nichabr
billy_gr
guest7
spanky
LeVersacci
23 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Diablo 3 releases May 15!!

Post by DeviAngel Tue May 15, 2012 11:46 pm

Legend wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:What about Private Servers ? are there any?
it will take a while before private servers are made....

but atm the game is more down then up.. they have to constantly take it down for maintenance....

btw some people have already finished it once.... in under 6 hours...

does it have at least single player option ? I downloaded the BETA version from torrent but ...

DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed May 16, 2012 5:22 am

Someone please explain the game in a nutshell.
I have a pc that's is yearning for pc gaming. But I'm a huge console guy and I haven't played an actual PC game. ever.

So help and do I pay per month to play because that's a no no.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu May 17, 2012 9:35 am

How is the game beta testers? I'll join you in a month time or so eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu May 17, 2012 5:55 pm

still alot of maintenance problems, goes down alot but overall its a fun game... maybe a bit too short for pro gamers liking....

i know a few people who finished under 8-9 hours and even read on the forums that some people did it under 6 hours
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu May 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Legend wrote:still alot of maintenance problems, goes down alot but overall its a fun game... maybe a bit too short for pro gamers liking....

i know a few people who finished under 8-9 hours and even read on the forums that some people did it under 6 hours
Finished the game in inferno difficulty? eco smile
Diablo was never about finishing the game in normal. It was about getting in highest difficulty possible and leveling up+ collecting all the rarest items possible eco smile
PVP is another side fun specially in hardcore eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Thu May 17, 2012 9:19 pm

so far its starting to feel alot like a simplified wow with shit loads of gear....sucks that you need to be online to play SP...
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Thu May 17, 2012 11:48 pm

the guys in hell and inferno are rushing it, they arent even exploring the whole maps just finding quickest way to the boss.

casual gamers are still supposed to be in ACT 3-4 on normal, im still on act 2 i would be in act 3 or 4 but my pc is too weak to handle the game anymore. getting a new one tomorrow Very Happy
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Fri May 18, 2012 12:05 am

spanky489 wrote:the guys in hell and inferno are rushing it, they arent even exploring the whole maps just finding quickest way to the boss.

casual gamers are still supposed to be in ACT 3-4 on normal, im still on act 2 i would be in act 3 or 4 but my pc is too weak to handle the game anymore. getting a new one tomorrow Very Happy

I am still on normal in ACTII, only played around 7-8 hours, i am currently trying to get items to get my dps up, its only 89 for a lvl 21 which is horrible, people have 150 dps and are my level
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri May 18, 2012 1:47 pm

How do you only have 80 at lvl 21?

I have 201 unbuffed...
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Fri May 18, 2012 8:21 pm

Phritz wrote:How do you only have 80 at lvl 21?

I have 201 unbuffed...
finally got it 160 but that is still bad for lvl 24

i can't find any good equipment which increased my dps
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 5:22 am

Level 55 almost 56 rocking through hell, havn't been going to hard or I would be much further along.

Barbarian 20khp 4.2k dps 4k armor and over 20% resistance to everything plus 50% magic find.

Getting to inferno slowly

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon May 21, 2012 12:54 am

Beat Diablo on normal Thursday before leaving town for a few days, tomorrow nightmare mode awaits Twisted Evil

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon May 21, 2012 4:11 am

i am too lazy to even finish Normal Sad..... this is my problems with all games i play for a bit then get bored
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 4:33 am

Hell mode down, solo'd too. On to inferno!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed May 23, 2012 5:35 am

Crimson wrote:Hell mode down, solo'd too. On to inferno!!!
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 South-park-no-life
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 23, 2012 1:22 pm

Just bought the game, any advice for a Diablo novice? Very Happy
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed May 23, 2012 4:36 pm

Solo is far easier than duo or 4. (One of the reasons the major named bosses have a supplemental co-op achievement)

And I saw someone typed earlier that Inferno is the new HC. It isn't. HC is still in the game.

The real and most significant difference between Normal/Nightmare/Hell/Inferno (apart from number increases) is the amount of abilities elite groups have; They have 1 in Normal, 2 in Nightmare, 3 in Hell and 4 in Inferno.

I don't get why people solo this game past finding out about the story, or talk about pirating... they're missing 95% of the game.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed May 23, 2012 6:01 pm

Aensensen wrote:
billy_gr wrote:no paladin no diablo
Amen sir. I am so glad someone feels exactly the same as I do.

On the other hand this comes as no surprise. Blizzard sucks balls. Please don't be insulted, as I here criticize Blizzard not the players.

I grew up with Diablo, Starcraft and Warcraft 2. These were some of my first games on pc and I became a huge fan. All I can say is that Blizzard sistematically went and ruined everything that made that kid love their games.

They turned the warcraft franchise into a money laundering bussiness (imo kind of feeding on explosion of then recent fantasy stuff remarkable successes - like LOTR and Hary Potter), too expensive for kids and young folks, playable only over the internet. Starcraft was to be made into a similar bullsh!t with Starcraft: Ghost but it failed. When Starcraft 2 came out, Blizzard games were no longer on my mind because I saw what they're doing, and now I think they're doing it to the Diablo franchise.

I'm not saying these games aren't/won't be great, but they no longer have that original spirit. Many will disagree, I'm sure, but Blizzard lost balls. That's right kids (for those younger here), Blizzard indeed HAD balls once. Diablo had that dark, hardcore, underground, dungeon creepy atmosphere and you could almost smell that thick, moist, old air from the tomb you entered. It had it's own identity. Now Starcraft, Warcraft and Diablo all look alike - if you manage to go past some obvious superficial masks new developers tried to put there.

While, as a matter of fact, I think these developers WERE fans of the original Diablo, I think they failed to bring the original spirit into the 3rd part. Diablo 2 was not exactly the same game as the Diablo 1, but it still had balls. And you could see the fingerprints of the original makers still there, all over the game. Blizzard North is gone, the original makers are not there anymore - and now Diablo franchise has to sink into this identity stripped stinkhole with Starcraft and Warcraft franchise.

Again, I think Diablo 3 will be a great game, but damn Blizzard for stripping the franchises from their original identities. Now they all look and feel alike.

Now don't get me wrong. I'll give Diablo 3 a try for sure (not buyin it tho Razz ), and maybe it will win me over later on, but damn I was expecting at least Diablo 3 to be that dark, hardcore game it used to be because we lack those today.

So I got around to reading this and.... wtf? All I have to say is:

Form your own opinion before vaguely rehashing hipster opinion because this entire post is... sorry to say it... idiotic.

Starcraft Ghost was supposed to be a cash cow? It was supposed to be an all-platform FPS that got cancelled because it wasn't good enough.

World of Warcraft was ruined by the casual userbase, not Blizzard.
You're also forgetting that Diablo, Starcraft and Warcraft were genre-defining titles - you just can't do that anymore. RTS and ARPG have come a long way since their release and of course they wont have the same impact as their predecessors.

"You could see their fingerprints all over the games" What fingerprints? All this talk of stripping identity... Can you mention something concrete? If you're one of the Blizzard North hipster fanboys what have the makers of Diablo II done up until now? Hellgate: London had an awesome premise but the game turned out the definition mediocre. Mythos? Crashed and burned. Torchlight? Half a game. What made Diablo II Diablo II, is not its atmosphere etc. but the ability to drop in and out of co-op games & loot.

"I think they failed to bring the original spirit into the third part" And then a few sentences later say that you're only going to pirate the game off-line (therefore missing a major part of the experience) and haven't even played it? Furthermore you want to compare a teenagers/preteen's reaction to the game with an adult mature reaction.

I'm not a Blizzard fanboy, and I'm not trying to say they're gods because I have beef with them as well but they're specific points I can complain about, not nonsense opinion rehashed to the point where you're spouting nonsense and make yourself look like a tool.

Last edited by Phritz on Wed May 23, 2012 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 9:42 pm

Phritz wrote:Solo is far easier than duo or 4. (One of the reasons the major named bosses have a supplemental co-op achievement)

And I saw someone typed earlier that Inferno is the new HC. It isn't. HC is still in the game.

The real and most significant difference between Normal/Nightmare/Hell/Inferno (apart from number increases) is the amount of abilities elite groups have; They have 1 in Normal, 2 in Nightmare, 3 in Hell and 4 in Inferno.

I don't get why people solo this game past finding out about the story, or talk about pirating... they're missing 95% of the game.

What?

Trying soloing Act 2 inferno and tell me it's easier than co-oping lmao

Soloing is far far harder than with co-op.

Now that Wizards and Monks and soon DH's are all getting nerfed for their game breaking bugged abilities people will see how difficult it is.

With co-op we seriously raped inferno, as a solo with either of my friends who are all majority in inferno they all agree it's much harder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu May 24, 2012 12:53 am

Something is seriously wrong with the way your friends set up their heroes if they all agree co-op is easier than solo. One of the major difference between Diablo II and Diablo is that mob damage goes up as well.

Solo is easier because it is far easier to kite mobs following just one person and if you have AoE it's even easier to concentrate it. Then there's the boss fights, in which a bosses do reasonable amounts of damage but gets amplified when there's more players.

Inferno is pretty much nigh-impossible anyways and the only way to beat it is as a kiter or exploits.

Multiply by 160% and tell me a who can survive that?

Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 Screenshot073df
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Thu May 24, 2012 1:06 am

Phritz wrote:So I got around to reading this and.... wtf? All I have to say is:

Form your own opinion before vaguely rehashing hipster opinion because this entire post is... sorry to say it... idiotic.

Starcraft Ghost was supposed to be a cash cow? It was supposed to be an all-platform FPS that got cancelled because it wasn't good enough.

World of Warcraft was ruined by the casual userbase, not Blizzard.
You're also forgetting that Diablo, Starcraft and Warcraft were genre-defining titles - you just can't do that anymore. RTS and ARPG have come a long way since their release and of course they wont have the same impact as their predecessors. Even nowadays games as good as Diablo/Starcraft

"You could see their fingerprints all over the games" What fingerprints? All this talk of stripping identity... Can you mention something concrete? If you're one of the Blizzard North hipster fanboys what have the makers of Diablo II done up until now? Hellgate: London had an awesome premise but the game turned out the definition mediocre. Mythos? Crashed and burned. Torchlight? Half a game. What made Diablo II Diablo II, is not its atmosphere etc. but the ability to drop in and out of co-op games & loot.

"I think they failed to bring the original spirit into the third part" And then a few sentences later say that you're only going to pirate the game off-line (therefore missing a major part of the experience) and haven't even played it? Furthermore you want to compare a teenagers/preteen's reaction to the game with an adult mature reaction.

I'm not a Blizzard fanboy, and I'm not trying to say they're gods because I have beef with them as well but they're specific points I can complain about, not nonsense opinion rehashed to the point where you're spouting nonsense and make yourself look like a tool.
Almost started writing you a proper reply Laughing , then I remembered intelligent people like you don't deserve a proper answer. Let's keep it simple, in pictures.

Dark, underground, hardcore to the bone - Diablo 1
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 1
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 2
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 3
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 4
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 5

Worn out, dark, lifeless - Diablo 2
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 16
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 11
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 4-1
Feels exactly like diablo 1 at times, especially during the 4th chapter -
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 5-1

This new thing - Diablo 3
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 I-dream-of-diablo-diablo-iii-character-class-predictions-20081007030445391-000
There is a god damn rainbow in the waterfall. Not that it disrupts the whole fairy tale atmosphere this scene has going on. Just like this next one - Just look at that cartoonish blur on textures and that warcraft 3-like landscape.
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 Diablo3gameplayshot1-1
Blur everywhere (feels like Dota ffs )
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 Diablo3-1-500x500
I know, this is just an outside (wildernes) screenshot - so let's have a look at Diablo 2 wildernes -
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 9
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 3-1
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 7
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 8
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 1-1

This looks more like World Of Warcraft than Diablo -
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 Diablo-3-screenshot-1
This also -
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 Diablo-3-screenshot-warrior-barbarian-1
WOW (for reference) -
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 Wotlk

Different interiers in Diablo 2 -
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 10
Even though not a proper interier - Pandemonium Fortress
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 14
The same can be said for the Arcane Sanctuary
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 17diablo_sanctuaire_arcane

Diablo 3 that was in development by Blizzard North looked much like it's predecesors. I know the work was not anywhere near done but the interiors looked quite familiar and in the Diablo spirit.
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 Xlarge_diablo_3_2005_02
You can find some of the screenshots here -
http://diablo3.pl/newsy/diablo3-pl/diablo-iii-w-wersji-blizzard-north-z-2005-roku/

I'm not a Blizzard North fanboy, I'm a fan of Diablo series and that's why I'm complaining. I don't know what the hell is wrong with you to get so agressive just because someone expressed their opinion. If you heard that opinion before, maybe it's because old Diablo players really don't like the change that came with Diablo 3. You call them or me a Blizzard North fanboy even though I haven't played any other game but Hellgate London (which was badly executed even though it had potential and a good atmosphere - the story was absolutely terrible, or should I say absent). I'll play Diablo 3 simply because it looks like a good game, not because I'm a fan of the series.
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu May 24, 2012 3:53 am

To be fair Aensensen does have a point. Hell I'm young, I didn't grow up with Warcraft 2 or Starcraft/Starcraft: BW...I grew up with Warcraft 3 ---> into WoW (which I never really enjoyed...it was great at first but then idk...$$$$). And the only time I had heard of Starcraft was playing Starcraft 64 LOL

But even as SC2 came out and my brother got me into it...I did get quite into it- it is a good game. But I've watched Brood War pros and SC2 pros and honestly it's a world apart. BW is a much, much better game than SC2 and everyone knows it. How Blizzard managed to back track in many areas in a decade is ridiculous and shows kind of what Blizzard has become. It lacks so many features, B.Net is terrible (named Bnet 0.2 rather than bnet 2.0 by many people), and the campaign- and yes I did play the BW campaign last year- is just shallow and...a shell compared to BW. And yes I know my comments only reflect upon SC2 and SC:BW, but those are the two I've come to know and love over the past 2 years.

I mean, SC2 is still a great game and I still play it occasionally, but I can't help but think that Blizzard...certainly lost something somewhere along the way. They stopped caring as much for their games, perhaps- I don't know what it is, but it's lacking and it doesn't show well. But they are making a lot more money so meh whatcha gonna do. Will still definitely buy SC2: HotS for sure though Very Happy

And this is someone whose judgement isn't clouded by nostalgia. However, my comments should be taken with a grain of salt because I did not grow up with Blizzard games like SC vanilla or Warcraft 2, or Diablo 1 or 2.

Oh, and I do believe that Blizzard is still one of the better game companies of the modern day.

On topic: How do you guys like Diablo 3? I'm still on the fence but if you guys recommend it I'll definitely look into it more.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2012 6:04 am

Phritz wrote:Something is seriously wrong with the way your friends set up their heroes if they all agree co-op is easier than solo. One of the major difference between Diablo II and Diablo is that mob damage goes up as well.

Solo is easier because it is far easier to kite mobs following just one person and if you have AoE it's even easier to concentrate it. Then there's the boss fights, in which a bosses do reasonable amounts of damage but gets amplified when there's more players.

Inferno is pretty much nigh-impossible anyways and the only way to beat it is as a kiter or exploits.

Multiply by 160% and tell me a who can survive that?

Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 Screenshot073df

Well we did it as a group and I ouldn't solo as a Barb past act 2 and if you look on the forums no one has been able to (as a Barb) without act 4 inferno gear acquired on the AH.

The only reason people are actually killing bosses past act 2 atm is either a) they ran through or b) using the wizard exploit which is being hotfixed.

DH are being hotfixed too and Monks have already had their imba taken away.

Inferno is not impossible just takes skill and gear and abit of luck.

Are you even in Inferno yet or reciting from other people?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu May 24, 2012 7:25 am

You realize that the dark and gothic feel of Diablo was already gone in Diablo II right? The main reason Diablo had the dark and gothic feel to it was because it's a 256 colour game, and the brighter colours in that palette are unappealing. Diablo II already detracted from that with jungle & desert environments and bright and flashy spells like Frozen Orb. What I was trying to say though, is that Diablo III deserves to be hugely criticized but you're focusing on colour saturation? (That's seriously all D2 did - lower the saturation of everything)

You're also extremely picky about the D3 screenshots seeing as you're using ones from pre-beta even.

This is what release DIII looks like:
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 D55D3D241

Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 9
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 8
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 7
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 6
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 4
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 1-1
Diablo 3 releases May 15!! - Page 3 2

(right click and open image in new tab or w/e the equivalent is for your browser. I've never seen forums that just cut off large pictures, instead of stretching the forums or resizing the picture... and I'm too lazy to resize them)

@Crimson - Inferno Bosses are far far easier than Inferno Elites -.-

Inferno doesn't require skill. It just requires luck(Elite Pack Bonus Combinations, Are the servers spiking?) (and gear). The boss fights take skill, and that's why they're easy unless you're unlucky like me and keep rubber banding during the Butcher fight and have to do it 3 times and dying solely because of rubber banding. Now, Jailer Mortar Fire Chains Fast is whole new different issue.

@CBarca if you like ARPG's in general (Specifically ones like Titan Quest, Torchlight, Sacred 2) get it. I'm afraid if I let out my full rant about Diablo III then I'd turn a lot of people off from buying it.

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu May 24, 2012 6:11 pm

Lol I am so bad at this game, just soloed Butcher on normal after 2 days, only played 5 hours though, looked forward to getting some more experience in this game, it has a certain resemblance to wow though. But that was a good game until the first expansions
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Thu May 24, 2012 8:03 pm

Freeza wrote:Lol I am so bad at this game, just soloed Butcher on normal after 2 days, only played 5 hours though, looked forward to getting some more experience in this game, it has a certain resemblance to wow though. But that was a good game until the first expansions
This is what I'm talking about Phritz. Blizzard's games are beginning to look/feel alike, and it's not because of saturation. However, we might go on arguing but that was not my intent - I just wanted to vent a bit and present my opinion. Maybe it is not so catastrophical to see one company have games that resemble each other (Bethesda and Oblivion/Fallout for instance) but it's not a pleasant feeling when you have to accept that a game you really loved had to give some of it's identity away. Especially after a 12/11 year wait.
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next