Ganso
pUsHa
McLewis
MJ
37 posters

Page 12 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next

Go down

Who did you choose as Male Shepard?

Mass Effect Thread  - Page 12 Vote_lcap28%Mass Effect Thread  - Page 12 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 5 ]
Mass Effect Thread  - Page 12 Vote_lcap17%Mass Effect Thread  - Page 12 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 3 ]
Mass Effect Thread  - Page 12 Vote_lcap28%Mass Effect Thread  - Page 12 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 5 ]
Mass Effect Thread  - Page 12 Vote_lcap17%Mass Effect Thread  - Page 12 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 3 ]
Mass Effect Thread  - Page 12 Vote_lcap10%Mass Effect Thread  - Page 12 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 18

Mass Effect Thread  - Page 12 Empty Re: Mass Effect Thread

Post by M99 Thu 03 Mar 2016, 18:42

IMO RDR is coming out in September and Cyberpunk in 2018.

Spoiler:

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 03 Mar 2016, 18:45

I'm convinced Cyberpunk is 2017 bound as CDPR are confirmed to be at E3 and they'll show a trailer for Cyberpunk.

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu 03 Mar 2016, 18:52

No way RDR is coming out in 2017, Cyberpuke on the other hand might be plausible
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 03 Mar 2016, 18:59

ES wrote:No way RDR is coming out in 2017, Cyberpuke on the other hand might be plausible

Brah pls stahp with dat hate, also i think it's possible as RDR came out in 2010 and Red Dead games are made by a different team from GTA.

It's not like they started developing it when GTA 5 was done, we all know it's in developement it's just a question of when and will get announced this year IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu 03 Mar 2016, 19:04

I wonder what they will name the game. I hope its not Red Dead Redemption 2. Very possible they will name it Redemption 2 because of casuals being confused if it is the same series if they name it something else. There are a lot of words with R's that they can use for like ten games so no danger of running out either.

Red Dead Rebellion, Revenge, Renegade, Retribution, Republic, Rising, Revolution, Reckoning, Rapture, Resurrection, Retribution, Regret, Revelations
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 03 Mar 2016, 19:12

Rockstar don't do direct sequels, so i'm convinced it will be named Red Dead: Insert name here.

Not worried about that, most people just call it Red Dead anyway. Rockstar's name and their marketing will attract the casuals as per usual.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed 30 Mar 2016, 12:20

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-30-mass-effect-andromeda-marketing-survey-leaks

We're going to be the aliens. hmm
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 30 Mar 2016, 12:26

Can't wait tbh, although it reads like Colonialism and while it sounds awesome I have concerns about Bioware's writers of today to pull it off.

Pls be awesome.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed 30 Mar 2016, 14:29

AMazing changes, just what i wanted, more exploration, less characters more characte development, strike missions seem akin to MGS5, MAKO Upgrades!!

Seems like they're straying away from ME3's ending, which is understandable considering the response to thta.

Settlements i'm not to sure of, if its like F4, its going to be shit, cba to defend a crap settlement that serves nothing. However, in tandem with strike teams, it could be interesting.

New races :bow:

Horde mode looks like it'll be fun if its anything like GoW

Overall pleased, but still cautiously optimistic, considering a couple of lead writers left over the past few months. One of my biggest concerns lies inherently with the paragon/renegade system, sometimes i want to go renegade on an asshole but i don't have enough renegade points to trigger that dialogue option (since its a paragon playthrough) and vice versa, hopefully they can fix that. Essentially, if you start paragon, you're expected to stick through and through, it'll be a staple of ur playthrough, kinda don't like that tbh, wish i have freedom or leeway to change throughout instead of being goody mr 2 shoes all the time
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 30 Mar 2016, 14:45

I hate Paragon and Renegade in general tbh, would much rather a more grey way of storytelling and decision marking.

I wouldn't worry about the writers leaving though, happens all the time that when a writers job is done they leave as writing is probably the first thing you get done and out of the way tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed 30 Mar 2016, 14:57

Maybe so, i really hope it turns out great, can't wait to boot it up and hear this beaut

btw, can mods make the poll visible to see who romanced who hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat 02 Apr 2016, 16:36

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun 03 Apr 2016, 04:51

Holy shit, that jetpack :bow:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu 02 Jun 2016, 21:16

Mass Effect Thread  - Page 12 UzKRFbD
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 15 Jun 2016, 14:43

From reddit.

EA Play Trailer
-The new ship is called the Tempest. It's small enough to land on planets
-Asari, Salarians, Krogan etc are all in Andromeda
-The Mako has a boost feature
-Biotics are back
-You can switch shoulders during combat
-Facial animations are smoother/more detailed
-There is more than one Ark
-Before leaving, the Arks were located above Earth
-Passengers on the Ark have been kept in some kind of stasis during the journey. Female character is first to wake up

Mac Walters (YouTube Live at E3)
-Characters are a huge focus, Frostbite allows them to create more detailed characters
-The dialogue system will be familiar but they want to push the envelope with new mechanics
-There will be an 'evolution' of the morality system
-The protagonist's name is Ryder
-The woman at the end of the EA Play video is a FemRyder
-The goal of this game is to move forward. There will be callbacks to the trilogy however
-Ryder has a family. This family ties into the storyline (Maybe siblings, parents etc)
-ME3 multiplayer was a surprising success but they understand that fans didn't like how it tied into the single player, aims to improve this
-Development in the game is in the final stretch, they only want to show stuff that's totally finished and polished
-The Mako is the only vehicle in the game

Polygon and IGN interviews with Mac Walters/Aaryn Flynn
-Mass Effect 3's ending and your decisions won't affect Andromeda
-Relationships and romances will be more realistic
-Friendships and romances will take into account character temperaments. Some may be harder to talk to.
-Romance won't be limited to checking in a few times, then getting a romance scene.
-Mass Effect Andromeda is a story about becoming a hero
-The characters will be much younger and untested, drawing from themes of feeling out of depth or like an outcast
-Humanity are the aliens this time, it's the story of a stranger in a strange land
-BioWare are aiming for a character that is more than just a typical space marine, someone who recognises the impact their presence is having
-Instead of your character already knowing a lot about the Galaxy like Shepard, you're going to be discovering all of this stuff with them
-You won't have the kind of support Shepard would have. You're not exactly a Spectre this time
-The story of the game will be more personal this time, even though the scale is still grand
-The trilogy will act as a foundational background, but won't be a focus. There will be explainations for new players on what Krogans are, what mass effect field are etc.
-The trilogy was about a cinematic, grand, space opera with a titular character. With Andromeda they want to move away from this
-Instead of saying "You are this person" it's about saying "This is your role and this is the way you can play it"
-Andromeda will still be a human centric story, as it gives the player a foothold in the alien narrative
-In ME1, humans found themselves to be the underdogs in a larger galaxy, and this is ultimately a core theme of Mass Effect, not just the trilogy
-BioWare kept trying to solve the vehicle problem in the trilogy, but this time they've made it a core focus and tried to fix it early in development
-The online component will have no impact on the main story this time. There will be more positive ties between the singleplayer and multiplayer
-The core elements of branching dialogue, relationship building, exploration etc will remain intact
-Andromeda will feel like you're playing Mass Effect for the first time, as the setting/characters are new and unfamiliar, yet nostalgic to returning fans

Yanick Roy (Studio Director)
-RPG elements are of course still there, allowing the player to control the story their way
-BioWare aren't worried about moving on from Shepard, they believe that as long as all the core elements of Mass Effect are there, people will play it
-There will be companions with 'loyalty' missions and new ways to get to know them
-The multiplayer will be similar to ME3's but with more freedom, dynamic gameplay and 'chaos'
-There will be more customisation than we've seen before. We can "own" our environments
-Andromeda is their biggest game ever. Exploration is a major factor, similar to what they tried to achieve in ME1
-Planets will have essentially one biome, inspired by planets from things like Star Wars
-There will be different ways to communicate with the races of Andromeda. Diplomacy, aggressiveness, combat etc
-The order in which you do quests/talk to people may also influence opinion of you and humanity
-We will be able to choose male/female, but they want to go a little bit further with this. More details to come soon
-The female Ryder isn't exactly the default face. There is a bit of a twist this time around but they can't say more yet
-The protagonist's role will be vast, their goal is to find a new home for humanity and the other races accompanying them, requiring a character of many qualities
-There will be references to the trilogy, but not so much as to flood new players with information
-The way the translators will understand the languages of the Andromeda species will be explained
Aaryn Flynn (PlayStation Access and Inside Playstation)
-The trip to Andromeda has taken a really really long time (hundereds of years)
-The game draws parallels to today's space exploration advancements/themes
-The N7 character has nothing to do with Shepard
-New species. Some old, some new, some completely mysterious
-Choices will affect the species you encounter
-Planetary exploration is essentially the same mechanic as ME1, but much MUCH bigger/better with more freedom
-There's much more to the Tempest than meets the eye
-The 'Ark' is a huge part of the story, not just where Ryder wakes up
-Main character will be human, you can choose to play as a male/female Ryder
-There is a sense of continuity in the Mass Effect universe, despite starting fresh in a new Galaxy
-Mass Effect Andromeda is story/characters first, then with a large focus on seamless loading, exploration
-Frostbite has forced them to rebuild everything from the ground up, it's a clean slate in more ways than one
-Mass Effect VR is a possibility
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed 15 Jun 2016, 20:20

Good shit
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri 22 Jul 2016, 18:55

Just waiting for: "Hey Ryder, we've got word of a settlement that needs your help. I'll mark it on your map for you."
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri 22 Jul 2016, 19:43

This game has given me so many amazing moments that i just can't easily forget, so i recently started another playthrough of the trilogy to get warmed up for the Andromeda. gotta say this though, Mass Effect 1 has aged really bad, everything from gameplay to graphic looks outdated, i'm trying to finish it fast and get to ME2 asap, that's where all the good stuff are at.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri 22 Jul 2016, 20:09

Pedram wrote:This game has given me so many amazing moments that i just can't easily forget, so i recently started another playthrough of the trilogy to get warmed up for the Andromeda. gotta say this though, Mass Effect 1 has aged really bad, everything from gameplay to graphic looks outdated, i'm trying to finish it fast and get to ME2 asap, that's where all the good stuff are at.

Actually did the same. Finished ME1 really quickly, 15 hours or so. ME2 looks so much better it's scary. But ME1 came out in 2007, mind you. That was some cutting edge shit for 2007 Laughing

Really excited for Andromeda. It's motivated me to finish ME3, which I never have. I just played most of it, read the shite endings and said 'meh'. Gonna play through it now with the extended cut and citadel DLCs.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat 23 Jul 2016, 11:51

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat 23 Jul 2016, 13:38

Vigil still gives me full body goosebumps. Andromeda better play that track for the intro.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat 23 Jul 2016, 13:44

This music gives me so much chills, i could listen to it all day.

Also this after you finish Mass Effect 1.

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat 23 Jul 2016, 21:19

That ME1 ending song :bow: Proud
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun 24 Jul 2016, 01:33

Idk man, I've played Skyrim, KotOR, Fallout etc but Mass Effect is in a league of its own. This is a special type of RPG.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat 30 Jul 2016, 22:30

Playing through it again, just realizing how much more stock the writers put into Liara's character than some others. It's clear she was a bit of a favorite.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun 31 Jul 2016, 17:44

They were building her up to be the next Shadow Broker, play the DLC if you haven't
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next