Kick
Raptorgunner
the xcx
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Adit
32 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Yaya Toure best CM of PL this season? - Page 3 Empty Re: Yaya Toure best CM of PL this season?

Post by Gil Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:22 pm

Arteta is a deep lying playmaker Hala. Song hasn't been playing DM this season.

Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Yaya Toure best CM of PL this season? - Page 3 Empty Re: Yaya Toure best CM of PL this season?

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:25 pm

Iceman wrote:I'm sorry Hala, but any argument you make using statistics is invalid because you said "no!! simply stats dont usually tell the full story" so you cannot use them in your arguments.

FULL STORY yes FULL STORY.... ididnt say COMPLETELY disregard it lmfao
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:25 pm

Gil wrote:Arteta is a deep lying playmaker Hala. Song hasn't been playing DM this season.

who has then???? all i see is he starts as the DM and ventures up because none of the others can create
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:38 pm

Okay then, so we're taking statistics into consideration? Then nevermind goals scored or assists created....Arteta has as many goals scored as Yaya and City's conversion rate is higher than Arsenal's so the chances he created are more likely to be converted into goals than Arteta's.

Here are the statistics that prove that Arteta has been better than Yaya:

Arteta vs Y Toure
Tackles: 38 (89% success rate) v 32 (81%)
Interceptions: 35 v 24
Passes: 1318 (90%) v 1552 (90%)
Chances Created: 38 v 28

------------
Also, the knowledge that you lack about how Arsenal play, and what role each player performs cannot possibly be an advantage when you're comparing an Arsenal player to another player, can it?

"None of the others can create" but Arteta has created plenty more chances than Yaya. Yeah, definitely a problem in creating :facepalm: . Must mean that Yaya is absolute garbage now, eh?
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:56 pm

I personally rate Lucas better than these people. xD
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:01 pm

Iceman wrote:
@Kiranr ... Are you serious? Most EPL fans consider Yaya Toure to be bordering on WC or even WC already. On twitter, when the statistics showed that Arteta has been a bit better, some people used the hashtag #WorldClass, which only shows that Yaya Toure is that good.

EPL fans in general do not do a wank fest over players (Unless they are English, and even that trend has died down). Tell me, who are the players that EPL fans immortalize? Not many...

I haven't gotten that feeling Iceman, that people here rate Yaya as WC. It may be due to the reason you mentioned though. There is, however, a lingering doubt over Yaya's WC status.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:17 pm

kiranr wrote:
Iceman wrote:
@Kiranr ... Are you serious? Most EPL fans consider Yaya Toure to be bordering on WC or even WC already. On twitter, when the statistics showed that Arteta has been a bit better, some people used the hashtag #WorldClass, which only shows that Yaya Toure is that good.

EPL fans in general do not do a wank fest over players (Unless they are English, and even that trend has died down). Tell me, who are the players that EPL fans immortalize? Not many...

I haven't gotten that feeling Iceman, that people here rate Yaya as WC. It may be due to the reason you mentioned though. There is, however, a lingering doubt over Yaya's WC status.

IT's hilarious that Iceman would say everyone thinks Yaya is World Class on this forum and then he says Arteta and Mole says Cabaye and Chelsea fans say Ramires and Liverpool fans say Lucas are all better then him.

I guess they are all world class too? You really need to stop the double talk.

And as for your page long whining thread, do you think Arteta is better then Yaya or not? Because every scout or GM would take Yaya over Arteta in a heartbeat, it's not even close.

Not to mention there still is 0 praise for Yaya in this thread. If you think if someone makes a thread saying how good Yaya has been and is he the best CM in the EPL and then someone like you comes along and says Arteta is better then it's an insult plain and simple. No matter what the stats are Yaya is so much better it's not even funny. It's just another way to put Yaya down.

As for Yaya coming from LA Liga what does that have to do with anything? IF I'm right about a player from La Liga being better then one in the EPL and Premfaces like you don't notice it until they play in your league and boss it what's wrong with that.

Us La Liga fans have been telling you Premfaces for years that players like Silva are Mata are miles better then Nasri and that Kun will boss the EPL etc etc and of course after they do you guys act like you were on board the whole time. Because according to EPL fans nothing a footballer does counts until he's in the EPL and you actually watch him play.

And BTW, where were you last year saying how good Arteta was? I never heard a peep out of you before he got to Arsenal because you can't see the forrest through the trees. The guy has been playing in your league for ever and now that he's on your team he's better then Yaya, what a joke you are.

And dig up all the stats you want, Yaya has been awesome this year and ten times the player Arteta has been and I can't even believe I'm having this discussion but that's what this board has turned into with people like you turning a positive Yaya thread into comparing him to Arteta FFS, it's a joke.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:34 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
IT's hilarious that Iceman would say everyone thinks Yaya is World Class on this forum and then he says Arteta and Mole says Cabaye and Chelsea fans say Ramires and Liverpool fans say Lucas are all better then him.

Your inability to differentiate a joke from a proper statement is saddening. Your weird twisted way of mixing up the statements "Most EPL fans" and "On twitter some people..." with "Everyone on this forum" is more saddening, though. This is a forum, and if you lack the basic comprehension skills to understand what a person is saying then you cannot possibly have a proper debate. No wonder this forum has been having some stupid discussions :facepalm:

dnmac4 wrote:
I guess they are all world class too? You really need to stop the double talk.

:facepalm:

dnmac4 wrote:
And as for your page long whining thread, do you think Arteta is better then Yaya or not? Because every scout or GM would take Yaya over Arteta in a heartbeat, it's not even close.

Please provide me any sort of support that backs up your statement. Regardless of the inaccuracy of your statement, that does not change the fact that Arteta may have had a better season than Toure so far and has been better than him this season.

dnmac4 wrote:
Not to mention there still is 0 praise for Yaya in this thread. If you think if someone makes a thread saying how good Yaya has been and is he the best CM in the EPL and then someone like you comes along and says Arteta is better then it's an insult plain and simple. No matter what the stats are Yaya is so much better it's not even funny. It's just another way to put Yaya down.

There is also 0 praise for Arteta or anyone else. There are some jokes here and there which you apparently misinterpret pretty badly, but this thread is not about Yaya Toure. This thread is about whether Yaya Toure is the best CM in the EPL this season. Read the title please and stop misinterpreting everything. This is not a praise thread, and I have already said that I categorize Yaya as a class player (and if I haven't, then I just did), but that still does not deter from my original point, which is that Arteta has had a better season than Yaya so far. You're being ignorantly stubborn, again.

dnmac4 wrote:
As for Yaya coming from LA Liga what does that have to do with anything? IF I'm right about a player from La Liga being better then one in the EPL and Premfaces like you don't notice it until they play in your league and boss it what's wrong with that.

It has to do with you and your obvious and blinding bias towards La Liga players. Premface? Me? Didn't Notice Yaya was class? I cannot keep on arguing if all you have to go on are stupid and incorrect assumptions (such as the "Arsenal fans thought Nasri was WC forevaaaa" ). I, along with many Arsenal fans, wanted to get Toure at Arsenal when he was looking for a way out from Barcelona...but yeah, sure...we obviously didn't rate him (Just to be clear, this was sarcasm...you know what that is, right?) Rolling Eyes

dnmac4 wrote: And BTW, where were you last year saying how good Arteta was? I never heard a peep out of you before he got to Arsenal because you can't see the forrest through the trees. The guy has been playing in your league for ever and now that he's on your team he's better then Yaya, what a joke you are.

Where was I? I was one of the people that wanted Arteta here if Cesc left. I was one of the people that wanted Wenger to get Arteta even when Cesc was here...
But again, your false and idiotic assumptions and lack of knowledge seem to be a problem in any debate. No wonder you never have any decent ones :facepalm:

dnmac4 wrote: And dig up all the stats you want, Yaya has been awesome this year and ten times the player Arteta has been and I can't even believe I'm having this discussion but that's what this board has turned into with people like you turning a positive Yaya thread into comparing him to Arteta FFS, it's a joke.

This was not a "Yaya thread". Read every single post in this thread, and it will show you that it is not a Yaya thread. This thread is about the best CM in the EPL this season, and Yaya was mentioned at the start of it. That does not make it a thread about him. I know, I know, you want to make a lot of threads all about La Liga players so you can continue being blindly biased and praise them to no end...and it's fine to be biased, but you're also wrong.

Yaya has been awesome, but this season, Arteta has been better. Ten times the player Arteta is? I provided statistics...solid facts. You're providing a completely biased opinion. I'm guessing your point is definitely more credible (Again, this was sarcasm. I'm getting tired of having to point everything out to you).

The only things that are wrong with this forum are posters like yourself, not these discussion. You're a joke, and I'm quite frankly tired of having to deal with idiocy every single time I post in a thread.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:59 pm

Iceman, there is an ignore list lol
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:14 pm

Iceman wrote:Off topic: Di Maria is crap. The fact that he has a lot of assists and goals doesn't mean anything, because statistics don't matter. He's a horrible football player, and there is no way that you can show me otherwise. He is only good because the players around him make him look good.

Problem?

I do have a problem Suspect

That's some total bs you just said
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:20 pm

ali8775 wrote:Iceman, there is an ignore list lol

Already done mate Laughing

Giggity5313 wrote:
Iceman wrote:Off topic: Di Maria is crap. The fact that he has a lot of assists and goals doesn't mean anything, because statistics don't matter. He's a horrible football player, and there is no way that you can show me otherwise. He is only good because the players around him make him look good.

Problem?

I was showing exactly what Hala was saying (Also, Dnmac was using the same exact thing of "it doesn't matter what you show me, I'm not going to believe anything else")

I don't think Di Maria is crap haha
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:22 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:

Problem?

He was joking bro. Thumbs up

Iceman. :bow:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:46 pm

Iceman wrote:Okay then, so we're taking statistics into consideration? Then nevermind goals scored or assists created....Arteta has as many goals scored as Yaya and City's conversion rate is higher than Arsenal's so the chances he created are more likely to be converted into goals than Arteta's.

Here are the statistics that prove that Arteta has been better than Yaya:

Arteta vs Y Toure
Tackles: 38 (89% success rate) v 32 (81%)
Interceptions: 35 v 24
Passes: 1318 (90%) v 1552 (90%)
Chances Created: 38 v 28

------------
Also, the knowledge that you lack about how Arsenal play, and what role each player performs cannot possibly be an advantage when you're comparing an Arsenal player to another player, can it?

"None of the others can create" but Arteta has created plenty more chances than Yaya. Yeah, definitely a problem in creating :facepalm: . Must mean that Yaya is absolute garbage now, eh?

you do know City have tons of other people that creates which is why they are the most attacking side in EPL right.... cant say the same about Arsenal
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:52 pm

Yes you can. Arteta has actually created the 3rd most chances at Arsenal, so there are two other players ahead of him.

And what you're saying is that, because Toure can't create, then he has other players create instead? Then that's a negative, not a positive.

Edit** Nevermind the fact that he outperforms Toure defensively and offensively as well, not just in one of the aspects.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:07 pm

Honestly im not sure what your getting at Hala...you're bouncing all over the place with whatever points your trying to make

Stats aren't everything but they are an awful lot...especially when they cover a multitude of different facets of the game (as opposed to the brutish goals/assists standard) - and if you want to disregard them almost entirely by which standard to you want to judge the players?

Arteta has more tackles and more interceptions in a team that has (according to you) more possession....Usually there is an inverse proportion between possession and tackles/interceptions - as possession increases, interceptions and tackles decrease and vice versa

Thats not the case in Arteta v. Toure
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:49 pm

Did Red hack into Bhends' account?

Bhends should be upgraded to God status, immediately! (Dnmac, this too is a joke, in case you thought that I really do want Bhends to be a God).

Bhends :bow: :bow:
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:12 pm

Yaya best CM in PL?

Yaya Toure best CM of PL this season? - Page 3 Luka-Modric415

Say hello to Luka Modric.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:36 pm

Sorry, but Modric didn't play in La Liga so it doesn't matter what you say, Toure is better than him.

(Again, sarcasm)
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:34 pm

Toure>>>Arteta. haters gonna hate
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:55 pm

The xcx wrote:Toure>>>Arteta. haters gonna hate

I would rather have Arteta than Nono.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:56 pm

The xcx wrote:Toure>>>Arteta. haters gonna hate

You support a team in La Liga too?

I'm noticing a trend here...
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:14 am

Iceman wrote:You support a team in La Liga too?

According to la Liga lugs

De Gea is the best keeper

Toure is the best midfielder

Aguero is the best striker

Silva is the best player in the league

I'm sure it's all a giant coincidence though and there's no bias involved whatsoever
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:23 am

I am not quite sure why Arteta and Yaya are being compared, they do different things.

Arteta sits and sprays passes, doesnt really drive forward or run forward past the ball much at all.

Yaya does play alot of passes, but he really enjoys carrying the ball forward and driving into the final 1/3.

They are both "centermidfielders" but clearly do quite different things.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:45 am

The Franchise wrote:I am not quite sure why Arteta and Yaya are being compared, they do different things.

Arteta sits and sprays passes, doesnt really drive forward or run forward past the ball much at all.

Yaya does play alot of passes, but he really enjoys carrying the ball forward and driving into the final 1/3.

They are both "centermidfielders" but clearly do quite different things.

Definitely agreed there, and if we get out Yaya's dribbling statistics and compare it to Arteta it will probably fully support what you said.
Also, Toure makes runs in the final third that Arteta pretty much doesn't. All of Arteta's goals have come from pull-backs, because he is almost always playing behind, not up front.

All I'm saying is that if you look at the statistics, they show that Arteta does more offensively AND defensively than Yaya...so why can he not be mentioned in a thread where Yaya is being touted as the best CM in the EPL this season? It makes very little sense to me. I am not denying Toure's quality at all, but it is not absurd to say that Arteta has been better.

Modric vs Yaya Toure would be a more relevant debate in terms of their roles, but how do you propose figuring out who the best CM is?

*Note, that I don't really care about who is the best, I was just arguing based on being pissed off, nothing more.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:04 am

Comparing players is something that's impossible to do completely objectively unless you only loom at statistics (which everyone agrees don't paint the entire picture) for example, I will always prefer someone more tactically disciplined and cautious at cm rather than someone who makes driving runs forward, just based on my personal beliefs about what's best for the team...I realize there are some that feel precisely the opposite and prefer a cm that makes incisive runs rather than a more offensively cautious passer...to each his own there... and that's why these debates can only go so far when the players are of such a close level of skill and why no one is ever convinced in these debates...I've made all my points and arguments so I believe I'm done with this thread

Last edited by bhends on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:10 am

People
Lex wrote:
Iceman wrote:You support a team in La Liga too?

According to la Liga lugs

Pepe Reina is the best keeper

Gerrard
is the best midfielder

Van Persie is the best striker

Vidic is the best player in the league

I'm sure it's all a giant coincidence though and there's no bias involved whatsoever

Razz
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next