futbol_bill
H.A.
Doc
ÖMARz
Pedram
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Just to be clear on the benz/higuain discussion Empty Just to be clear on the benz/higuain discussion

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:11 pm

My preference is clear and it's more of a style issue... Higuain is fantastic at the style he plays and Benz also.

But honestly, this is a perfect situation for both Madrid and the NTs involved. Since we go far in all our tournaments at Madrid + Argentina and France NTs also usually do well (usually lol) + a lot of exhibition games = we cannot play one striker in all the games. You would have to be in superhuman physical shape like CR7.... and even he breaks down at some point.

I would love nothing more than to see them both play together too. But short of that, having a fully fit Higuain and Benzema is fantastic for us. Come April/May, we will have 2 relatively fresh players while the opposing defenses are run down. It will be deadly.

Finally, because they each know that they get the next game off to start and only go 70 mins in their starts, they go at 100% both offensively and defensively in most of the games. They don't really need to manage themselves. For this reason, i think we're going to see career years statistically for both.

Back to top Go down

Just to be clear on the benz/higuain discussion Empty Re: Just to be clear on the benz/higuain discussion

Post by Pedram Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:25 pm

I've said this many times that we need at least 2 WC players or near WC in each position to stay on top in all competitions. we play 60 games a season and simply can't afford to lose one of our 2 strikers. they are both needed
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Just to be clear on the benz/higuain discussion Empty Re: Just to be clear on the benz/higuain discussion

Post by ÖMARz Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:26 pm

This debate is just as bad as messivronaldo.

It will never end regardless of who you debate it with.

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:30 pm

Nothing wrong with debating, it's the part where we use Higuain faults to propel Benzema into a better light and vice versa that usually fans the flames of worded war among ourselves.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:42 pm

I think Ronaldo should be part of the rotation tbh, I know he likes to start every game [maybe he has a sneaky clause somewhere stating if healthy he should start] but nevertheless resting our player between these 3 day matches is proving to be really useful. It keeps the attack sharp.

Now on benz vs higgy sole debate on who should start. Both are starting, and both score when they start. They both get subbed in later. Disregarding the hattricks of higgy we're doing the right thing. Its not really costing us game and higgy proved he's back and may even get better along the way. Benz too have finally come out of his shell, which some may still dislike him for.

I think at this point its clear that its not a matter of who should start over the other but try to incorporate both in a full game. Unless that happens game by game rotation is working and both players look happy. I don't think either will mind "IF" we maintain this amazing form and in the end win something. Just make sure they share minutes in those very important matches.

Do I expect sense to end this debate? No but it just makes sense Very Happy
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:00 pm

Focus on whats better for the team ladies. Not whats better for the individual.

every player has positives and negatives, and no player is the same.

benz and higz both score goals. both do it in different ways. So long as we're winning i dont mind the rotation thats happening.

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:19 pm

El Pipita wrote:I've said this many times that we need at least 2 WC players or near WC in each position to stay on top in all competitions. we play 60 games a season and simply can't afford to lose one of our 2 strikers. they are both needed

I've been trying to say this ever since I joined the goal.com forum. That's why we not only need top quality at every position, we also need the coach to use entire squad. Most of you are always insisting on a set starting 11. Last year was understandable as Mou had to create a team and build team chemistry. This year IMO, Mou is doing much better at using his entire squad with the only exception being in the mid field (and particularly to Granero and maybe Altintop). It is more difficult there because of injury to Sahin plus the over abundance of MF (and also with the exception of Alonso, Khedira, Sahin, the rest are average, not WC).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:33 pm

Both are getting minutes so I don't really think it's an issue like it was before when one was playing while the other wasn't at all.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:37 pm

I was of the opinion that both should play, but I see the sense of this plan. Maybe if Ronaldo was rotated a bit more too (hes not really in great form right now), and we play 2 of our 3 world class attackers all the time with the other one replacing another with 20-30 minutes left, that should not only give everyone adequate playing time over the whole season, but as already stated keep our players fresh so we can tear up shit in the later bit of the season.

I do want all 3 of them to play together on occasion though. Sad
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:13 pm

Ronaldo plays better with Higuain, Higuain is playing better football and has a 40% efficiency atm

He should be playing he should be starting.......

Don't get me started on what Jose has done to Ozil as well......

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:21 pm

It must be such a delight to have 2 good strikers to chose between for Jose.

I don't get why some can't accept rotation? 2 rested strikers will be deadly. I love it
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:25 pm

I would love to see more of Callejon. Not only in as a replacement for di Maria but for Ronaldo as well. It seems Ronaldo is designated to start every game but he could use some substitution in 2nd half occasionally.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:28 pm

Crimson wrote:Ronaldo plays better with Higuain, Higuain is playing better football and has a 40% efficiency atm

He should be playing he should be starting.......

Don't get me started on what Jose has done to Ozil as well......

With all respect Crimson i think you are being harsh with Benzema. the guy scores and assist goals in every games he play. none of them should be benched in 2 games in a row because it effects their confidence. Mourinho is doing the right thing with keeping both of them happy.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:36 pm

Some people just won't give up lol. I'm a big Benzema fan and think it would be criminal to bench him as he's over 20% efficiency and the playmaking. But it would be just as criminal to bench Higuain given his efficiency right now. Great problem to have. So Mou does the sensible thing and plays them both so each gets 1-2 starts a week based on a 3 game week. I'd like Ozil to get some shared time like that too because i don't feel like Kaka has outplayed him by much... that's an injustice too. But unfortunately, Kaka will get some kind of injury sooner or later...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:39 pm

Kaka will get injured with the NT,he always does,ever since 2002.....
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:36 am

futbol_bill wrote:I would love to see more of Callejon. Not only in as a replacement for di Maria but for Ronaldo as well. It seems Ronaldo is designated to start every game but he could use some substitution in 2nd half occasionally.

+1

Callejon needs to play more. The kid is really good IMO.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:17 pm

ronaldo needs to take some rest atleast in second half lol :shisha:
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:32 pm

Ronaldo had some weird argument with Alonso in the first half against Villarreal and since then lost a gear in the match. When stuff like that happens he should just get subbed with Callejon.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:55 pm

I've been wanting to see more of Callejon for a while now. The man has a great drive about him and, which usually helps, is a talented footballer. I know he is training well so I really hope Mourinho gives him more chances.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:34 pm

Di Maria is waaaay ahead of Callejon now. Talent-wise, it was never close. But Angel was such a disaster in the early season with his awareness that you had to bench him... now, the light seems to have switched on and he lifts his head when he gets the ball.

But Callejon is very good and he's kind of wasted so far in Madrid. You can't play him in front of Di Maria, Ozil and Kaka... and those guys are fighting it out for 2 spots. Basically, he's buried for now.

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:11 pm

they mean in rotation, callejon need a game ever 2/3 weeks. he wont do that bad.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:02 pm

Yeah, but Ozil is barely playing now. You have to get him regular starts. I think Callejon will only be used as a late game sub unless someone's form drops like a stone or an injury occurs.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:40 pm

sportsczy wrote:Di Maria is waaaay ahead of Callejon now. Talent-wise, it was never close. But Angel was such a disaster in the early season with his awareness that you had to bench him... now, the light seems to have switched on and he lifts his head when he gets the ball.

But Callejon is very good and he's kind of wasted so far in Madrid. You can't play him in front of Di Maria, Ozil and Kaka... and those guys are fighting it out for 2 spots. Basically, he's buried for now.

I'm not suggesting he starts, given Di maria ahead of him and when di Maria doesn't start his spot can be used for Benz (to play with Higgy) or to Ozil (so he can play with kaka) and of course he wouldn't start over Ronaldo.

But I see no reason why he can't be sub in for either of these positions. As you were saying we should not completely wear these guys out and Ronaldo should be replaced occasionally and I can't think of a better sub for Di maria than Callejon.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:51 pm

I agree Bill. He needs to get some sub time. But Mou's subbing has been pretty consistent:
- Kaka or Ozil or vice versa
- Higuain for Benz or vice versa
- Coentrao for Khedira or Lass OR a combination thereof

That's pretty much it as far as I can see... and the 3rd sub is only made if we're way ahead, there's a injury or other problem or it's very late in the game.

There's just not a lot of opportunity for anyone out there given those 3 rotations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:09 pm

Callejon is great on the ball though, I re-watched some of the games where he featured and he always looks good on the ball and plays the safe pass, which is especially great when we are seeing a game through.

He also did quite well vs Barca at the Bernabeu in the few minutes that he showed up. I really think he can do a great job.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next