The Nature Boy
BarrileteCosmico
The BoyWonder
TalkingReckless
Great Leader Sprucenuce
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

An idea regarding the off topic section Empty An idea regarding the off topic section

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:12 pm

I was wondering is this possible instead of having one big off topic section we could split it up into 4 sections....

1. Gaming
2. Music
3. Movies & Television
4. Off topic

Thoughts?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

An idea regarding the off topic section Empty Re: An idea regarding the off topic section

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:25 pm

maybe in the future.... once the site is more set up
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

An idea regarding the off topic section Empty Re: An idea regarding the off topic section

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:26 pm

imalegend wrote:maybe in the future.... once the site is more set up

Yh i dont expect it straight away it was just an idea i thought of.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:40 pm

....i like it as it is.

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:39 pm

I think gaming at least should be separate. That way you can have multiple FIFA threads rather than merging them all into a mega-thread no one reads.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:45 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I think gaming at least should be separate. That way you can have multiple FIFA threads rather than merging them all into a mega-thread no one reads.

I feel the same about Music tbh.

Theres a classical , rock thread etc etc and none of them get seen because they get swamped by other thread's if it was in a seperate music section this would'nt be the case.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:00 pm

excellent idea... agree totally.

1. Gaming
2. Music
3. Movies and TV
4. Politics and Government
5. Sexual Content
6. Misc.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:29 pm

king_alex10 wrote:excellent idea... agree totally.

1. Gaming
2. Music
3. Movies and TV
4. Politics and Government
5. Sexual Content
6. Misc.

+1
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:41 am

I'd be fine with splitting the section. I'm in there quite often and can see the benefit of dividing it up.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:16 pm

Has any of the admin's seen this? and if so is it under consideration or not?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:20 pm

I'm here. Very Happy

I'll wait for the others and we'll talk about it.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:22 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:I'm here. Very Happy

I'll wait for the others and we'll talk about it.

Ok thanks, can always trust dem Filipinos. Wink
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:46 pm

Not a bad idea at all.

I don't see why it can't be done.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:49 pm

i like it as it is. since it is an OT section, all non football related matter should keep in one place imo.
i think if we separate them each section could end up very few topic.
i also think it will be easier for posters to look in one section for OT stuff than opening 4 section just to see each. OT section isnt as busy as Gen sec and madrid in my observation
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:54 pm

gen sec 331 topic with 11250 post

madrid 119 topic with 5599 post

OT 110 topic with 3445 post

point i observed is if OT with this stat needs sub section, whats up with gensec and madrid.

my 2 cents
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:05 pm

Because the Madrid section is about one thing.... Real Madrid.

This would split the off topic section into groups which is what it is already but everything is going to one big section which is making everything messy....

For example if we had a music section.....

We could have a Rap thread, Rock thread, Classical, Pop thread etc etc instead of one big thread.

Same goe's for games, movie's and tV etc etc

It's not like anything would be taken away thing's would just be split up instead of everything in one section....

I see other forums do this and everything is so much cleaner and better than just one section for everything.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:08 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Because the Madrid section is about one thing.... Real Madrid.

actually no Very Happy there are some OT section inside madrid section. the community in our section are so inlove with each other that there are some topic that are not football related we want to talk about with in ourselves bounce

anyways , like i said that was my 2 cents bounce
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:13 pm

shaven wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Because the Madrid section is about one thing.... Real Madrid.

actually no Very Happy there are some OT section inside madrid section. the community in our section are so inlove with each other that there are some topic that are not football related we want to talk about with in ourselves bounce

anyways , like i said that was my 2 cents bounce

Oh haha ok then.

I do visit from time to time but usually its only to defend Higuian from the haters( i hate how little respect he get's from some people) and to have a troll battle(all in good banter though) with Nick( now that my beloved Zealous is on holiday i need someone to take his place Crying or Very sad )
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:19 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Oh haha ok then.

I do visit from time to time but usually its only to defend Higuian from the haters( i hate how little respect he get's from some people) and to have a troll battle(all in good banter though) with Nick( now that my beloved Zealous is on holiday i need someone to take his place Crying or Very sad )

we have a big group and most of them like 99% are crazy so just try to understand if you encountered some haters of higgy Smile
with some poster in there who really loves to debate, argue and comment on every post so much, we have some as well besides nick and zea. Smile

on topic for example the mUsic thread.... thinking 10 genres of music and thats it. same with movies and game.
we dont usually back read OT stuff imo. just keep them moving.
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:47 am

I really like this idea, but at the same time i'm not sure about it.

It just seems that a majority of people or a good amount of good posters might just stay in one section, and that will become THE section, or there will be only a small amount of people in other sections.

Maybe because there is not enough going on in that particular time, one section can become much more stagnant than the other.

The way it is now it's just one big section so there is no chance of it ever not being very active.

TL;DR: Different sections might dominate over the others. Right now there is none of that. For example, the general section is always active, while some of the less popular clubs see no action.

I think I'm being ridiculous with this line of thought tbh, I don't know why I think this might happen.

Overall, I'm meh on the idea.

HEY MOLE!
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:30 am

I support this. This is needed especially for music as the there are different users in this forum who listen to different genres. Instead of having one massive thread we can have different threads for hip hop, hard rock, pop etc.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:18 pm

CBarca wrote:I really like this idea, but at the same time i'm not sure about it.

It just seems that a majority of people or a good amount of good posters might just stay in one section, and that will become THE section, or there will be only a small amount of people in other sections.

Maybe because there is not enough going on in that particular time, one section can become much more stagnant than the other.

The way it is now it's just one big section so there is no chance of it ever not being very active.

TL;DR: Different sections might dominate over the others. Right now there is none of that. For example, the general section is always active, while some of the less popular clubs see no action.

I think I'm being ridiculous with this line of thought tbh, I don't know why I think this might happen.

Overall, I'm meh on the idea.

HEY MOLE!

Hi bro i tried to mail you the link to this site but for some reason it would'nt send good to see you here now though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:25 pm

milanista99 wrote:I support this. This is needed especially for music as the there are different users in this forum who listen to different genres. Instead of having one massive thread we can have different threads for hip hop, hard rock, pop etc.

active genre i supposed will be hiphop , house and rock. but where are the posters of house and rock im still waiting for them. if we make a section for music how many thread will it have inside?
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:26 pm

shaven wrote:
milanista99 wrote:I support this. This is needed especially for music as the there are different users in this forum who listen to different genres. Instead of having one massive thread we can have different threads for hip hop, hard rock, pop etc.

active genre i supposed will be hiphop , house and rock. but where are the posters of house and rock im still waiting for them. if we make a section for music how many thread will it have inside?

I know there are a lot of techno fans in this forum. The Music section has the most potential. There can be threads like Upcoming Albums, What's Your Favorite Song and Tupac Threads which will not get lost under tons of threads like South Park or WWE etc.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by gk77 Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:51 pm

I agree that gaming should be separate since fifa is a very popular soccer game, but other than that the off topic should stick together. this is a soccer forum, not an off topic forum after all.

gk77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next