REWB
Lex
guest7
StevieRayVaughan
white_star
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wenger: Busquets 'pretends to be hurt' Empty Wenger: Busquets 'pretends to be hurt'

Post by white_star Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:47 pm

Wenger: Busquets 'pretends to be hurt'
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has slammed Barcelona midfielder Sergio Busquets for play-acting, accusing the Spaniard of 'moral weaknesses'.
The 23-year-old has become a fixture of the Barcelona midfield, and won 38 caps for his country, but some fans have criticised him for play-acting and committing calculated fouls.

Wenger, speaking to Eurosport, said that while Busquets was a gifted footballer, he also had a cynical aspect to his game.

"He is very smart and knows how to help the team," Wenger said.

"He's generous and tactically very strong. He knows how to speed the game with great and quick passes."

"He's clever, he forces the ref to give yellow cards to the Spanish opponents. He pretends being hurt whereas he's the one who kicked. He has all the moral weaknesses that help in football. His intelligence really helps the team."

Barcelona's star-studded team have some diminutive players, and Wenger also pointed to Busquet's height as a real asset to his team.

"Barcelona needs his height above all for set pieces because they are very vulnerable," Wenger added. "He's one of the few in the team who is more than 1.80m tall. Except him, no one can really defend on a set piece."

I don't know why he said all this but it is true, busquets has lots of talent but his play acting is so stupid that it hides his true skill. For his sake I hope he knocks it off!

O I got this from Eurosport.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Wenger: Busquets 'pretends to be hurt' Empty Re: Wenger: Busquets 'pretends to be hurt'

Post by StevieRayVaughan Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Diving is part of the tactics for Barcelona. Busquet is extremely intelligent and uses it to the team's benefit.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Wenger: Busquets 'pretends to be hurt' Empty Re: Wenger: Busquets 'pretends to be hurt'

Post by guest7 Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:54 pm

But he is just being honest
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:56 pm

I know he is lol. It got to the point that it is pathetic. Busquets deserves all the criticism because that kind of behavior should not be tolerated.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:01 pm

Even Wenger sees it, that's how blatant it is :facepalm:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:02 pm

he is not getting criticised, he is getting praise, read the quotes, wenger is saying he is smart for doing it.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:04 pm

white_star wrote:
"He's clever, he forces the ref to give yellow cards to the Spanish opponents. He pretends being hurt whereas he's the one who kicked. He has all the moral weaknesses that help in football. His intelligence really helps the team

rofl Laughing

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:05 pm

Ok I am pretty sure he is being sarcastic or I hope he is. No coach should praise that kind of play acting !
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Wenger saw the ill intention. :bow:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:10 pm

REWB wrote:he is not getting criticised, he is getting praise, read the quotes, wenger is saying he is smart for doing it.

He was taking a dig at him.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:11 pm

"He has all the moral weaknesses that help in football"

^This one quote sums up Busquets pretty well
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:29 pm

C unt sums busquets up.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:59 pm

Ya everyone pretty much hates or doesn't respect busquets and that's no surprise.

Why do you guys think Wengar talked about him? Just frustration ?
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:02 pm

Muccho Morro.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Busquets deserves any ill words that comes his way. He has earned every bit of it. It's one thing to to do some clever gamesmenship in big / important games as most teams do but he does it when were winning by 5 goals too against Gijon and the likes.

He lacks any moral fiber whatsoever and I can barely stand to look at him as he really grinds my gears.

How I wish we never got rid of Yaya. Such a class act compared to Busquets and a better player too.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:10 pm

Arsene Wenger wrote:"He has all the moral weaknesses that help in football"

What a beautiful little sentence that is. There's other players who are just as bad, but it's just that more annoying if you do it for a team that would be perfectly capable of winning without cheating.

Every team has a couple bad apples, but Busquets really takes the cake. What Mark van Bommel is to tactical fouls Busquets is to dives.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:11 pm

dnmac4 wrote:Busquets deserves any ill words that comes his way. He has earned every bit of it. It's one thing to to do some clever gamesmenship in big / important games as most teams do but he does it when were winning by 5 goals too against Gijon and the likes.

He lacks any moral fiber whatsoever and I can barely stand to look at him as he really grinds my gears.

How I wish we never got rid of Yaya. Such a class act compared to Busquets and a better player too.

Even you don't believe this mate. Come on, one thing to bring his morality into question, but this? Toure left Barcelona very defensively insecure with his forward runs and Barcelona weren't punished in 09. He didn't listen to Pep's instructions. Busquets might act like a scumbag sometimes but he is a great footballer. Guardiola wasn't clean himself and it happnes in Spanish football, victimisng BusqGOAT is a bit harsh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:12 pm

That it happens in Spanish football doesn't make it less despicable.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:14 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:That it happens in Spanish football doesn't make it less despicable.

Well the Englis see it differntly. It's called being clever in Spain. Cultural difference. Just stop picking on one player. Most players do it in every Spanish Game. Barcelona might do it the most because the ac=verage 70% possession.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:31 pm

jibers wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:Busquets deserves any ill words that comes his way. He has earned every bit of it. It's one thing to to do some clever gamesmenship in big / important games as most teams do but he does it when were winning by 5 goals too against Gijon and the likes.

Even you don't believe this mate. Come on, one thing to bring his morality into question, but this? Toure left Barcelona very defensively insecure with his forward runs and Barcelona weren't punished in 09. He didn't listen to Pep's instructions. Busquets might act like a scumbag sometimes but he is a great footballer. Guardiola wasn't clean himself and it happnes in Spanish football, victimisng BusqGOAT is a bit harsh.

I have said Yaya is better then Busquets for pretty much ever, even when Busquests didn't have this reputation. People seem to forget Yaya was the DM on the best Barca team and club football team ever IMO and brings way more to the table then Busquets does.

All of us Barca fans were surprised a couple games ago when Sergio shot the ball because his game has gotten so static. Yaya can play pretty much any position on the field and people forget he played defense in the CL final against a front 3 of Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney and dominated.

The man is a one man wrecking ball in midfield and and helped us out way more in set pieces (our weakest part to our game) then Sergio does and in La Liga he was so much bigger and stronger then everyone that he intimidated other teams every game.

Not to mention it's not even close, Yaya is 10 times better going forward and when teams park the bus against us he is way more of an asset to help us score then Sergio ever was just from his forward runs alone.

Sergio is great at what he does, but that is all he does. Yaya offers so much more. Some don't agree with me but I don't really care. I said from the day we got rid of Yaya we would regret it and IMO we have.

And why in the world are you bringing Pep into this? What are you suggesting? Pep also said his worst mistake at Barca was getting rid of Yaya.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:36 pm

He doesn't seem to say it as an insult, more of a compliment. Wenger obviously believes there's nothing wrong with it, too.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:38 pm

So when Barca dives, and Coaches notice, they get PRAISED for it. SMH :facepalm:
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:40 pm

At Barca we are always honest.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:41 pm

It wasn't a praise imo, he wanted to say it in a "Honest" manner. Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:46 pm

"So when Barca dives, and Coaches notice, they get PRAISED for it. SMH "

"At Barca we are always honest."

What are you guys trying to say by these posts? Do you want Barca fans to kill Wenger for speaking the truth? I don't really get it?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next