ÖMARz
Le Samourai
Lord Hades
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

why is iker so underrated/ hated on Empty why is iker so underrated/ hated on

Post by Lord Hades Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:08 am

you only have to look at the various threads on the general sections to get the gist of my thread.. i mean this guy has won so many trophies, won so many matches, made such great saves for both club and country, as a person he is humble, and admirable so why do people love hating on him? i mean with the put down comments on this forum i could have been convinced that he is a crap player if i didnt see him every match.. why is it so.. do people undermine him so that they can earn praise for their teams' respective goalie aka kahn ,buffon ,neuer ,valdes because iker is generally regarded as the best around? or are they just insecure that he is only 30 and already won so much ,done so much that he could break a lot of other records by the time he hangs up his boots.. whatever it is its really pathetic to see him getting so much of hate .. plus he has been the best keeper in the world this season
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

why is iker so underrated/ hated on Empty Re: why is iker so underrated/ hated on

Post by Le Samourai Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:53 am

They hate on him because he is on the cusp of overrtaking their beloved legends
Buffon,Khan,Schmeiccel etc.

Another reason is that people have different bases of judgement.

Some judge on class...ie those who still rate Buffon ahead of Neuer and some judge on form...like those who genuinely feel Tim Krul or Neuer is better than Casillas.

He hasn't been the best keeper in the world this season , mainly due to the fact that he has had very little to do.

I would say that he is the best keeper in the world , for any given game but not the best if you count all the saves every other keeper has had to make.

All I know is , that , whoever says that they wouldn't want Casillas between the sticks in the biggest game they ever play is in complete and utter self denial.
He has done enough to deserve the luxury of being regarded as the best nowadays based on what he has done in the defining moments of his career.

If people want to say that Neuer or whoever else is the best performing keeper in the world currently , I see no problem with that - just as long as they don't need to attack Casillas to do it and trample all over his class.

But what the hell...even Madrid fan's feel the need to do it sometimes , jus look at Zeal/Anti-DNA's sig for example... it's just something fan's do I guess.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

why is iker so underrated/ hated on Empty Re: why is iker so underrated/ hated on

Post by ÖMARz Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:02 am

They can say what they want. But they wont change what already is.

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:16 am

Tbh just because other Gk have caught up or are catching up with Casillas and people rightly point this out, doesn't make him underrated...

Also i think there is some sort of resentment hovering over Casillas claim to Best Gk, as two of the best GK's had their form and status ruined by injury, and thus ppl are inclined to think that Iker didn't earn it.

The two i mentioned was Buffon and Cech btw.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:25 am

ragbirjosh wrote:

He hasn't been the best keeper in the world this season , mainly due to the fact that he has had very little to do.

lolwut he has made more saves than any of these other candidates....and has a higher save % as well....

UCL and League 2011/2012 (Except for Buffon no Europe for Juventus lmao):

Casillas:
48 Saves out of 55 Shots on Target = 87.27% of all shots saved, conceding 7

Buffon:
12 Saves out of 16 Shots on Target = 75% of all shots saved, conceding 4

Neuer:
26 Saves out of 33 Shots on Target = 78.78% of all shots saved, conceding 7

Valdes:
15 Saves out of 21 Shots on Target = 71.42% of all shots saved, conceding 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:29 am

I think a major reason is his improved positioning. Early on he relied on his super human reflexes and made wonder saves all the time, Now he has grow and while he can still make super human saves he doesn't need to as often because he reads the game better.
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:32 am

I hate how Neuer has became as good as Casillas now...

If it takes 3-4 seasons at top to match a legend then I've no words for it
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:36 am

Crimson wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:

lolwut he has made more saves than any of these other candidates....and has a higher save % as well....

Casillas:

Buffon:

Neuer:

Valdes:

Well sorry, I was just assuming that they way everyone was jerking off over Neuer that he was making an insane amount of saves.

I guess they were talking about last season.....
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:40 am

Crimson wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:

Casillas:

Buffon:

Neuer:

Valdes:

How many of those was one-on-one's, shots from distance, reflex saves , also how many of those conceded goals was actually savable. The conditions in which those saves are made is not taken into account. Anyway it does display Ikers amazing consistency.

Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:51 am

iker has made some really brilliant saves this season though.. madrid have been caught out quite a few times and iker has produced some great saves... wasnt the best least season though so people are basing his assessment on last season but then again there are some people who just want to plain hate on him and dont recognize his achievements and thats just infuriating
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:55 am

diptiman wrote:iker has made some really brilliant saves this season though.. madrid have been caught out quite a few times and iker has produced some great saves... wasnt the best least season though so people are basing his assessment on last season but then again there are some people who just want to plain hate on him and dont recognize his achievements and thats just infuriating

Trolls should not be taken seriously..
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by teza1992 Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:56 am

Yes he has achieved alot but he'll never be as good as Kahn haha Very Happy
Well he's somewhat of a god in my house hold, remeber the 2001 game against Valencia where he saved 3pens (I think) and that's when I really started to appreciate gk's(i was 9 lol).

But anyways back to Iker...

I don't see how anyone could really dislike him, he seems like such a great guy in press conferences and stuff. And he has achieved alot in what has been a short career from a gk's point of view.
I'm not going to deny that I was hating on him a bit for some of his performences over the last 2years but he's been great this season.

I don't consider iker to be in the Kahn, Buffon, Schmeichel, Neuer( :lol!: ), etc category jet.

But he's only 30 and I strongly believe by the time he hangs his gloves up he'll be on par if not better than Kahn, Buffon, etc (not Neuer obviously haha). He has to win a couple more UCL's, cause internationally Neuer will be sweeping up WC's and Euro's one after another Wink
teza1992
teza1992
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:45 am

He's hated on because he's the best.

Buffon, Surpassed
Peter S, Surpassed
Kahn, Surpassed

Cech, Neuer, Valdes? Laughing

Injury my ass. If were using that excuse then Kaka is still the best midfielder in the world. Rolling Eyes
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:42 am

Imo its because he always gets owned by messi time and time again, he has not surpassed Kahn,Buffon or Peter S yet. Even though he is a great keeper
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:49 am

Buffon 1 than Iker sorry .... Buffon on form is beast and has never made mistakes that Iker has ... but if any1 is near buffon it has to be Iker
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:07 am

xabi wrote:Imo its because he always gets owned by messi time and time again, he has not surpassed Kahn,Buffon or Peter S yet. Even though he is a great keeper

Sounds to me you started watching Real Madrid 2 years ago or something

Iker has denied Messi so many times but our defence always lets him down and he comes 1v1 so many times against Messi... He even denied messi 1v1 in supercopa this year

Iker has saved us so many times against Messi but it's not always enough.

I also think Iker has played against the best players throughout his career, I mean Messi, Xavi etc. they all are modern greats and legends, and Barca is often cited as the best ever, even the great beckenbaur thinks so
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:30 am

DeviAngel wrote:Buffon 1 than Iker sorry .... Buffon on form is beast and has never made mistakes that Iker has ... but if any1 is near buffon it has to be Iker

As I have said many times Buffon and Iker hold the measuring stick over the last 20 odd years none have been better, but it has to be remembered Iker has almost half his career still ahead of him, that's a pretty scary though when you consider all he has accomplished thus far

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:29 pm

Crimson wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:Buffon 1 than Iker sorry .... Buffon on form is beast and has never made mistakes that Iker has ... but if any1 is near buffon it has to be Iker

As I have said many times Buffon and Iker hold the measuring stick over the last 20 odd years none have been better, but it has to be remembered Iker has almost half his career still ahead of him, that's a pretty scary though when you consider all he has accomplished thus far

Idk guy Peter Schmeichel for me was the best Keeper I've ever watched. The man was immense! I'd put Iker and Buffon in his league together with an on form Khan of course. I don't know if you can break down the last 20 years without adding Khan and Schmeichel to the mix...
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:05 pm

They can also be harassing you guys about it as well.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:37 pm

honestly Iker has to be one of the best of all time
there isnt a doubt about it
he has won everything
he has made crucial saves when it matters
rareky makes mistakes
but everytime it does happen people jump on it because they dont want to see someone like Iker take their darling's spot as number 1 in the world
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:43 pm

By the end of his career, Iker will be the best ever.

Last edited by Seppuku on Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:47 pm

NUFF SAID.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by estrella bernabeu Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:13 pm

Now we are comparing Neuer and Casillas, and by chance the German end up better !! SERIOUS Clubber

estrella bernabeu
estrella bernabeu
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:25 pm

Neuer is young, big and talented. he will take ikers crown eventually.

not yet though

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:15 pm

Iker is not under-rated and hated.

If anything, he's the most over-rated footballer ever, and he's only hated by few, probably me on this forum.

I m pretty sure the OP knows that.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next