Brigate Rossonere
Mamad
Giovanni10
EarlyPrototype
Babun
71 posters

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

Sell C.Ronaldo thread! - Page 7 Empty Re: Sell C.Ronaldo thread!

Post by Yuri Yukuv Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:22 pm

I do too, united is a bad example tho

Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:23 pm

Sell CR7 and split the money with goallegacys madristias Very Happy
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:25 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:I dont beleive that. Man U lost the league last year because ronaldo wasnt there, this year they won it because chelsea was utter crap. United were impotent offensively.

well yeah, they dont have the array of talent we have. we will fair much better. there is always a transition period when you lose such a polarizing player in your team, but i honestly think we could do without.
We could put Benz on the left. It would ease the transition a lot. He knows the team and the gameplay Very Happy Kun* as CF then. In midseason, we could see then what works better.

Maria------Ozil-------Benz
----------Kunt-------------
or

Maria-----Ozil------Kunt
----------Higgy-----------

Higuain should be fit by then.
Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:35 am

Better off without him imo, imagine 100 mill+ euros to beef up your squad?
------------Casillas
Ramos---T.Silva-Pepe---Marcelo
------------Xabi-Sahin
Di Maria-------Ozil--------Aguero
-------------Hig/Benz

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:42 am

Giovanni10 wrote:I gave up smashing my head against a brick wall. Why won't this thread die now? Cristiano Ronaldo is the greatest player to have ever played. He is so skilled that it could be just him and ten Sunday league players on the pitch and we would still win. He passes to his teammates and is the complete professional. Modest and humble, that is his mantra. He will be forever loved and cherished as the greatest player to ever wear the number 7 shirt for los Blancos.
Is this a joke? So much delusion

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:47 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
Giovanni10 wrote:I gave up smashing my head against a brick wall. Why won't this thread die now? Cristiano Ronaldo is the greatest player to have ever played. He is so skilled that it could be just him and ten Sunday league players on the pitch and we would still win. He passes to his teammates and is the complete professional. Modest and humble, that is his mantra. He will be forever loved and cherished as the greatest player to ever wear the number 7 shirt for los Blancos.
Is this a joke? So much delusion
Rly was that neccessary?. Then you bitch about some other thread why "Madrid fans always rep you down", only blame this on yourself son, It was hes own opinion, so it must be respected not trashed.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:11 am

Lionel Messi wrote:Better off without him imo, imagine 100 mill+ euros to beef up your squad?
------------Casillas
------------Xabi-Sahin
-------------Hig/Benz

Yea because there will be no one to pwn your little kid. Very Happy

troll
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:16 am

Lionel Messi wrote:Better off without him imo, imagine 100 mill+ euros to beef up your squad?
------------Casillas
------------Xabi-Sahin
-------------Hig/Benz

lol where is ronaldo
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:16 am

El Pipita wrote:
------------Casillas
------------Xabi-Sahin
-------------Hig/Benz

Yea because there will be no one to pwn your little kid. Very Happy

troll
It would be a better more team oriented squad imo

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:17 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
------------Casillas
------------Xabi-Sahin
-------------Hig/Benz

lol where is ronaldo
Well if CR was sold for 150 million or whatever crazy number, Madrid could buy pretty much whoever they wanted

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:24 am

haha true, i dont think it will happen tho. Ronaldo scores an undecent amount of goals, even if I dont rate him as highy as many.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:07 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
------------Casillas
------------Xabi-Sahin
-------------Hig/Benz

lol where is ronaldo

I don't think you understood his post
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:24 am

I stayed away from this thread on purpose because i'm probably already unpopular with my views here lol. But i'm also not a big fan of Ronaldo as a team player... but i do respect his astounding ability individually.

With a team as talented as Madrid, every player needs to compromise, even Ronaldo. You want Ozil to get into a creative and active groove, you would love for Higuain/Benz to get into goalscoring rhythm, Marcelo needs to make his corner runs and cut backs, etc.

What i'm getting at is that Ronaldo needs to allow his talented teammates to reach their greatness. He could be at his very peak... but the team will not be as good as when the others also reach their comfort zones. It's not a coincidence that Marcelo, Benzema and Ozil truly found themselves when CR7 was out of form/injured from January until April.

I've compared him to Kobe Bryant: An ego-maniac with astounding talent that just didn't trust his teammates. You could never question his dedication, competitiveness and production. Granted, Kobe was amazing defensively too lol! But my point here is that Kobe sacrificed his stats when the Lakers got him Gasol, Bynum emerged, etc. What happened? The Lakers dominated for a few years.

CR7 needs to make that mental adjustment. To me, either he realizes how he needs to compromise or we should definitely think about moving him. We have to0 much brilliant talent to allow for them to get stifled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:59 am

Just Sell Di Maria if u wanna sell somebody.i would have kept him tbw. Cr7 is much Better Di Maria.Both have same type of playing style,dribbler and shooter. Why get so much money and sell CR7 if we dont need it? Really we can buy a world class CB and Kunt or Neymar
Kunt/Neymar----Ozil--------CR7--
------------Benzema/Higgy---------
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:21 pm

ZsG7 wrote:Just Sell Di Maria if u wanna sell somebody.i would have kept him tbw. Cr7 is much Better Di Maria.Both have same type of playing style,dribbler and shooter. Why get so much money and sell CR7 if we dont need it? Really we can buy a world class CB and Kunt or Neymar
Kunt/Neymar----Ozil--------CR7--
------------Benzema/Higgy---------
No thx, buddy.
We dont need to buy an raw talent/unproven to fill an CR7s spot. It would be an disaster.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:00 pm

sportsczy wrote:I stayed away from this thread on purpose because i'm probably already unpopular with my views here lol. But i'm also not a big fan of Ronaldo as a team player... but i do respect his astounding ability individually.

With a team as talented as Madrid, every player needs to compromise, even Ronaldo. You want Ozil to get into a creative and active groove, you would love for Higuain/Benz to get into goalscoring rhythm, Marcelo needs to make his corner runs and cut backs, etc.

What i'm getting at is that Ronaldo needs to allow his talented teammates to reach their greatness. He could be at his very peak... but the team will not be as good as when the others also reach their comfort zones. It's not a coincidence that Marcelo, Benzema and Ozil truly found themselves when CR7 was out of form/injured from January until April.

I've compared him to Kobe Bryant: An ego-maniac with astounding talent that just didn't trust his teammates. You could never question his dedication, competitiveness and production. Granted, Kobe was amazing defensively too lol! But my point here is that Kobe sacrificed his stats when the Lakers got him Gasol, Bynum emerged, etc. What happened? The Lakers dominated for a few years.

CR7 needs to make that mental adjustment. To me, either he realizes how he needs to compromise or we should definitely think about moving him. We have to0 much brilliant talent to allow for them to get stifled.

What are you talking about? Your opinion is quite popular and read with anticipation. Well to me anyway. With that said, why are we seriously talking about selling Cristiano? Ignoring the Messi fan totally, I really didn't expect to see such support from Real Madrid fans for something that really isn't gonna do the club any good, either football wise or financially. Was never fond of his attitude but I'm not his mother so it didn't bother me all that much. His selfishness is what makes him who he is, both the good and the bad. He should indeed compromise to be a more team player but one really must understand that both SAF and Mourinho built/build a team around his talents.

I reckon they tolerate his uncompromising ways quite well...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:29 pm

sportsczy wrote:I stayed away from this thread on purpose because i'm probably already unpopular with my views here lol. But i'm also not a big fan of Ronaldo as a team player... but i do respect his astounding ability individually.

Although I don't enjoy a cross-sport analysis, I do understand and agree somewhat with this post. As this discussion has progressed, I have noticed a close to equal divide forming in the Real Madrid section. I admit that initially my evaluation of Ronaldo was a bit harsh, but I did that in order to make my points stick. Let me just say, I am not hating on Cristiano, he is an outstanding player. I just wanted people to consider the hypothetical implications of a team that did not contain him. Ignorant posters say we suck without him, but that is only because when he is going through a long spell without injury we develop a heavy reliance on him in attack.

I've heard now that SAF and Mou have both built a team around him, which begs the question: How can you successfully build a team around an attacking outlet? -what is more acceptable is that teams are usually built around Central midfielders or CAM's for instance. We are faced with the dilemma currently because our most influential playmaker (Ozil) is still somewhat immature (even though he shows great composure for his age). Similarly, so are Di Maria, Benz and Higuain not at an experienced enough age to have a say in how our attacking game should be played. With this responsibility falling to Ronaldo on the pitch, who would doubt that he would not then conduct the attacks in a manner he sees fit?

As we will probably keep Ronaldo, I hope that the longer he plays with his younger teammates, the more he will begin to trust them in link up play and shelve more responsibility to them. They may be young, but someone like Higuain as shown great composure in the past when he was just a baby- in scoring important goals to ensure league titles for us. All in all, its a difficult job he has maintaining his status whilst simultaneously trying to lead his attack.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:41 pm

Nonsense...

Cristiano Ronaldo could walk into any team in the world right now and be the first name on the team sheet, besides at Barca. he is the most valuable player madrid has. Crimson showed on page 2 ( i cant believe this thread is 12 pages long) that he has creat 90+ goal scoring chances, while scoring 35(?)+ goals this season. Not to mention what he does in terms of harrassing and bothering defenses just bc he is on the field.

the 150m you would get would just add depth to ur team. U already have a great team, u dont need to rebuold it by selling the cornerstone of it. The whole system fails without ronaldo... do u really want to take that step backwards? I doubt it...

this is completely disregarding the sh*t show this would be from a business perspective

The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:
As we will probably keep Ronaldo, I hope that the longer he plays with his younger teammates, the more he will begin to trust them in link up play and shelve more responsibility to them. They may be young, but someone like Higuain as shown great composure in the past when he was just a baby- in scoring important goals to ensure league titles for us. All in all, its a difficult job he has maintaining his status whilst simultaneously trying to lead his attack.

Great post Giovanni. I actually dont think it will happen, we may see some improvements, but i'm not betting too much on it. It doesnt mean that we cant win with our current team tho.

What you said about building the team around midfielders is spot on. It's exactly what all great teams do, and you will harldly find a team in the modern football that has had success by building around a forward. Ronaldo is too much of a polarizing figure, and i think mourinho himself realizes that.

Balague, a couple of months ago, discussed of an issue between ronaldo and mourinho, about ronaldo storming off during losses, claiming that we wouldnt be winning without him; same thing after the clasico when he discussed the tactics etc... turns out, mourinho wanted to play him as a forward to limit his involvement in the build up, but ronaldo doesnt want to. He likes playing on the side of the attack.

You can believe what you want, but it tells me even mourinho is aware of such "issue". Just like Casillas calling ronaldo is team mate and his worst enemy on the pitch... All and all, Ronaldo is still a spectacular player, but I will never agree that we wouldnt achieve as much, if not better without him. Things would just be more balanced.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:53 pm

We saw improvement this year. He is a bit more humble in his interviews and has cut the diving by 90% lets hope he can become a better team player. As long as he is banging in goals I am happy.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:57 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Giovanni10 wrote:

Great post Giovanni. I actually dont think it will happen, we may see some improvements, but i'm not betting too much on it. It doesnt mean that we cant win with our current team tho.

What you said about building the team around midfielders is spot on. It's exactly what all great teams do, and you will harldly find a team in the modern football that has had success by building around a forward. Ronaldo is too much of a polarizing figure, and i think mourinho himself realizes that.

Balague, a couple of months ago, discussed of an issue between ronaldo and mourinho, about ronaldo storming off during losses, claiming that we wouldnt be winning without him; same thing after the clasico when he discussed the tactics etc... turns out, mourinho wanted to play him as a forward to limit his involvement in the build up, but ronaldo doesnt want to. He likes playing on the side of the attack.

You can believe what you want, but it tells me even mourinho is aware of such "issue". Just like Casillas calling ronaldo is team mate and his worst enemy on the pitch... All and all, Ronaldo is still a spectacular player, but I will never agree that we wouldnt achieve as much, if not better without him. Things would just be more balanced.

Great return Nick. I like the use of the word "Polarizing" especially, because it best defines his influence on the pitch. Do I agree with Mou that he should have played striker against Barca? 100 percent yes! If only as a temporary arrangement. It bothers me that in the Barca games he gets stuck up in the midfield or out wide most of the time if he has the ball at his feet. He becomes trapped and isolated and that's exactly what Barca want. In big games, if he has the opportunity to exploit channels without the ball at his feet then that is where we become more dangerous.. but that means the responsibility of final third distribution would fall to someone else, and that is where we fail, because that someone else e.g. di Maria, is wasteful 80% of the time.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:08 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Giovanni10 wrote:

Great return Nick. I like the use of the word "Polarizing" especially, because it best defines his influence on the pitch. Do I agree with Mou that he should have played striker against Barca? 100 percent yes! If only as a temporary arrangement. It bothers me that in the Barca games he gets stuck up in the midfield or out wide most of the time if he has the ball at his feet. He becomes trapped and isolated and that's exactly what Barca want. In big games, if he has the opportunity to exploit channels without the ball at his feet then that is where we become more dangerous.. but that means the responsibility of final third distribution would fall to someone else, and that is where we fail, because that someone else e.g. di Maria, is wasteful 80% of the time.

He does get isolated in big games, and more and more teams are going to try to do just thta when they play us. Sit deep, lock him away, and try to limit him. It's harder for them since they have to deal with Ozil and Di Maria now as well.

Ronaldo is probably the most dangerous goalscorer in modern football, because he can them from anywhere. We can be having a crappy game like we did at WHL and ronaldo would strike once and score. That's the kind of efficiency he brings to the team. He can have awful games, and then just score once and make the difference... I tend to value performance over end result more sometimes, so im not impressed by him most of the time.

Our team has gone through a lot, and we cant afford to be complaining to much, winning is winning. But imo, if Mourinho is planning a loong stay here in madrid fergie style, the marriage Ronaldo x RM wont last long.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:15 pm

It will come down to major titles for Ronaldo and Mou. And they are both on a pretty short leash imo. We are putting together a team that is on par with Barca in terms of talent... last year, we were just too weak in the midfield imo to truly compete without resorting to gimmick tactics. We were also going through the adaptive phase with Mou, which always has some rough edges.

This coming year, there are no excuses for either Ronaldo or Mou. Why do i put all the pressure on these two? Because they are the superstars.

If we don't win titles this year, we need to be super competitive against Barca and fight until the end using our tactics. If we use gimmicks again with Barca, it would show me that Mou is not confident enough in our players' ability to go at Barca... and it's tough for players to believe if the manager does not.

Finally, everyone talks about the 53 goals. But you guys need to consider a few things:
- 40 of the 53 were in La Liga, 6 were in CL and 7 in CDR. Benzema scored 6 in CL and 5 in CDR.... and played far less. Elimination games are the most pressure-packed and CR7 tends to try too hard + play selfishly.
- Of the 40 goals in La Liga, 8 were on PKs, 13 were scored in the last 6 meaningless games and with "lets get CR7 the scoring title" tactics.

I'm not saying that scoring 53 is not great. But i also like to look at context... Again, to make a NBA analogy, it's like a player getting eliminated from the playoffs but taking every shot for the last month and a half to win a scoring title. Guess what... you still didn't win the major trophies and most intelligent fans can see how a lot of your scoring happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:20 pm

I realized that our best form through the season was at the end when we deliberately passed the ball to Ronaldo. Maybe we should do that all 38 games in the season lol. Just jokin.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:24 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:I realized that our best form through the season was at the end when we deliberately passed the ball to Ronaldo. Maybe we should do that all 38 games in the season lol. Just jokin.

It had more to do with having no pressure and going all out on the attack... we did not take out our star players to manage them when we had a comfortable lead. We just kept pushing to get Ronaldo as many goals as possible until the last second.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:28 pm

we can just hope that he doesnt pester the whole team next season with his scoring antics...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next