Le Samourai
The Franchise
BarcaKizz
32 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Martin Montoya - Page 3 Empty Re: Martin Montoya

Post by Madvillain Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:46 pm

Great for him and he deserves it. Will have to battle it out with Azpilicueta and Carvajal to be Spain's no. 1 RB, but I am confident he'll be able to grap that position. Damn, Spain just keeps on producing quality players...

Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:11 am

I haven't watched Azpilicueta for a long time but he was very good back in his Osasuna days. I'm sure there's a good reason behind why Chelsea have signed him.

Montoya, too, when I first watched him a couple of years ago I thought he was one of the more talented players in Barça B, along with the Alcântara brothers, Jonathan, Sergi Roberto and Cuenca. I certainly rate him both offensively and defensively even though he hasn't convinced me in 1 on 1 battles.

Among the players that didn't impress me back then were Tello, Deulofeu and Fontás and my opinion of them has not changed much since then.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:02 pm

danyjr wrote:I haven't watched Azpilicueta for a long time but he was very good back in his Osasuna days. I'm sure there's a good reason behind why Chelsea have signed him.

Montoya, too, when I first watched him a couple of years ago I thought he was one of the more talented players in Barça B, along with the Alcântara brothers, Jonathan, Sergi Roberto and Cuenca. I certainly rate him both offensively and defensively even though he hasn't convinced me in 1 on 1 battles.

Among the players that didn't impress me back then were Tello, Deulofeu and Fontás and my opinion of them has not changed much since then.

Isaac Cuenca impressed you in his only 6 games with the B? Ah... these people that doesn't even watch the B yet they claim they do...
You should watch the B now, and surely your opinion on Deulofeu would change. Well, note surely, because you are stubborn, but he is the best player with Rafinha by far.
(And I also think Tello has proved quite enough to consider him like a good youngster now).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:54 pm

Deulofeu and Rafinha played for Barca B two years ago? hmm
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:11 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:Deulofeu and Rafinha played for Barca B two years ago? hmm

No, they didn't. Another touche.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:07 pm

I was talking about Montoya so cut the crap.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:59 pm

[quote="free_cat"]
danyjr wrote:Isaac Cuenca impressed you in his only 6 games with the B? Ah... these people that doesn't even watch the B yet they claim they do...
You should watch the B now, and surely your opinion on Deulofeu would change. Well, note surely, because you are stubborn, but he is the best player with Rafinha by far.
(And I also think Tello has proved quite enough to consider him like a good youngster now).
I don't need to watch even 6 games to see if a player's 'got it' or not. In fact I probably watched 3 of Montoya's matches but that'll do for me. Plus, I think he appeared in either pre-season/Copa matches a couple of seasons ago, I could be wrong though.

Deulofeu? Don't get me wrong, I think he has potential but there are many youngsters around the world that we thought they could be big and didn't. Deulofeu looks like one of them to me. Maybe he can prove me wrong, but his skills aside, I don't like his attitude.

And regarding Tello, he's a poor man's Walcott at best.

PS: I have watched plenty of Barcelona B matches, contrary to what you claim.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:49 am

Got the call up and he might even start though I'm sure Juanfran has also been selected so be another game watching from the sidelines...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:08 am

Sorry to bump a sort of an "old" thread, but Montoya has been linked to Liverpool by some well respected tabloids so we do have genuine interest, although I'm not sure he's a main target.

His contract obviously expires in 7 months time and I think we're trying to exploit that.

My question to you people, is if he's any good. Reading back in this thread, everybody seemed to rate him as a decent player but he hasn't played much this season (he's been a back-up to Alba, no?). And what type of player is he? I'm certain he's more attacking minded than he is at defensive duties.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:17 am

Red Alert wrote:Sorry to bump a sort of an "old" thread, but Montoya has been linked to Liverpool by some well respected tabloids so we do have genuine interest, although I'm not sure he's a main target.

His contract obviously expires in 7 months time and I think we're trying to exploit that.

My question to you people, is if he's any good. Reading back in this thread, everybody seemed to rate him as a decent player but he hasn't played much this season (he's been a back-up to Alba, no?). And what type of player is he? I'm certain he's more attacking minded than he is at defensive duties.
No, he is a backup to Alves. He is a right footed right back. Would be stupid for him to move to Liverpool where he will be a backup to Glen Johnson.

He is a tidy player with a well balanced attacking and defensive game. Very good on the overlap and crossing. He is quite quick and has a decent dribling. His main weakness is defensive 1 on 1, he gets beaten too easily. Good positioning and decent aerial game compared to our other full backs.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:29 am

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

I think we're interested in him because of his versatility. Enrique is out for 4-5 months with an ACL, and Glen Johnson has also struggled with injuries in the past. I'm sure he'll get his chances if he does arrive, so I don't think playing games would be a problem for him. I think he'll get more of a chance at Liverpool than he is at Barcelona, but I'm just wondering if he's good enough.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:34 am

Red Alert wrote:Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.  

I think we're interested in him because of his versatility. Enrique is out for 4-5 months with an ACL, and Glen Johnson has also struggled with injuries in the past. I'm sure he'll get his chances if he does arrive, so I don't think playing games would be a problem for him. I think he'll get more of a chance at Liverpool than he is at Barcelona, but I'm just wondering if he's good enough.
He isn't better than Glen Johnson and as a left back he loses all his ofensive game, that as explained is one of his best assets (overlapping and crossing) so again, stupid move for him.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:37 am

Glen Johnson could always play on the left hand side for us though. Glen Johnson after all is probably better at LB than he is at RB. Which would mean Montoya could play on the right hand side.

I'm certain I also saw Montoya on the left hand side this season and did quite well.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:44 pm

I don't think Montoya is good enough to be a starting RB at a club like Liverpool, who are looking to crack the top 4. At least, not presently.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:10 pm

He probably is good enough. There are worse RB than him in top 4 contenders in the premier. Like Walker, Ivanovic (not even a full back), Zabaleta is not that great....

And Montoya is at that perfect age when a run of games usually makes you explode and improve dramatically.

If Glen Johnson is to play left back and they show us the money I'm not against the move, anyway he'll leave next summer most likely because we don't give him enough chances.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:53 pm

I actually thought that Montoya played left-Back better than right back when I used to pay attention to his performances.We wont let him go though,Alves is like Johnson in Injuries and we dont have anyone even remotely capable of playing RB.Atleast Liverpool have Flanagan and Henderson and frequently play 3-4-3.We got no one,Alves too is already out injured.So we need him alot more than 'Pool.

He's not good enough to start too over Johnson too,He'd probably start for Prem teams like Everton.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:29 pm

free_cat wrote:He probably is good enough. There are worse RB than him in top 4 contenders in the premier. Like Walker, Ivanovic (not even a full back), Zabaleta is not that  great....
He was City's best player last season, now he's not as good as Montoya? Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:43 pm

I wouldn't even want Montoya, so i have no idea why Liverpool do.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:15 pm

free_cat wrote:He probably is good enough. There are worse RB than him in top 4 contenders in the premier. Like Walker, Ivanovic (not even a full back), Zabaleta is not that  great....
rofl

Dat insanity though :bow:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:24 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
He was City's best player last season, now he's not as good as Montoya? Laughing
No, he wasn't. He is Argentine and a mediocre player with great attitude and work rate, which makes him be overated.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:46 am

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree here. Zabaleta is a great RB. Definitely one of City's best players last season, if not the best.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:01 am

Zabaleta is pretty damn good. I wouldn't call him over rated at all. If he's inconsistent this season, then the finger must be pointed at the team as a whole. It seems like all of City has off days or good days this season. Might have to do with them adjusting to Pelligrini, but that by no means makes Zaba bad. Dude's solid
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:33 am

free_cat wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
No, he wasn't. He is Argentine and a mediocre player with great attitude and work rate, which makes him be overated.
Take it up with City's fans, who voted him as such:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/team-news/2013/june/zabaleta-named-player-of-the-year
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:26 am

Zabaleta is really good and a reason why that right flank is usually very solid. He has been great this season but has been injured too much imo. If we didn't have Carvajal I wouldn't think twice before buying him

it's a damn shame montoya isn't a left back because premier league really lack good left backs in nearly all teams
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:15 am

Montoya has asked Barcelona to leave. His agent met today with sports director Zubizarreta. Player wants permanent deal. [md tv3]

Can someone explain why he is being frozen out like this? People might not rate him and that's fine but he doesn't even make the 18 men squads and Lucho basically told him to GTFO in a presser. Even Douglas is ahead of him. Is he a worse talent than Sergi Roberto who got a contract renewal and gets playing time here and there with the club rejecting to sign Kroos to not hinder his development?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:55 am

Things are falling apart.

I don't rate Montoya either, but the fact is we WILL need him next season. Alves will be gone, and Adriano can't play for shit on the right plus is always injured. Adama has never even played as a rwb. What are we just going to hope Douglas can carry us the entire season?!?

I mean freezing Montoya out now makes zero to no sense. They should just start to incorporate him more and then when the transfer ban is lifted, then get rid of him. Especially with how badly Alves has been playing as of late, would make sense to pass the torch and have Alves as the back up.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next