Abramovich
S
The Franchise
fatman123
Mr Nick09
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you rate Ivanovic? Empty Do you rate Ivanovic?

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:48 pm

just curious, because we got solid link to him...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Do you rate Ivanovic? Empty Re: Do you rate Ivanovic?

Post by fatman123 Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:51 pm

very highly, solid at the back, can put the ball into the box and has a knack for scoring goals
can play at RB and CB too atlthough imo RB is his best postion, something AVB completly ignored
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:03 pm

Not as highly as I used to.

He is incredibly strong, but he is way more centerback than rightback.

He is scared of coming tight on opponants and leaves them time on the ball. Whenever he does get tight, he is too physical and fouls.

He would be a very good centerback, but not rightback.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:51 pm

I have to agree with fatman here, he always impressed me a lot more on the right, although he can be a very good CB as well.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:56 pm

The Franchise wrote:Not as highly as I used to.

He is scared of coming tight on opponants and leaves them time on the ball. Whenever he does get tight, he is too physical and fouls.

i can see where youre coming from, he can sometimes not get close enough to his man and if they've got a bit of pace hes beatable from that postion, although it does sound like your describing him under AVB wher ehe was really shaky, under carlo he was consistantly solid and hes been one of our best since RDM took over, try watch a few more of our games before the end of the season (just dont watch the ones vs barca, messi and co will flog him)

having said that ove always been a bit bias towards the highly physical and rough defenders, but imo hes class
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:59 pm

fatman123 wrote:

i can see where youre coming from, he can sometimes not get close enough to his man and if they've got a bit of pace hes beatable from that postion, although it does sound like your describing him under AVB wher ehe was really shaky, under carlo he was consistantly solid and hes been one of our best since RDM took over, try watch a few more of our games before the end of the season (just dont watch the ones vs barca, messi and co will flog him)

having said that ove always been a bit bias towards the highly physical and rough defenders, but imo hes class

lol that's a worrying bit, la liga wingers could abuse him, and if he cant play against barca then there is no point lol. I am very curious how he will handle it.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:04 pm

I was talking this season, not just AVB.

Against Benfica for example when he played rightback, he allowed Gaitan so much time to collect the ball deep and run at him/come inside.

For me, he is too crude to play rightback consistently.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Refer to the Napoli game in the first leg :coffee:

Ivanovic is not Madrid material.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:11 pm

He is a beast, so Madrid can gtfo.

He has all attributes to be an awesome CB yet his performances there have been so so, at RB looked better, but then again boss and Paulo alternatives.

Offensively he ain't the best but defensively especially having him at RB gives so much more security, although he does have the lapse ever so often. Let's not forget his aerial ability is pretty damn beasty too, him or Ram for player of season so far :bow:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:12 pm

Surag wrote:Refer to the Napoli game in the first leg :coffee:

Ivanovic is not Madrid material.

He did pretty good in the second leg tho

@Franchise, it's true that he let Gaitan time on the ball but didnt he handled him most of the time as well?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:15 pm

He did alright when Gaitan ran at him, but the time and space he allowed let Gaitan come center and overload in between the lines. That allowed Aimar time and he got off alot of shots.

Against the best of the best, it probably would of been far more damaging results wise.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:15 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
fatman123 wrote:

lol that's a worrying bit, la liga wingers could abuse him, and if he cant play against barca then there is no point lol. I am very curious how he will handle it.
tbh i dont think hed the ebst signing for any spanish side, hes not built for that style of football, i dont think hes got the pace for it really, hes built like the typical english player, big, tall, rough, strong and slow although generally speaking he has better technique then an English fullback
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:18 pm

The whole Napoli team were poor in the 2nd leg.

Even in the Benfica game he was constantly getting raped by Gaitan..He was so easily getting past him especially in the first leg.Too bad his final ball wasnt that good.His doesnt have good recovery speed.

Now there are quite a few quick tricky wingers like Gaitan in La Liga and i would assume if RM bought him it would be for RB.I dont think he is the best solution imo.not your ideal La Liga RB.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Madrid signing another thug :I'munoriginal:

Seriously tho he reminds me of a extremely rich mans Simpson when defending uses pace and strength to get the better of opponents but consistently back offs players and lets them basically run at him and isnt that great 1 v 1.

Although unlike Simpson he isnt a lliability in possession and can get forward to decent effect and not bring attacks to a stand still.

I personally think his lack of technique and maybe brain would be exploited in La Liga.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Madrid signing another thug :I'munoriginal:

Seriously tho he reminds me of a extremely rich mans Simpson when defending uses pace and strength to get the better of opponents but consistently back offs players and lets them basically run at him and isnt that great 1 v 1.

Although unlike Simpson he isnt a lliability in possession and can get forward to decent effect and not bring attacks to a stand still.

I personally think his lack of technique and maybe brain would be exploited in La Liga.

Lol yeah he is a thug, maybe why mourinho wants him ...

getting mixed reactions here, some say he is fast, some say he is slow...

defense is played in a very different way in Spain, were you often find yourself in space in 1v1 vs someone, specially for us since we play so attacking. I can imagine that Mourinho would want him to provide better protection at the back while Marcelo launches forward, in that regard he would fit tactically.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:50 pm

I love Ivanovic and he is perfect for the EPL. He can play multiple positions at the back and can get forward but is still big and rugged.

Plus, he is very skilled for his position and build and you see that with how he gets forward and scores a good amount of goals and there not typical defender goals like heading in a cross but a lot of them are actually class goals.

With that being said I would be very weary about bringing him into La Liga. It's just such a different beast and you saw how bad Chelsea's defense was when AVB tried to have them press up high. I can't say that was because of Ivanovic but he wasn't excelling at it either. Plus he can be a little slow footed for the attackers in La Liga, kind of like Maxwell was for us.

I do love him as a player though and in the end I could see him proving me wrong but it's a risk. Plus IMO Chelsea would have to be mad to sell him. HE gives them so much flexibility at the back and a real blue collar approach too, he is a perfect Chelsea player.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:51 pm

Well Nick maybe his strength slows down opponents to throw off people making people think hes fast( i know i said he is fast but its quite conceivable i have been decieved)
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:53 pm

Fast he is not

Nick, I ask, why would you sign him when you have Arbeloa? The point of 2 defence minded rightbacks I dont understand.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:54 pm

tbf Dani he probably would have got there if the other Chelsea player didnt get in his way......

Plus Ryo is about as quick as Walcott lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:57 pm

Without a commanding CB next to him (Such as Terry), Ivanovic isn't good enough as a CB.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:59 pm

Nah, Ryo had him easy. Ivan would of had to have fouled im quite sure, his only hope was a slide and he wouldnt of got any of the ball.

And its not that Ryo left him, obviously Ryo has jets in his boots. But the gap appeared pretty quick between them.

He isnt slow, but for a rightback in La Liga...his footspeed might be exposed.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:02 pm

he would be great at offensive set pieces though .
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:03 pm

tbf ,ryo is one of the fastest players in pl, a lot of players would struggle to match him for pace
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:04 pm

@Franchise, The only logical explanation is that he would act more like a 3rd CB, bit like Abidal, while Marcelo or Coentrao roam forward. It's true that we have Arbeloa already, but he himself has been on a declining form this season.

Not the player i would have signed, but im merely reporting the story.

I dont think he is slow, but his start up speed is nothing impressive, which is where he can get beaten. Arbeloa himself isnt the slow, but he needs a couple of meters to reach full speed, but at least he close down his attackers (usually).
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:07 pm

So, would that mean selling Arbeloa..because Arbeloa on the left for example and Ivan on the right would be horrific.

And there wouldnt a situation to use Arbeloa if you have Ivan.

And yes, getting dusted by Ryo isnt shameful at all. But the difference in acceleration in the 1 v 1 tells you something. He has to get physical like Mole said to stop people and thats less allowed in La Liga than maybe anywhere else.

I can imagine middle level flank players like Griezman, Perroti, Tello giving him enough problems.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next