Go down

Formula 1 Season 2012 - Page 3 Empty Re: Formula 1 Season 2012

Post by Guest Mon May 28, 2012 12:35 pm

Formula 1 Season 2012 - Page 3 Tumblr_m4okpadIoE1qiz6xvo2_1280

Formula 1 Season 2012 - Page 3 Tumblr_m4ojtqPOIB1r4j20wo1_500

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28, 2012 12:51 pm

vettel havent had season he wants but... he never fails to make people laugh...

after fernando rosberg incident in bahrain

then vettel makes fun of alonso....

whats even more funny is kimi is trying himself so hard not to laugh... hehehe

vettel with raikkonen accent... LMAO soooooo funny....

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Mon May 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Its all temperature anyway. If Canada is cold then Lotus will probably struggle a bit,they struggle on all colder tracks & love hotter one's. Mercedes does better in colder conditions.

Canada theoretically should be Mercedes' strongest race but RBR,Ferrari,Mclaren & Lotus will be challengers each race with a few mid-field teams mixing it out as all teams are VERY VERY close this time.

RBR & Ferrari are rumoured to bring their version of DDRS which should bring them big benefits. I hope Mercedes abandon their exhauts & bring the Mclaren exhausts.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28, 2012 5:47 pm

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:Its all temperature anyway. If Canada is cold then Lotus will probably struggle a bit,they struggle on all colder tracks & love hotter one's. Mercedes does better in colder conditions.

Canada theoretically should be Mercedes' strongest race but RBR,Ferrari,Mclaren & Lotus will be challengers each race with a few mid-field teams mixing it out as all teams are VERY VERY close this time.

RBR & Ferrari are rumoured to bring their version of DDRS which should bring them big benefits. I hope Mercedes abandon their exhauts & bring the Mclaren exhausts.

yea mercedes eats tyres if the track temp. is hot but the recent updates in monaco and they had brought quite significant ones, with new carbon gearbox case, new revised sidepod, revised front wing/ and some updates on rear areas ... with rear updates they seems to have overcome some of degradation issues, certainly in other tracks it will test them.quite a big update for mercedes this week, i reckon they will bring few in canada too.

but yea ur right mercedes might come really good in canada. but like u said its so much unpredictable. because i thought red bull having best car when it comes to high speed circuit willl blow the rest of field away , turned out lotus and williams and ferrari were miles better.

so its all up in the air

meanwhile lewis have pushed team to keep up with other teams so they might bring some updates, so will ferrari but ferrari had quite a hefty upgrade brought already since spanish gp, even few of them were brought in bahrain so we are looking atm a much improved ferrari especially their traction/rear/exhaust problem seems to have improved a lot and they have certainly benefitted a lot from hideously poor car but thanks to former bridgestone tyre engineer that ferrari recruited this year, he has given a massive improvement when it comes to tyre management thats my belief, ... and oh... in monaco red bull was complained by ferrari mclaren and mercedes as reported, that red bull slot near the tires is illegal, though not official protest, and if FIA give clarification i reckon all top team will bring new updates like red bull had in monaco/bahrain.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99981

btw mercedes said they wont focus on mclaren/sauber style exhaust... ross brawn said they didnt see any big significant gain in those layouts, instead they said they will use time and resources wisely on other areas...

btw loic bigois is released from team so since geoff wilis took over, i believe with him mercedes will be very strong... im big fan of geoff since BAR days.
so im pretty sure mercedes focus is on tyre studies and aero areas where they are weak atm.
meanwhile it is even more exciting to think that by june.july i believe aldo costa will be focusing on next year W04 car's chassis design/ so it would be very interesting to see his input on this team , he always have created competitive car in his ferrari days and they still fired him lol what a big mistake ferrari has made they will be absolutely ruing this mistake in future; so its more exciting days for mercedes in coming year if they keep this consistent momentum of improving car, now that loic bigois is gone, and very good people have come in, especially for geoff is like returning home he is very much familiar to new windtunnel/CFD and other resources the very upgrade he was very much involved in during honda reign, plus having worked in red bull technology working closely with adrian for red bull and also in early days, i am really pumped up. really excited to even think of new car next year that aldo bob and geoff will develop

Formula 1 Season 2012 - Page 3 S1_1

geoff willis, Mercedes AMG F1 technology director (and head of aerodynamics) with Jock Clear, former nico rosberg race engineer/this year has moved to be involved in more factory at Brackley, Mercedes)

Formula 1 Season 2012 - Page 3 414
aldo costa, Mercedes AMG F1 Engineering Director (will be involved in mechanical/chassis design)
he was released by ferrari in mid season 2011)

Formula 1 Season 2012 - Page 3 Bob_bell
Bob Bell, Mercedes TD, joined in early april 2011, involved in current Mercedes W03 car

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Wed May 30, 2012 7:59 am

As far as I know Mercedes are poaching Renault's Head of Aero who has been working under Allison. Should be a great capture as Renault aerodynamically has produced a great car for their limited resources.

But every week some car failure for Michael or some noob like Grosjean screwing it up is ridiculous. I doubt if I have seen anyone this unlucky.

Canada will probably be Mercedes' race though it all depends on temperature with these tyres

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 12:39 pm

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:As far as I know Mercedes are poaching Renault's Head of Aero who has been working under Allison. Should be a great capture as Renault aerodynamically has produced a great car for their limited resources.

But every week some car failure for Michael or some noob like Grosjean screwing it up is ridiculous. I doubt if I have seen anyone this unlucky.

Canada will probably be Mercedes' race though it all depends on temperature with these tyres

thanks for info man!!! i am so pleasently surprised!!! seems Mercedes is on course to building technical fortress in the team haha certainly would be fun pissing off Christian horner

i searched, and seems like this rumour is coming from scarbs- well known technical f1 journalist. and to be honest with u mate, i didnt know much about Mike Elliot, from scarbs twit: - A little bird tells me Mike Elliot will take the Head of Aero role at Mercedes AMG F1, Mike is ex @imperialcollege, McLaren & Renault

thats great news, really ... geoff willis is already a great aerodynamicist but atm maybe since Bigois is dismissed maybe he is overlooking both at aero and technology and research his current mail role area.

at the same time i dont know if Lotus F1 will release him ??? because Lotus is Mercedes current competitor and they have been continuously saying they want to be better than mercedes this year. at the same time, didnt Lotus release jason somerville this year to williams so they already lost big member of team so,

well either way thats great news, if he comes. thanks for bringing great news man, appreciate it.

that i agree with, grosjean keeps getting in trouble. in 6 races 3 of them he have been with michael .

well canada is a track that suits perfectly for mercedes, and for mclaren too, on temperature, canada temp is quite low normally, i dont know how forecast will be but normally if ambient temp is around 24-25 thats perfect for mercedes.

and there has been lot of talk that mercedes has gotten over tyre temp. issues so lets see. maybe its not the car being the reason why team had previous issues with temp. maybe its got lot to do with their own understanding and setups. in australia they overheated tyres, in malaysia they had big trouble getting heat on tyres quite the opposite to australia. also number of recent updates may help a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:12 pm

michael schumacher feel sorry for him, 5 out 7 races he had to retire, could have been in the race for championship

61 - The number of points Michael Schumacher has sacrificed in 2012. Retirement.
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:50 pm

Dafuq did I just watch...

Red Bull :facepalm: Ferrari :facepalm: :facepalm: At least after that idiotic stay Red Bull were smart enough to go on red immediately...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:22 pm

Both Vettel and Alonso messed up Bad...

Vettel took it too easy in the beginning and both their pit stops Strategy were horrendous.
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:28 pm

Valencia :bow: I was bracing myself for a boring street race,but GOAT happened instead.Race of the season...Especially for an Alonso/Ferrari fanboy like me banana And Schumi on podium FFS...

But Alonso's race :bow: Perfection...I've never seen a race driven better.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:38 pm

Alonso :bow:

Maldonado is a c*nt though Laughing Hamiliton is pissed Laughing

I'm sure Nicole will cheer him up though :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:39 pm

Mole watches F1 :bow:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:48 pm

Alonso :bow: Vettel Laughing
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:52 pm

Vibe wrote:Mole watches F1 :bow:

Last couple of months, i use to watch it all the time in the 90s but slowly grew tired of it.

But heard how many different winners there have been and decided to start watching again have not been disappointed :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:01 pm

awesome race, what i thought would be one of the most boring race ever, thanks to s...ty pirelli tyres.

lol at maldonado thanks to him michael got podium, and its special day for ferrari because ferrari had all former and current driver in schumi kimi and alonso in the podium and all those drivers were managed by race engineer Andrea Stella; so for him it is a really special day.

for schumi podium after 6 years but god that mercedes is piss poor when fuelled full during the first/second stint in race day, not taking tire management into account which is their another nightmare. only when fuel is starting to go off in latter stage, it comes alive close to performing qualy like pace. something needs to be done about it.

so convinced that red bull , vettel would have won by big margin if he hadnt had some sort of engine problem, same problem existed for grosjean too with both of their cars engine just switched off. that RB8 with upgrades for this race, pulled off amazing like 0.5 s off the second place hamilton when vettel had pole, they had some updates here with brakes and in rear but already some suspects going on with that car.

maldonado on hamilton today lol at his comments:

"He tried to put me off the track," said Maldonado. "He didn't leave any room for me to stay on and do the corner side by side. I jumped over the kerb and I couldn't avoid the accident."

The Venezuelan felt Hamilton should have accepted that he was going to get overtaken as his McLaren's pace faded.

"I don't know why he drove like that," Maldonado said. "He was struggling too much with the tyres. He was completely lost and at that moment I was getting very good pace. He tried a very aggressive move on me."

granted maldonado was considerably faster with lewis rear was gone, but maldonado had another chance to take over hamilton anyway with 1 laps to go was enough instead some idiotic drive when he was way off the line outside the kerb...,

great race .... awesome drive by alonso, but RB8 and that lotus car is killer atm....

Last edited by JespSwe on Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:04 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Last couple of months, i use to watch it all the time in the 90s but slowly grew tired of it.

But heard how many different winners there have been and decided to start watching again have not been disappointed :bow:

been utterly disappointed with pirelli tires man. so confusing, dont know which compound works best, at what track at what temperature, at what setup, and on whose car it works best or worse ...

when pirelli says we could make the tires last longer, and durable thats what most fans want. everyone loved bridgestone for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:07 pm

Agree Jesp, more meant the entertainment factor.

That's what you get for picking a tire company who sponsor the team who finish outside of Serie A's CL spots :coffee:

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:07 pm

lol @ luca montezemolo... he was not happy man when ferrari qualified like 11, and he flew back home, only to miss a special ferrari day today , with all current and former employees (alonso, kimi, michael ex-ferrari drivers) in podium lol... busted...!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Agree Jesp, more meant the entertainment factor.

That's what you get for picking a tire company who sponsor the team who finish outside of Serie A's CL spots :coffee:

Spoiler:

blame that to vibe .... who sponsors inter... Razz though, i admit it is entertaining but its so mixed bag atm, its rather confusing lol, i mean for example if u were in betting business in f1 atm , then rest assured people would have lost a house by now!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:37 pm

Only the second race I've watched this season, this was superb. Alonso's drive was phenomenal.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:19 pm

Schumi :bow:

only his 3rd finish out of 8 races!!!
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:22 pm

JespSwe wrote:awesome race, what i thought would be one of the most boring race ever, thanks to s...ty pirelli tyres.

lol at maldonado thanks to him michael got podium, and its special day for ferrari because ferrari had all former and current driver in schumi kimi and alonso in the podium and all those drivers were managed by race engineer Andrea Stella; so for him it is a really special day.

for schumi podium after 6 years but god that mercedes is piss poor when fuelled full during the first/second stint in race day, not taking tire management into account which is their another nightmare. only when fuel is starting to go off in latter stage, it comes alive close to performing qualy like pace. something needs to be done about it.

so convinced that red bull , vettel would have won by big margin if he hadnt had some sort of engine problem, same problem existed for grosjean too with both of their cars engine just switched off. that RB8 with upgrades for this race, pulled off amazing like 0.5 s off the second place hamilton when vettel had pole, they had some updates here with brakes and in rear but already some suspects going on with that car.

maldonado on hamilton today lol at his comments:

"He tried to put me off the track," said Maldonado. "He didn't leave any room for me to stay on and do the corner side by side. I jumped over the kerb and I couldn't avoid the accident."

The Venezuelan felt Hamilton should have accepted that he was going to get overtaken as his McLaren's pace faded.

"I don't know why he drove like that," Maldonado said. "He was struggling too much with the tyres. He was completely lost and at that moment I was getting very good pace. He tried a very aggressive move on me."

granted maldonado was considerably faster with lewis rear was gone, but maldonado had another chance to take over hamilton anyway with 1 laps to go was enough instead some idiotic drive when he was way off the line outside the kerb...,

great race .... awesome drive by alonso, but RB8 and that lotus car is killer atm....

I am pretty sure that Mercedes are Very VERY good on Full Fuel tanks & Decently Good in Tyre Wear.

MSC was on used Softs in his last sting while Webber had a fresh one & he kept the Red Bull behind & he was the only doing good times with his Hard Tyres in the 1st Stint.

Also I felt Michael's first sting was Extra-ordinary. Nobody worked their Hard Tyres well. And had not the Safety Car allowed 6-7-8 odd slow laps especially at the start of the new tyre cycles those tyres would been finished 3-4 laps earilier ATLEAST.

Michael was 4s off Rosberg after 20 odd laps with an absolutely DUD Prime Tyre while guys like Perez who have good tyre wear abandoned their Hard Tyre wear & even a guy like Jenson who is good at managing the tyres could do run with it. This happened on full tanks & I think Rosberg's pace was consistent.

Rosberg made a Horrible Start & in general was nothing great in his 1st stint & was average after the SC re-start. Average race for him.

And the reason why Michael was had NEW Tyres & Fresh because he did his 1st Stint with Hards when everyone had Softs & he made his sting lasts a long time with not a Major degradation.

Other than that RB8 had 0.4 off Hamilton in Q3 but never managed that gap in Q2 or Q1. Maybe it was a Special Vettel Lap,Red Bull setting their car better for lower fuel or Hamilton not getting it 100% right,tyres,temperatues & a lot of factors.

Red Bull were certainly quick but not 0.4 off a second. Red Bull will naturally be quick in the 1st section as due to the Renault Engine they start on a much lesser fuel consumption. I think if a Mclaren or a Ferrari had the lead & could have held vettel for the first few laps or till the 1st Stop they would have won for sure.

Red Bull is for me a tenth or 2 quick than the rest.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:26 pm

JespSwe wrote:

been utterly disappointed with pirelli tires man. so confusing, dont know which compound works best, at what track at what temperature, at what setup, and on whose car it works best or worse ...

when pirelli says we could make the tires last longer, and durable thats what most fans want. everyone loved bridgestone for that.

I think everyone HATED the fact that Bridgestones never degraded. I think it was bad too for the spot. That aspect of Pirelli is fantastic.

The problem for me is the tyre window is too narrow & it changes on cars from track to track & from car to car. Changes at different temperatures & does not work well at either a very high or a very low temperature. Too many marbles (thank god a bit less this year).

And this people doing Slow Laps initially to make the tyres last is bad. If they want to make the tyres last 20 laps. Fine. Maybe from car to car & driver to driver it will vary from 18 to 22. But that is not the case. Temperatures are causing huge changes in performance & wear patterns. And Lotus might do 50 Strong laps with a tyres other teams can do 30. This is bad.

Also now that Pirelli is using a Renault test car this would get worse

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:45 pm

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:
JespSwe wrote:

I think everyone HATED the fact that Bridgestones never degraded. I think it was bad too for the spot. That aspect of Pirelli is fantastic.

The problem for me is the tyre window is too narrow & it changes on cars from track to track & from car to car. Changes at different temperatures & does not work well at either a very high or a very low temperature. Too many marbles (thank god a bit less this year).

And this people doing Slow Laps initially to make the tyres last is bad. If they want to make the tyres last 20 laps. Fine. Maybe from car to car & driver to driver it will vary from 18 to 22. But that is not the case. Temperatures are causing huge changes in performance & wear patterns. And Lotus might do 50 Strong laps with a tyres other teams can do 30. This is bad.

Also now that Pirelli is using a Renault test car this would get worse

think tyre wear is not the problem. getting performance out of tires is the biggest problem for everyone. changes from track to track, temp. even if teams get their setup right for the race, say few drop in temp will stop the tires working at optium level anyway.

i dont like this when we havent seen pure performance of the car at best , and everything depends on tires .

its not pirelli fault either because they are doing what they were told to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:48 pm

silverstone qualy.

1. alonso, 2. webber 3. schumi 4. vettel 5. massa 6. kimi 7. maldonado 8. hamilton 9. hulkenburg 10. grosjean

thats top then.

kobayashi will face 5 place grid penalty for causing avoidable collision with massa in valencia, 10 grid penalty for verge for doing the same on kovalainen 5 place grid penalty for hulkenburg for gear box change.

will be exciting race tomorrow, rain expected.

british fans at silverstone :bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:01 pm

Alonso Chaka I was scared there on Q2,he was P12 and there were yellow flags on his last lap because Grosjean spun.They could have easily eliminated him...

I am always confident with Alonso's start cause he always makes progress,but now he's already P1 so there's nothing to gain and much to lose...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next