ErPupone
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Roma to buy Borini - Page 2 Empty Re: Roma to buy Borini

Post by McLewis Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:52 am

Borini set to net Italy call-up
By Football Italia staff

The Gazzetta dello Sport is today claiming that Fabio Borini of Roma will be included in the next Italy squad.

The Azzurri face America in a friendly on February 29 and the striker could be selected given the injuries to Antonio Cassano, Giuseppe Rossi and Antonio Di Natale.

Borini, still just 20 and an Italian Under-21 international, has never been called up to the full squad before.

In 16 games across all competitions so far this season, he has netted seven goals for Luis Enrique’s side.

The paper also suggests that Borini’s place in the Under-21 squad will be taken by Milan’s Stephan El Shaarawy for their friendly against France next week.

It is also being claimed that El Shaarawy will be selected by Prandelli for a two-day training retreat later in the season.

Palermo’s Argentine-born defender Matias Silvestre could also be looked at when the tactician holds a defenders retreat before Euro 2012.

Prandelli will name his squad for the Genoa game on Sunday afternoon.

Blog: In the shoes of Prandelli. With a friendly against America next week, Antonio Labbate considers some of the new faces pushing for a first call up to the Giro Azzurro.
--------------------------------

It was always a matter of time lol

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sukrut23 Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:55 am

I wasn't really excited about Borini joining us during the start of the season but whenever he has played he looked good and his form lately has been amazing :bow:

I'll still be sad seeing Okaka leave.
sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:56 pm

McLewis wrote:Borini set to net Italy call-up
By Football Italia staff

The Gazzetta dello Sport is today claiming that Fabio Borini of Roma will be included in the next Italy squad.

The Azzurri face America in a friendly on February 29 and the striker could be selected given the injuries to Antonio Cassano, Giuseppe Rossi and Antonio Di Natale.

Borini, still just 20 and an Italian Under-21 international, has never been called up to the full squad before.

In 16 games across all competitions so far this season, he has netted seven goals for Luis Enrique’s side.

The paper also suggests that Borini’s place in the Under-21 squad will be taken by Milan’s Stephan El Shaarawy for their friendly against France next week.

It is also being claimed that El Shaarawy will be selected by Prandelli for a two-day training retreat later in the season.

Palermo’s Argentine-born defender Matias Silvestre could also be looked at when the tactician holds a defenders retreat before Euro 2012.

Prandelli will name his squad for the Genoa game on Sunday afternoon.

Blog: In the shoes of Prandelli. With a friendly against America next week, Antonio Labbate considers some of the new faces pushing for a first call up to the Giro Azzurro.
--------------------------------

It was always a matter of time lol

Yeah, its his time now.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by romanista99 Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:41 pm

Well it's his time now because Di Natale is injured. Although if I was in Prandelli's place, I would of chosen in form Miccoli.. Borini will always be a great choice with his current form of having 7 goals in his last 15 or so games.

As for Borini overall, I never doubted his ability for a second. At his arrival to Roma, not many of you were excited from what I presume in reading the comments after his last minute transfer in the summer. Some were, even a non-romanista praised the move I believe, can't recall the fellow's name.

Great to see him get his chance and I'm sure he will do great with his super talented parnter Balotelli.

Good Luck!
Forza Borini!
romanista99
romanista99
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:25 pm

I wasn't against his arrival, I was just skeptical over his plying time. He had Totti, Osvaldo, Bojan, Lamela, Okaka, Borriello and Caprari to contend with. I knew he was a good talent but I wasn't sure that he was going to be able to break into the first team. Then, due to Totti, Lamela and Osvaldo's injuries, Borriello and Okaka's failure to gain Enrique's confidence and Bojan's inconsistency, he got his chances and took them well.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:36 pm

Borini thankful to Chelsea
By Football Italia staff

Roma striker Fabio Borini remains thankful to Chelsea even though he failed to emerge at Stamford Bridge.

The London club signed the striker while he was a teenager at Bologna in 2007. He left the Blues in the summer for Parma, on a Bosman, after no new contract was agreed.

“It’s easy to say now that Chelsea made a mistake in letting him go,” agent Marco De Marchi told Radio Calciomercato.

“However, myself and Fabio owe a lot to Chelsea and we thank them for helping the boy to grow in his career.

“Let’s just say that we are a little disappointed with the way it ended.”

The 20-year-old, following his move to Parma, was then sent out on loan to Roma. In January the Giallorossi signed 50 per cent of his contract.

The Italian Under-21 international has scored seven goals this season and could be included in the full Azzurri squad for the friendly against America next week.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Borinho :dance:
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)