donttreadonred
Art Morte
Le Samourai
MGNRomulus
RedOranje
22 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Jonjo Shelvey = Next Zidanee >>>> McEachran Empty Jonjo Shelvey = Next Zidanee >>>> McEachran

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:51 pm

Hattrick at Ellandroad drinking drinking drinking :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

We have an amazing future tbh. The white Makelele (Spearing) and the English Zidane (Shelvey).

5 goals in 6 games for Jonjo now...

GO JONJO! GO !!!!

Back to top Go down

Jonjo Shelvey = Next Zidanee >>>> McEachran Empty Re: Jonjo Shelvey = Next Zidanee >>>> McEachran

Post by RedOranje Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:23 pm

We have a youth & reserves thread already.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Jonjo Shelvey = Next Zidanee >>>> McEachran Empty Re: Jonjo Shelvey = Next Zidanee >>>> McEachran

Post by MGNRomulus Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:28 pm

But we don't have a Jonjo Shelvey thread?
MGNRomulus
MGNRomulus
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:43 pm

The White Makalele and The English Zidane :facepalm:

Sepi this is along the lines of

"Why do you want to sign Zidane when we have Tim Sherwood?"- Jack Walker.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:41 am

Don't want to JINX it, but really hoping that Jonjo enjoyes a super season with Blackpool and then will be ready to become a first team regular in Liverpool in '12-'13 Cool
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:59 pm

Wow! All aboard the hype train!!! Chaka

In all seriousness, I do hope the kid does well. He has potential, and I'm really glad he's getting experience with regular time at Blackpool.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:59 pm

Yep, he's no Brad Pitt but he's one hell of a talent.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:07 pm

Scored again in a two-two draw at Middlesbrough Cool
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:04 am

Jonjo Shelvey named the Nov Young Player of the Month for the npower Football League. he scored four times in five games for Blackpool
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:32 am

Still love how he tried to start a counter attack on the 91st or 92nd minute against QPR with a long pass instead of hoof. Great composure at such a young age.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:21 pm

Where does Shelvey fit-in, now that we have Lucas injured and Spearing suspended!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:13 pm

Shelvey can/will play in behind the strikers while Henderson drops deeper to play alongside Adam in CM.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:44 pm

RedOranje wrote:Shelvey can/will play in behind the strikers while Henderson drops deeper to play alongside Adam in CM.

Yeah. Exactly. I also though he is a CM/AM. So why was he called back after Lucas got injured!!! I think the loan deal was doing really good for him.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:24 am

Because we had no depth in the middle. We've dropped Henderson back with Adam, iftikhar.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:31 am

ynwa wrote:Because we had no depth in the middle. We've dropped Henderson back with Adam, iftikhar.

Hummm, but we could have played Maxi 'in the hole'!!! Any way, just wish he get enough games.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:36 am

Maxi is better as a winger. Don't think he'll play against Villa, but I do see Maxi scoring against Wigan. Cool
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:12 pm

So what did people think of him y.day ?

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:40 pm

He'll probably perform better with some more time under his belt with out squad.

Thought he had an average game tbh. Nothing spectacular, yet nothing that was terrible. He was given a lot of freedom and it would have been nice to see him track back a bit. Just looked lethargic on the whole.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:50 pm

I thought he looked very good and very promising against Villa, especially in the first half.

His play, particularly his late runs into the box, reminded me a lot of a younger Gerrard. His loan move to Blackpool seems to have really upped his game and I'd like to see him start against Wigan. If he can continue to improve and force his way into the first team squad on a regular basis we could have a real player on our hands.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:05 am

If only lucas didn't get injured and he stayed a full year at blackpool, really think it would of been really great for him.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:33 am

I thought Jonjo played well against Villa and I have no doubt he's going to be a top player in a couple of years. One main attribute of his that I'm particularly pleased with is his courage. He is still only 19 don't forget that yet he does not hide at all and wants to get on the ball. Reminds me of Wilshere in that respect.

As regards whether calling him back from loan was the right choice, I believe it was. We are not as deep squad wise in central positions and he will get game time. And because he is still young he can always go back on loan next season if necessary.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:48 am

:bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:57 pm

Don't remember ever seeing Zidane trip on his own shoelaces with the goal gaping in front of him. :dance:

In all seriousness, he did have a pretty good game. I am so glad to see him get his first goal. (Would've been his second if Bellamy's noggin hadn't gotten in the way.) I was afraid he wouldn't have a chance to carry over his performances from his loan spell at Blackpool. One game certainly doesn't ensure his continued development, but it doesn't hurt either.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:07 pm

Keeper would of saved the shot imo.

Bellamy did good to get the header on it. Luckily he's only Spearing's height or he wouldn't have reached it. ;D

He's great as an CAM, but not too great with his defensive duties as a CM.

Reminds me of Frank Lampard.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:17 pm

I dunno about the Lampard Comparison......but he's a wonderful passer...reminds me kind of an early Iniesta but that's a reach comparison...I'm not expecting him to be Iniesta.....but so many things he did yesterday other than the epic fail just looked classy.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next