Raptorgunner
Jay29
REWB
Iceman
Nehpets
28 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Is it time to replace Wenger ? Empty Is it time to replace Wenger ?

Post by Nehpets Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:36 pm

We all know his tactics:

. Only one formation can be played.

. Half time tactical substitutions are not allowed.

. If things are still going bad after half time ALWAYS wait until the 60th minute to make a substitution.

. The only tactical move you are allowed to make before the 60th minute is for the wide men to swap wings.

. If the opposition closes us down we can't pass.

. If the opposition sits back we can’t score.

You don't have to be Mourinho to work them out and other teams know this.

I mean today we were dominated in midfield for reasons and Wenger did nothing absolutely nothing nearly two thirds of the game by the time we were already losing. As a manager you surely can’t be so static and expect to win games.

I mean the team has weaknesses clearly but just ask yourself did the squad play to its full potential today? If the answer is no then it has to be Wenger's fault for perhaps picking the wrong players or just choosing the wrong tactics and i think it’s perhaps a bit of both. I simply think we could get another manager now who would be able to get more out of the team than Wenger is especially as many world class managers’ heads would be turned at the prospect of managing such a club.

I’ve always been pro Wenger and what he did even in between 2005 and 2009 when he was criticised I think was very impressive with the lack of money he had. However if you try to forget all of Wengers numerous achievements before 2008, if you imagine Wenger has only been at arsenal for the last 3 years and then ask yourself has he been good enough with the resources ( money, first team players, youth team players, training centre, coaches and stadium ) available ? The answer has to be no. I don't even think he would still have his job based on that. This means he’s surviving off his past successes and however good they are it’s not a good enough reason to keep any manager.

Either way I think it’s pretty clear that Rodgers gave Wenger a lesson today. Ferguson has managed to adapt with the game and managed to stay on top unlike Wenger who just seems to be the man who holds dearly to the things that used to work unwilling to adapt like the guy who has the same haircut from 1982 because it used to be cool.

Nehpets
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Is it time to replace Wenger ? Empty Re: Is it time to replace Wenger ?

Post by Iceman Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:40 pm

affraid
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nehpets Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:44 pm

I don't even know if i totally agree with what ive even said but i know part of me thinks this.

Nehpets
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:46 pm

i understand what your saying and this needs to be discussed seriously, but you cant do that on this arsenal forum because fans on here are too much up wenger ass to see any problems with what he does. if you think that wenger needs to go or change something with team, that automatically makes you ignorant.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:06 pm

How did Rodgers give Wenger a lesson today?

I can't believe you're criticising him for playing the wrong players when he had 14 first players out injured. No fit full backs, hit best centre back injured, his best centre midfielder injured, and one of the better wingers on international duty.

The altervatives were Squillaci, Yennaris, Rosicky and Park. Think about this for a moment.

Wenger made the right changes today. He took off Arshavin, brought on Henry for an added x-factor up front. He took of Mertesacker to add another midfielder, put on Chamberlain for added impact and played 4-4-2. All the right moves to make when chasing a game.

Seriously, I've seen it all before. We win a few games, look good and Wenger is hailed as a genius. We lost a couple and not it's "Wenger out", "sack the board", "spend spend spend". It's tiresome.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:06 pm

Is not Wengers falut that players like Walcott and Ramsey who suppose to be professional footballers don't show up.

We have to buy a world class player, Ramesy is young and must be bench for now and Walcott just not there any more. Arshivan must be sold, we need to buy and Wenger has to stop being cheap and buy players that can help us win.

I dont agree with letting Wenger go but if he is stubborn and wont by WC players than I am sorry he has to find something else to rather than manage Arsenal.

We have been one player away from wining trophies and what has he done nothing just wants to save the money and buy a useless player who is a bench player in other teams.

You cant say there are no players out, money talks and if you there is a wc player that can help us out spend some cash and bring him to Arsenal. Days of barging players are done, you dont have to buy an entire team all you have to do is bring a wc player with winning mentality to help the team out.

With the amount of injures we have I am surprised we actually put up a fight.

Wenger leaving wont solve anything.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:08 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:i understand what your saying and this needs to be discussed seriously, but you cant do that on this arsenal forum because fans on here are too much up wenger ass to see any problems with what he does. if you think that wenger needs to go or change something with team, that automatically makes you ignorant.

Just lol.

Do you read? Plenty of people here have criticised Wenger on this forum, even those who support him the most.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:22 pm

we should sticky a rant thread.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:27 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:How did Rodgers give Wenger a lesson today?

I can't believe you're criticising him for playing the wrong players when he had 14 first players out injured. No fit full backs, hit best centre back injured, his best centre midfielder injured, and one of the better wingers on international duty.

The altervatives were Squillaci, Yennaris, Rosicky and Park. Think about this for a moment.

Wenger made the right changes today. He took off Arshavin, brought on Henry for an added x-factor up front. He took of Mertesacker to add another midfielder, put on Chamberlain for added impact and played 4-4-2. All the right moves to make when chasing a game.

Seriously, I've seen it all before. We win a few games, look good and Wenger is hailed as a genius. We lost a couple and not it's "Wenger out", "sack the board", "spend spend spend". It's tiresome.

we havent won a trophy in 7 years....., we haven't look good at all this season we have been pathetic thats why we are 5th/6th struggling to get into the top 4. now who's fault is that?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:33 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
we havent won a trophy in 7 years....., we haven't look good at all this season we have been pathetic thats why we are 5th/6th struggling to get into the top 4. now who's fault is that?

Injures, bad luck.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:39 pm

How exactly is it wenger's fault that the Board arn't giving him enough money to spend ?

Do you even know that the Board only gave wenger a free hand just after the 8-2 defeat ?

Do you think wenger feels happy to see the team perform like this ? he gains some kind of personal achievment for not buying a player ?

Or do you think Wenger is injuring our player's in training because he is being paid by Man utd ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by InvalidComment Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:40 pm

smfdh
InvalidComment
InvalidComment
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:42 pm

He has not changed a system that is obviously broken.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:44 pm

RealGunner wrote:How exactly is it wenger's fault that the Board arn't giving him enough money to spend ?

Do you even know that the Board only gave wenger a free hand just after the 8-2 defeat ?

Do you think wenger feels happy to see the team perform like this ? he gains some kind of personal achievment for not buying a player ?

Or do you think Wenger is injuring our player's in training because he is being paid by Man utd ?

I am going with this one makes the most scene.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:47 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

Injures, bad luck.

7 years, dont give me injuries bad luck bs. the only season that we have truly been unlucky is 08/07 season. other than that we have not been good enough simple.

anyway im not knocking wenger i think he should stay but i totally understand why there are certain people questioning him.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:48 pm

I am going to get bashed for this

but WENGER IS EASY TO READ LIKE A TEXTBOOK

anyone remember last season when teams would push us to the middle then park when we reach the box, and counter us hard and score..

another thing wenger does AWFULLY are his subs

and finally, team talk.. complacency has shown numerous times but nada was done

Arsenal should adopt American Footabll style coaching

Make Weneger the General Manager

bring in "CO-ORDINATORS"

defenseive and offensive
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:49 pm

The only blame I can put on Wenger is maybe his training methods or whatever diet plan he puts his players on. Apart from that, what manager can handle 9 frakking players out, and a lot of them long term?

Talents like Diaby and Gibbs I think we'll never properly exploit due to these annoying and baffling injuries. IMO, we should sell these guys simply because all they are is wage vacuum.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:51 pm

Why should we adopt American style coaching when nobody else does? What makes that method so revolutionary and better than everything else?

Two defeats and we're back to this again. Question him if you want to, but it's January, not May, and we're four points from fourth, not fourty.

I guarantee that as soon as we string together some wins again, talk of moving on from Wenger will come to an abrupt halt.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:52 pm

RealGunner wrote:How exactly is it wenger's fault that the Board arn't giving him enough money to spend ?

the board keep on saying there is money to spend, why would the board lie? now that we have paid off our debt for the stadium or properties i dont know which one, hasnt wenger got money to spend now? if so, we will see what happens this jan and the summer. if we have another poor season like this, just ONE more poor season i will be against wenger.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:52 pm

Really

Well the board has said Wenger had money.
Wenger has said he has money.
Wenger has said that he thinks the team is good enough to compete and does not want to change. He says that he can not find anyone else in professional football that would make us any better.

Unless the board and Wenger are all lieing to us that is how we know.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:55 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Why should we adopt American style coaching when nobody else does? What makes that method so revolutionary and better than everything else?

Two defeats and we're back to this again. Question him if you want to, but it's January, not May, and we're four points from fourth, not fourty.

I guarantee that as soon as we string together some wins again, talk of moving on from Wenger will come to an abrupt halt.

you clearly don't watch NFL to know how effective this is, lets be honest at arsenal our defending can be atrocious, don't even get me started on PREDICTABLE offensive plays, even when we win..

aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:58 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Why should we adopt American style coaching when nobody else does? What makes that method so revolutionary and better than everything else?

I guarantee it wont, you know why? because at the end the season we will be trophyless AGAIN. top4 or not. next season if he doesn't win anything and make us challenge i will wont him out. i will excuse him for this pathetic season as nobody predicted nasri to be such an ass in the summer.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:59 pm

The only thing is wrong with Wenger is he is stubborn and believe is his players too much.

The whole knows Arshivan not improving and waste of space.

Diaby should have never been given a long contract.

Gibbs should not be rushed back and plus he is no superstar and has been injured year after year.

Ramsey has to be told stop *bleep* around, what is he doing with all the fancy shit, be like Arteta get the job done.

What wanger has to do is stop being their father and be their boss and put some fear in the players they must perform or they be bench.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:59 pm

6unner wrote:Really

Well the board has said Wenger had money.
Wenger has said he has money.
Wenger has said that he thinks the team is good enough to compete and does not want to change. He says that he can not find anyone else in professional football that would make us any better.

Unless the board and Wenger are all lieing to us that is how we know.

thank you
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:04 pm

aleumdance wrote:

you clearly don't watch NFL to know how effective this is, lets be honest at arsenal our defending can be atrocious, don't even get me started on PREDICTABLE offensive plays, even when we win..

I watch NFL and I do agree, but what is the point to have defensive coach if all our defenders are injured.

We lost today because of the midfield players mainly Walcott and Ramsey.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next