How highly do you rate Kevin Prince Boateng?

+11
eltractor
pasquale22
FennecFox7
Kick
Luca
red&blacklegion
Forza
justdoit_
Swanhends
aleumdance
Gil
15 posters

Go down

How highly do you rate Kevin Prince Boateng? Empty How highly do you rate Kevin Prince Boateng?

Post by Gil Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:57 pm

^
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Kevin Prince Boateng? Empty Re: How highly do you rate Kevin Prince Boateng?

Post by aleumdance Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:59 pm

he has a good swag and he tries cocky tricks that work( goal vs barca)

he got some major tekkers..

like him
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Kevin Prince Boateng? Empty Re: How highly do you rate Kevin Prince Boateng?

Post by Swanhends Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:00 pm

Player with average technical skills but good physical ability and a high work rate

That description groups him with Milner, Marchisio, Ramires, Khedira etc in my book

Very, very useful team player but hardly a superstar by any means...He's a complement to other players rather than someone to build a team around
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:23 pm

Good, but bereft of the skillset needed to dominate in the role he's given at Milan.

Time to get a new gig playing further back in midfield and Silvio to bring out the $$$ for the right player for the position.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:28 pm

bhends wrote:Player with average technical skills but good physical ability and a high work rate

Harsh. Think his technique is more than just average.

His first touch is fantastic for example, the feints and turns he does with the ball isn't just something your average Joe could do. He also isn't afraid to attempt the audacious flicks and tricks which Khedira and co don't have in their locker.

My only real criticism of him is he lacks the vision and subtlety to be a true attacking midfielder. Think his power and drive would suit a box to box role though.

bhends wrote:
Very, very useful team player but hardly a superstar by any means...He's a complement to other players rather than someone to build a team around

Agree with that.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:43 pm

bhends wrote:
That description groups him with Milner, Marchisio, Ramires, Khedira etc in my book

This is hugely underrating him. KPB has a higher work rate, more flair and huge bursts of energy that make him a higher class of player. He has really thrived at our club in Allegri's setup. He's not a centre-piece sort of player that dictates play or demands the ball, but he adds the dynamism that was sorely lacking from our squad. I'm very proud to have him at Milan and he actually has a great personality too, despite having a reputation for being a bit crazy at Portsmouth.

KEVIN KING BOATENG!
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:44 pm

above average tech ,high work rate.But...... But .....he lacks in decision making ,and doesnt have good vision.He is still young and can improve those. Id love to see him in the CM role though .TBH he really isnt a Rui Costa or seedorf type of player .
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:53 pm

Really good player technically and in his work rate, physicality as already said.
His problem is his suspect attitude (only at times) and his decision making at times.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:40 pm

Ruined Ballack's Chelsea finale.

I will never get over that!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:08 pm

Good technique, has those WOW moments once in a while, strong, great workrate, awesome shot. His decision making is kinda Di maria like though..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:11 pm

Very solid player. I wouldn't call him world class though. His adapted to serie a well. Technical skills are very good for a player that is known for his grinta. I guess it's why his adapted so well, him and Vidal are much alike however vidal's better Smile
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:18 pm

pasquale22 wrote:Very solid player. I wouldn't call him world class though. His adapted to serie a well. Technical skills are very good for a player that is known for his grinta. I guess it's why his adapted so well, him and Vidal are much alike however vidal's better Smile

no waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay is vidal better! or is that trolling?

2011/12 season stats
Boateng has 3 assists and 6 goals in all competitions
Vidal has 3 assists and 2 goals in all competitions (only serie A, juve are not in anything else)

i don't think their primary roles are to score or assist goals, but it's still a good indication of where they're at

Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:20 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
pasquale22 wrote:Very solid player. I wouldn't call him world class though. His adapted to serie a well. Technical skills are very good for a player that is known for his grinta. I guess it's why his adapted so well, him and Vidal are much alike however vidal's better Smile

2011/12 season stats
Vidal has 3 assists and 2 goals in all competitions (only serie A, juve are not in anything else)

i don't think their primary roles are to score or assist goals, but it's still a good indication of where they're at

Its really not, I'm not going to get into this discussion about Vidal vs. Boateng but goals scored is a horrid stat to look at for both players

Unless you want to concede that Nocerino and Marchisio are both better than Pirlo

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:36 pm

Luca wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:

2011/12 season stats

Its really not, I'm not going to get into this discussion about Vidal vs. Boateng but goals scored is a horrid stat to look at for both players

Unless you want to concede that Nocerino and Marchisio are both better than Pirlo

hahahaha, point taken. but boateng and vidal do play further forward than pirlo, kpb often plays as a kind of unorthodox "box-to-box trequartista" with us. it's not a completely invaluable stat. anyway, i can't find anything better atm, (tackling %, avg. kms run per game, passing %) so it will have to do, lol
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:46 pm

Gil wrote:
bhends wrote:Player with average technical skills but good physical ability and a high work rate

Harsh. Think his technique is more than just average.

His first touch is fantastic for example, the feints and turns he does with the ball isn't just something your average Joe could do. He also isn't afraid to attempt the audacious flicks and tricks which Khedira and co don't have in their locker.

I don't think its harsh

Just look at Milan for example

Ibra, Robinho, Pato, Aquilani, Cassano, Seedorf, El Sharaawy are all more technically skilled

Taiwo, Van Bommel, Zambrotta, Nocerino, Nesta, Silva, Abate, Ambrosini are all less technically skilled

That puts him in the middle of the pack in terms of technical skills....i.e average

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eltractor Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:49 am

i wanted to write my own words but i found that i would be repeating yours Razz
i like this player cz he gives a real dynamism, and always tries his best
eltractor
eltractor
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:56 am

Boateng grouped with Marchisio. This could be the end of the world.
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:41 am

His main weakness is his lack of vision. Oh and please don't bring Marchisio into the debate,because Juventus fans don't want to miss a second of masturbating on his pictures to come here and debate. Any poster,in their opinion,who mentions his name without saying that he's god is a sinner.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:53 am

Why are people saying his technical skills are very good?Suspect I think it's only above average with some omg moments
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:54 am

Milanfan7 wrote: Oh and please don't bring Marchisio into the debate,because Juventus fans don't want to miss a second of masturbating on his pictures to come here and debate. Any poster,in their opinion,who mentions his name without saying that he's god is a sinner.

LoO0o0oO0o0o0o0oO0o0oL banana
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:54 am

Ganso wrote:Why are people saying his technical skills are very good?Suspect I think it's only above average with some omg moments

Because he had that one ridiculous goal lol...
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:55 am

His goalscoring abilities are very good though
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:23 am

hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum