Meanwhile on the other side of Milano

+3
Milan31
KR10
Pietro Paolo Virdis
7 posters

Go down

Meanwhile on the other side of Milano Empty Meanwhile on the other side of Milano

Post by Pietro Paolo Virdis Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:05 am

From La Gazzetta

Strama-Cassano: dressing room brawl Duo in dressing room bust-up
Milano, 02 March 2013
Fiery end to Inter training session as pair pulled apart by teammates and Cordoba. Now it’s up to Moratti to act as peacemaker

It had been all ‘lovey-dovey’. But yesterday it went all pear-shaped at Inter. Fisticuffs almost flew in the dressing room between Andrea Stramaccioni and Antonio Cassano after training: the coach and the forward exchanged angry words, so much so that the pair had to be pulled apart as they squared up to each other. Only the intervention of others stopped the flare up turning nasty. Now, only a meeting today with Inter president Moratti may resolve the issue – but it'll only be a temporary resolution, and perhaps only a superficial truce anyway: Inter really need Cassano to be playing regularly, as they try to bring this negative season, blighted by injuries and poor results, to a close without any more problems.

Rising tension — The bust-up flared at the end of training yesterday: not on the pitch, even though sparks did start to fly as the Inter players made their way back to the dressing room. It was there where the tension between Stramaccioni and Cassano boiled over, insult after insult, provocation after provocation. The sort of heated argument that often sparks when 2 people have differing opinions: the problem is that both Strama and Cassano are stubborn, and in certain situations neither is afraid to make their feelings known. Once the pair had squared each other up, it was almost inevitable that they would come to blows. And that’s what almost happened after a series of pushing and shoving. In the best traditions of dressing room bust-ups, it was only due to the intervention of third parties that the Inter dressing room didn’t turn into something resembling a Wild West saloon, and that the incident didn’t become even more serious than it already was: Stankovic and Inter team manager Ivan Cordoba had to pull the pair apart.

Just friction — So, is the honeymoon between Cassano and Inter now over? The club had often been told to “just wait and see” what trouble Cassano will eventually end up causing – not least from the Rossonero side of Milan. After a ‘settling in period’ at Inter, everything did appeared to be going smoothly, so much so that many people were stunned nothing had gone wrong, especially due to Fantantonio’s reputation for attracting trouble. However, recently, 2 small incidents had indicated that the tide may have been about to turn: the first, an animated discussion with teammate Guarin during the game in Udine about who should take a free-kick, and the second incident, caught by TV cameras, the disgust with which Cassano reacted when he was substituted during the 2-0 win over Pescara. Other than that, there’d been just the usual, every-day friction and arguments that exists at every football club, although, perhaps Cassano’s teammates at Inter weren’t always happy to accept his constant mockery and derision. But Stramaccioni had somehow always managed to keep things under control in the dressing room and make sure that disorder didn’t prevail. But it was Cassano who had been chosen – by Strama and the club – to ‘face the music’ and wrath of the Inter fans following the debacle that was the recent game against Siena. It was Cassano who, once it was clear Milito would be out for the rest of the season, the coach wanted to take over the reigns as the main Inter attacking option, deciding to switch his tactics to playing a 4-2-3-1. In any case, the amount of playing time Cassano has had this season is no indication that the club had been unhappy about him or the effort the player had shown on the pitch.

New deal at risk? — Cassano and Inter have been getting on really rather well, although that may now change over the next few days. President Moratti will meet with Stramaccioni and Cassano today – individually, although a meeting between all 3 of them isn’t out of the question. And there’s the matter of the away game against Catania: will Cassano be in the squad? Finally, there’s the issue of Cassano’s new contract extension: he and the club had started to talk about extending his deal until 2015, but the contract, which had looked a formality not so long ago, may now be under threat.

He's always been a special nut-case, the ex-Milan player, but I've always been quite fond of him
Meanwhile on the other side of Milano Antonio-cassano

I thought it was a bit of a shame when he left Milan, or rather, was more or less thrown out. He might not have scored a lot of goals for us but something always happened in attack and his clever passes did help us a great deal. It's a wonder he didn't explode at any point during his stay. The man is a ticking bomb so it might have happened sooner or later.
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Meanwhile on the other side of Milano Empty Re: Meanwhile on the other side of Milano

Post by KR10 Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:54 am

Cassano is a terrible person but I never liked him as a player either... he was very slow and static, and despite his eye for the killer pass made our attack too stagnant in my opinion, especially since he as partnered with ibra.

Inter just have a knack for making terrible transfers... its fun to watch

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Meanwhile on the other side of Milano Empty Re: Meanwhile on the other side of Milano

Post by KR10 Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:55 am

Cassano is a terrible person but I never liked him as a player either... he was very slow and static, and despite his eye for the killer pass made our attack too stagnant in my opinion, especially since he as partnered with ibra.

Inter just have a knack for making terrible transfers... its fun to watch

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:27 am

Grazie Moratti Laughing
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:12 pm

His mentality would always force him to smaller clubs, and thus, ended up in the Bin(ter).

Still, Inter must fight for the Europa league for our points!
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:39 pm

Whilst his move will always tarnish how his time at Milan is viewed, Cassano was an incredibly productive member of the team who rescued countless points for us as a team whilst available. Thiago Silva aside, we missed no other player as much during our injury crisis which saw a league title slip from our grasp last season. I'm very glad to see that El Shaarawy has emerged in his place, a player who offers far more defensively, has an excellent attitude and has so much potential to the future, however I will always appreciate Cassano as an extraordinary player. His heart wasn't in the team though and so I'm glad he's gone. As I've said, props to Mexes for absolutely clattering him during the derby, but in the end I don't hold anything against Cassano, beyond the bitterness that he fled like a rat off a sinking ship. The move worked out well for both club and player in the end though. He gets to play for his boyhood club and we get to see El Shaarawy emerge in his absence and Pazzini give his all in our attack.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:54 pm

I despise Cassano so much, I wish him and Inter hell.

Meanwhile on the other side of Milano Inter-milan_9
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:04 am

Cassano is the ultimate bad boy of calcio. He was so talented, I honestly believe he could have been on the level of Totti or Baggio, instead he will not be remembered for anything else other than his attitude. Scumbag.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down