dostoevsky
Die Borussen
The Verminator
izzy
rwo power
BAYERN_MUNICH
12 posters

Go down

Nerlinger: "We don't need any player from Madrid" Empty Nerlinger: "We don't need any player from Madrid"

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:35 am

"I have honestly to say that if I go through the positions,I can see us set up really well. The quality of the starting eleven is completely equivalent to Madrid. We do not need a Real player, we are on the same level. And then the day's form plays an important role."

Nerlinger: "We don't need any player from Madrid" 3732984984

But he didn't talk about the bench players. We would need some of them as backups, Kaka and Sahin on the bench <3

BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Nerlinger: "We don't need any player from Madrid" Empty Re: Nerlinger: "We don't need any player from Madrid"

Post by rwo power Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:39 am

Bayern's first team is pretty good. It has always been the bench that posed the problems.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Nerlinger: "We don't need any player from Madrid" Empty Re: Nerlinger: "We don't need any player from Madrid"

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:46 am

rwo power wrote:Bayern's first team is pretty good. It has always been the bench that posed the problems.

I agree,but that's just since ~2 years.

I remember,when we played wtih our first eleven against Barca 3 years ago, with LELL, ODDO,ALTINTOP,DEMICHELIS,BRENO and LUCA TONI , all in the best eleven , most of them wouldn't even sit on the bench today :facepalm:

And then our backups, Otll :facepalm: , Sosa :facepalm: , Tim Borowski :facepalm:

We made a HUGE step up with our squad.

But our attack was nice though, Podolski,Klose,Müller,Toni
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:51 am

They don't need anyone and yet they can't even beat Dortmund for the title ffs

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:54 am

Crimson wrote:They don't need anyone and yet they can't even beat Dortmund for the title ffs
That's because the BL is more competitive than most other leagues. Just you wait, next season Dortmund will manage to excel in the CL, too. They just needed some learning experience.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:03 am

rwo power wrote:
Crimson wrote:They don't need anyone and yet they can't even beat Dortmund for the title ffs
That's because the BL is more competitive than most other leagues. Just you wait, next season Dortmund will manage to excel in the CL, too. They just needed some learning experience.

Dortmund couldn't even make a dent in the Europa, let alone there shambles of a performance in the UCL.

More competitive? I'm not sure on that one, just seems Bayern can't maintain any sort of decent performance over a season.

Don't get me wrong when Bayern are on fire they are amazing as the scorelines suggest, but they are more up and down that a yo-yo.

As far as I am concerned Serie A/EPL/LigaBBVA all have better quality teams as a whole and with the squad Bayern has I have no idea how they are not winning the title every year.....

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:17 am

I'm expecting Bayern to rip us to shreds.

Didn't do so in the first leg, so they better in the 2nd.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:20 am

@Crimson

Well, you only need to see what Schalke did in the CL last season - and that was when they had a dismal run in the BL (they were at 15th place in the BL when they kicked out Inter). In the BL even the teams at the end of the table can easily beat top teams on their day, especially because they always believe in their chance that they can beat everybody if they just pull together and give 110%.

The interesting thing is that for most lower table teams it is a matter of honour to at least try and beat the top teams, so they often over achieve against these, which is why the top teams often drop points against "minnows". There is this saying: "We have no chance, so let's take it!"

Borussia Mönchengladbach was but relegated last year - they only went through with a last ditch goal in the second relegation play-off match against the 3rd of the 2nd BL. This season they are 4th in the BL and will be in the CL next season.

So the competitiveness in the BL is really high when compared with the other leagues where it is more likely for the bottom teams of the table to just fold when the top teams meet them.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:18 am

Nerlinger: "We don't need any player from Madrid"

Nerlinger: "We don't need any player from Madrid" Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:31 am

bayern is incostistent the whole league is incosistent but it is cause this league is all out attack even in the last game bremen bayern they were not willing to defend at all the ball was from one post to the other

coaches dont know how the hell to approach their games
only klopp seems to know what his doing

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:43 am

There literally isn't a team in the world who couldn't use some of Madrid's squad in their first team, even Barcelona given that Messi aside, their front line has gone AWOL. It doesn't change the fact that a team is probably better off in most cases with a modest player in some positions to facilitate the game plan, however given that he's talking on paper, he should worry about Madrid being equivalent when they're Klopp's whipping boys, despite the fact that according to Bayern the squad consists of a bunch of scrubs.

It doesn't change the fact that Bayern have an incredible first team, however every side has their holes. Before a Champions League semi-final however, I think we can all excuse some chest beating.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:05 am

I know this is on paper, but who would they really want out of the Real first XI for their first XI?

I actually agree with Nerlinger on this. Madrids bench is ridiculously better than Bayerns, but the first team?

Even at the back four, I prefer Alaba over either of Marcelo and Coentrao in current form, Lahm is unquestionable, Badstuber and Boateng, okay, they lack experience, but talent-wise... Maybe switch Ramos for Boateng, but TBH I doubt it'd change much.

Schweinsteiger is easily the best midfielder out of both teams, I think Özil is superior to Kroos, but Kroos fits Bayerns game plan better, since they often try to play a slow build-up, I wouldn't trade Gomez for anyone, I think on current form... I can't even decide between CR7 and Ribéry, and Robben certainly edges Dive Maria, though he had some shitty games in the past couple of weeks, so wobbly on the Robben issue, if Ronaldo could play there properly, I'd kick Robben out.

And Gustavo v Khedira? Meh, I can't be assed to lean either way. I'd prefer Khedira because he's a German international, but both do their job well.

So yeah, I agree with Nerlinger.

I'd say one thing though: Nerlinger would've said the same thing if he was still playing with Ottl, Lell and Borowski. He isn't offering up proper analysis, he's just backing his own players, Bayern always talk big before big matches.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:20 am

In terms of "right here, right now" I'd personally prefer Epep and Ramos in the centre and Marcelo is my favourite leftback of the trio, however an argument could be made that if Lahm is being instructed to attack that you'd prefer someone happier to stay back.

It depends if his idea if a paper war requires chemistry between the individual elements, however either way I don't see how you could exclude Ronaldo on paper. Most of the decisions a coin tosses depending on your preference, however Bayern have the strength to think that most of their team would hold its ground. They're too strong teams with their differences, it's pretty much what you'd expect. Better for Madrid doesn't mean better for Bayern, however if I were personally declaring this to the media I'd rather my claim be a bit more obvious.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:31 am

Well if I was Madrid I wouldn't take any of Bayern either, except Schweinsteiger and Lahm.

They're ridiculously close on paper, Nerlinger is just vomitting some banter into the next-best microphone, all Bayern bosses do that.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:35 am

Actually, why should either Real or Madrid want to take in players from the respective outher side when their line-up works nicely as-is? After all, atm the teams do work nicely as teams, so integrating some other player might just be disruptive, no matter whether he is better on paper. As for CRonaldo - I think Bayern have enough divas with Robben and Ribéry - a third one would make the team explode Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:09 am

Yeah, anyone who wouldnt take Ronaldo over the Glass Man shouldnt be picking teams Laughing
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:28 am

The need to beef up their Defence if they want to even stand a chance against Madrid.

Albiol would so get into their first team. Laughing
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:41 am

Bayern brass has a history of making dumbass comments like this. Nothing new here.

See you next Tuesday.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:59 am

Well no one really wants a player until they are actually on the team.

"Koan Neuer" XD

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:52 am

S32TABLANCA wrote:Yeah, anyone who wouldnt take Ronaldo over the Glass Man shouldnt be picking teams Laughing

I'd prefer CR7 to Robben, for sure, I just don't know if Ronaldo is any good on the right.

Lord Hispano wrote:The need to beef up their Defence if they want to even stand a chance against Madrid.

Albiol would so get into their first team. Laughing

Displacing who? The best fullback in the world, or Alaba who is having an unbelievably brilliant season?

justdoit_ wrote:Bayern brass has a history of making dumbass comments like this. Nothing new here.

See you next Tuesday.

This. Absolutely this. These comments are incredibly tame and respectful considering they're coming from a Bayern head figure. Hoeneß and Rumenigge would come out and say that they'd rather have Ottl back than get CR7, if they felt like it. They're not exactly objective.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:53 am

Zealous wrote:Well no one really wants a player until they are actually on the team.

"Koan Neuer" XD

:bow:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:10 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
S32TABLANCA wrote:Yeah, anyone who wouldnt take Ronaldo over the Glass Man shouldnt be picking teams Laughing

I'd prefer CR7 to Robben, for sure, I just don't know if Ronaldo is any good on the right.

At Man Utd and in his first season at Madrid, he predominantly played on the right.

And that comment about not picking teams wasnt actually directed at you, but at the original comment, so dont feel offended. Razz
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:13 pm

I know I know you meant Nerlinger, I just thought back to my comment where I only talked about Ribery v CR7, not about Robben...
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:23 pm

I would pick Kaka, Higuain, Coentrao and Sahin.

of course as bench players......
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down