What is the best side of the Serie A glorydays?

+3
uzonero
jibers
Superstone Mariomintsch
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which one is the strongest squad?

What is the best side of the Serie A glorydays? Vote_lcap30%What is the best side of the Serie A glorydays? Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 6 ]
What is the best side of the Serie A glorydays? Vote_lcap20%What is the best side of the Serie A glorydays? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 4 ]
What is the best side of the Serie A glorydays? Vote_lcap15%What is the best side of the Serie A glorydays? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 3 ]
What is the best side of the Serie A glorydays? Vote_lcap15%What is the best side of the Serie A glorydays? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
What is the best side of the Serie A glorydays? Vote_lcap5%What is the best side of the Serie A glorydays? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 20

What is the best side of the Serie A glorydays? Empty What is the best side of the Serie A glorydays?

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:03 am

This is trendy. Cool So, from 1997-2002 Serie A had four different winners without anyone truly dominating any others. The squads are ridiculous, hence let's choose from these looking from the point of view of "Which one is the strongest squad if we put out the best possible XI + 3 subs in their best form at any point within these five seasons, ceteris paribus. ?"

IMAMPO, they should be like this:

Juve 97-98
Peruzzi
Torricelli Montero Ferrara
Di Livio Deschamp Davids Pessotto
Zidane
Inzaghi Del Piero
Subs: Iuliano, Conte, Zalayeta

Milan 98-99
Rossi
Helveg Costacurta Ayala Maldini
Donadoni Albertini Boban Coco
Bierhoff Weah
Subs: Ziege, Leonardo, Ganz

Lazio 99-00
Marchegiani
Pancaro Nesta Mihajlovic Favalli
Stankovic Almeyda Veron Nedved
Boksic Salas
Subs: Sensini, Simeone, Mancini

Roma 00-01
Antonioli
Zebina Aldair Samuel
Cafu Tomassi Emerson Candela
Totti
Batistuta Montella
Subs: C.Zanetti, Nakata, Delvecchio

Inter 01-02
Toldo
Zanetti Cordoba Materazzi Pasquale
Recoba Di Biagio Emre Seedorf
Ronaldo Vieri
Subs: Simic, Conceicao, Kallon

Juve 01-02
Buffon
Thuram Montero Iuliano Pessotto
Zambrotta Conte Davids Nedved
Trezequet Del Piero
Subs: Tudor, Tacchinardi, Salas

- Courtesy of footballsquads

So, what do you think, guys? Very Happy

Last edited by Superstone Mariomintsch on Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

What is the best side of the Serie A glorydays? Empty Re: What is the best side of the Serie A glorydays?

Post by jibers Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:05 am

Juve 97-99 easily, they had dominated the league for three yesars and reached tree cl finals in a row, a cl win in either of the two would have elevated them to greatness. Second best team after Barca in the last 20 years. The football they played was quality. Zidane was at his peak as well. They also demolished Van Gaals's ajax, a personal favourite team of mine.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

What is the best side of the Serie A glorydays? Empty Re: What is the best side of the Serie A glorydays?

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:09 am

Okay achievement and legacy wise, they're undoubtedly unmatched here and Inter was surely achieving the least. However, my question is not about that brah, what I ask is on their best possible form within that 5 years interval, which team actually was the strongest if they were to battle each other in parallel universe? ☀
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:11 am

Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:Okay achievement and legacy wise, they're undoubtedly unmatched here and Inter was surely achieving the least. However, my question is not about that brah, what I ask is on their best possible form within that 5 years interval, which team actually was the strongest if they were to battle each other in parallel universe? ☀

As powerfula as I may appear I cannot see the future, yet alone something taht is impossible such as parallel scenarios, sorry brah we will never know.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:12 am

juve was by far the strongest at the time
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:13 am

jibers wrote:
Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:Okay achievement and legacy wise, they're undoubtedly unmatched here and Inter was surely achieving the least. However, my question is not about that brah, what I ask is on their best possible form within that 5 years interval, which team actually was the strongest if they were to battle each other in parallel universe? ☀

As powerfula as I may appear I cannot see the future, yet alone something taht is impossible such as parallel scenarios, sorry brah we will never know.

Hey affraid In simple wording then, achievement wise aside, which one do you think has the strongest squad? :dance:
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:35 am

Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:
jibers wrote:

Hey affraid In simple wording then, achievement wise aside, which one do you think has the strongest squad? :dance:
milan
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:38 am

If we are to pick from the above list it has to be the Lazio team or Inter just look at the names on that squad, but those seasons are far from the glory days of Serie A IMO.

Milan's squad under Capello was by far the best team EVER in Italys history. A team built by Sacchi.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:04 am

jibers wrote:Juve 97-99 easily, they had dominated the league for three yesars and reached tree cl finals in a row, a cl win in either of the two would have elevated them to greatness. Second best team after Barca in the last 20 years. The football they played was quality. Zidane was at his peak as well. They also demolished Van Gaals's ajax, a personal favourite team of mine.

Hey, speaking about Ajax, Zidane, and 96; Bayern were also heck damn strong then with their veteran well-oiled machine, ripping Zidane's Bordeaoux apart. Twisted Evil

@Baresi True, Serie have better seasons in Europe. But, this era was quite possibly the tightest in title race, and even then they were almost always in the final of all European competitions (Inter were so the reverse than the one under Mancini) other than the main one.

That Milan team was just impossible to be put here, it's just not fair as they were so dominant in that era so the poll would be one sided and I didn't watch football in that period. Very Happy
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloInter Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:05 am

Lazio 99-00 in all honestly
SoloInter
SoloInter
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:20 am

SoloInter wrote:Lazio 99-00 in all honestly
too much quality in that team, it is scary affraid
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:36 am

The Serie A glory days were the 80s and 90s.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:43 am

sportsczy wrote:The Serie A glory days were the 80s and 90s.

Exactly......

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:43 am

baresi wrote:

Yes they were just brilliant, their depth was excellent as well. Moreover, although unlike Juve 95/96-97/98 who almost won everything at the highest level, Lazio had their own version of domination by being UEFA finalist 97/98, almost scudetto 98/99 if not edged by Milanisti's own gladiators at the very last moment, Cup Winners champion 98/99, UEFA Super Cup Champions 99 by beating the treble winning MU cancelling them on winning it all like Barca, Scudetto of 99/00, and a not far behind third place 00/01. So, there you go banana

About Inter that you said before, they have great attacking line up and goalkeeper among the teams here, but their defense particularly on left-back was just good and their central midfielders was just decent compared with the others. Anyway I suddenly realised again why I said the glory days. As you know, other than these 5 clubs, Fiorentina and Parma also provided great quality and competition among them, it was simply the most enjoyable era of a league imo with the competition being as tight as virgin's p**s*. Very Happy
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:52 am

GK 1 Italy Sebastiano Rossi
RB 2 Italy Mauro Tassotti (c)
LB 3 Italy Christian Panucci
CM 4 Italy Demetrio Albertini
CB 5 Italy Filippo Galli
CB 6 Italy Paolo Maldini
LM 7 Italy Roberto Donadoni
CM 8 France Marcel Desailly
RM 9 Croatia Zvonimir Boban
CF 10 Federal Republic of Yugoslavia Dejan Savićević
CF 11 Italy Daniele Massaro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:56 am

GK 1 Italy Stefano Tacconi
DF 2 Italy Luciano Favero
DF 3 Italy Antonio Cabrini
MF 4 San Marino Massimo Bonini
DF 5 Italy Sergio Brio
DF 6 Italy Gaetano Scirea (c)
FW 7 Italy Massimo Briaschi
MF 8 Italy Marco Tardelli
FW 9 Italy Paolo Rossi
MF 10 France Michel Platini
MF 11 Poland Zbigniew Boniek

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:58 am

This Milan team takes the cake imo...

GK 1 Italy Giovanni Galli
RB 2 Italy Mauro Tassotti
LB 3 Italy Paolo Maldini
CM 4 Italy Angelo Colombo
CB 5 Italy Alessandro Costacurta
CB 6 Italy Franco Baresi (c)
RM 7 Italy Roberto Donadoni
CM 8 Netherlands Frank Rijkaard
CF 9 Netherlands Marco van Basten
CF 10 Netherlands Ruud Gullit
LM 11 Italy Carlo Ancelotti

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloInter Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:00 am

baresi wrote:

couldn't agree with u more, it was so enjoyable to watch Lazio back then
a pity they couldn't keep that group for long

Last edited by SoloInter on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
SoloInter
SoloInter
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:06 am

sportsczy wrote:The Serie A glory days were the 80s and 90s.

Compared to other european leagues, Serie A certainly is the league with the most glory days. True the 80s to early 90s was better in terms of quality. Heck, I don't know if any certain single league of any era has matched them. Really, Baresi, Rijkaard, Van Basten are all GOAT candidates in respective position. Then not wanting to lose, the rival also has their own trio, the Deutsch, with one of the GOAT of FK taker Brehme, and the GOAT of box2box MF Matthaus. Then, you have Verona led by Laudrup's predecessor as great Dane, Preben Elkjaer and Sampdoria led by Mancini-Vialli, Toninho Cerezo, and Vierchowod at the back. Then, there was Roma with Conti, Di Bartolomei and two Brazilian genius Falcao, and Cerezo once again. Not to forget, the greatest ItalJuve of the 80s led by two GOAT candidate defenders, Gentile and Scirea. To top it off, arguably the three greatest AM of all times Maradona, Zico, and Platini also played there. affraid

Nonetheless, apart from the surprises by Roma, Sampdoria, and Verona, and the tight competition offered by Inter and Napoli at the late 80s; it was largely won most by Juve at the 80s and Milan at the 90s. The competition was not as tight as the late 90s-early00s both in terms of number of participants and point difference of winner to the rest. Italian teams of late 90s-early 90s also did remarkably well in europe, though not in CL apart from Juve. Most importantly, I watched the latest Serie A glory days not the older brothers. Cool
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:09 am

sportsczy wrote:This Milan team takes the cake imo...

GK 1 Italy Giovanni Galli
RB 2 Italy Mauro Tassotti
LB 3 Italy Paolo Maldini
CM 4 Italy Angelo Colombo
CB 5 Italy Alessandro Costacurta
CB 6 Italy Franco Baresi (c)
RM 7 Italy Roberto Donadoni
CM 8 Netherlands Frank Rijkaard
CF 9 Netherlands Marco van Basten
CF 10 Netherlands Ruud Gullit
LM 11 Italy Carlo Ancelotti

Yes, the three that you posted are 3 of the best teams of the league of all times. Anyway, isn't Colombo and Ancelotti's position reversed? I remember Ancelotti being compared with Scholes Very Happy
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:11 am

Remember also that back in those days... you were only allowed to play 3 foreign players at one time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:17 am

sportsczy wrote:Remember also that back in those days... you were only allowed to play 3 foreign players at one time.

Yes indeed, it was awesome Monsieur, added with the fact that french best player and 1 of the 3 best attacking playmakers was somewhere in the periods you mentioned. Very Happy
Anyway, from the list, which one? :dance:
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:24 pm

Seeing on the neighbour PL thread where there's a lot of debates going, from the polls the Lazio and Juve choice was already reasoned. The Roma side was also brilliant, maybe the best to watch with Prince of Rome as the fulcrum. But, how about the 01-02 sides. Why do you think they are the best? For me, Juve 97-98 was better than the 01-02 and Inter although probably the most devastating going forward individually, have many weaknesses compared to the others. So hey voterboyz, what's ya reason?? Tell me brah Afro
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:29 pm

I'm the one who voted for Rome because I was a huge batigol fan and that side was just sex to watch...

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:33 pm

sportsczy wrote:I'm the one who voted for Rome because I was a huge batigol fan and that side was just sex to watch...

I agree here and there's also your compatriot Van~Song Laughing there, the left wingback. How highly do you rate him, say comparing to Lizarazu, Abidal, Sagna, Marcelo, Arbeloa, Coentrao, and Ramos?
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next