RealGunner
The Franchise
Great Leader Sprucenuce
41 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Boxing thread  - Page 38 Empty Re: Boxing thread

Post by The Franchise Mon May 05, 2014 2:54 am

Alright just watched it. Very entertaining fight.

A very narrow Floyd win, maybe 2 rounds.

I think Chino has improved alot, his defence alot better and he doesnt fade like he used to. His jab has improved and he he retains his power.

I think he won some rounds very well with his activity. I feel like Floyd stayed on the ropes and that lost him some rounds as he got clubbed. I think he had trouble countering Chino, he could defend well, but his counter game was not there tonight.

He did his best work when he landed first or avoided a single punch in the middle of the ring, but the countering by the ropes we did not see and I think that made for a close fight.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 05, 2014 2:59 am

Did u guys see Broner post fight comms? some ignorant motherfcker

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon May 05, 2014 3:06 am

Laughing

He just dont care at all.

He loves this role he is playing. Not for a second do I believe this is him. He has learnt off Floyd in more ways than just copying parts of his game...he creates a character for the interest.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 05, 2014 3:07 am

ah it's a role? i really dont know him.

can he give any trouble to manny? the guys is talented, a talented idiot
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon May 05, 2014 3:12 am

He says its not, he says its the real him. I still dont believe him.

Or at least its a big exaggeration of who he is.

Trouble Manny? I dont think I will ever trust him to be focused...how he disregarded Maidana was disgraceful.

But, he does pack a ton of power, pre Maidana he showed he was difficult to hit and he is very skilled.

Problem is, he stands there in his wide stance and refuses to move his feet. A young Manny would land 4-5 punches and get out before Broner did anything about it Laughing

On paper, he is better than Rios at least though.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 05, 2014 6:45 am

Oscar De La Hoya ‏@OscarDeLaHoya 2h

I watched several fights again and Floyd should be 43-3
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon May 05, 2014 7:02 am

Manny vs Broner would be interesting, although Manny is kind of past it now.

Franchise is right though, massive difference between Broner and Floyd is footwork/speed. He just doesn't have it, Manny's ambush style would hurt him but I worry about Manny these days as you can see clear as day he's on decline.

I think Khan vs Floyd would be a great fight personally, Floyd is a GOAT and the greatest fighter I've watched live in my era. However he isn't perfect, as shown last night. The fight last night kind of reminded me of that Hatton fight minus a dick of a ref.

Other time/ style he struggled was vs Zab as Zab was quicker than him, that's when Amir comes in. I really think his handspeed would cause Floyd issues, that's not to say he will beat Floyd but I think it makes it a good fight.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon May 05, 2014 7:26 am

RealGunner wrote:Oscar De La Hoya ‏@OscarDeLaHoya  2h

I watched several fights again and Floyd should be 43-3

He thinks he beat Floyd Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon May 05, 2014 5:55 pm

Abramovich wrote:Manny vs Broner would be interesting, although Manny is kind of past it now.

Franchise is right though, massive difference between Broner and Floyd is footwork/speed. He just doesn't have it, Manny's ambush style would hurt him but I worry about Manny these days as you can see clear as day he's on decline.

I think Khan vs Floyd would be a great fight personally, Floyd is a GOAT and the greatest fighter I've watched live in my era. However he isn't perfect, as shown last night. The fight last night kind of reminded me of that Hatton fight minus a dick of a ref.

Other time/ style he struggled was vs Zab as Zab was quicker than him, that's when Amir comes in. I really think his handspeed would cause Floyd issues, that's not to say he will beat Floyd but I think it makes it a good fight.
I think if they fight Floyd will knock him out.
All those punches that Khan gets in doesn't have much power in them. If he had more power in his punch he would be a more dangerous boxer, but I say Floyd will withstand his speed after some time and then start to counter him (much like he did against Maidana). Then it only takes one good hit for Floyd to drop him, cuz Khan's defense is not that good.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon May 05, 2014 7:41 pm

I don't think Khan chin / defense is as bad as people like to make out, although it definitely is a mentality thing.

People always claiming he doesn't have a chin, in turn makes him more vulnerable as he wants to prove he has a chin. I.e vs Garcia and yup I seriously doubt Floyd would get significantly hurt by Khan, we've seen despite the fact that Floyd gets hit little he has a great chin.

For me I want to see the fight, and potentially Porter vs Floyd as well.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Tue May 06, 2014 12:33 am

Not interested in any Floyd fight except for Lara. He's got the reach advantage and speed to keep up with floyd in the middle of ring. Plus he has decent power. If he threw more punches I'd seriously believe he had a slight chance of beating floyd lol
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 06, 2014 6:32 am

Think he will take Canelo?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 30, 2014 6:30 am

2 intresting fights coming up.

Froch - Groves 2. Anyone who didnt see the first fight, Froch was put down early for only the 2nd time in his career before knocking down and eventually stopping Groves in the later round. What that doesnt say is how Groves totally dominated for most of the fight before tiring to some degree, but he was stopped by the ref VERY prematurely. Ref messed up a great fight.

Second fight the following week will be Martinez - Cotto. Martinez looking somewhat ripe for the picking while Cotto has come back strong since losing to Trout, in losing to Floyd and winning a third round KO after that.

I think Groves wins the rematch in a decision win, he is too good a boxer. That being said, if he loses, he will get knocked out/stopped.

In the other fight, I think Cotto will win. My problem with that though is the fight is at Middleweight...Cotto has always struggled at MW because he is too small and his power doesnt carry up the weight well. Plus he never been able to take a punch and Martinez can hit. Still, while Martinez is quick handed, I feel Cotto is the better boxer and Martinez is just too easy to hit.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:32 am

Boxing thread  - Page 38 Cotto_Martinez_weighin_140606_002a

Size difference will be too much for cotto. Cotto may have a shot if martinez's knee is still *bleep* up and he can't move around as he likes to.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:02 am

For me the fight comes down to 2 things, both of which I dont know the answer to.

1. How does Martinez react to Cotto's punches? Can Cotto hurt Martinez? What effect does he have at this increased weight?

2. Who wins if the fight is in the middle of the ring? Basically, who is the better boxer? Cotto is the more traditional boxer, but I have never seen Martinez not control a fight in the middle of the ring. Hands too fast. Cotto however is a great boxer technically, he never loses in the middle of the ring..only when he gets forced on the defensive. So I am very interested to see who controls the action in the center of the ring.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:03 am

What did you think of Froch x Groves 2 Dani?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:17 am

I thought Groves is more talented but has no brain/poor fight plan.

Groves was happy to just hit him with jabs, but followed it up with nothing, no hook, no right hand, no nothing.

If you want to jab your way to a points win that's fine, but after the jab he should of been moving away and frustrating Froch who looks slower footed than ever.

Jabbing and standing still, eventually getting caught on the ropes was his downfall. But give Froch major credit, that was a hell of a KO.

Neither fighter can touch Andre Ward at this weight.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:24 am

Did you watch it btw?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:39 am

Yea, what you said was the general consensus around. Quite few actually thought Groves is taking Froch to 12 rounds and win on points because Froch did look a bit jaded. But it was a poor plan because his defence wasn't convincing and in the end Froch just out-thunk him.

The KO was absolutely brutal. Not sure if Groves is going to fight again.

DeGale said he wants to have a match with Froch. Never seen him so no idea how he is.

Also, did you see Anthony Joshua lol? That guy is literally a beast. His potential could be huge.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:48 am

Yep, Joshua getting alot of hype. Really talented kid, hope he is managed right.

DeGale is tough, he is very good on the inside and hits hard. He matches up well with Froch I think, it would be an intresting fight. He lost to Groves, but thats because Groves had a really good plan to jabbing and staying away.

Froch would enjoy the fight with DeGale more, less movement and more of a war.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:01 am

That's the thing though. If Martinez is still somewhat healthy he has no reason to stand in the middle of the ring with cotto. He will just use his movements and speed to frustrate cotto from the outside. If he's not healthy though i can definitely see Cotto getting close enough to martinez and winning some exchanges on the inside.But again this all depends on Martinez's health and how much the year long rest has affected him. In the end i don't think it will be enough and i think he might even stop cotto.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:02 am

froch is a g, but he dont want it with ma boy junior
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:12 am

I knew Froch was winning that hands down. Groves looked a bit clueless at times tbh. I thought it might've went the distance though.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:32 am

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:froch is a g, but he dont want it with ma boy junior

Jr is a lame ass disgrace to his dad, but I agree. Jr is a match up nightmare for him.

Chin like iron, keeps coming forward and is relentless. Froch cant throw enough volume nor can he run away at his age.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:33 am

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:That's the thing though. If Martinez is still somewhat healthy he has no reason to stand in the middle of the ring with cotto. He will just use his movements and speed to frustrate cotto from the outside. If he's not healthy though i can definitely see Cotto getting close enough to martinez and winning some exchanges on the inside.But again this all depends on Martinez's health and how much the year long rest has affected him. In the end i don't think it will be enough and i think he might even stop cotto.

Cotto isnt just some slow plodder though, he can move. I think he can track Martinez down and cut the ring off on him.

I could see Cotto being stopped yes, he doesnt take punches well at all and at this weight I imagine Martinez will hurt him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:04 am

Yeah, but you also have to take into account Cotto's reach. He's going to have get in close to get good shots off, and i don't think Martinez will let him.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next