McAgger
EarlyPrototype
che
Great Leader Sprucenuce
38 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is Rafa Underrated?

Is Rafa Benitez Underrated? - Page 2 Vote_lcap52%Is Rafa Benitez Underrated? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 29 ]
Is Rafa Benitez Underrated? - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Is Rafa Benitez Underrated? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 14 ]
Is Rafa Benitez Underrated? - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%Is Rafa Benitez Underrated? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 56

Is Rafa Benitez Underrated? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Rafa Benitez Underrated?

Post by Highburied Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Liverpool fans are delusional.

Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:22 pm

Sepi wrote:Rafa rests Torres ahead of crucial European Tie --> Media: "Fat Spanish Waiter and his stupid rotation strategy strike again"

Ferguson doesn't play the same team in the league for an entire season --> Media: "Sir Alex demonstrates his superb squad management skills yet again"

Rafa's Liverpool go on a 10 game winning streak, conceding 3 in process, most 1-0 wins --> Media: "Why are Liverpool so defensive and cautious?"

Fergie's United don't concede a goal in 10 games and win all of them 1-0 --> Media: "Grinding out results, even if you are not at top of your game. That's a champion's trait and Sir Alex has done it again"

Rafa's Liverpool have 6 Spanish representatives in Spain's Confed. Cup 2009 squad. --> Media: "Benitez has destroyed Liverpool's soul, Spanish players are too homesick and lightweight for here". All Liverpool need is an arm around the shoulder manager like Roy Hodgson, who can bring Liverpool's traditions back to the club and give them more Englishness. Maybe then, they'd have a chance of winning at places like Stoke.

-----------------------------------------
Arshavin: "Media hated Benitez. They wanted to kill him. In their eyes, he couldn't do anything right for Liverpool, no matter if they won, drew, or lost a game"

:bow:
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:24 pm

IMO a place like PSG will be a good place to judge him.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:40 pm

Sepi wrote:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Quite under rated. I didn't blame him for Liverpool's bad times before he left and I still don't.

What about Inter?

And Inter are doing amazingly with him gone...eh. Suspect A team absolutely spent, last season, loss of depth up front (Milito gone), so many injuries, and players who had lost their hunger. He was right from day one that team needs fresh faces, and I am sure Inter fans will admit it too.

That's the Mourinho syndrome. Rafa, being Mou's biggest enemy, was an absolute idiot for taking that job, knowing players hated him from day one. I can't wait to read the man's autobiography when he speaks of all the under-the-scene stuff he had to deal with.

I don't think you can put Rafa's bad performances at Inter down to post-Mourinho syndrome.

If Mourinho made the players hate Rafa, then how do you explain that the man who replaced Rafa, Leonardo (a former Milan player, transfer scout and coach), a man who would have surely be greatly resented by many inter players, performed far better than Rafa?

I'm definitely not saying that Leonardo is a better coach than Rafa, but I don't think Rafa is WC anymore, if he ever was.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:57 pm

tacticly he is master , man manager ? he sucks :/
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:58 pm

Let's not forget he's the only one who has been able to get WC performances from Fernando Torres.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:00 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Let's not forget he's the only one who has been able to get WC performances from Fernando Torres.

:lol!:

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:02 pm

overrated.

Still remember the only reason why Xabi Alonso is in madrid now is of Benitez foolishness. lack of man management skills and bad transfer handling (though that be outta benitez hands and not his fault).

is Gareth Barry > Xabi Alonso yet?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:04 pm

Sepi wrote:Fergie's United don't concede a goal in 10 games and win all of them 1-0 --> Media: "Grinding out results, even if you are not at top of your game. That's a champion's trait and Sir Alex has done it again"

I agree with this one.

I think he's underated by the media and fans. Pretty sure any observant person who knows anything about footy should be able to to see his real potential.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:10 pm

He's definitely underrated on this forum, constantly shown disrespect he is not owed.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:24 pm

I've gotta say he's underrated. Wining the Champions League for a coach IMO is the hardest competition to win.

The tactical challenges of playing against teams from different countries with different styles and rotating players is very difficult and there are a lots of coach's and players for that matter who can dominate leagues but never win a CL.

Not to mention winning La Liga with Madrid and Barcelona in the league is damn near impossible and he did it twice!!!

The fact that he doesn't have a job right now really makes you wonder what kind of guy he is behind the scenes.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:30 pm

Great manager. unfortunatley because he isn't British or English he was villifed. Didnt have the necessary funds to do what needed to be done. The man was a great tactician. Can't stand the way he was treated tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:49 pm

Were Mou & Wenger villified?

It's because he came from La Liga, IMO.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:40 am

Sepi wrote:Rafa rests Torres ahead of crucial European Tie --> Media: "Fat Spanish Waiter and his stupid rotation strategy strike again"

Ferguson doesn't play the same team in the league for an entire season --> Media: "Sir Alex demonstrates his superb squad management skills yet again"

Rafa's Liverpool go on a 10 game winning streak, conceding 3 in process, most 1-0 wins --> Media: "Why are Liverpool so defensive and cautious?"

Fergie's United don't concede a goal in 10 games and win all of them 1-0 --> Media: "Grinding out results, even if you are not at top of your game. That's a champion's trait and Sir Alex has done it again"

Rafa's Liverpool have 6 Spanish representatives in Spain's Confed. Cup 2009 squad. --> Media: "Benitez has destroyed Liverpool's soul, Spanish players are too homesick and lightweight for here". All Liverpool need is an arm around the shoulder manager like Roy Hodgson, who can bring Liverpool's traditions back to the club and give them more Englishness. Maybe then, they'd have a chance of winning at places like Stoke.

-----------------------------------------
Arshavin: "Media hated Benitez. They wanted to kill him. In their eyes, he couldn't do anything right for Liverpool, no matter if they won, drew, or lost a game"

100% true, although in all fairness the same could be said if you compared the depiction in the media of ay PL manager to SAF, in pommy media that man is untouchable
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:43 am

[mention][/mention] wrote:overrated.

Still remember the only reason why Xabi Alonso is in madrid now is of Benitez foolishness. lack of man management skills and bad transfer handling (though that be outta benitez hands and not his fault).

That much is correct at least. If not for Benitez Alonso would never have put in the performances he did in the 08/09 season and would never even have been on Madrid's radar.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:27 am

RedOranje wrote:
[mention][/mention] wrote:overrated.

That much is correct at least. If not for Benitez Alonso would never have put in the performances he did in the 08/09 season and would never even have been on Madrid's radar.

I have to disagree here, our coach back then wanted to sign Alonso when he was playing for Sociedad and tearing the league up, but Perez was deep into the Galacticos bs
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:10 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:I have to disagree here, our coach back then wanted to sign Alonso when he was playing for Sociedad and tearing the league up, but Perez was deep into the Galacticos bs

He was going to go to Juventus. If RM was interested, he would of went there straight away. He was clearly out of form in 2006/7 though, so that's probably why RM didn't go for him. Basically doing as good as a job as Charlie Adam playing as a DM. :\
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:20 am

First rate coach, probably not first rate manager.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:54 am

ynwa wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:I have to disagree here, our coach back then wanted to sign Alonso when he was playing for Sociedad and tearing the league up, but Perez was deep into the Galacticos bs

He was going to go to Juventus. If RM was interested, he would of went there straight away. He was clearly out of form in 2006/7 though, so that's probably why RM didn't go for him. Basically doing as good as a job as Charlie Adam playing as a DM. :\

No, our manager wanted us to sign him, but we didnt do it because we went for Beckham if my timeline is correct. It's like the time when our coach wanted to sign Alves but Perez was too retarded to do it
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:00 am

Oh, my mistake. I was talking about the 2006/7 window when we wanted to sell him for underperforming. He then lifted his form and was sold to you guys in 09/10 (which f*cked up our system Sad).
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:17 am

I'm pretty sure we were in for Alonso when he was still at La Real. He declined though saying he wanted to try playing outside Spain.

As for Rafa I think he's rated just fine. First rate at tactics but he has his faults like all managers.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:24 am

Brilliant tactician, bad man manager
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by steve_smith Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:40 pm

Sepi wrote:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Quite under rated. I didn't blame him for Liverpool's bad times before he left and I still don't.

What about Inter?

And Inter are doing amazingly with him gone...eh. Suspect A team absolutely spent, last season, loss of depth up front (Milito gone), so many injuries, and players who had lost their hunger. He was right from day one that team needs fresh faces, and I am sure Inter fans will admit it too.

That's the Mourinho syndrome. Rafa, being Mou's biggest enemy, was an absolute idiot for taking that job, knowing players hated him from day one. I can't wait to read the man's autobiography when he speaks of all the under-the-scene stuff he had to deal with.

Rafa made some big mistakes from the get-go. His ego and his fued with Mourinho clouded his judgment.
One of the first things he did was take down a picture of the team with the CL trophey in the locker room. Also, he over-worked the veterans with his intensive training regime which possibly played a part in all the injuries. With these changes he lost support of the players (all verterans who have played on several different clubs with several different coaches)

If he didn't lose support in the locker room, he should of stayed as coach.

The best game (at least 70 minutes of it) Inter played in the last several years was when they dismantled Tottenham in Milan. It was 4-0 at halftime and could have been 6 or 7 - 0. At this moment I had great expectations for Benetiz.

But he lost the locker-room by trying to make too many changes too fast and th rest is history.

I'll agree that he was doomed from the beginning though. This was Moratti's fault.

steve_smith
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:04 am

Balague says that Chelsea is evaluating whether it would be good for them to sign him.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:15 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Balague says that Chelsea is evaluating whether it would be good for them to sign him.

Benitez is a bad man manger, but I don't see how it could get any worse than it is. Imo the Chelsea players are not getting along with AVB. Benitez is a better tactician with more PL experience. Short term it would be a better choice to get Benitez. Abramovic is not very patient too, I keep hearing, but AVB is long term. I don't see him staying for very long.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:16 am

Rafa deserves better than that circus.

hopefully, if an approach is made, he'd turn it down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum