Does anyone here take the club world championship seriously?

+20
Dnmac4
S32TABLANCA
LeSwagg James
pUsHa
futbol_bill
TheRedStag
Catracho
BarrileteCosmico
spanky
CBarca
zizzle
Lord Awesome
EarlyPrototype
The Franchise
rwo power
Nishankly
Ganso
OLpower
chinomaster182
jibers
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Does anyone here take the club world championship seriously? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does anyone here take the club world championship seriously?

Post by chinomaster182 Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:25 pm

I don't think its a joke of and idea to bring in the other champions, i think nobody thought the African club Mazembe would reach the finals last year but they did and now thats a part of their clubs history.

If the supposedly stronger teams are really stronger then why should they worry about the other teams?

chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Does anyone here take the club world championship seriously? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does anyone here take the club world championship seriously?

Post by Ganso Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:27 pm

btw chino and hispano,are monterrey goat?because america gave Santos a run for their money.(mexican teams always do against us)
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:29 pm

I don't care for it at all, but it's another trophy.

If Barca wins it...yayyy.

If they don't, I really couldn't care less.

I don't even watch it.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:36 pm

only the brazilians and that guy from uruguay (btw where is he? havent seen him in a while now)
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:42 pm

All south americans take this tournament very seriously. Most Europeans, in their hubris, don't.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:43 pm

I loved the look on Ronaldinhos face when he lost to Internacional.

They were definitely trying.. so was Liverpool when they lost to Sao Paulo.. Ceni GOAT.

Santos will probably win the comp though. They seem to favor Cup Tourneys more than Regular Season tourneys like Brasileirao.

Internacional 2.0 imo. :coffee:
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:45 pm

I think the players take them very serious, thats for sure.

When Pedro scored, everyone went crazy.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:47 pm

I don't think its a big trophy. I know people from South America see it as a big prise but the CL itself is the main trophy. CWC is mickey mouse trophy imo.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:53 pm

The Franchise wrote:I think the players take them very serious, thats for sure.

Yet at the same time Xavi said that in 2006 they didn't take it seriously at all and they lost. The fact that they had that experience still in their memory helped them avoid the same mistake.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:56 pm

The Franchise wrote:I think the players take them very serious, thats for sure.

Maybe that might be because it was the last piece of the puzzle.

Win that match and they have achieved all their goals.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:58 pm

True, both of yall.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:00 pm

The south americans do, since they are always seeking better competition as it's very thin back home. For europeans it's a vacation award from last season's result and for other areas, it a chance to play with the better teams in Europe and S.A.

The true world club championship is the UEFA champions league, since all the better clubs with the exception of possibly 4 or 5 S.A teams are involved.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:20 pm

Milan steamrolled Boca in 07 :lucas:
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:24 pm

LOL joke of a trophy.. Means nothing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:37 pm

Its not on the level of the normal all year championships, just a glorified international supercup really. A good deal of prestige, though. And it carries that nice gold badge too! Very Happy
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:39 pm

I think people see this as a similar to the supercup... not as important as European, domestic league and domestic cup competitions... but something you don't want to lose if you can avoid it. More bragging rights than an important trophy.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:59 pm

How is this not an important trophy? What's the point of beating the CL if you're going to get beaten by Nacional, Estudiantes or Santos? To be the best, you have to win against the best.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:03 pm

But you already beat the best. Very Happy
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:05 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:How is this not an important trophy? What's the point of beating the CL if you're going to get beaten by Nacional, Estudiantes or Santos? To be the best, you have to win against the best.

I don't think anybody looks at their continental championship tournament as a way to get into the CWC... It's like "hey we're the best in our continent drinking ... anndddd now we have another competition to compete in smoking "
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:10 pm

So you don't think it matters to the players, coaches or fans whether they win it or not?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:13 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:How is this not an important trophy? What's the point of beating the CL if you're going to get beaten by Nacional, Estudiantes or Santos? To be the best, you have to win against the best.

This. Barcelona wiped the floor with every team in Europe last season. their competition in the supposedly biggest game of the year? A Manchester united side with giggs and carrick in mf.... Put united in the south american league and we will struggle. The fact that we ached the cl final is a damning verdict on Europe as whole. So this idea that barca beating united in the final makes them the best is just a joke tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:13 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:So you don't think it matters to the players, coaches or fans whether they win it or not?

Once you're there you might as well try to win.. Why wouldn't you lol.. But I can guarantee they would all be more disappointed if they lost the final of their continental championship than the CWC final

I would bet my house on it
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:14 pm

I think pride is always going to be on the line in a tournament like this.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what we think/feel; it's about the players on the field and I'm certain they care. I'm hoping that it's a Santos v Barcelona final; it would glorious to watch Ganso and Neymar go up against Bacelona Thumbs up

I find it more difficult to get interested if no teams that interest me are playing, although I would still tune in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:28 pm

I like the CWC. It's great to see the winners of the two best club tournamnets get together and play each other.

The only problem is how far apart they game is from the Champions league and Libertadores finals. I mean the teams that won those trophies are quite different then what will be put on display in the CWC.

I also like it because the South American leagues are hugely underrated and it give them a platform to prove themselves as most football fans are very European centric.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:05 pm

cwc is a piece of garbage and has no value. if fifa wants to make money they should rehaul the damn thing and spend billions of dollars advertising it.

it could be something special but at the moment its shittier than inter milan.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:22 pm

It's stupid. Lets face it, if you're the best team in Europe then you're automatically the beat team in the world.

LOL Jibers, if Barca lose to Santos are you saying that Santos are stronger/better than Barca? Seriously.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next