Quinten Metsys
Ali
urbaNRoots
Highburied
Sri
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Where the problems lie.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Where the problems lie.

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:48 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

Man I miss this guy. Sad

How many chances did our players threw away in this video? lol

Sorry to bring negativity Laughing Jack is amazing, and we miss him badly Crying or Very sad

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:11 am

It's hard to be ultra critical of Wenger when we don't know if there is money available or how much money is available.

Of course a club will never come out pre-season or in January and say "We have X amount to spend" but would be nice to hear some kind of hint.

But when Wenger says "I would spend £30m even £40m on a player, if I found the right player" - it's hard not to think there is money available.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:16 am

Why is Wenger so stingy, i know you have to be cautious but ffs we are a top four club Mad
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:23 am

If you by Gazidis' recent comments then Wenger does have some money available. I believe he said he didn't know where the notion that the board were somehow holding him back came from, and that Wenger was always the one to choose what he did with the funds he had.

Of course you can interpret those comments as the board covering their tracks or passing on the blame, but when you consider the notorious stubborness of Wenger what Gazidis and other board members have said actually makes a lot of sense.

If this is the case though you have to wonder why the board doesn't put more pressure on Wenger to spend. The man is very wise with the money, sure, but sometimes you have to push a little to get better results. Wenger's record of signing good players speaks for itself but I think in the last half a decade or so he's lost his touch a bit.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:32 am

gunnerlistick wrote:Why is Wenger so stingy, i know you have to be cautious but ffs we are a top four club Mad

That's because he must prove his point (or philosophy), principle & flexibility do not go hand in hand.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:43 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Seriously your complaining about being 7th in the table? listen to yourselfs saying you dont see the point in supporting your football club because you are underperforming.......

May i remind you that you are only 5 points behind Chelsea who play Utd at the weekend and you are home to Blackburn( who we just beat without half a team ffs)

Again there is 16 games left theres more than enough time to turn this around.

I shudder to think what would happen here if you got relegated Laughing

You have been spoiled that much is obvious and now your struggling to be loyal to the team you support.

To quote one of your greats.......

"I really like Arsenal. But you, do you really like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp

I will always like Arsenal even if they struggle with relegation, the players and club must show their heart and determination on the pitch though, so far I've seen very little of those on the pitch, you would know so if you watched last couple of matches. Maybe I'm being dramatic but 2nd half of Bolton match, all I saw was our players giving up.

My 1st team is Parma, they went through lots of shit, from European giant to deep end of toilet in matter of 3 years, but one of the best memories I have is them fighting in Serie B with all young & unknown players. Sure they played crappy football but with heart, celebrated like mad men in front of 5 thousand fans.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Bump.

I still think its our midfield which is letting our defense and our attack down.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:50 pm

Our midefild not only are not creating they are also not tracking back to help the defence.

Walcott always looks lost, its hard to play top teams when 2 or 3 players not showing up.

I think its time to bring in Podolski and let Walcott go, no one is bigger than Arsenal.

If Walcott wants to sit on the bench then he can stay but not for 80k a week.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Add the person on the right and left of RVP and I totally agree. But our mid field is one of the weaker in the EPL. Not good on defense and not good on offense.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:11 pm

I actually think Walcott and Gervinho and Arshavin and .......... will all be performing much better if the midfield was any better.

Not saying Song or Arteta or Ramsey or Rosicky are individually bad. But there is definitely a problem in how they perform as a unit.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:34 pm

srigooner wrote:I actually think Walcott and Gervinho and Arshavin and .......... will all be performing much better if the midfield was any better.

Not saying Song or Arteta or Ramsey or Rosicky are individually bad. But there is definitely a problem in how they perform as a unit.

This Where the problems lie.  - Page 3 3176931354

Definitely, and our lack of a real spark is killing us, Song provides it sometimes but he's not a consistent playmaker because of how deep he's supposed to be playing. Arteta would be a better one but he too is too good defensively and as a control to place ahead. Rozza is very mobile up front but his through balls are found lacking. Once again, I think Arsha would be perfect for this role but Wenger refuses to scan GL for my opinions Where the problems lie.  - Page 3 1625187496
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3