Amar
Yeezus
milanese
The_ItalianFool
cyberman
36 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 11 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by dmize Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:18 am

6. Wizards - Jan Vesely
7. Sacramento(Bobcats have rights) - Bismack Biyombo
8. Detroit - Brandon Knight
9. Charlotte - Kemba Walker
10. Milwaukee - Jimmer Freddette

Knight and Walker both slipping. Utah screwed everything.

Edit: Knight got picked and I bet Kemba goes to the Bobcats next
Edit 2: I was right Cool
Edit 3: Alright done now, just wanted to post the first 10 picks

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 11 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:39 am

Hell Yes....I love our pick....Klay Thompson baby......
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:45 am

lol from reading Raptors forums, their fans are PISSED that they drafted another euro. It's comedy.

an 3 euros in the top 6, everyone trying to find the next Dirk Laughing
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:54 am

11. Klay Thompson - Golden State Warriors
12. Alec Burks - Utah Jazz
13. Markieff Morris - Phoenix Suns
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:38 am

14. Marcus Morris - Houston Rockets
15. Kawhi Leonard - Pacers (traded to SAS for Geroge HIll)
16. Nikola Vucevic - 76ers
17. Iman Shumpert - NYKnicks
18. Chris Singleton - Washington Wizards
19. Tobias Harris - Bucks
20. Donatas Motiejunas - Minnesota Timberwolves
21. Nolan Smith - Blazers
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:55 am

Messiakanino wrote:14. Marcus Morris - Houston Rockets
15. Kawhi Leonard - Pacers (traded to SAS for Geroge HIll)
16. Nikola Vucevic - 76ers
17. Iman Shumpert - NYKnicks
18. Chris Singleton - Washington Wizards
19. Tobias Harris - Bucks
20. Donatas Motiejunas - Minnesota Timberwolves
21. Nolan Smith - Blazers

Leonard really slipped. It was thought he might go in the top 10. And I like the Knicks pick(although they could have used interior help more), I knew Shumpert would go relatively high. I think he's got good upside.

Last edited by dmize on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:06 am

Raps screwed up again.. Damn.. Their whole front of office needs to get changed
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:15 am

Even though I would have preferred Marshon Brooks instead the Celtics got Jujuan Johnson, I like the pick. We needed a C but hopefully can address that in FA.

Edit: actually the more I think about it, the more I like this pick. I wouldn't compare JJ to Garnett at this stage but he certainly has a very similar game. 6'10, great rebounder, good defender, and he's got a very solid mid range game.

Celtics drafted E'Twan Moore with their 2nd round pick, also from Purdue. Okay pick, he was an above average point in college but his game never really blew me away. He's a solid scorer from what I remember, he could hit the mid range, hit the 3. He's not that explosive or athletic, he definitely won't be beating many people off the dribble, but he takes care of the ball and handles it well. I think what stood out most to me though, was his defense.

Last edited by dmize on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:47 am

Glad Jimmy Butler got picked in the first round, went to the bulls. Good for him, a hard working kid who deserved it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2011/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=Butler-110618

^^His story, he went through a lot
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:05 am

After seeing this all play out, I think the winners are Denver, Charlotte, Golden St. I thought Houston did well, Boston did well, and so did San Antonio. Cleveland did pretty good as well imo. Wizards too, not for the Vesely pick, but for picking Singleton and Mack.

I wouldn't say the T-wolves lost completely because they got Derrick Williams but other than that, lousy draft. Kings lost too for taking on Salmons contract in order to move down to draft Jimmer, smh. Trailblazers I would say lost too, they acquire Felton and then draft a PG, wtf?
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:08 am

Wow...what an inspirational story....Im really glad for him...seems like a very good and humble kid and he's been through a lot of difficulties in life. He deserves it more than anyone.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:41 am

Golden State Review:

I really liked our drafts.....I think we can hold our heads high and know that we got something useful for the team in this draft.

11th Pick: Klay Thompson, SG/SF
39th Pick: Jeremy Tyler, PF/C
44th Pick: Charles Jenkins, PG/SG

Klay Thompson looks very promising, he is an automatic knockdown shooter....He'll give us points from the bench without problems. I like his versatility so if he improves on some other aspects of his game, like get stronger and improve his ball-handling and defending, i think he could be star in the league.

Jeremy Tyler gives a big guy off the bench....He's very strong, im not really sure how good he is but any big guy is good for us.

I really like the fact that we drafted Charles Jenkins. I think the guy is a steal at 44. He could turn out to be a very good back-up guard. He can play both the two and the one and he can score. Perfect back-up for Steph. And now we can actually get rid of Acie Law.

Monta Ellis trade seems unlikely as all the board members have been denying it in the last couple of days. I actually want us to trade him. He's very selfish and he adds nothing but scoring to the team. I think he's also holding Curry's true potential back. Getting Iguodala for him would be gold.
I hope this trade goes through now that we have Klay who can also score. Iguodala will improve us immensely on the defensive end.

And one last thing we need to do is go for BIG man in free agency. Nene looks like the best big men in the free agency this summer, and he's willing to leave Denver. I hope we go for him. He'll be the perfect big guy we've always needed to improve.

HOpefully OUR squad for 2011-12

-------Curry-----Iguodala-----
-Wright-----------------Lee---
-------------Nene--------------

Bench: Klay Thompson(SG/SF), Reggie Williams(SF/SG), Andres Biedrins (C), Ekpe Udoh (PF/C), Charles Jenkins (PG/SG), Jeremy Lin(PG), Louis Amundson (PF).

Jeff Adrien, Cherlie Bell, Acie Law, Vladimir Radmanovic, and Al Thornton all need to be waived or gotten rid of somehow. I don't want this guys anywhere near our team anymore.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:54 pm

Monta Ellis>Curry for me, I have to say.

Monta is a superior scorer and at least occasionally tries defensively, he is a shooting gaurd and doesnt pretend to be anything else.

Curry is a nice kid, so nobody talks about how horrible he is defensively and how he doesnt even try at times. Curry has more trade value too, maybe trading him is actually the better idea for G-State.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:38 pm

Hell NO man...what u been smoking. Just because Monte averages 24 points per game from 25-30 shots he takes doesn't make him better than Curry at all.

I agree with you that Monte is a beast scoring wise, and i doubt there's many better than him in that aspect, but he's so selfish and annoying.

I don't think you've watched enough GSW games in the past two years to say that Ellis tries more defensively than Curry. Ask anyone and they'll tell you that Curry is the better defensive guard. He defense with team while Ellis is just useless in that aspect.

Ellis doesn't add anything other than scoring to the team. And through his scoring he holds his teammates back because he takes the ball and tries to do it all himself. Curry would be averaging more than 20 points and 10 assists if Monte plays more for the team.

What im saying is if GSW want to make the playoffs and have a run at the title it will surely be without Monte Ellis. Curry is better than Ellis in everything else, and he's actually a more efficient scorer, for a guard.

There's no way in hell it's a better idea for us to trade Curry and keep Ellis. :bball:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:58 pm

Messiakanino wrote:Hell NO man...what u been smoking. Just because Monte averages 24 points per game from 25-30 shots he takes doesn't make him better than Curry at all.

I agree with you that Monte is a beast scoring wise, and i doubt there's many better than him in that aspect, but he's so selfish and annoying.

I don't think you've watched enough GSW games in the past two years to say that Ellis tries more defensively than Curry. Ask anyone and they'll tell you that Curry is the better defensive guard. He defense with team while Ellis is just useless in that aspect.

Ellis doesn't add anything other than scoring to the team. And through his scoring he holds his teammates back because he takes the ball and tries to do it all himself. Curry would be averaging more than 20 points and 10 assists if Monte plays more for the team.

There's no way in hell it's a better idea for us to trade Curry and keep Ellis. :bball:

Lol, I thought it was common knowledge Monte Ellis was better. Also common knowledge,is that Curry is the most liable defender on the team. Last year Monte proved he can defend, when he wanted to.

Check out this article by a GSt Beat Writer, titled, "If It's About Defense, Why Trade Monte Ellis?": csnbayarea.com/06/10/11/BSteinmetzb-If-its-about-defense-why-tra/landing_steinmetz_v3.html?blockID=534146&feedID=2539

Personally, I wouldn't really want to trade Curry either, but if I had to decide between him and Ellis, I'm trading Curry.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:56 pm

Messiakanino wrote:Hell NO man...what u been smoking. Just because Monte averages 24 points per game from 25-30 shots he takes doesn't make him better than Curry at all.

What im saying is if GSW want to make the playoffs and have a run at the title it will surely be without Monte Ellis. Curry is better than Ellis in everything else, and he's actually a more efficient scorer, for a guard.

Dude, I am not a idioit, I dont rate players just based on how many points they score. Give me more credit then that.

But for the record, dont know why you dissing Ellis shooting the ball. Its not like he scoring only because he shots alot, he is shooting 45%, thats a superb number considering all the factors.

He is somewhat selfish, but he is a scoring gaurd, they are all selfish.

Curry is useless defensively, he is weak, cant stay in front of him man, dude, he doesnt even try.

Ellis isnt special, but I seen him have great games defensively against Kobe for example. What that article says isnt rubbish, its legit, I have seen G-State games.

Curry isnt a more efficent scorer..he just shoots less. If he shot more, the % would decrease I am willing to bet. He is a great shooter, but he doesnt have to create his own shot as much, because of the defensive attention of Ellis. Without him, he wouldnt get the freedom he gets now and the looks he gets now.

If you trade Ellis what will you get for him?

If you trade Curry what do you get for him?

You would get something better for Curry despite Ellis being actually, the better player on both ends of the floor.

Makes sense to me, trade Curry. That my opinion.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:56 pm

Anyone hear about the T'Wolves guy they drafted, thought he was 21 but is actually 27? LOL
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:09 am

Plus if you trade Ellis, you now have Curry running point. He's a SG in a PG's body and never was a natural PG, so I'm not sure how that would end up.

The Franchise wrote:Anyone hear about the T'Wolves guy they drafted, thought he was 21 but is actually 27? LOL

Yeah Ngonbo or something like that. He was probably never going to come over anyway but now he's ineligible so it's safe to say we definitely won't be seeing him in the NBA.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:26 am

The Bobcats are set up to be really good in the future, I like what they are doing. Their new GM was an assistant, I believe, with the Thunder before this. So he's trying to follow their strategy of building with draft picks, basically taking a step back in order to compete in a few years.

They will most likely compete for the lottery next year in the shortened season, and be set up to try to get Barnes. Or Terrence Jones if Barnes isn't there.

Potential Lineup for 2012

PG-K.Walker/DJ Augustin
SG-G.Henderson/Carroll
SF-H.Barnes/F.A.(Maggette will be gone)
PF-B.Diaw/Tyrus Thomas/D.Cunningham
C-B.Biyombo/J.Pryzbilla/K.Brown

If they add a solid, veteran PF in Free Agency they could be very good 2-3 years from now. They set themselves up well imo.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:43 am

The Franchise wrote:

Dude, I am not a idioit, I dont rate players just based on how many points they score. Give me more credit then that.

But for the record, dont know why you dissing Ellis shooting the ball. Its not like he scoring only because he shots alot, he is shooting 45%, thats a superb number considering all the factors.

Curry is useless defensively, he is weak, cant stay in front of him man, dude, he doesnt even try.

Ellis isnt special, but I seen him have great games defensively against Kobe for example. What that article says isnt rubbish, its legit, I have seen G-State games.

Curry isnt a more efficent scorer..he just shoots less. If he shot more, the % would decrease I am willing to bet. He is a great shooter, but he doesnt have to create his own shot as much, because of the defensive attention of Ellis. Without him, he wouldnt get the freedom he gets now and the looks he gets now.

You would get something better for Curry despite Ellis being actually, the better player on both ends of the floor.

Curry is better at guarding the 1 than Ellis is at guarding the 2 simply because at 6'3 Curry is NOT undersized for PG but Ellis is a very undersized SG. Curry is MUCH better offensively at the 1 than Ellis is because of his play making ability. It's not rocket science. We would be trading for an elite defender AT THE POSITION HE WOULD BE PLAYING. Curry is a better team defender, but worse lock down man defender I agree with you on this. Ellis causes more defensive breakdowns with his gambling and laziness than Curry does with his mediocre foot-speed.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:48 am

dmize wrote:Plus if you trade Ellis, you now have Curry running point. He's a SG in a PG's body and never was a natural PG, so I'm not sure how that would end up.

Curry is our PG, you know that right? Even if we keep Ellis, Curry will be running point. Curry is a much better PG than Ellis. Steph's play making ability is way above Monte's.

I don't understand why people underrate Curry's playmaking ability at the poing guard position so much. He's isn't just a shooter. He's proven that in 2 years he's played in the league. People were saying that he's a SG in a PG's body when he just got drafted but that was understandable, now he's proven that he's more than capable of playing PG.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:48 am

Messiakanino wrote:
dmize wrote:Plus if you trade Ellis, you now have Curry running point. He's a SG in a PG's body and never was a natural PG, so I'm not sure how that would end up.

Curry is our PG, you know that right? Even if we keep Ellis, Curry will be running point. Curry is a much better PG than Ellis. Steph's play making ability is way above Monte's.

I don't understand why people underrate Curry's playmaking ability at the poing guard position so much. He's isn't just a shooter. He's proven that in 2 years he's played in the league. People were saying that he's a SG in a PG's body when he just got drafted but that was understandable, now he's proven that he's more than capable of playing PG.

No, Curry was not your full-time PG, definitely not, and I watched a lotta Warrior games. He handled the PG duties at times but he is much more effective when he' wasn't handling the ball, and coming off screens to catch and shoot. I watched him at Davidson too, wasn't a PG there either. He played the 2. He's yet to prove he can effectively run a team as a full-time PG.

My point is neither one are great passing guards, but Monta Ellis is the better player. Curry is obviously the better shooter, but Ellis is more versatile offensively, he can score in a variety of ways, and he's not as much of a liability on defense.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:12 pm

Messiakanino wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Curry is better at guarding the 1 than Ellis is at guarding the 2 simply because at 6'3 Curry is NOT undersized for PG but Ellis is a very undersized SG. Curry is MUCH better offensively at the 1 than Ellis is because of his play making ability. It's not rocket science. We would be trading for an elite defender AT THE POSITION HE WOULD BE PLAYING. Curry is a better team defender, but worse lock down man defender I agree with you on this. Ellis causes more defensive breakdowns with his gambling and laziness than Curry does with his mediocre foot-speed.

Curry cant gaurd anyone..doesnt matter about size. Curry routienly gets lit up by guys like Felton...let alone guys like Rose, Williams. Ellis despite being undersized has done good jobs on Kobe, Roy and others. Curry hasnt done a good job on anyone. Size doesnt matter in this case here.

I am done here, we going around in circles. Just said my opinion, thats all.

Ellis is better then Curry for me.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ♠Ace Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:28 pm

anyone from Toronto?
I really like what they did this year draft, even if it meant getting another European.
Drafted Jonas Valanciunas, high potential and high risk center, that won't be coming till 2012-2013 season. Next year is likely to be a shorten season with the lockout, so I see them tanking the whole season.
Alot of draft prospects this year postpone their nba entrance due to the lockout. They will be likely available(assuming lockout is over) next year, which is why next year draft is loaded with talent.

♠Ace
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:44 pm

♠️Ace wrote:anyone from Toronto?
I really like what they did this year draft, even if it meant getting another European.
Drafted Jonas Valanciunas, high potential and high risk center, that won't be coming till 2012-2013 season. Next year is likely to be a shorten season with the lockout, so I see them tanking the whole season.
Alot of draft prospects this year postpone their nba entrance due to the lockout. They will be likely available(assuming lockout is over) next year, which is why next year draft is loaded with talent.

Raps is 4 lol Very Happy

Yeah they did a good job , I saw them tanking as soon as they got Valanciunas , by 12-13 I think they'll let Bargs go , they'll probably get another top pick in that draft so potentially they become again a play-off team .

I also like what the Lakers did in this draft ... got that Gudelock guy , great 3pt shooter , will spread the floor , and that's what we need .... and that Morris is a good PG , has great vision and is quick , just what we need off the bench ...I'm satisfied , now we need to use the MLE on a big ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:09 pm

You guys actually like what the Raps did? You had a glaring need for a PG, with both Brandon Knight and Kemba on the board and you grab another big who's not going to come over until 2012. Valanciunas could very well be good, he needs to get stronger before he comes over, but I think they would have been better set with B.Knight/Walker.

But I guess there's a good chance you could get your PG next year in the lottery with either Rivers, Teague, Kabongo.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next