Great Leader Sprucenuce
schwarzgelb
guest7
Ali
Gil
151 posters

Page 6 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next

Go down

How highly do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 6 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Le Samourai Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:26 pm

Yea his positional sense isn't his greatest asset,you need to play there for a while to gain a better sense of where you are and where you need to be , what spaces you need to occupy and when.

@Che...that Valencia game was the worst of the season and it's no coincidence it came against Soladado.He's one of the few strikers in the leauge who makes those runs which exploit one of the key structural flaws in Ramos' game.

If you g back to the CL game between Barca and Madrid you'll see the exact same goal from Messi, he leaves wayy too much space in front of him while waiting for the cross because he's trying to maximize his chances of actually getting it when it comes to him, but as soon as he sees it coming in low, he needs to pursue it rather than simply wait.

I have no doubts it'll happen again and again until he learns his lesson.

The people saying he's the best CB in the history of both clubs etc etc , you are quite plainly wrong.

However, right now, he is enjoying one of the best seasons as a Cb I have personally seen from any Real Madrid defender( not a huge accomplishment) or any defender for that matter.The latter is an accomplishment though I have to stress that's from what I've seen ie...Terry 07-08, Vidic the past couple of seasons....I don't watch Thiago Silva with any sort of regularity so no comment. ...there.....Lucio 09-10, Puyol 08-10.

That's where it stacks up for me comparatively at the moment though he would need some degree of team success to validate such comparisons.

>The main thing about Ramos is that he makes the rest of the defense better.It's the noticeable difference between him and other defenders from Real Madrid.While he lacks a bit of positional sense for himself, he is pretty astute when it comes to directing others and his communication with all the other defenders is what keeps the defense in sync.

So while he is caught out a lot , he also prevents other players from being caught out as often as they should be

That's apart from his other obvious qualities of course, but I have no interest on harping on those since they're all quite apparent.It's quite easy to dissect his game, the flaws are obvious, the strengths are obvious....if you don't see them you're blind.

His attacking qualites...ie his long passing which I think is excellent and others think is average is debatable so no point in going into them.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 6 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by II Capitano Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:29 pm

El Pipita wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
El Pipita wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
El Pipita wrote:Ramos positional sense is not so good. what makes him a reliable CB is his quickness in anticipating moves, great physical abilities and good passing.

I rate him highly but his style is unorthodox compared to other type of CBs.

I disagree. Ramos' positional sense is second to none, and if it wasn't so good then Real Madrid would have leaked in more goals this season, which obviously hasn't been the case. Since we first seen Ramos explode onto the scene, it was quite clear that his dominant position was centre-back, but it was funny watching him play as a right back because he would get beaten by some mediocre wingers, although he was solid at times. As a centre-back, no one stands a chance against him, apart from the Barcelona players. Copa del Rey final last season, Ramos destroyed Barcelona. This season, he has been the best centre-back in the league, hands down.

I could name at least 3 CB with better positional sense than him. Ramos is decent at it but he sometimes gets caught out of position.
That doesn't really mean much though, that just means that there are players with a better understanding regarding positioning than Ramos, but it doesn't mean he has a poor sense of positional sense, so your point is invalid, mate. I would say, by default, Puyol, Vidic and Thiago Silva have a better positional sense.

Reading comprehension ? i've never said he's poor at positioning, i've said he's not that good that you guys makes him to be, like you said "Ramos positional sense is second to none", are you saying he's better than Thiago Silva, Vidic, Nesta at it ?

Don't use that sh*t on me, you clearly have a reading comprehension problem. Fair enough, but no need to get butthurt and come at me like that, bruv, innit, lmao. And can you read? I said those three have a better positional sense than Ramos. I can see Ronaldo is second to none at scoring, but does that mean he is better than Messi? Your logic is weird, you make me cringe tbh.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:46 pm

Gladiator wrote:
El Pipita wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
El Pipita wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
El Pipita wrote:Ramos positional sense is not so good. what makes him a reliable CB is his quickness in anticipating moves, great physical abilities and good passing.

I rate him highly but his style is unorthodox compared to other type of CBs.

I disagree. Ramos' positional sense is second to none, and if it wasn't so good then Real Madrid would have leaked in more goals this season, which obviously hasn't been the case. Since we first seen Ramos explode onto the scene, it was quite clear that his dominant position was centre-back, but it was funny watching him play as a right back because he would get beaten by some mediocre wingers, although he was solid at times. As a centre-back, no one stands a chance against him, apart from the Barcelona players. Copa del Rey final last season, Ramos destroyed Barcelona. This season, he has been the best centre-back in the league, hands down.

I could name at least 3 CB with better positional sense than him. Ramos is decent at it but he sometimes gets caught out of position.
That doesn't really mean much though, that just means that there are players with a better understanding regarding positioning than Ramos, but it doesn't mean he has a poor sense of positional sense, so your point is invalid, mate. I would say, by default, Puyol, Vidic and Thiago Silva have a better positional sense.

Reading comprehension ? i've never said he's poor at positioning, i've said he's not that good that you guys makes him to be, like you said "Ramos positional sense is second to none", are you saying he's better than Thiago Silva, Vidic, Nesta at it ?

Don't use that sh*t on me, you clearly have a reading comprehension problem. Fair enough, but no need to get butthurt and come at me like that, bruv, innit, lmao. And can you read? I said those three have a better positional sense than Ramos. I can see Ronaldo is second to none at scoring, but does that mean he is better than Messi? Your logic is weird, you make me cringe tbh.

So why you said his postional sense is second to none while disregardring your own word by naming players with a better postional sense lol. sir, you're the one that have reading comprehension.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:56 pm

There are atleast 10 defenders out there better than Ramos his positioning is horrible and without that which is a big part the basics of defending he can't get much better nor can he be regarded as one of the best...the fact that he has been rated so highly this season while players like barzagli get so little recognition for showing so much more is sad.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:58 pm

Gladiator wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I have avoided this thread for good reason, but I just have to say, I cant believe the day Ramos is actually doing quite good but still being vastly overrated has arrived.

You wouldn't expect a Barcelona fan to give praise to the best centre-back in the history of both clubs, eh. Seriously though, to me, it seems as though Pique has suffered and degraded in quality, whereas Ramos has improved and shown how great a centre-back he has. Obviously, there's bound to be those who overrate him, so you have a case.

And, che, just leave the thread and never come back, I can't take you seriously.

Maybe Pique's no frills consistency is just getting overlooked, I dont know.

Ramos has more more errors the last 2 games than Pique has the last 10 I would guess.

I have no problem with people recognising Ramos is no longer a liability, thats cool and all but some of the comments are just funny.

Positional sense 2nd to none...best CB in Spain...best ball playing CB in Spain...can play any where on the field (that one from Zeal isnt technically wrong but still).

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:03 pm

i thought sergio ramos was pretty good at the wc. he's a good player.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:07 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I have avoided this thread for good reason, but I just have to say, I cant believe the day Ramos is actually doing quite good but still being vastly overrated has arrived.

You wouldn't expect a Barcelona fan to give praise to the best centre-back in the history of both clubs, eh. Seriously though, to me, it seems as though Pique has suffered and degraded in quality, whereas Ramos has improved and shown how great a centre-back he has. Obviously, there's bound to be those who overrate him, so you have a case.

And, che, just leave the thread and never come back, I can't take you seriously.

Ramos has more more errors the last 2 games than Pique has the last 10 I would guess.

I have no problem with people recognising Ramos is no longer a liability, thats cool and all but some of the comments are just funny.

Positional sense 2nd to none...best CB in Spain...best ball playing CB in Spain...can play any where on the field (that one from Zeal isnt technically wrong but still).

Best Centre Back in Spain this season.................

Anyway....I will wait till the end of the season to restart our discussion on this particular topic lol.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:03 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Gladiator wrote:

Yeah, fair point, I did exaggerate about his positional sense, but merely to get my point across, as some were describing his positional sense as poor, which really isn't the case. No one said he is the best centre-back in Spain, but the best centre-back in Spain this season. Honestly, if you take a look at Pique's performances compared to Ramos', the latter wins purely because of the consistency he has conveyed this season. That's just my opinion, although you can't really blame people for overrating him, we're talking about a player, prior to this season, who hasn't really got going. I just can't fathom posters, like El Pipita, who bring up other players who have a better positional sense, it's like no one actually cares, it doesn't make Ramos any of a lesser player, to be honest.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:30 pm

Gladiator wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Gladiator wrote:

I just can't fathom posters, like El Pipita, who bring up other players who have a better positional sense, it's like no one actually cares, it doesn't make Ramos any of a lesser player, to be honest.

You obviously have a problem. i brought up other players because i thought the argument that "Ramos positional sense is second to none" is invalid. there are many CB with better positional sense than him and saying it doesn't make Ramos any less of a player just as overrating him like you do doesn't make him a better player.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:22 pm

Just scored a wonderful header to back up my claim he is top 3 in the world when it comes to heading the ball. :coffee:
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:30 pm

I dont think many would argue about his ability in the air, he has major springs. I odnt think he is the most accurate header of the ball out there but as a defender thats normal.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:39 pm

Ramos's aerial game is way above a typical defender. Imo he is the best headerer of the ball of all defenders. Maybe I might be missing someone, but I actually think he is.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:50 pm

Dont know about that. Vidic is at least as accurate, for me more so. He got 5 headed goals last season.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:51 pm

vidic and terry and maybe bruno alves
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:57 pm

Shame, how can I forget Bruno Alves. He is number 1, saw more than enough at Porto to confirm that.

He has a jump equal to anyone and accuracy to go with it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:00 pm

Bruno Alves probably. I don't rate Vidic higher at heading.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:01 pm

Fantastic header, along with Ronaldo, Ramos is one of the best headers of the ball in the league.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:01 pm

Ramos got 6 header goals already Very Happy

Best headerer of the ball imo
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:03 pm

6 for his career?

Vidic got 5 last season.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:09 pm

I think he has 39 goals in his career.

Don't know how many were headers though.........
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:12 pm

Robert huth scored 9 headers in a season.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:25 pm

He got sent off today. I say it because it was very much a "La Liga red", duno if you saw it.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:36 pm

saw Cisse's red which was a joke but havnt seen huth's yet
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:41 pm

Slowly but surely, its getting softer. Huth made contact in his slide, in La Liga, auto red, just like today.

But he did back out of the slide and did avoid contact with his feet, didnt mean anything to the ref.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:51 pm

MOTM today.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:56 pm

Sergio Ramos ended the game with 12 clearances on his own, the rest of the Real Madrid squad could only manage 7 combined!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next