should allegri be sacked if he fails to deliver the league????

+17
Rossoneri Ninja
dostoevsky
red&blacklegion
Dante
The_ItalianFool
Fadi
pUsHa
Forza
baresi
BiasedMilanFan3
Ganso
Tifoso Romanista
Milan31
Cruijf
Il Diavolo
arabprince
shamr9pato
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

do u believe allegri should be sacked if he fails to deliver the league??

should allegri be sacked if he fails to deliver the league???? Vote_lcap19%should allegri be sacked if he fails to deliver the league???? Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 6 ]
should allegri be sacked if he fails to deliver the league???? Vote_lcap44%should allegri be sacked if he fails to deliver the league???? Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 14 ]
should allegri be sacked if he fails to deliver the league???? Vote_lcap31%should allegri be sacked if he fails to deliver the league???? Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 10 ]
should allegri be sacked if he fails to deliver the league???? Vote_lcap6%should allegri be sacked if he fails to deliver the league???? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 32

should allegri be sacked if he fails to deliver the league???? Empty should allegri be sacked if he fails to deliver the league????

Post by shamr9pato Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:23 pm

there seems to be doubts over his future even if the majority is reported by lol.com i think he deserves atleast one more season,, he has done so much for the team, delivered the league on his first season, managed to guide us past the round of 16 for the first time since 07 and even though v crashed out in the CL we still went out with our heads held up high.. i believe no
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

should allegri be sacked if he fails to deliver the league???? Empty Re: should allegri be sacked if he fails to deliver the league????

Post by arabprince Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:42 pm

Definitely not. We accomplished our goal for the CL, but that might cost us the league. Freak injuries to Cassano, Gattuso, and even Pato, crippled us this season and yet we are still in the running for the league. I think he did an excellent job this year and definitely shouldn't be fired.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

should allegri be sacked if he fails to deliver the league???? Empty Re: should allegri be sacked if he fails to deliver the league????

Post by Il Diavolo Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:51 pm

Winning a major trophy in your first year in charge with a team mostly consisting of former free-agents and players over 30 is not an easy feat, yet Allegri achieved it!

This season, with almost half of our squad on the Injury Table, Allegri managed to get us into the last 8 of the Champions League, and there we lost to none other than the mighty Barcelona! Our chances of defending the Serie A title are also still pretty decent!

So sacking Allegri for not winning the Serie A this season would be a very STUPID decision! And since Galliani is know for the opposite, I'm pretty sure Allegri will be on our bench come next season!

PS: What is the difference between the options "yes" and "should be sacked immediately"? scratch
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:54 pm

no. while i get pissed that he has made some mistakes, with utilizing players, and some of his tactics. but main thing is that, allegri is really badly deprived from injuries, and yet under his command our men has able to stay in scudetto hunt, CL is disappointing but we were defeated by current best in the world barca side.

im pretty content atm so lets see how he does next season and lets hope our team doesnt suffer too much with injuries.

if allegri had full squad available and not deliver the result then he deserve a sack but atm he is ok... he hasnt done that good job i had expected of him but he hasnt done bad either.

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:58 pm

ildiavoliforeva wrote:Winning a major trophy in your first year in charge with a team mostly consisting of former free-agents and players over 30 is not an easy feat, yet Allegri achieved it!

This season, with almost half of our squad on the Injury Table, Allegri managed to get us into the last 8 of the Champions League, and there we lost to none other than the mighty Barcelona! Our chances of defending the Serie A title are also still pretty decent!

So sacking Allegri for not winning the Serie A this season would be a very STUPID decision! And since Galliani is know for the opposite, I'm pretty sure Allegri will be on our bench come next season!

PS: What is the difference between the options "yes" and "should be sacked immediately"? scratch

yes for sacking after the season.
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:00 pm

Hate to be the first to mention yes, but here it is:

It shouldn't be, If Allegri doesn't get us a Scudetto he's sacked.

However, at this point, even with Juve ahead of us, the scudetto is basically ours. No, that's not arrogance, take a look at the fixture list.

So if we do manage to not get it and it's Allegri's fault, then sacking him would be a pretty good option.

Please, no one get me wrong, I appreciate what Allegri's done, and I understand our team has been dealt several crippling blows, but if Allegri keeps making mistakes that cost us games, sorry, but that's the inconvenient truth.

P.S: I'm fairly certain at least one person's gonna misunderstand, so please quote me if you disagree.

EDIT: I've actually been thinking, and I realized there aren't many better coaches out there. Regardless of the outcome of our season, we should keep Allegri IMO.

Last edited by ACMRox on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:23 am

Absolutely NOT! If he gets sacked I will be very disappointed and it would be a very bad move by Milan. First season he gets us the Scudetto and year after we are competing for it again and we reached our CL goal with a crippled team. I admire this coach and I hope he will be with us for awhile.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:01 am

depending on his replacement , i know i probably be seen as a troll here but for ex if i were a Milan fan i would like capello instead of Allegri even though Allegri is not bad at all.
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:02 am

and get who?benitez?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:29 am

Ganso wrote:and get who?benitez?

Gasperini eco smile
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:59 am

Never been a fan till recently, I think he won't be sacked and he doesn't deserve to be sacked, we are complaining about his choices but what better choices does he have?

Tactically the guy is sound, his "lack" of experience and not being labeled as a "big" coach are hunting him down, him waning to prove himself to the board and fans has cost us a lot, not resting major players against Juve in the coppa, not resting players against Roma, I am sure he wasn't aiming for the treble, he just wanted to win something in his second year as well.

I am sure if he was given the green light by Galliani to rest players ahead of Barca he would have done so, but I clearly remember Gallianis' interview ahead of Barca first leg and he stated that Milan will field the best available line up cause this how we run, which makes me wonder if he was watching Milan when we won the CL in 2003 and 2007.

I enjoy this guys football I like the way we defend and attack, please lets remember that the core of this team is the one that we were complaining in 2008 that they are old.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:02 am

Mr. Cheerful does make some obvious mistakes, but that is nowhere near enough to sack him considering...

1. Not many other viable alternatives. Tassotti would probably be the best replacement IMO.

2. We won the league last year for the 1st time in ages.

3. We have definitely improved this season under Allegri.

4. Our tactical set-up is world-class and maximises the team's strengths so that we can be competitive against the best teams.

5. We have had relatively little investment compared to our rivals and yet we are well in contention for the Serie A title.

6. Stability is undervalued. Stable clubs are more likely to succeed with less talented squads than their competitors because of good chemistry. Look at the stability provided by Arsene Wenger or Alex Ferguson. Now, look at what instability has done at Inter, Liverpool, etc.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:43 pm

No.
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:06 pm

Ganso wrote:and get who?benitez?

exactly that!, the only quality coach available around is villas boas and i don't think berlu and baldie would hire him...

as much as i loath allegri and his one dimensional tactics and lack of plan B when things do not work i don't think he should get sacked...

he's made plenty and plenty of mistakes this season but despite all that we have been competitive on all fronts even if it was for a while. injuries have been a major problem for us this season and they have to be taken into consideration before making any decisions at the end of the campaign..

we have improved from last season, although not by much but still, i believe that with the right signings we can become even stronger, at this stage stability is very important, we don't want to end up like inter or roma....
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Absolutely not!!

He has already won something in his first year at a major club, and he has been plagued with injuries this season and is still contending for first.

On top of that, had AC not been drawn against the best team in the world in the UCL, you guys would probably have progressed further in the tournament.

Clubs need to stop this habit of firing coaches so quickly (not yours, just in general as that is a common trend). Can't expect to win every season hands down...
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:30 pm

I am not quite sure if by sacking Max would be the best choice, but if we lose the title to Juventus and indeed he's sacked by the end of the season , there will be a few good reasons behind it.

I am , perhaps, one of the very fiew Milanisti in here that were a fan of Allegri's even before he joined Milan and all i can say is , he took us on another level compared to what we were since Carletto left . He possesses a certain way of coaching the team which obviously works with effect and the players respect him . The management is happy , or was happy so far(..) and his plans and ideas have given us a reason to dream once again.

Having said that , he's a part of our injury problem and i feel i must expose him for that. I am all in about having a winning & competitive mentality against any team we face , but he has used players in such an excesive way that eventually got to hurt us . Add to that the accidents with Gattuso and Cassano(or Flamini) and we can't but accept he didn't help things either by overplaying certain players week in week out.

It may sound a bit strange coming from me , i repeat i've always supported him even in the most difficult of times , but i think he should be sacked if we lose the title. I won't mind at all if he stays , in fact i would be happy about it , but in all fairness , i wouldn't complain. People forget quickly and the same can be said about me obviously :coffee: , but how we have fared in big games of the season ?

Apart from that game against Arsenal and the Barcelona games(despite the 2 loses) , we have failed to convince against big teams . If someone is going to bring up the tactics used against Barcelona , it was nothing new and most importantly , it was the players who deserve the praise 90%. It's not like he had many options against Barcelona or we saw anything new or extraordinary...it was individual brilliance and character in defence that made us keep fighting , not Max's masterplan (as of the main reason, because the tactics & everything were correct..).

You could argue about the 2 Roma games and rightly so , but Roma are in a clear state of transition and despite being a great team with ferocious football at times , their instability and lack of clear ideas do cost them in general , more than the praise they deserve for their football .
Back to Milan though . Even with Arsenal , we got ridiculed at the Emirates because he experimented with the team plus he implemented a wrong mentality to the team, though Arsenal's magnifiscent performance would still be enough .

Another worrying fact is that , teams which haven't had a good season to say so far , have taken points from us. Fiorentina , Inter , Bologna , Udinese , Novara.. Add to that the slip ups against Bate and Plzen in the CL and it gets somewhat worse.

In conclusion, i ve intentionatly not added the good aspects or the good results because we all know about them and we all understand them. If we lose the title , he leaves or stays i wouldn't mind . But what's certain is that he had the depth to counter for injuries , he had the time to rest players instead of over using them and he had freedom to try new things and he didn't . As a result , we have seen some great football from Milan , great defence in games , 2 eliminations , 1 new talent this season and a good place in the standings ,so far.

Overall , i like him as a coach , wins the title or not . But i feel it would be fair enough if that's what will happen, because i am a fan of Milan first. We can't blame the team , because these players have shown what they can do , in any stadium. Nor the management , because they ve given Max everything to achieve success .

To add something last , there are always better coaches outhere , so let's just not make this the end of the world . We indeed have a great coach already , nevertheless, he either stays or leaves we will have a great coach next season too.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:35 pm

Yes,just because he let Pirlo go and win the scudetto for Juve.
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:50 pm

At times like these, the most devastating decision one can make is to derail a project by removing a key facet. Stability breeds confidence and I don't believe I am exaggerating when I say that sacking Allegri will open a door that no one wants touched and it's the portal that will take Thiago Silva to Catalonia.

He did all he could to make us competitive against the best team in the world and has dealt with an injury ravaged squad who have missed a combined total of games ten times that of Juventus' toll. This is not at all to take anything away from our opponents, simply to defend a coach who doesn't deserve the criticism he gets.

Far better teams, tacticians and motivators have lost leagues by greater margins than this. Just look at the other major leagues in Europe. This project needs stability, it needs it's leader and we need a transfer window where we actually improve the squad.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:54 pm

dostoevsky wrote:At times like these, the most devastating decision one can make is to derail a project by removing a key facet. Stability breeds confidence and I don't believe I am exaggerating when I say that sacking Allegri will open a door that no one wants touched and it's the portal that will take Thiago Silva to Catalonia.

He did all he could to make us competitive against the best team in the world and has dealt with an injury ravaged squad who have missed a combined total of games ten times that of Juventus' toll. This is not at all to take anything away from our opponents, simply to defend a coach who doesn't deserve the criticism he gets.

Far better teams, tacticians and motivators have lost leagues by greater margins than this. Just look at the other major leagues in Europe. This project needs stability, it needs it's leader and we need a transfer window where we actually improve the squad.

i do not want allegri to be sacked but not because he's awsome or great coach, it's exactly as you put it, it will bring chaos and instability to the team and no one wants that to happen...

i hate allegri and his tactics and i think he's a decent coach at best but i simply don't any other worthy replacements out there at the moment in case he gets sacked!. that's why i think allegri should not be sacked, we don't want to end up like inter swapping coached every couple of monthes, that will be catastrphic and painful to watch...

speaking of allegri, he messed up big time this season, his 3dmf bullcrap, lack of ideas and plan B, oveedependance on ibra, questiionable player selections, terrible player rotation and not giving our star players enough rest(silva, ibra, pato,etc..), he really messed up big time and people who are defending him really should question their logic and football knowledge before before rushing to his rescue..

i'm not mad because we're on the verge of finishing our season trophyless, i predicted that since the begeninng of the season, i'm just because we were owned by a juve side that is greatly inferior to us, atleast on paper and conte really has managed to make allegri look terrible, kicking us out of coppa italia and now on their way to clinch the scudetto from us, it's that what pains me the most...

Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:30 pm

I agree, he doesn't deserve to be sacked, but that doesn't mean that I won't be very, very disappointed.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:03 pm

he doesnt deserve the sack but playing with 3DMs is just making things so predictable.

aquilani wasnt like coming back from injury. he should have started. atleast ahead of seedorf, or emanuelson and aquilani should have started instead of seedorf and muntari.

we desperately needed to spread ball and pass well in final third to finish. it was just horrendous.

3 DM tactics is just getting pretty annoying atm.

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:37 am

I think Billy Costacurta will take over in case Berlu goes crazy and sacks Allegri.
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:39 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if we seen him at the reigns again next season. That being said i believe there are certain things that need to be addressed at earnest.

1. Inflexibility

How many consecutive games have we played the same formation? During the season there were times when playing the 4-3-1-2 was just not feasible. Most of these situations occurs when key players are missing that form vital components to the success of the formation. We can all agree that K.P at TQ , Zlatan at CF/SS, MvB at DM, and T.S at CB is the backbone of our 4-3-1-2 and without three of this four ( or even two ) present the effectiveness of the 4-3-1-2 decreases dramatically.

If you didn't know already, the team is setup to be direct as possible, which usually means breaking down the opponents center, the advantage of such an approach means we take the shortest route to goal and get more value for the amount of possession we get. Now the problem with playing the way we do is that our channel of attack becomes quite obvious to the opponent and naturally the only way to overcome such a disadvantage is to have better quality than our opponents in key areas of the pitch.

Such key areas are the center of our defense, anchor of our midfield , TQ and our CF. During the course of the season K.P has been in and out of the squad due to injury, which has resulted in Urby playing most of our league games, also the anchor role in midfield has been taken by either Ambro or MvB both of whom are atm in time physically incapable of playing this role for the entirety of a season consistently. The thing i can't blame Allegri for is that he nor anyone could have predicted the injury crisis, however that does not absolve him. Despite missing key players in key areas of the pitch he refused to change the formation or even alter it slightly.

His desperation/stubbornness ( don't know which ) reached the point where he converted a WB/LB/LW into a TQ, a role said player did not even remotely resemble the player who he was filling in for with regards to style, physique, ability , experience and most the important trait of all ...confidence.

The logical and more practical method was surely to change the formation , playing 4-3-1-2 is more or less banking on the TQ to perform. Allegri finding himself in a situation where he has no TQ or only failed ones ( aka Robinho/Seedorf ) then proceeds to continue playing 4-3-1-2 was and is the slow death of our season.

Last season he did the complete opposite:

* He learned that the midfield trio seedorf, pirlo , gattuso was unbalanced and none had the stamina or speed of movement to compete at the highest lvl >>> proceeded to change this by restructuring the midfield and remove the DLP role entirely from our play

* He learned that 4-3-3 was rubbish and we are much better of with a 4 man midfield that presses the center of the pitch>>> proceeded to change to a 4-3-1-2

* Found out K.P's workrate should take precedence over seedorf's playing making abilities at TQ and that the team would greatly benefit from having a better runner higher up the pitch >>> proceeds to make K.P first choice TQ

* Rejuvenated Seedorf' by switching him from TQ to LM ( imo his best tactical innovation as he seemingly managed to not only solve the conundrum at TQ by using K.P but also manage to balance out our creative play by putting Seedorf at LM where he dictated play )

* The acquisition of MvB and identifying him as the perfect player to fill the deep Anchor role, a move that imo won us the scudetto

This season however he repeated the same mistakes he made in his first season, but the crucial thing he did not do imo was he never had the courage to move on, in his mind he found the perfect formation for us and has already settled on making the formation our own much like how barca made 4-3-3 their own the last decade or so, and because of that he never wanted to change formation, many of us will point to K.P and Pato being out of the squad as factors but the truth of the matter is we could have at any point change the formation so that missing players did not become such a huge factor in our play.

Juve has changed their formation allot and was a huge reason why most teams could not beat them this season, as most teams could did not know what they would be facing and how differently Juve will approach / attack them. Also they switch up their defensive style as well to keep opposition's attackers from figuring out their pattern and strategies.

We on the other hand kept to the same pattern of play, which is not a bad thing , however it does indeed become so when we don't have crucial players playing those vital roles that make us so good.

unfortunately i've run out've time but i'll post again later .. Forza Milan
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 pm

yes!! absolutely, and i have my damn reasons. LEAVE NOW ALLEGRI!! NOW!!!!!!
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:40 pm

we may want him to stay and give him another chance and he deserve to stay maybe but this kind of games we are seeing lately will exactly get allegri sacked if he is not careful.

berlusconi has returned so he might not be so merciful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum