CBarca
Sir Psycho
VanDeezNuts
BarrileteCosmico
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who... ?

Catalan National team vs Basque National team Vote_lcap50%Catalan National team vs Basque National team Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 12 ]
Catalan National team vs Basque National team Vote_lcap50%Catalan National team vs Basque National team Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 24

Catalan National team vs Basque National team Empty Catalan National team vs Basque National team

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:50 am

Who would win?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Catalan National team vs Basque National team Empty Re: Catalan National team vs Basque National team

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:54 am

lol'd. dont think its much of a competition tbh

xabi FTW

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Catalan National team vs Basque National team Empty Re: Catalan National team vs Basque National team

Post by Sir Psycho Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:25 am

Catalunya.

inb4Arq&TheBarcagamevsBilbao.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:22 am

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t12080-catalonia-vs-spain?highlight=spain+vs

Aha! Took me 2 minutes Very Happy

If I'm serious, Spain. If not...Catalonia Very Happy

Catalonia EZ

EDIT: OH wow reading fail :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Catalans. wow that was a bad misread...

Last edited by CBarca on Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:27 am

Realistically, the catalans would win.
But, I prefer the basques
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:53 am

Bilbao would win against Barca if you remove all the non Catalan.

I don't know any single decent Catalan striker to partner Pedro, and Iniesta is from Castile and is not Catalan.

The Basques of Bilbao have been playing together for years while not all Catalans are.

Sorry, but Barca does not represent all Catalonian players and hence are overrating the Catalans.

On another note, I am pretty sure sparking a civil war is a bannable offense BC Razz
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:56 am

Not enough Basques or Catalans here to spark a civil war. Razz

It would basically be Bilbao vs Valdes, Pique, Puyol, Xavi, Fabregas, Busquets, Bojan, Cuenca & co. The catalans would definitely kick ass.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:02 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Not enough Basques or Catalans here to spark a civil war. Razz

It would basically be Bilbao vs Valdes, Pique, Puyol, Xavi, Fabregas, Busquets, Bojan, Cuenca & co. The catalans would definitely kick ass.

You have no fullbacks, Pedro is not even Catalan now that I have checked, Bojan sucks.

You will control the midfield and get owned everywhere else.

Not to mention that Iniesta who is the most underrated member of the holy trinity is not there. In fact, only Xavi is available, and as good as Puyol is, he is old now.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:03 am

Lord Spencer wrote:Bilbao would win against Barca if you remove all the non Catalan.

I don't know any single decent Catalan striker to partner Pedro, and Iniesta is from Castile and is not Catalan.

The Basques of Bilbao have been playing together for years while not all Catalans are.

Sorry, but Barca does not represent all Catalonian players and hence are overrating the Catalans.

On another note, I am pretty sure sparking a civil war is a bannable offense BC Razz

Valdes
Montoya Puyol Pique Capdevila
Xavi Busquets Cesc
Cuenca/Garcia Bojan Alba

:coffee:

Find me a better Basque team.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:06 am

Puyol old? so what? Zanetti is 38, compared to him Puyol is a teenager Very Happy
Seriously, age has taken a toll on his injuries but his performances are as strong as ever. FBs can be taken from Barca's cantera and they'll do a good enough job, Montoya and Barta could do the job. The only thing that's lacking is the RW.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:08 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Puyol old? so what? Zanetti is 38, compared to him Puyol is a teenager Very Happy
Seriously, age has taken a toll on his injuries but his performances are as strong as ever. FBs can be taken from Barca's cantera and they'll do a good enough job, Montoya and Barta could do the job. The only thing that's lacking is the RW.

Not at all... Catalunya has great fullbacks.

Jordi Alba... the Spanish LB.
Capdevila... former Spanish LB.
Montoya... future Spanish RB.
Didac Vila... very talented LB.
Bruno... Valencia's starting RB.
Not to mention both Puyol and Victor Ruiz can play there if needed...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:11 am

Totally forgot that Alba and Capdevila were catalan Embarassed
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:13 am

BarcaKizz wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:Bilbao would win against Barca if you remove all the non Catalan.

Valdes
Montoya Puyol Pique Capdevila
Xavi Busquets Cesc
Cuenca/Garcia Bojan Alba

Catalan National team vs Basque National team 2859867778

Find me a better Basque team.

Bilbao has the better chance of beating that team.

While the midfield is strong, and the defense is is good, your offense is pitiful.

The fullbacks are good but not good enough. Simply put, Bojan sucks majorly, while Alba and Cuenca are good at most. Without having a good offense to bang in the goals your midfield can't do anything.

All the while, Bilbao are a team that is gelled while your team is not apart from its spine.

@BC, Zanetti is an enigma

That being said, you are right about Puyol.

Regardless, the Basque's still win.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:15 am

BarcaKizz wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Puyol old? so what? Zanetti is 38, compared tNo him Puyol is a teenager Very Happy

Not at all... Catalunya has great fullbacks.

Jordi Alba... the Spanish LB. You put him as an offensive LW and I don't know if he is very effective there.
Capdevila... former Spanish LB. No longer the force he was
Montoya... future Spanish RB. Still not the real deal.
Didac Vila... very talented LB. Only potential now.
Bruno... Valencia's starting RB. Not that great to be honest.
Not to mention both Puyol and Victor Ruiz can play there if needed...
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:18 am

LS you're making it sound like Bilbao has a WC player in every position, when they don't. The Catalans would have WC players in a lot of positions, and decent enough players to fill the ones that don't. On paper, they have the advantage.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:18 am

...wtf are you on about Lord Spencer... Catalunya beat Argentina with a team worse than this... Which Basque superstars would own this team may I ask??? Which fullbacks do they have which are better than these?

Also Bojan has scored 5 goals in 4 games for Catalunya... the kid is a wonderful striker when he feels important and with this team he feels like the star. Perhaps you haven't heard of Fabregas either... not a bad goalscorer...

I ask again... name a team that would beat this...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:29 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:LS you're making it sound like Bilbao has a WC player in every position, when they don't. The Catalans would have WC players in a lot of positions, and decent enough players to fill the ones that don't. On paper, they have the advantage.

This... its Catalunya vs the Basques, not Cat vs the World XI ffs.

Alba plays a LW regularly for Valencia and Mathieu plays at LB... its very effective.

Name better Basque fullbacks... other than Iraola theres nobody.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:38 am

BarcaKizz wrote:...wtf are you on about Lord Spencer... Catalunya beat Argentina with a team worse than this... Which Basque superstars would own this team may I ask??? Which fullbacks do they have which are better than these?

Also Bojan has scored 5 goals in 4 games for Catalunya... the kid is a wonderful striker when he feels important and with this team he feels like the star. Perhaps you haven't heard of Fabregas either... not a bad goalscorer...

I ask again... name a team that would beat this...

I already said that I am mean the Bilbao 11, and this by only taking Spanish Basques.

Friendly matches don't hold much water. Again, in a one off match, the simple fact that Bilbao have been playing together which is simply ignored and the fact that Bojan only plays well "When he feels important" means that the Basques have more than a fighting chance, not that the Catalans will blow them off the water.

Some here were simply taking Barca as the reason Catalans will win without even looking at the team. And while Fabregas is an excellent goal scorer, any neutral observer will tell you he has yet to sync well with Xavi and Busqi.

That being said, either team can win and my argument is that the current Bilbao team would win 3 out of 10, with the Catalans winning 2 and the rest being draws.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:43 am

Gorka Iraizoz
Iraola ----- Mikel San Jose ---- Amorebieta ----- Koikilli

----------------Xabi Alonso ---Javi Martinez

-----Xabi Prieto ---------Ander Herrera -----Munain

---------------Fernando Lorente

Here you go: in my opinion a better team.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:50 am

Also lets not forget the depth this squad has:

Bench:

Joseba Lorente
Aduriz
Aranburu
Del Horno
Arteta
Susueta

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:05 am

Mr.Hendrix wrote: Gorka Iraizoz

Amorebieta plays for Venezuela... Its a good team sure, I just think the Catalans are slightly better. No matter what this Lord of Lords says... a game is won in the midfield and Xavi, Busi and Cesc is just an incredible midfield.

It would be a wonderful game for sure though.

One main reason I back the Catalans is because of Cruyff and the fact that when they play, they generally win...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:23 am

BarcaKizz wrote:

Amorebieta plays for Venezuela... Its a good team sure, I just think the Catalans are slightly better. No matter what this Lord of Lords says... a game is won in the midfield and Xavi, Busi and Cesc is just an incredible midfield.

One main reason I back the Catalans is because of Cruyff and the fact that when they play, they generally win...

Well it doesnt matter if he plays for Venezula or not, he fits the requirement to play in Basque's team.

Anyway, I still think a midfield of Xabi and Javi Martinez with the support of Ander Herrera is (imo) as good or better than the Catalans. The only reason why the catalans might win the midfield battle is because of their chemistry. The way I see it: Martinez > Busquet, Xabi = Xavi, Fab > Ander/Arteta. But again, the Catalans will probably have better fluidity.

But the attack combining of Munain, Lorente, and Prieto is comfortably better than the Catalan attack.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:25 am

BarcaKizz wrote:

I actually dont think the catalans have a different way of playing or anything, it is probably just played like a friendly, a more free for all approach. I dont think they care too much about tactics/philosophy. Its more of a fun/charity type of game.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:30 am

Well I guess it comes down to the way you see it then doesn't it lol... because in my opinion: Busquets >> Martinez, Xavi >>>>>>>>> Alonso, Cesc >>>> Herrera.

Catalan Chemistry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Basque Chem.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:37 am

BarcaKizz wrote:Well I guess it comes down to the way you see it then doesn't it lol... because in my opinion: Busquets >> Martinez, Xavi >>>>>>>>> Alonso, Cesc >>>> Herrera.

Catalan Chemistry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Basque Chem.

I would never take Busquet over Martinez. I guess Busquet's constant diving makes me underrate him, but dont blame me, he plays like a little bitch. Xavi > Xabi is very debatable. I prefer Xabi, but I cant say one is better than the other because they are so vastly different, yet so unique. Cesc is obviously better than Ander, thts not even a question.

But what did you think of the Basque attack compared to the Catalans? I think thts where the Basque team edges it.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next