RedOranje
Sushi Master
TheRedStag
Senor Penguin
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

For or against?

Abortion: for or against? - Page 2 Vote_lcap71%Abortion: for or against? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 17 ]
Abortion: for or against? - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Abortion: for or against? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 6 ]
Abortion: for or against? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Abortion: for or against? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 24

Abortion: for or against? - Page 2 Empty Re: Abortion: for or against?

Post by RedOranje Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:05 am

bhends wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
bhends wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote: Yeah I get you, bhends. I mean I don't want anyone to get an abortion. But I think unwanted kids just don't need to be born. It's not like they get murdered, they just never exist. Nobody is getting hurt, except our sense of apropriateness.

I'd prefer nobody would get an abortion. But I'd also prefer that women be in charge of their own bodies and futures. And if they get knocked up by some deadbeat, they shouldn't be forced into single-mom-poverty.

For me, its just not something I think I would ever do myself....I'd be too wracked with guilt

As for other people meh...I'm not a big fan of telling other people how to live their lives. I'm sure there are plenty of situations where it would be the lesser or two evils
That shouldn't really be a concern, though.

Not sure I'm following...Shouldn't be a concern in the overall debate over abortion? Well of course not...and if you read my other posts than clearly I don't believe that it should be...Just voicing my personal opinion on the matter
I was making a joke on the fact that you are a man.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:33 am

I have very mixed feelings about this. I think it depends mostly on ability to deal with the kid. To me, it's not the same a 16 year old getting an abortion as a 28 year old. I realize it's not life, yet I would still feel guilty should my significant other get an abortion. Definitely my catholic side, feeling guilty about everything.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by everest1 Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:03 am

im pro-choice, but id advocate birth control first. definitely a bad situation to be in either way... but i think abortions have to be legal for certain cases (rape, when the pregnancy threatens the moms health, etc). infanticide on the other hand is just wrong. idk what the best way to deal with that is though... maybe its not really an issue of abortion, but an issue of cultural preference for males?

for those of you who are against it, what do you think of the morning after pill?
everest1
everest1
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:16 pm

Since abortion has been around for hundreds upon hundreds on top of a thousand on top of another thousand years and women can be seriously hurt and killed by unsafe abortions then they definitely have to be given the choice. But, after 2 months when the baby has a heartbeat and human characteristics then that's another issue.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:41 pm

The Lord is the one who should decide which babies live or die and I dont see what gives anyone the right to kill a life. I see no difference in getting an abortion and tossing your newborn in a dumpster. if you are man(or woman) enough to concieve a child then you should also be enough of a man to take care of one.

And even in the situation where the child would have a horrible life with the parents because they are not fit parents, whats so wrong with giving the child for adoption? at least then they get a chance at life.

Personal experiences and my faith are the reasons for my views.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:18 pm

definitely pro-choice, but i'd be for free (or at least very cheap) distribution of condoms and other means of contraception first of all

really don't understand the "pro-life" arguments... where do you draw the line if a fetus is a person? is a sperm a person and every man should be prosecuted for genocide?

or is an egg a person and every woman commits a murder once a month?

on a side note, it makes me a sad panda that "my reasoning is faith based" is still an accepted sentence in the 21st century...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:27 pm

I think the cause of this problem to be honest is how much modern society babies teenagers and 20' somethings, their childhood is extended for such a long time that they turn irresponsable.

@Che ; are you saying that there is no life until the kid is actually born, cries and breathes air?
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:29 pm

no, it's not a human life until the fetus develops a full(ish) nervous system, which isn't until like 4 months into the pregnancy
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm

che wrote:no, it's not a human life until the fetus develops a full(ish) nervous system, which isn't until like 4 months into the pregnancy

Baby has a heart and human characteristics at 2 months Shocked
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:34 pm

a fetus (not a baby) also has a tail and no limbs after 6 weeks so yeah...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Agaisnt.

Moral and Health choice.

-Kid killed because of parents being careless (not enough contraception measurements)

-Child death from moral side view isnt good

-Mother is gonna have health issues esp if happens again

Abortions only when it threstens mother's life to give a birth
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:11 pm

che wrote:a fetus (not a baby) also has a tail and no limbs after 6 weeks so yeah...

Which it loses in under a fortnight, thereafter gaining all limbs and a heartbeat, so yeah...
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:24 pm

In between if you can't handle a baby wear a *bleep* condom

In other cases lets say a woman got raped and got pregnant with the rapist's child I'd say abort instead of throwing him in some shelter
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:21 am

kiranr wrote:
I am against abortion. The fact that people in my country abort if it is a girl may have affected my opinion.

that is one of the worst things prevalent in our country.. no one would be in support for abortion regarding a specific gender

but if you just want abortion because you and your partner are not ready to have children yet, and not because its a girl would you be in favour of it?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by paddy Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:11 am

For

paddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:37 am

diptiman wrote:
kiranr wrote:
I am against abortion. The fact that people in my country abort if it is a girl may have affected my opinion.

that is one of the worst things prevalent in our country.. no one would be in support for abortion regarding a specific gender

but if you just want abortion because you and your partner are not ready to have children yet, and not because its a girl would you be in favour of it?

I am very uncomfortable about it. My girlfriend is a doctor and she has described an actual abortion procedure and about the little body parts that are scraped off from the womb.

Unless the situation is extraordinary and absolutely demands it, i am against it.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum