JAY-Z
BarcaKizz
Patrick Bateman
Vibe
flameas
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Villas-Boas set for Roma switch - Page 3 Empty Re: Villas-Boas set for Roma switch

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 03, 2012 1:04 pm

Most if not all of you Romanisti are aware of my liking and soft spot for Roma, along with the fact that Enrique has been one of my childhood favorites. You also may know how highly I revere him as a manager since his Barca B days and even since he has come to Roma.

Here is the thing, AvB is a very talented manager and would be perfect for Roma if he was the foremost manager to be applied to the project in the influx of Di Benedetto & NESV. Even if LE is replaced he STILL would be success.

But why would you want a manager sacked who is part of a 5 YEAR PLAN. The initial thought was Enrique would fail miserably with his very risky style (in context to being played in the A) yet here we have Enrique's Roma nearly in the EL and fighting for the CL (don't count the recent drop in the gap). I see improvements in the team play and tactics despite some of the pessimistic outlooks here and I'm surprised he has done so with such a disbalanced squad, bad luck and highly inconsistent back line. LE and Sabbatini have already stated most of the implementation in play and results will require time as such is the case in adapting to a new philosophy and style within football.

I personally hold Roma is high regard as a club with their youth, philosophy, principle, etc. What I always disliked about Roma was the incredibly infuriating press associated with them and their more radical fans. This isn't even the typical central Italian temper and impulsiveness. This is simply a group of fans who do not understand the meaning of patience or the concept of time needed to build a team. Which is essentially the cause of Roma's inconsistencies throughout there history. It is generally held within Italia that Roma is by fa the hardest club to manage within the whole of Italia (if not Europe) due to the immense pressure applied by the press and more importantly the fans. Its pure madness! These fans are always about results NOW NOW NOW. It isn't adult.

In the end I would be even more upset than some of you Romanisti if LE is sacked and this isn't just because I admire him as a player and manager, but it will show that Roma (their fans) (or serie A) will remain in their stubborn ways as its a testament to whats been wrong about the club throughout the greater part of the decade.

I trust Sabbatini will convince him and trust that Enrique who is a mental athlete, will overcome the immense pressure and follow through with this project. As for the summer, please provide him with some players for the backline along with a striker who can score (borini too young, Bojan not a proper striker).

As for the debate, I would like to give a special mention to Mike who has debated in this thread absolute wonderful fashion. You have my respect for that.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Villas-Boas set for Roma switch - Page 3 Empty Re: Villas-Boas set for Roma switch

Post by McLewis Thu May 03, 2012 2:33 pm

flameas wrote:I wish we could trade enrique for guardiola lol.. that would be a upgrade Very Happy

Actually im tired on experiments.. I would like a decent, balanced coach. But would welcome Spalletti back with open arms. Hes tactics still work, Zenit is winning.

Guardiola inherited a team that was already WC team as well as potential world-beaters and merely molded them to completion. If he had moved here, he'd be in the same boat as LE. He'd have to build his own squad and mentality.

Do you what that takes? T-I-M-E.

Guardiola would not resolve our problems.

----------------------

As for experiments. Who do you think would succeed with us as a decent, balanced coach? Let's play this game again.

Spaletti? He's said it himself, he didn't want to come back to Italy because of the lack of job security and overall IMPATIENCE from the fans of basically every team, Roma especially. Why would a coach that's doing so well want to throw himself back into the boiling pot like that again? Do you know why he left the first time? Because he lost the dressing room AND the fans. Nothing would change with Spaletti. He'd right the ship temporarily until the results begin to go awry again and then you'll be calling for his head too along with the other fickle, nonsensical fans.

Give me another coach to debunk, please. I can do this all day. :coffee:

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Thu May 03, 2012 3:40 pm

Probably youre right. But I seriously hope that our management helps LE in his cause - hire a defensive assistant, buy some defenders. And yet again we are linked mostly with strikers..

As for Spalletti, I cant really say that fans treated him with impatience. He did very well, won Coppas. That was the max of that squad. He was at Roma for such a long time that we cant really talk about impatience. Now he would have a squad ( if we get some defenders) to be a world beater.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu May 03, 2012 4:14 pm

flameas wrote:Probably youre right. But I seriously hope that our management helps LE in his cause - hire a defensive assistant, buy some defenders. And yet again we are linked mostly with strikers..

As for Spalletti, I cant really say that fans treated him with impatience. He did very well, won Coppas. That was the max of that squad. He was at Roma for such a long time that we cant really talk about impatience. Now he would have a squad ( if we get some defenders) to be a world beater.

An Italian assistant please , he is "foreigner"and that should not be underestimated because more often non-Italian managers are not able to fully understand italian Leauge .
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu May 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Most if not all of you Romanisti are aware of my liking and soft spot for Roma, along with the fact that Enrique has been one of my childhood favorites. You also may know how highly I revere him as a manager since his Barca B days and even since he has come to Roma.

Here is the thing, AvB is a very talented manager and would be perfect for Roma if he was the foremost manager to be applied to the project in the influx of Di Benedetto & NESV. Even if LE is replaced he STILL would be success.

But why would you want a manager sacked who is part of a 5 YEAR PLAN. The initial thought was Enrique would fail miserably with his very risky style (in context to being played in the A) yet here we have Enrique's Roma nearly in the EL and fighting for the CL (don't count the recent drop in the gap). I see improvements in the team play and tactics despite some of the pessimistic outlooks here and I'm surprised he has done so with such a disbalanced squad, bad luck and highly inconsistent back line. LE and Sabbatini have already stated most of the implementation in play and results will require time as such is the case in adapting to a new philosophy and style within football.

I personally hold Roma is high regard as a club with their youth, philosophy, principle, etc. What I always disliked about Roma was the incredibly infuriating press associated with them and their more radical fans. This isn't even the typical central Italian temper and impulsiveness. This is simply a group of fans who do not understand the meaning of patience or the concept of time needed to build a team. Which is essentially the cause of Roma's inconsistencies throughout there history. It is generally held within Italia that Roma is by fa the hardest club to manage within the whole of Italia (if not Europe) due to the immense pressure applied by the press and more importantly the fans. Its pure madness! These fans are always about results NOW NOW NOW. It isn't adult.

In the end I would be even more upset than some of you Romanisti if LE is sacked and this isn't just because I admire him as a player and manager, but it will show that Roma (their fans) (or serie A) will remain in their stubborn ways as its a testament to whats been wrong about the club throughout the greater part of the decade.

I trust Sabbatini will convince him and trust that Enrique who is a mental athlete, will overcome the immense pressure and follow through with this project. As for the summer, please provide him with some players for the backline along with a striker who can score (borini too young, Bojan not a proper striker).

As for the debate, I would like to give a special mention to Mike who has debated in this thread absolute wonderful fashion. You have my respect for that.

Very Happy Roma is impossible to dislike and to be honest Enrique had more paying transfers than any other manager within this 7 years or so , even though i still respect Rosella sensi but her comanpy wasnt be able to support Roma as much as she wanted to therefore we often had to rely of Real Madrid rejects and free transfers . The team was one of the most formidable team is the world , ive seen this team played with 4 different formation with the same players .
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu May 03, 2012 5:02 pm

McLewis wrote:
flameas wrote:I wish we could trade enrique for guardiola lol.. that would be a upgrade Very Happy

Actually im tired on experiments.. I would like a decent, balanced coach. But would welcome Spalletti back with open arms. Hes tactics still work, Zenit is winning.

Guardiola inherited a team that was already WC team as well as potential world-beaters and merely molded them to completion. If he had moved here, he'd be in the same boat as LE. He'd have to build his own squad and mentality.

Do you what that takes? T-I-M-E.

Guardiola would not resolve our problems.

----------------------

As for experiments. Who do you think would succeed with us as a decent, balanced coach? Let's play this game again.

Spaletti? He's said it himself, he didn't want to come back to Italy because of the lack of job security and overall IMPATIENCE from the fans of basically every team, Roma especially. Why would a coach that's doing so well want to throw himself back into the boiling pot like that again? Do you know why he left the first time? Because he lost the dressing room AND the fans. Nothing would change with Spaletti. He'd right the ship temporarily until the results begin to go awry again and then you'll be calling for his head too along with the other fickle, nonsensical fans.

Give me another coach to debunk, please. I can do this all day. :coffee:

lol , I've just seen four more name , Bielsa , Prandelli , Allegri, Montella , Pioli

well if Luis Enrique resigns we need to appoint another manager , we cant continue without a manager whether you like it or not
duo to the fact that Don fabio (my fav manager and the best manager in the world according to me) is not appreciated within Roma fans , then my choice in this new names is Bielsa or Montella(one of my all time favourite players and characters within As Roma)

Villas-Boas would disappoint me even more than Enrique .
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 03, 2012 6:09 pm

McLewis Pep had a much harder job than you give him credit for. Barca had finished lower than Sevilla that season. He inherited a team full of jealousy, infighting and a complete lack of discipline and he had the courage to want to sell their 3 stars: Deco, Ronaldinho and Eto'o (the later proved himself to Guardiola over the break and Pep decided he warranted a second chance). He didn't get a world class team, he made them into one.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu May 03, 2012 6:24 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:McLewis Pep had a much harder job than you give him credit for. Barca had finished lower than Sevilla that season. He inherited a team full of jealousy, infighting and a complete lack of discipline and he had the courage to want to sell their 3 stars: Deco, Ronaldinho and Eto'o (the later proved himself to Guardiola over the break and Pep decided he warranted a second chance). He didn't get a world class team, he made them into one.

The problem is the difference in the nature of Serie A , Italian teams aren't afraid to defend with 10 man like what you saw in the game between Barcelona Vs Chelsea and was just one Italian Manager, no manager in the world can be successful without getting a win against lower table teams in Italy as you see Milan lost against Juve , Inter , Napoli but they are still in the title race and at the end of the day no one really cares about the penalties Zlatan scored or how many tapped in goal they had
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu May 03, 2012 8:11 pm

Maybe just me, but I think AVB is a good choice.

Heres why.

Indeed, nobody inside the club seem to want LE gone. But the fans do and it is what it is, he is gone.

However, at least with AVB you dont have to do a 180 stylistically and there is a legit chance you can continue with a similar philosophy and methods.

Of course, there will be some adjustment period no doubt, but for me, I dont think your going to find many other coaches (if any) with a similar philosophy and thoughts on football.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu May 03, 2012 8:45 pm

Lazzari, Press Officer Valencia: "Someone has come before us on Villas-Boas"

I know that the company has contacted Villas-Boas, and that the deal did not go forward because the technician's entourage had something else in his hands . " These are the words of Ricardo Lazzari , press officer of Valencia, speaking on Sports Network talking about the contact that the Spanish company would try to make sure the Portuguese coach next season. "I can not say if Villas-Boas has already contacts with Rome or with other companies, but for sure someone has preceded the Valencia
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu May 03, 2012 11:08 pm

Patrick Bateman wrote:Lazzari, Press Officer Valencia: "Someone has come before us on Villas-Boas"

I know that the company has contacted Villas-Boas, and that the deal did not go forward because the technician's entourage had something else in his hands . " These are the words of Ricardo Lazzari , press officer of Valencia, speaking on Sports Network talking about the contact that the Spanish company would try to make sure the Portuguese coach next season. "I can not say if Villas-Boas has already contacts with Rome or with other companies, but for sure someone has preceded the Valencia

may be its Inter :lol!:
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Fri May 04, 2012 12:24 am

Andre Villas-Boas Waiting To Hear From Inter Milan, AS Roma

It has been revealed that Andre Villas-Boas’ next job is likely to be in Italy.

Mediaset reported that the former Chelsea boss has attracted the interest of both Inter Milan and AS Roma as he prepares to step back into coaching for next season.

Villas-Boas representatives are pushing Inter GM Marco Branca to open talks, though the Nerazzurri want to give Andrea Stramaccioni to the end of the season to prove himself. If Inter finish in third place, the job is his
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri May 04, 2012 1:19 am

Arquitecto wrote:

Thanks man, appreciate it. +1 to your post as well.

For the point made on the defensive assistant coach, ideally that would be a great solution. But I think that's something that, if it was going to be done, had to be done last season. But remember that Enrique's only conditions when joining us was that he would get to bring his staff. The only member he kept from the former staff was Andreazzoli, an offensive coach from the Spalletti era, brought back to help Montella.

And even then, its not an easy thing to pull off. Combining an offensive manager with a defensive coach doesn't guarantee your team getting the best of both worlds. It has to be one ideology, which is why handing Enrique a defensive-minded coach could easily cause confusion within the squad. I think De La Pena would have helped Enrique out a lot; he has experience in Serie A but is still on board with Enrique's ideas.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Fri May 04, 2012 2:52 am

I agree what Dani said. If LE does go I guess AVB would be at least stylistically similar. If you buy more he'll improve it, but he'll do nothing LE couldnt do in my opinion.

Great posts by Arq and Mclewis. It's all about time. I agree that Guardiola did a phenomenal job with us, but there's no doubt LE had a much, much more difficult task. The crux of the matter is the squad. Say what you will about him getting a bigger kitty than previous managers, he had an inferior squad to all of them anyway. Like Arq said, imbalanced, inexperienced and a horrid defence. I also agree that given all that his season was definitely not a failure, he did pretty well with them.

Just need to continue to improve the squad. The most difficult thing is gutting a team of its core and changing all the players. This will take time and patience.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Sat May 05, 2012 3:30 am

http://www.gazzettagiallorossa.it/2012/05/clamoroso-capello-alla-roma-per-gestire-il-calciomercato/ cheers
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun May 06, 2012 2:01 am

Great,we won't even be playing in the Europa league next season after drawing with Catania last night.Sorry but with the money we've invested in this squad I expected at least a bloody Europa league spot this season,especially when you consider how shite the rest of the bigger boys have been.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun May 06, 2012 2:03 am

EL would've done us no favors honestly.

We're going to lose a bit of money for not making Europe, but this is ultimately what I wanted. Now we can focus on solely our domestic affairs next season.

We weren't ready for Europe anyway.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun May 06, 2012 2:12 am

McLewis wrote:EL would've done us no favors honestly.

We're going to lose a bit of money for not making Europe, but this is ultimately what I wanted. Now we can focus on solely our domestic affairs next season.

It would have benefited us a lot imo not financially,but more games to help us get used to mastering this style of play way and in Europe to.What a shame..

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Sun May 06, 2012 2:16 am

Patrick Bateman wrote:

It would have benefited us a lot imo not financially,but more games to help us get used to mastering this style of play way and in Europe to.What a shame..

Not really El only brings injured and fatigue players , i never considered that as a season objective
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun May 06, 2012 5:27 am

Sorano Totti wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote:

Not really El only brings injured and fatigue players , i never considered that as a season objective

Well at least it gives you something to look forward to in Mid-week.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Sun May 06, 2012 6:58 am

Patrick Bateman wrote:
Sorano Totti wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote:

Well at least it gives you something to look forward to in Mid-week.

El Requires more depth in the squad , so the manager can rotate the players in order to maintain same quality of play(that we have so much of that :vagi: ) , His hands are tight right now and i want at least 5 or 6 players for now to add the current squad and the goal should be CL spot + COI . I know what do you mean by mid-week but trust me we wouldn't last long in there , we prematurely had to hit the exit door
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun May 06, 2012 4:50 pm

Patrick Bateman wrote:

Agreed. I'm pretty much gunna repeat everything I said at this point last year. Financially, it doesn't offer much, true. But, it gives some other players more playing time, more chances of showing what they're capable of, more chances of actually playing in this system because we need as much practice as possible.

I think it would be a good chance to use some of our younger players, from guys like Lamela to guys like Caprari, Viviani, etc. They'll get the chance to play against some good opponents and prove that they're ready to make a permanent jump to the first team. Also, competitions like this could help in building that winning mentality around the players, it'll make them get used to playing under different circumstances than your typical Sunday league match. In the end, we're gunna want to make it to Champions League for the 2013-2014 season. However, to end up in that competition after two seasons of having no European competition is going to be a huge jump, especially for the players that are not used to such pressure and to such a packed schedule. Europa League next season would only help in preparing us for the future. At least that's my opinion.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun May 06, 2012 7:17 pm

Europa League isn't going anywhere though.

It'll still be there when we finally become ready for it. I see no rush here honestly. Better to develop from the bottom up which starts with domestic form and then add stuff like the EL incrementally until we're finally ready to compete deeply into the CL. Even with us missing out next season, we'd still be on track for the 5-year plan.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Sun May 06, 2012 9:53 pm

McLewis wrote:Europa League isn't going anywhere though.

It'll still be there when we finally become ready for it. I see no rush here honestly. Better to develop from the bottom up which starts with domestic form and then add stuff like the EL incrementally until we're finally ready to compete deeply into the CL. Even with us missing out next season, we'd still be on track for the 5-year plan.

I agree with you 100% spot on
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3