when foreign companies/people "own" a football club and it's mismanaged. (esp. Liverpool, since that's the English club I like the most)
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:45 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
One reason is its always safe to build teams around young english players than foreign players. With English u are most likely to get their best years whereas foreign players are off with the slightest interest from Real or Barca. So u rarely get their best years and hence have to rebuild again.
Good point indeed!

srigooner wrote:Also, in England or Spain, there are teams which have the cash to splurge on players. Hence, they wouldn't give too much of a thought before splurging 5-10 million more. Andy Caroll at 35 mil to Liverpool is a classic example. In Germany, Bayern is probably the only club with that monetary backing.
Well, even then they try not to overspend. They have good merchants in their financial staff and thus they have a very stable financial backing. Heck, they even help out their city rivals 1860 with monetary injections!

srigooner wrote:Though I admit, I admire the ferocity with Germans love their football team. Truly loyal! Admirable!
Well, the boys deserve it! And I think that backing probably makes them fight till the very end in important matches. Smile
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:15 am

Phritz wrote:Gotta disagree with you that English and Spanish clubs have the cash - When for example Bayern makes mega-purchases (like the summer before the Uefa Cup year, or Gomez) Bayern doesn't have to worry how much that would put us into debt. City and Chelsea have substantial cash injections but I can't help but shake my head when foreign companies/people "own" a football club and it's mismanaged. (esp. Liverpool, since that's the English club I like the most)

I think u misunderstood the Liverpool situation . We were in debt not because because of overspending but because our previous owners borrowed money from banks to buy our club and put that debt on our club .If anything our net balance is always lower than most big clubs .

We now have owners have removed all the debts owned by the club . So now we can afford to spend big in market with our revenue rather than paying debt fees about 40 mil year which we did under previous owners .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:12 am

What I meant was how it was mis-managed by the previous Americans.

Germans love football so much that an Oberliga team has a stadium the size of Anfield! Gelsenkirchen is just insane when it comes to football fandom though, is there any city like it in the world?
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:57 pm

Phritz wrote:Germans love football so much that an Oberliga team has a stadium the size of Anfield! Gelsenkirchen is just insane when it comes to football fandom though, is there any city like it in the world?
You should have seen Dortmund celebrate the BVB when they won the salad bowl!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

#17 - Jérôme Boateng Empty Boateng wants out

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:15 pm

Manchester City defender Jerome Boateng wants to return to the German league by joining Bayern Munich.

The 22-year-old move to City last summer on a five-year deal from Hamburg but has become frustrated at Eastlands.

He wants to play at centre-back and not the right-back slot he usually occupies for City. He said: "It is all about whether I am released. I hope it works.

"Bayern are bigger than City, they are one of the top six teams in Europe. To play for them would be an honour."

A stumbling block over any deal could be the fee for Boateng, whose first season at City was disrupted by injury and limited him to 24 appearances.

His last game for City was on 2 March in the FA Cup fifth round victory over Aston Villa.

Despite City going on to lift the Cup and qualify for the Champions League, Boateng is keen to leave in order to improve his international prospects with Germany.

"I would like to go to Munich. On my side everything is clear," said Boateng.

"I have already told [City manager] Roberto Mancini that I want to play in central defence and not at full-back.

"Bayern have indicated I will play in the centre. To play there regularly is important for me because I will have a better chance of playing in the national team."

BBC

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Interista809 Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:17 pm

He's doing it the right way.
Interista809
Interista809
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Neo Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:18 pm

It´s all just a matter of the price then

If he plays regular for Bayern then he will get a starting spot in the German National team sooner or later, and he nows that
Neo
Neo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next