John Aloisi to coach Melbourne Heart

4 posters

Go down

John Aloisi to coach Melbourne Heart Empty John Aloisi to coach Melbourne Heart

Post by dostoevsky Tue 8 May 2012 - 11:46

Source: The Australian http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/john-aloisi-takes-lessons-to-heart/story-e6frg7mf-1226349657064

FORMER Socceroo John Aloisi says he will use lessons learned from all the coaches he played under when he takes charge of Melbourne Heart in next season’s A-League.

Aloisi was today confirmed as the replacement for Dutchman John van`t Schip, who left at the end of the season to take up a job in Mexico.

Aloisi, well known as the man who struck home the penalty that helped Australia qualify for the 2006 World Cup finals, beat a strong field of local and overseas-based coaches for the job at the fledgling club.

In confirming the decision at a press conference this morning, Heart chairman Peter Sidwell said he was confident the club had chosen the right man for the job.

“We considered a number of outstanding candidates both externally and internally, but we ultimately reached the conclusion John was the right man to take us forward as we continue to develop as a club,” Sidwell said.

At 36, Aloisi will be one of the youngest coaches to be in charge of a club in the A-League.

He said he learned a great deal from playing under Socceroos coaches like Guus Hiddink and Terry Venables.

“Terry was a great man manager and knew how to get the best out of players. He made everyone feel they were important and everyone is important, even if they are not playing because it is likely you’ll need to call on them at some stage,” Aloisi said.

“Hiddink was one of those coaches who could read the situation in game and he’d be ready for anything. He was very thorough and has a great football brain.

“I’ll just take a bit of something from those coaches and add bring my own qualities to the table as well.”

Aloisi, who was youth team coach at the Heart, beat senior assistant coach Ante Milicic for the main role.

Milicic is understood to be disappointed at being overlooked and his future at the club is unclear. He could no be targeted for the head coaching role at the new west Sydney franchise.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

John Aloisi to coach Melbourne Heart Empty Re: John Aloisi to coach Melbourne Heart

Post by dostoevsky Tue 8 May 2012 - 11:54

I'm quite surprised, my initial reaction was even to be amused, however this is quite a good move potentially, or at least one reflecting a positive attitude. Whether Aloisi is personally successful, whether immediately or otherwise, it's good to see a new generation of coaches being fostered and after he's been able to work with the youth team as well.

All the best to Aloisi, may he do a glorious job.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

John Aloisi to coach Melbourne Heart Empty Re: John Aloisi to coach Melbourne Heart

Post by fatman123 Tue 8 May 2012 - 12:00

didnt know he was a youth coach there, and given that then i cant see much reason why this could be that bad a move, afterall Aloisi has played high level football under big coaches, im sure he'll be fine
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue 8 May 2012 - 13:01

Don't be surprised. Apparently he did wonders with the youth team and is being earmarked as a future Socceroos coach, and big success story. Obviously he's pretty good at it.

It will take him time to step up, but I hope he's good... but not too good Very Happy
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue 8 May 2012 - 13:02

Heart for the A League crown next season. :dance:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue 8 May 2012 - 13:26

I'm pretty surprised. I'll wait and see before I pass judgement.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down