RealGunner
Iceman
FennecFox7
BiasedMilanFan3
Great Leader Sprucenuce
84 posters

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Future Best Danish AM at Spurs.... Christian Eriksen Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Future Best Danish AM at Spurs.... Christian Eriksen Thread

Post by vivabarca38 Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:18 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Mole's deception when we challenge for the title this season.

will love to see how he retracts from his words...clown Laughing
You've spent almost 200 million in the past five seasons.....Ofcourse by spending that kind of money you'll be contending for Top 4...

vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Future Best Danish AM at Spurs.... Christian Eriksen Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Future Best Danish AM at Spurs.... Christian Eriksen Thread

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:32 pm

vivabarca38 wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:Mole's deception when we challenge for the title this season.

will love to see how he retracts from his words...clown Laughing
You've spent almost 200 million in the past five seasons.....Ofcourse by spending that kind of money you'll be contending for Top 4...
and have sold around 150M or more in the same time period.....

it was a troll comment anyways. Mole hates Liverpool more than he likes Newcastle, so it'll be nice to see his face when we go top of the league tomorrow after thumping the mancs 5-0.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:36 pm

I actually don't hate Liverpool.... i hate Dalglish and some of your fans ( you really can't blame me for either Laughing )

I actually find how some of the Newcastle fans feel towards Liverpool a bit embarrassing.

I just speak the truth and you don't like it that's quite clear.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:42 pm

Moal shut up lol, your comments towards Liverpool are always negative.

Surely the truth regarding Liverpool can't always be negative, can it?

Especially when Liverpool have had a helluva lot of positive things going their way recently. Never really seen you compliment Liverpool.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I actually don't hate Liverpool.... i hate Dalglish and some of your fans  ( you really can't blame me for either Laughing)

I actually find how some of the Newcastle fans feel towards Liverpool a bit embarrassing.

I just speak the truth and you don't like it that's quite clear.
You downgrade us as we are West Brom or something.

yea, Spurs has finished above us for 4 seasons, but what do they have to show for it ?

1 CL quarter final. that's all. Any trophies for it? NAH. No one will give a fak about it in 10 years time.

In fact, since January of 2013, Spurs have averaged 2.1 pts/ game in PL, and we have averaged 1.97 pts/game. It's very close. You talk as the gap of quality between us and Spurs is as big as the gap of quality between Newcastle and Liverpool.

They are better, but the margins are narrow and nowhere as big as you want to make it out to be.

People wanked over Siggy, Holtby etc, but they have hardly contributed to Spurs. let's see how their new signings fit, before pulling our pants down for them Smile

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:17 pm

Conveniently he leaves out Lloris, Dembele and Vertonghen who had massive seasons with Tottenham. Dempsey played well too and justified his price tag, most of which was recuperated.

Siggy played pretty damn well the second half of the season too and scored some important goals and put in fine performances. He had a bad first half yeah but he played well after January. Holtby only arrived in January and didn't even get a helluva lot of time to perform due to Bale occupying the central area meaning Holtby would either not play or be played on the wing where he was wasted. Either way, just because your signings went straight into the first team and made an impact right away in January onwards (not the norm), doesn't mean Holtby played badly.

I agree with your point that moal underestimates and hates Liverpool but you make some weak points.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:06 am

Had a fantastic debut I thought
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:28 am

Yeah, he was very classy, with every touch.

I think he'll be Spurs best signing.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:39 am

Saw the highlights, this guys really looks special already, looking forward to seeing more Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:01 am

Yeah he was class today. It was Norwich in all fairness, but he looked great, one of Spurs best players easily. Looking forward to seeing more of what he can do. Hopefully he can be the player Spurs have missed since VDV left.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:04 pm

CBarca wrote:Yeah he was class today. It was Norwich in all fairness, but he looked great, one of Spurs best players easily. Looking forward to seeing more of what he can do. Hopefully he can be the player Spurs have missed since VDV left.
I'm not sure his role will be as nailed on as VDV, though. VDV was one of the first names on the teamsheet for Redknapp, and rightly so. However, under AVB, Spurs have seemingly bought every available midfielder in Europe. I have a feeling this could lead to a fair amount of squad rotation and shifting roles depending on the opposition. While this is a good thing for a settled team with versatile players, I'm not sure how it's going to affect Tottenham with its host of new, foreign signings, all of which are accustomed to being the "leading-man" at their former clubs.

For example, it was unnecessary for AVB to play with an out-and-out DM against Norwich. Paulinho and Dembele were more than enough to cover the midfield, especially with Johan Elmander playing the AM/CF position... Against teams with a better AM presence (Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, even Swansea...), a devoted DM could be very useful. In which case, who get's dropped? Dembele and Paulinho don't deserve it. In all honesty, it should be the LW slot that gets the most rotation, as Chadli and Sigurdsson are hardly guaranteed starters. I could see Eriksen being pushed to LW for "big" matches and even matches against opponents that have a strong AM presence. Personally, I still have questions about Eriksen's influence when pushed out to the left.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:09 pm

He's totally different to VDV as well.... VDV was more of an SS in a way the best thing about him was his off the ball movement and arriving late in the box.

Eriksen is totally different, more of a playmaker who will improve the transition of Spurs play and desperately needed.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:13 pm

Casciavit wrote:Gil :facepalm:

1- He complains about him not scoring goals, his job is to playmake and create goal scoring opportunities for the forwards. Scoring is a bonus tbh, 51 assists in 113 appearances playing as a CM in a 4-3-3. Along with 25 goals is quite good. Stats from the league since 2009-2013

2- Him not doing anything of note in the international stage, I guess I could agree it seems like he under performs in an under performing Denmark squad. But, then you start criticizing his world cup appearance when he was only 18 years old ffs Proud

3- He isn't shit in the CL, last season he put up some respectable numbers 4 assists and a goal in the group of death. He's usually the best player on the team, and you also seem to forget he plays for Ajax which isn't the strongest team out there. Not many players can carry an average team and make them world beaters.

Not sure why you're comparing him to Mertens though, one plays as a LW the other one is a CAM/CM. Different positions with different roles.

I don't really care whether he is underrated or overrated, but I think he's developed as much as he could in Ajax and he needs a new challenge to continue his growth as a footballer and moving to Tottenham is a good challenge.

Great move by Spurs and they got an excellent price on him as well.
Proud

He'll do very well in the PL this season, he was great in his first game. Could see him leading the assists chart alongside Ozil this season. Speaking of assists I should definitely put Eriksen on my fantasy team he'll be racking up a fair few points for sure hmm
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:32 pm

Good lad Casc.... adding Eriksen after our H2H Proud

I think i'll add him as well Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:44 pm

I'm tied with Pass Masters.

He has Schneiderlin, Bony and Michu to play. I have Mig and Sturridge.

This one will be a tight one Laughing

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:50 pm

He is another appreciator of Space. Anyone that actually watches the eredivisie regularly knows how good this kid is. Has more cl experience than almost all of Spurs team.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:20 pm

Called it :coffee: 

However, I don't want to overreact after one game, but we've needed that stud central playmaker since last year. Now we have one and it opened up the entire offense. Only a matter of time before he unlocks Soldado who was good yesterday as well. Played a beautiful chested ball to set up that first goal.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:33 pm

Oh I don't mean at all that he would play in the role VDV did or that he is like VDV. Neither of those things are true. Perhaps what I should have said was that perhaps he'll turn into the player Spurs have been missing since VDV and Modric. What I mean is that last season Spurs desperately lacked a player who could link the midfield to the offense correctly (Dempsey, Sigurdsson both couldn't do it), nor did they have a player who could play the killer pass from midfield (Dembele, Siggy, Dempsey all were only able to do it occasionally). Often times the attack seemed rather disjointed, and near the end it was outright "let's see how good of a position we can put Bale in to score".

Modric was the man who made Spurs tick, distributing the ball and linking the midfield to the attack to great effect, while being able to keep the ball in the midfield and bring it forward, the former Dembele wasn't able to do as well, the latter was more Dembele's job. VDV had the touch and the class up front Spurs didn't have last season, the final pass and the man who could finish a move as well.

I feel perhaps Eriksen, judging by yesterday, could become the man who could replace the qualities Spurs missed in losing Modric and VDV, not to be any ready-made replacement for either. We'll see, I was very excited by his debut.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by emassy Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:23 am

I think hes good but i would go with lamela as of now
emassy
emassy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:02 am

Lamela as our central playmaker?  I would completely disagree with your assertion.

Lamela works best off the wings. I think the only issue is who ends up on the right Lamela or Townsend. They are interchangeable, but I wonder what is the most ideal situation because I think they both have to be on the pitch.

This is just based on current form however, I think Chadli will eventually be a stud for us on the left. However, Townsend is perfect cover for both positions, and there is still Lennon out in the woods somewhere.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 3lite Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:45 am

Lamela should learn to speak some English first so he can communicate better with his teammates. Eriksen and Ozil run the EPL midfield.

3lite
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:53 am

jibers wrote:He is another appreciator of Space. Anyone that actually watches the eredivisie regularly knows how good this kid is. Has more cl experience than almost all of Spurs team.
Exactly what Liverpool needed too and yet was overlooked. :facepalm:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:41 am

To be fair he was overlooked by everyone, I even thought Spurs were going to end up with Willian over him :facepalm:

Thank you Chelsea rofl
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 3lite Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:27 am

He wasn't overlooked. Teams looked at him and didn't think he was up to par for whatever reason. Most likely because he isn't Spanish.

Dude is a straight baller. Dortmound could have went with Erikesn and save 10M from Mkh.

3lite
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:46 pm

Mkhitaryan is better than Eriksen pirat 
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:39 am

In your opinion :coffee: 
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next