Amar
Yeezus
milanese
The_ItalianFool
cyberman
36 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 19 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:00 am

Chad wrote:Warriors and Hornets have discussed a Chris Paul trade centered around Stephen Curry & Klay Thompson. Wow Monte and CP3, what a nasty backcourt that would be.

I thought Ali-Cossel, where friends off air?

Maybe, dont reallt know. But for me their relationship is better known for their back and forth on cam.

Intresting trade idea, but I think GSW would still suck in too many ways. Firstly, they dont play defence at all. One of the biggest problems of that is Curry and Ellias are both small and cant effectively check bigger shooting gaurds. Ellias is a better defender than he gets credit for, but he still lacks size.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 19 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by Guest Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:03 am

The Franchise wrote:

Maybe, dont reallt know. But for me their relationship is better known for their back and forth on cam.

Intresting trade idea, but I think GSW would still suck in too many ways. Firstly, they dont play defence at all. One of the biggest problems of that is Curry and Ellias are both small and cant effectively check bigger shooting gaurds. Ellias is a better defender than he gets credit for, but he still lacks size.

This is exactly what I first thought. I follow the Suns and I should know that you can't win a championship relying on offense. It would be a lethal offensive combination, but it would definitely be lacking defensively.

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:11 am

Chad wrote:Warriors and Hornets have discussed a Chris Paul trade centered around Stephen Curry & Klay Thompson. Wow Monte and CP3, what a nasty backcourt that would be.

I thought Ali-Cossel, where friends off air?

Pointless for Golden State, he wouldn't resign there. So essentially Steph Curry and Thompson for a 1 year rental where they probably don't get past the 1st round.

Paul has said he's open to Orlando or the Clippers(besides the Knicks obv). He probably wants D12 to stay and they'll play together, but the Magic have no real assets so that's not happening. The Clippers can put a good package together though.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:54 am

According to Chris Broussard from ESPN.com:

It is no secret that the Los Angeles Lakers would like to trade for Dwight Howard or Chris Paul, but sources with knowledge of the situation says the Lakers actually have something greater in mind: acquiring both players.
Hoping to pull off a pair of blockbuster moves that would rock the NBA, the Lakers are willing to trade anyone on their roster outside of Kobe Bryant to bring Howard and Paul to Los Angeles, two sources said.

🎅 Early Christmas Present?

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 19 386184_10100652690170521_6018131_57890072_1322337401_n
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:15 pm

^^ that headline was hilarious when I first saw it.

SOURCES: Lakers would be interested in trading for CP3 and Dwight Howard.

I lol'd. Like how is that an article?

SOURCES: I would be interested in hooking up with Kate Upton and Adriana Lima
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:14 pm

You could probably flip Bynum for CP3...maybe. CP3´s numbers are declining and with his knees...he cant have that long left. Bynum is a injury waiting to happen himself but he is very young, very talented and a center in a league with hardly any left.

Howard....Harder to get done.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:16 pm

I can see either of these done ... but both of them ? This must involve a third team ....
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:52 pm

If Lakers are going to go all out for some one, its gotta be Dwight.

Without doubt the bigger fish, and with some good coaching will become a dominant force in the league.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:33 pm

No matter who the Lakers get or dont get, Coach Brown better of learnt his lesson from the Cavs.

Pass the ball to Lebron (Kobe) and move out the way wont get it done.

Lakers should be instantly better defensively I think. He learnt well from Popovic.

I think they need more speed on the perimenter though, I would consider getting a defensive minded shooting gaurd who can run and hit an open shot and move Kobe to the 3.

Or get a 3 who has those same skills, might be harder to find as 2´s are generally quicker.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:26 pm

Even if we get neither of them .... I'd be happy with a Baron Davis at PG and a guy that can hit 3's like Kapono to spread the floor ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:57 pm

http://www.barstoolsports.com/nyc/super-page/magic-ceo-retiring-because-he-drunk-dialed-dwight-howard-begging-him-to-stay/

AHAHA. The CEO of the Magic resigned after he drunk dialed D12 last night begging him to stay. You can't make this sh1t up
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:08 am

Steve Kyler from hoopsworld:
Sources close to Hornets - Hornets will move Chris Paul "no more games, time to move one... did our best to keep him." -- GSW top the list
All they have to do is sign Tyson Chandler, and CP3 will prob stay. And NBA schedules are out.
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:58 am

Christmas Day Matchups:

Knicks @ Celtics
Mavs @ Heat
Bulls @ Lakers

Great games.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:03 am

pUsHa wrote:Even if we get neither of them .... I'd be happy with a Baron Davis at PG and a guy that can hit 3's like Kapono to spread the floor ...

Really? Baron Davis of 2011?He is about 230lbs, cant jump anymore, plays defence only when the spirit moves him and is only intrested in making films now.

Kapono can shoot great and the Lakers could use that, but his defence defence is horrid.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:03 am

i think paul will go to Clippers or Knicks

i can see both paul and howard heading over to NY.... one to Nets other to Knicks...

sucks that NJ is moving to Brooklyn....Their Arena was 3 minutes walk from my campus....

Last edited by imalegend on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:03 am

dmize wrote:http://www.barstoolsports.com/nyc/super-page/magic-ceo-retiring-because-he-drunk-dialed-dwight-howard-begging-him-to-stay/

AHAHA. The CEO of the Magic resigned after he drunk dialed D12 last night begging him to stay. You can't make this sh1t up

Oh man.......lol

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:07 am

imalegend wrote:i think paul will go to Clippers or Knicks

Dont you think the Clipper, even with Paul would be 3 years at least away from contending? Paul surely wants to contend now, not 3 years from now?

Blake is a beast, Eric Gordan isnt far off being a top 5 shooting gaurd and Dandre Jordan is talented but they still need alot of time.

Also, who wans to play with Donald Sterling as your owner who may or may not be racist and openly heckles his own players during games.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:09 am

The Franchise wrote:
imalegend wrote:i think paul will go to Clippers or Knicks

Dont you think the Clipper, even with Paul would be 3 years at least away from contending? Paul surely wants to contend now, not 3 years from now?

Blake is a beast, Eric Gordan isnt far off being a top 5 shooting gaurd and Dandre Jordan is talented but they still need alot of time.

Also, who wans to play with Donald Sterling as your owner who may or may not be racist and openly heckles his own players during games.

i know...but you never know..... i think he will be heading to NY... Knicks or Nets
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:19 am

If I am CP3 and I want to move on, then Lakers, Knicks and Boston are where I would like to go in that order.

Nets no way..already got Williams and he wont resign anyway. Almost as bad a situation than where he is now.

Knicks would be intresting though.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:29 am

I have a strange feeling the C's are going end up with CP3, if just for a year. Danny Ainge is crazy enough to take that risk. But then again I also believe the Clips have a great shot at getting him too. And he would probably extend there. They may not be contenders right away(esp if they lose Gordon in the trade) but I think they'd be contenders in a couple of years especially in the West. Spurs, Lakers, Mavs they could all give problems to in a 7 game format(assuming they still had Gordon or replaced him the next year, Warrens def not the guy)

And as much as it pains me to say if the Lakers are offering Bynum + Odom, they're probably the leaders for D12 at this point.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:11 am

Agreed.

Seems like Tyson Chandler wont be staying with the Mavs. Apperently the idioit wants a max deal...im like seriously.......

Big blow to the Mavs, defensively he is key for them. Also does a underrated job on offence because he is always a threat for lobs and putbacks.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:14 am

Just as I say that, back to old news.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_chris_paul_hornets_offers_nba_120611

As the New Orleans Hornets push closer to making a decision on where to trade Chris Paul(notes), the All-Star point guard has indicated the Los Angeles Clippers and Golden State Warriors could significantly raise their chances of keeping him beyond this season if they also sign center Tyson Chandler(notes), league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Tuesday.

Paul hasn’t promised he would re-sign with one of those teams following the 2011-12 season if they acquired Chandler, but league sources said Chandler could make a significant difference in ultimately swaying Paul to commit to a long-term deal.

More From Adrian Wojnarowski
NBA teams to open camps Friday Dec 6, 2011
Free-agent buzz: Players seek way out of China Dec 5, 2011

The Hornets could make a decision where to trade Chris Paul before training camps open.
(NBAE/Getty Images)
Three teams in pursuit of Paul believe the Hornets will push for final offers – and make a decision – by the start of training camp on Friday, front-office sources told Yahoo! Sports. The Clippers’ and Warriors’ packages are the most intriguing to New Orleans general manager Dell Demps, league sources said.

So far, talks between the Hornets and Los Angeles Lakers have gathered little, if any, traction, sources said. The Boston Celtics remain aggressive in their pursuit of Paul and held discussions with New Orleans on Tuesday.

The Hornets were significantly engaged in talks with the Clippers in talks on Tuesday, but the Clippers have shown no desire to meet Chandler’s request for a contract starting at more than $12 million a year, sources said. The Clippers are worried about an ability to pay significant money to Blake Griffin(notes), Eric Gordon(notes), Paul and Chandler over the long term.

[ Related: Orlando billboard campaigns for Chris Paul trade ]

The Clippers would have to include 23-year-old restricted free-agent center DeAndre Jordan(notes) in a package to get Paul, along with forward Al-Farouq Aminu(notes), guard Eric Bledsoe(notes) and the 2012 first-round pick they acquired from the Minnesota Timberwolves.

The Clippers are more attractive to Paul than the Warriors or Boston Celtics, because of the chance to be paired with Griffin and Gordon. Golden State has been aggressive in its pursuit of Chandler independent of Paul, but the Warriors don’t have as appealing a supporting cast for Paul. The Warriors’ offer for Paul is centered around Stephen Curry(notes) and rookie guard Klay Thompson(notes).

The Hornets consider the Clippers and Warriors to have the most desirable trade assets, but Paul has been hesitant to commit to signing a contract extension to remain with either team unless they surround him with enough talent. Paul’s ultimate hope has been a long-term pairing with Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard(notes), but Paul did play three seasons with Chandler in New Orleans, where they came within a game of reaching the 2008 Western Conference finals.

[Y! Sports Shop: Buy gear of your favorite NBA team]

As constituted, the Hornets prefer the Clippers and Warriors packages, but were still discussing several scenarios with the Celtics – including third-team trade possibilities and sign-and-trade money for restricted free agent forward Jeff Green(notes). The Hornets prefer Curry to Rajon Rondo(notes), sources said, but a third team could sweeten the Celtics package beyond the core of Rondo and Green.

The Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks also have aggressively pursued Paul. Dallas remains a long shot in the talks, but has been canvassing other teams for players that would interest the Hornets.

The Rockets would offer some combination of Kevin Martin(notes), Kyle Lowry, Luis Scola(notes), Patrick Paterson and draft picks. The Clippers are intriguing to the Hornets because of the possibility of the emerging young Jordan, who would likely receive a $45 million-$50 million, five-year contract in a sign-and-trade deal.

If the Clippers don’t trade for Paul, they will try to ultimately sell him on signing with them as a free agent in July, with the allure of Jordan on a less expensive long-term deal than they would have to pay Chandler now
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:18 am

Also reading, the Clips have made an offer included Eric Gordon and restricted free agent DeAndre Jordan. I suppose they will then sign Chandler.

Griff, Chandler and Paul....is that really enough?

Warriors' offer centered around Stephen Curry and rookie Klay Thompson.. Already talked about Paul and Ellis together, not convinced.

Celtics offered Rajon Rondo, two future first-round picks, and restricted free agent Jeff Green in a sign-and-trade for Paul. Also they dont mind he wont commit to resign apperently. Best deal IMO.

But the best the Knicks can offer at the moment is Chauncey Billups' expiring $14 million contract, Landry Fields, Iman Shumpert and center Jerome Jordan, a solid prospect who has yet to play a minute in the NBA.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:21 am

If I'm the Mavs I free up space and bring back the hometown boy Deron Williams. No way Jason Kidd (a player who I highly admire) has more than one year left.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:33 am

The Franchise wrote:Also reading, the Clips have made an offer included Eric Gordon and restricted free agent DeAndre Jordan. I suppose they will then sign Chandler.

Griff, Chandler and Paul....is that really enough?

Warriors' offer centered around Stephen Curry and rookie Klay Thompson.. Already talked about Paul and Ellis together, not convinced.

Celtics offered Rajon Rondo, two future first-round picks, and restricted free agent Jeff Green in a sign-and-trade for Paul. Also they dont mind he wont commit to resign apperently. Best deal IMO.

But the best the Knicks can offer at the moment is Chauncey Billups' expiring $14 million contract, Landry Fields, Iman Shumpert and center Jerome Jordan, a solid prospect who has yet to play a minute in the NBA.

The Clips would have to find a better SG than Foye to compete right away, I would think. Not sure on their cap situation but the best that's out there is JR Smith I think.

Not sold on the Celts offering 2 first rounders but as long as one of them isn't the Clippers top 15 protected ,then it's not so bad.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:54 am

JR Smith cant come back to the NBA I hear lol

China dont have to let him go and he scored 55 and pulled down 22 boards the other day so...lol

I disagree about Kidd though, aslong as is allowed to gaurd shooting gaurds he will be fine.

Mavs would obviously love Williams though....not gonna happen my first thought
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next