juventrini
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
pasquale22
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Angelo Ogbonna - Page 2 Empty Re: Angelo Ogbonna

Post by pasquale22 Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:19 am

I've seen both players many times and I absolutely adore Hummels. A top defender with a massive future. He's valued at around 20mil, around the same price Ogbonna will go for. To clarify, Ogbonna never said that he wouldn't join juve. It was misinterpreted. I believe what he said was he'd never join juve right now as toro are fighting for promotion. Hummels is a top player however he thrives and Relied on subotic (not this season as his injured) last season alot. He can be caught out at times to easily also.

Both players are as good as each other and if you gave me the option if choosing one or the other I could honestly not give u an answer

pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:37 am

my first point is that I wouldnt pay anywhere near 20m for Ogbonna because I dont think hes worth that much. Nowhere more than 10m.

And my second point is related to a wider, more global scale - the world of football paying ridiculous sums of money which inevitably is kicking an economoy in the crutch while its down. Were paying the way for a world monopoly here where various stocks and financial investments are being foolishly distributed to areas which will not sustain the global economy. At the end of the day, if this is not curbed now, football will suffer --> would be happy to discuss this point in greater detail

Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by juventrini Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:57 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
Lynx100 wrote:Today's sports market is ludicrous, especially given the GFC. thank god for FFP.

So what's your point, seeing a transfer going through between 15-20m for Ogbonna seems realistic .

ha!

juventrini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:53 am

Lynx100 wrote:my first point is that I wouldnt pay anywhere near 20m for Ogbonna because I dont think hes worth that much. Nowhere more than 10m.

And my second point is related to a wider, more global scale - the world of football paying ridiculous sums of money which inevitably is kicking an economoy in the crutch while its down. Were paying the way for a world monopoly here where various stocks and financial investments are being foolishly distributed to areas which will not sustain the global economy. At the end of the day, if this is not curbed now, football will suffer --> would be happy to discuss this point in greater detail

A question. How many times have you seen him play
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:58 am

Not much actually. A few clips here and there. Watched the italy showing.

Nothing to convince me that 20m is worth signing a guy from Serie B when other more proven international defenders can be bought for the same price or better.

Caceras for 2 + 7 is a good deal. Still wanna spend 20 on Ogbonna?

I dont think so. Too big a risk on someone who is yet to prove themselves consistently.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:04 am

Not much , I thought so. Look that's your opinion however having seen him many more times than u I can tell u his worth every penny of 20mil
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:17 am

ok. Ill play along.

Lets look at defensive transfers this year:

Mertesarker 9m
Jose Enrique 7m
Gael Clichy 8m
Phil Jones 18m
Martin Caceras 3m
Christian Zapata 7m
Taye Taiwo Free
Phillipe Mexes Free
Reto Ziegler Free
Lich 10m
Jerome Boateng 13.5
Diego Lugano 3m

And you wanna get Ogbonna for 20M??
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:22 am

Why not. If I think Ogbonna will one day be the worlds best what makes you think I will change my mind. I don't just make stupid baseless assumptions. I mentioned why I thought he will be great and I stand by that
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:30 am

Lynx100 wrote:ok. Ill play along.

Lets look at defensive transfers this year:

Mertesarker 9m
Jose Enrique 7m
Gael Clichy 8m
Phil Jones 18m
Martin Caceras 3m
Christian Zapata 7m
Taye Taiwo Free
Phillipe Mexes Free
Reto Ziegler Free
Lich 10m
Jerome Boateng 13.5
Diego Lugano 3m

And you wanna get Ogbonna for 20M??

Only 20 mil for Ogbonna? I would play triple he's amazing Rolling Eyes

Seriously though that is way too steep a price tag for someone like that. He is proven in serie b and thats it. That in no way merits a 20m price tag. At least Hummels has more experience under his belt...and you would think that a player as amazing as Ogbonna would at least have more videos out there you know since he's so amazing and all. Sadly I can't find any. Odd since he's such an amazing talent. All I know is that no unproven defense man should go for that much. And I personally would not like seeing our 20mil of our budget go for this unproven clown. You could get a much safer and more proven option with half that.
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:32 am

??............
Okay then....

I respect your opinion.

IMO though, it makes absolutely no financial sense.

I shall now watch every Ogbonna video I can find so that i wont be making "stupid baseless assumptions"

I assume living in Australia, you will be following him mostly on the internet? I would like to know where to see more of this guy...
Could you please direct me to the best places on the internet where his talent is displayed..

Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:35 am

pasquale22 wrote:Why not. If I think Ogbonna will one day be the worlds best what makes you think I will change my mind. I don't just make stupid baseless assumptions. I mentioned why I thought he will be great and I stand by that
So you would spend 20mil of our money(Just to remind you this is more then we payed for the large majority of our players) on this guy because you think he can be great one day? I mean yea I can see this guy being good but at the risk of 20mil because he was good in a lower league for a season or two. Have we not learned from Bonuccis amazing 15 mil deal. Or Amauri haha
Can Juve really afford a risk like that? Most I would go is 10 atm take or leave it. If he excels in Serie A then I would consider giving more.
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:38 am

Lynx100 wrote:??............
Okay then....

I respect your opinion.

I shall now watch every Ogbonna video I can find so that i wont be making "stupid baseless assumptions"

I assume living in Australia, you will be following him mostly on the internet? I would like to know where to see more of this guy...
Could you please direct me to the best places on the internet where his talent is displayed..

No man he's worth more and more every second! Deal just sounds better and better! He's such an amazing talent that you can't even find videos on him. You would think that with someone so promising you would find some kind of montage or fan made video.
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:39 am

Agreeing with Pinguino, 20M is too much despite his talent.
He probably looks better because he is a big fish in a little pond (with all due respect to serie b, this guy belongs in serie a- just not at 20M).
Torino wants to retain him so they are placing his price that highly, Juventus would be fools to sign him at that price when a player like Barzagli was captured at 300k!

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:11 am

Lynx100 wrote:??............
Okay then....

I respect your opinion.

Lynx I meant no disrespect, I didn't refer to u when I said stupid baseless assumptions, It was just in general that I don't do that. No, living in Australia I have access to rai in which they show toro most weeks if not I watch a stream. But mostly on tv....

I'm sorry but I prefer to watch games not YouTube videos and then I make my judgment.
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:37 am

No disrespect felt brother. Dont worry.

Well - This sounds so stupid and i feel stupid saying it but its kinda true: If hes not there to be seen on the internet hes not really a big deal at the moment...
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:14 pm

Wow no matter how u look at it the price tag on purchased defenders pretty much ends this discussion, he's overpriced at least 2x more than he should be. He may be worth 20 in the future but not now.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:12 pm

zarola wrote:Wow no matter how u look at it the price tag on purchased defenders pretty much ends this discussion, he's overpriced at least 2x more than he should be. He may be worth 20 in the future but not now.

Thumbs up

It's similar to Caceres story - Barca wanted 12 mill for him when we loaned him because they thought he'd become better in Juve. He needed more time and reached his level NOW and i think he's worth the 10 mill Sevilla asks for him. Ogbonna might have the talent to be sold for 40 mill in the future but right now none knows for sure and 20 mill is way more then he's worth.. But again. It's hard to tell what a player is actually "worth" because some clubs just buy whatever the cost if they want a player. Therefore, Torino can ask for 20 mill because some might - MIGHT be willing to offer that kind of money. But it's not what he's worth!
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:06 pm

pasquale22 wrote:Not much , I thought so. Look that's your opinion however having seen him many more times than u I can tell u his worth every penny of 20mil

Even though I don't agree with Pas about Pepe, I have to agree with him here. Most people here come up with BS, they come up with random assumptions about a player they have never even seen before. Like claiming Vidal could be WC, and none sense like this. Ogbonna is proven, plays in the best Second division league in the world and if he is valued this high followed by many clubs including big ones like Liverpool around the Europe and Rivals like Juventus want him, than this guy is the real deal.

For fark sake, he plays for Serie B, AND HE GETS CALLED UP TO THE NATIONAL TEAM!
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:07 pm

Lynx100 wrote:No disrespect felt brother. Dont worry.

Well - This sounds so stupid and i feel stupid saying it but its kinda true: If hes not there to be seen on the internet hes not really a big deal at the moment...

Of course it sounds stupid :facepalm:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:46 pm

Ogbonna isn't proven. Sciacca you are misinterpreting everyone's perspective. This isn't a personal insult on ogbonna.... 20m is way overpriced for someone who doesn't play top level especially considering someone like Mertesacker is 9m.

That isn't to say he won't be worth 40m once he proves himself in a big team.. but he could very well be a flop. I haven't seen him play, so I can't judge. However if I were a juve fan I'd be happy to see him join cuz it's not my money. in fact I'm excited to see him join any top team who needs a cb.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:48 pm

zarola wrote:Ogbonna isn't proven. Sciacca you are misinterpreting everyone's perspective. This isn't a personal insult on ogbonna.... 20m is way overpriced for someone who doesn't play top level especially considering someone like Mertesacker is 9m.

That isn't to say he won't be worth 40m once he proves himself in a big team.. but he could very well be a flop. I haven't seen him play, so I can't judge. However if I were a juve fan I'd be happy to see him join cuz it's not my money. in fact I'm excited to see him join any top team who needs a cb.

I understand then
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:25 pm

zarola wrote:Ogbonna isn't proven. Sciacca you are misinterpreting everyone's perspective. This isn't a personal insult on ogbonna.... 20m is way overpriced for someone who doesn't play top level especially considering someone like Mertesacker is 9m.

That money doesn't belong to anyone here. Doesn't mean Juve should happily spend 20m on a yet to be proven player. Mismanagement of funds. Not worth a bigger risk than 10m.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:24 am

Let me put it this way. It's either u spend 20mil on him now or 30 in 2yrs
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:21 am

pasquale22 wrote:Let me put it this way. It's either u spend 20mil on him now or 30 in 2yrs

30m for a defender who is currently in Serie B?

If i remember correctly, the only defenders sold for around 30m+ Euros (not pounds) are

-Ferdinand (~40-odd)
-Nesta (~30)
-Thuram (~30)
-Pepe (~30)
-Carvalho (~30)
-Dani Alves (~30)

So I guess the question to you is: Do you think hes currently anywhere near that class of players to justify a 20m price tag now while still in Serie B?

Id yes - rather buy him now for 10m-ish OR later (if he really amazes the world in just 2 years and shows he belongs on the list of those above) for 20m-odd happily if he can play half as well and be as successful as those on that list.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:33 am

So we paid 15.5m for Bonucci, who is now a bench warmer cause Barzagli is outplaying him and he was purchased for 300k, and you wanna pay 20m for Ogbonna? Sorry, but that is dumb really. I like Ogbonna and I think he can be another Chiellini, but we don't need to throw away 20m on another central defender. I would rather keep that money and use it to purchase a world class SS or a top LB.

Hummels and Ogbonna are both very good players and I wouldn't mind having them on Juve, but not for 20m. We have budgets you know, so if you throw away 20m on another central defender that will limit the funds we have to fill other more pressing needs. In my opinion, Chiellini, Barzagli and Bonucci is a good rotation, you just need to add some more depth, maybe someone for 6-8m at most and then focus on the other positions in need. If we get a top LB and move Chiellini back to the middle then it is not necessary to pay 20m on another central defender.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:02 am

If I think he will be the worlds best defender one day what makes u think I will change my mind. Here I have a guy who (no disrespect) hasnt seem him play one match trying to talk me into thinking otherwise
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next