BoBo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
JuvenelCuore
DeviAngel
8 posters

Go down

Zoff shares Buffon record  Empty Zoff shares Buffon record

Post by DeviAngel Sun 13 Nov 2011 - 17:51

Dino Zoff congratulates Gigi Buffon on matching his Italy caps record, “but he’ll never reach my 330 consecutive games for Juventus.”

The legendary 1982 World Cup winning goalkeeper had 112 appearances for the Azzurri and Buffon is set to earn his 112th cap in Tuesday’s friendly against Uruguay.

“It’s true, Buffon will catch me, but only for the Azzurri,” Zoff told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“He’ll never reach my 330 consecutive games for Juventus. That record will remain mine alone.

“I first saw Gigi when he was 19 years old and playing for Parma. You could understand right away he had fantastic skills, but when you see someone at that age making his debut, you can never imagine whether or not he’ll surpass 100 caps.”

Buffon has struggled with injuries in recent years and was out for almost the entire campaign after back surgery in 2010.

“Can he play beyond the 2014 World Cup? It depends on his physique. In recent years he’s had a few problems, but if he gets fit then I don’t see why not.

“Italy have talented goalkeepers like Morgan De Sanctis, Salvatore Sirigu and Federico Marchetti, but Gigi is a guarantee.

“This Nazionale could certainly finish in the top four at Euro 2012 and with a bit of luck win the trophy,” continued Zoff.

“We always play to go all the way, even if that means stumbling into embarrassing performances like the last World Cup.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Zoff shares Buffon record  Empty Re: Zoff shares Buffon record

Post by JuvenelCuore Sun 13 Nov 2011 - 17:55

Dino Zoff is the best goalkeeper of all time, and Gianluigi Buffon is second. All that matters is they both are Italian and Juventini. :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun 13 Nov 2011 - 18:02

He never catch up to the Juventus apps tho. Zoff is a legend. Buffon is a legend! Proud to be a Juventino!
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Sun 13 Nov 2011 - 19:10

zoff is a bid mad loosing a record so he claims the last thing that will stand is his CONSECUTIVE games for Juve meaning in a row

He had 330 in a row good for him hard to beat but Gigi sure will have many more games for Juve his total at the moment is 297 or so

Zoff never had an injury or at least it was during the break or so... tough nugget and one fine keeper
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun 13 Nov 2011 - 19:19

BoBo wrote:zoff is a bid mad loosing a record so he claims the last thing that will stand is his CONSECUTIVE games for Juve meaning in a row

He had 330 in a row good for him hard to beat but Gigi sure will have many more games for Juve his total at the moment is 297 or so

Zoff never had an injury or at least it was during the break or so... tough nugget and one fine keeper

zoff is just being realistic. he's so nice, he even says buffon is better than him. he's not trying to be an asshole when he says Gigi will never beat his consectuive games, he's just being realistic.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sun 13 Nov 2011 - 19:20

zarola wrote:
BoBo wrote:zoff is a bid mad loosing a record so he claims the last thing that will stand is his CONSECUTIVE games for Juve meaning in a row

zoff is just being realistic. he's so nice, he even says buffon is better than him. he's not trying to be an asshole when he says Gigi will never beat his consectuive games, he's just being realistic.

Exactly. He is not pulling a Pele where he says "Gianluigi will not do this," "I played until I was 40, Gigi will not do that in 2014 even," or anything of the sort. :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun 13 Nov 2011 - 19:23

Buffon is the best keeper in the past 25 years right before Dino Zoff. Dosen't matter who had more appearences. Both broke records, both are legends and both are world champions.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 13 Nov 2011 - 19:24

Zoff :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Sun 13 Nov 2011 - 19:25

Its history repeating... sure makes u proud of the clubs history
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Sun 13 Nov 2011 - 22:08

since I watch football I saw many great players and great goal keepers who were magical;

but BUFFON and RONALDINHO were something even more special

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sun 13 Nov 2011 - 22:30

2 Champions
2 Legends
1 Club
1 Juve