RealGunner
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Javi Martinez to Man City - Page 2 Empty Re: Javi Martinez to Man City

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:44 am

chemicalboy99 wrote:Spanish players always welcome cheers

Never a truer word said.

It's awesome to have a Spanish core .... You dont know what you've got until you lose it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:58 am

As much as I like City I really don't want this to happen as I have said numerous times on here that Javi Martinez is pretty much the most underrated player in Europe.

This would be a bad move for Javi as he needs to play every game and at City he wouldn't get that. I would also prefer he stays in Spain but if he were going to the EPL then a team like Liverpool, United, or Arsenal would be a good team for him.

I just don't think competing with Yaya is good for him right now as Yaya has his place locked up in that team until he wants to leave.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:01 am

Zealous wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Is De Jong dumb? He's not getting that sort of money anywhere else. He already has a silly salary.

Another future Liga player to become GOD in the Donkey League Very Happy

If he does end up going watching pundits go from "average player in a weak league" to "world class" in a few months will be hilarious eco smile

This is right on the money. Suddenly he will be the best thing ever when NOBODY talks about him now. Some people on here may even say he's better then Wilshire if he goes to the EPL but I doubt it as Silva and Yaya are not according to this board.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:03 am

^
No one is benched at City. They rotate very well and every one gets game time. Even Kun sees bench time at times.

God, City are becoming so good......they are becoming the team we would have become if we weren't sold to those 2 gobshites in 2007.

It makes me die inside...but rather have them win stuff than United or Chelsea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:05 am

Javi needs to play every game and be a top player in a team. At City he'd just be another rotation player and he doesn't need that right now, not to mention City doesn't really need him.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:08 am

dnmac4 wrote:Javi needs to play every game and be a top player in a team. At City he'd just be another rotation player and he doesn't need that right now, not to mention City doesn't really need him.

Disagree. City are a world class CB, and another all around classy CM away from being truly fantastic.

Martinez provides the latter while being able to play the former in case (and Mancini loves versatile players).

Martinez will partner Yaya in middle which makes Barry the rotation player for CC games or league games before CL ties.

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:10 am

dont need him
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:22 am

Yaya and Javi occupy the same spots on the field and IMO would get in each others way. Plus I think City are strongest when they field a team with Milner and Yaya on the field together and if you bring on Javi most likely you would drop Milner.

They just don't really need him right now as Barry is by no means world class but he performs his job very well for City and they need some role players out there which is not what Javi should be looking to be. Plus, City is just bad with young players. Take a look at Adam Johnson, he needs to play every week too and he just isn't getting that. I don't want that for Javi and it could happen very easily.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:26 am

I disagree, Javi and Toure would actually make a great partnership.

Both players can play up and down and perform a variety of roles in the midfield. They can form a very hybrid and very dangerous partnership
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:33 am

I have been singing Javi's praises before others even knew who he was (not saying you), so in a way I agree with you that they could make it work as there both great players. I mean Messi and Villa are making it work also but it's not ideal and some pains are starting to show there ugly head.

Javi needs to go to a place where he is the key piece in the midfield not another talented player in the midfield and in important games I just know that Mancini will start Barry or go with Yaya and Milner.

He just isn't the finished product yet and this situation is not ideal. I mean compare this with him going to United or Arsenal or Liverpool or even a team like Roma or Milan. I just think there are much better situations for him kinda like Chelsea was a perfect situation for Mata.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:46 am

Yet another La Liga player going to the EPL and only then being rated properly :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:28 am

What's wrong with giving good players recognition :coffee:

The British media at least hypes everyone (and sometimes anyone) and not just 2 teams. It's why so many Liga talents are generally underrated.

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:38 am

dnmac4 wrote:I have been singing Javi's praises before others even knew who he was (not saying you), so in a way I agree with you that they could make it work as there both great players. I mean Messi and Villa are making it work also but it's not ideal and some pains are starting to show there ugly head.

Javi needs to go to a place where he is the key piece in the midfield not another talented player in the midfield and in important games I just know that Mancini will start Barry or go with Yaya and Milner.

He just isn't the finished product yet and this situation is not ideal. I mean compare this with him going to United or Arsenal or Liverpool or even a team like Roma or Milan. I just think there are much better situations for him kinda like Chelsea was a perfect situation for Mata.

That's the problem, he is not yet the finished product, so wherever he goes, he will have competition in some shape of form. It's true that some teams have a clear lack in quality in the middle like Utd, or Liverpool but he will have to make his way somehow. He has time, not like it's an issue anyway.

What kind of role do you think suits him best?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:44 am

Javi plays more as a CM anyway not a DM

People need to wathc more Bilbao games ffs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:46 am

He does play DM with Spain, and he has played DM with Bielsa as well, and CB ofc
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:49 am

i dont think city would be a good fit for him, i could see him playing much better with manu who tbh could use a player like javi, who i have rated for a long while, was hoping hed join madrid years ago when he first started appearing on the scene

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:54 am

Martinez to play CB with Kompany. :dance:
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:58 am

I want him to stay with Bilbao.

Bilbao isn't a finished product with Bielsa, I want it to become a top 4 team (la liga) atleast with Bielsa, hopefully higher
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:32 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:I have been singing Javi's praises before others even knew who he was (not saying you), so in a way I agree with you that they could make it work as there both great players. I mean Messi and Villa are making it work also but it's not ideal and some pains are starting to show there ugly head.

That's the problem, he is not yet the finished product, so wherever he goes, he will have competition in some shape of form. It's true that some teams have a clear lack in quality in the middle like Utd, or Liverpool but he will have to make his way somehow. He has time, not like it's an issue anyway.

What kind of role do you think suits him best?

The reason I use Yaya as an example is because I think there very similar. At City Yaya plays DM but he plays more up the field then your traditional DM and has great feet so he can give you the killer pass and score goals. I think that's the role for Javi and I don't like when people put him at CB I Think that wastes too many of his talents. He is like a cross between Yaya and Busquets if that makes sense.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum