Will Real Madrid win La liga this season?

+11
urbaNRoots
Pedram
Le Samourai
Dnmac4
Raptorgunner
Doc
VanDeezNuts
BarrileteCosmico
EarlyPrototype
halamadrid2
jibers
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Will Real Madrid win La liga this season? Empty Will Real Madrid win La liga this season?

Post by jibers Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:23 pm

When Madrid went ten points clear most people on GL said Barcelona won't cathc them up. Now the gap is down to 6 with a mammoth task at the Camp Nou still awaiting. Do you reckon Real can still win it or is Barcelona's true sextuple still on?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Will Real Madrid win La liga this season? Empty Re: Will Real Madrid win La liga this season?

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:26 pm

i think it will go down the wire as usual, while we have Ramos, Pepe and Ozil suspended we have DiMaria back and Varane is excellent enough to cover for the CBs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Will Real Madrid win La liga this season? Empty Re: Will Real Madrid win La liga this season?

Post by jibers Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:27 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:i think it will go down the wire as usual, while we have Ramos, Pepe and Ozil suspended we have DiMaria back and Varane is excellent enough to cover for the CBs

You have a harder run in than Barca as well though, and teams are going for just draws against you now...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:31 pm

those teams weren't a problem for us in the first half of the season.... we are just in a dip in form... i expect us to pick it up once DiMaria returns
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:32 pm

50/50 since we have already lost at Camp Nou.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:41 pm

Yes. Madrid might lose some points, but the key here is that so will Barca. Also Madrid has yet to lose a game except against Barca, I don't think their current crisis will change that. So they need to draw twice for Barca to catch up, but chances are Barca will at least draw one more match between now and then (assuming we win El Clasico, which is hardly assured), so in reality we need Madrid to lose points in 3-4/10 matches left, does anyone see that happening?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:48 pm

we have games against Valencia and Pathetico coming up just before the clasico
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:35 pm

for the most part teams have been going for draws against us the entire season. same goes with barca.

its on us to close out games and earn the 3 points.

its still in our hands.. the rest of our games are winnable just a matter of who is on the pitch imo.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:50 pm

More than likely, Real Madrid would win La Liga. It does have 2004 written all over it though but I still reckon Real would hold the lead.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:54 pm

wow its only 6 points now? scratch

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:58 pm

nah, its still 10... what you on about scratch
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:04 pm

Yes Madrid will win the league by at least a full 3 points.

Make no mistake they will catch an ass whipping at Camp Nou as Barca are as ruthless as any professional sports team I have ever seen at home.

But Barca to win the league will have to win out and I don't see that happening and frankly for Barca to win Madrid would have to lose to someone other then Barca not tie and again I don't see that happening.

What's funny is when Madrid and Barca draw everyone considers it a loss. People forget these teams very rarely loss, ever.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:05 pm

Personally I think Mou loves all this.He can't go a season without people blaming everything from their chlidren's poor grades to their low credit ratings on him.That's just always been..the way it it.

It's up to the players now.

I won't say we will win it...

I'll say we should win it.

If we don't we don't deserve to win it.

Simple as that.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:06 pm

The last time we were in dip form was at the start of the season (against Levante and Racing), it's quite normal to have another one but i think we'll find our form again, Di Maria will be back by the the next week, that one will surely help us to get out of slump.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:16 pm

jibers wrote:When Madrid went ten points clear most people on GL said Barcelona won't cathc them up. Now the gap is down to 6 with a mammoth task at the Camp Nou still awaiting
highburied wrote:Tottenham Sp*s remind me of Real Madrid
Now I get highburied :bow:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:20 pm

Now the gap is down to 6 with a mammoth task at the Camp Nou still awaiting

Messi's indigestion after the annual Burger's for Balon D' or's barter market is held in Catalyunya. :bow:

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by emassy Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:20 pm

Madrid had straight 12 wins before they drew their last two matches. What make you think they would start again from their next match,except for the clasico which im not too sure of. Besides,la liga has 9 matches to go,i see madrid winning up to 7,draw 1 and probably lose 1. So i guess the answer is clear,lol
emassy
emassy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:30 pm

Barca is hitting their stride at the perfect time as usual and I think this form will continue until the end of the season, although a very tough ask, I can see us winning the rest of our league games. While Madrid only needs one loss to be a loss at the camp nou away from losing the league providing Barcelona win their remaining fixtures.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:14 pm

Barca have La Liga wrapped up. Congrats. :coffee:
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:31 pm

Looking ahead to the Sociedad Match:

Turienzo Alvarez is firstly, a Basque, officiating our game against a Basque team.
We have lost 40% of our games which he has refereed, and sent our guys off 6 times, as opposed to 1 on the other team.

There is also one incident with him that I remember crystal clear, even though it was in that remontada season of 07. Remember that game against Racing Santander where we got robbed? Helguera sent off, non-existent PK given on Diarra, and we lost 2-1 after Garay won it for them. I remember thinking, this jerk may have robbed us, but it'll make victory taste even sweeter in the end.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:32 pm

6 point is a little. Madrid will start to lose again. :coffee:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:38 pm

The butthurt will be glorious if Barcelona lose more points against Mallorca this week.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:41 pm

El Pipita wrote:The butthurt will be glorious if Barcelona lose more points against Mallorca this week.
Not as glorious as 13 pages of tears about Paradas Romero :lol!:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Albiceleste wrote:
El Pipita wrote:The butthurt will be glorious if Barcelona lose more points against Mallorca this week.
Not as glorious as 13 pages of tears about Paradas Romero :lol!:

13 pages of bringing back unrelated referees mistakes from "certain" Barca fans. Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:47 pm

No one noticed what I posted I see......

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next