ErPupone
schnix
Patrick Bateman
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

AS Roma - Palermo  Empty AS Roma - Palermo

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed 19 Oct 2011, 02:00

This sunday we take on Palermo at the Olimpico who have being pretty poor on the road so far this season,losing to both Atalanta and Milan.I watched them against Milan and they looked very poor esp in attack.I don't recall them having 1 shot on goal..But knowing them they will bring their A game when they take on us.... :facepalm:

I'd like to see this..

------------------------------------Stekelenburg-------------------------------------
--------------------------Burdisso------------------Heinze---------------------------
---------------------------------------DDR------------------------------------------
Cassetti-------------------------------------------------------------------------Angel
--------------------------Pizarro--------------------Perrotta--------------------------
---------------------------------------Pjanic-----------------------------------------
------------------------Bojan----------------------------Osvaldo---------------------

I'm sure we will also see Lamela at some point ... smoking
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

AS Roma - Palermo  Empty Re: AS Roma - Palermo

Post by schnix Wed 19 Oct 2011, 02:32

no love for simplicio?
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed 19 Oct 2011, 03:09

schnix wrote:no love for simplicio?

No point putting him in there when we all know there's probably 0% chance of him playing..Luis Enrique has a big hard on for Perrotta because he reminds of him when he was a player (Roll eyes ) he doesn't seem to like Simplicio that much..

Simplicio was great against Atalanta but yet was ignored for the derby..

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu 20 Oct 2011, 01:23

Wednesday 19 October, 2011
Zamparini changes Palermo tactics

Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini told Coach Devis Mangia to change his tactics. “He doesn’t have the men for a 4-4-2.”

The notoriously hands-on patron is not new to giving public lectures about what choices his tactician ought to make and stepped out after Saturday’s 3-0 defeat to Milan.

“I didn’t say the 4-4-2 was obsolete, but simply that this team was built by one Coach thinking about another system, so he doesn’t have the men for a 4-4-2,” revealed Zamparini.

“How we do we resolve the issue? That’s down to him and our director Sean Sogliano. I only pointed out the team was constructed to play as we did last year, with 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-2-1.

“We also talked about the lack of aggression in the side, because we did not see the same fiery Palermo as in the opening games. I hope it was just an off day.”

There were fears Mangia would be sacked following that defeat to Milan, especially as he was only brought in when Stefano Pioli was axed days before the season began.

“That’s just media talk. I confirmed all my faith in Mangia. Clearly we have a young Coach with no Serie A experience. Against Milan I’d have put a man-marker on Zlatan Ibrahimovic for the whole game. We didn’t do that and paid the price.

“I expect a whole other Palermo performance against Roma. I didn’t say Mangia is Palermo’s Arsene Wenger, but that he will become it.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:lol!:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu 20 Oct 2011, 04:28

The Fonz wrote:This sunday we take on Palermo at the Olimpico who have being pretty poor on the road so far this season,losing to both Atalanta and Milan.I watched them against Milan and they looked very poor esp in attack.I don't recall them having 1 shot on goal..But knowing them they will bring their A game when they take on us.... :facepalm:

I'd like to see this..

------------------------------------Stekelenburg-------------------------------------
--------------------------Burdisso------------------Heinze---------------------------
---------------------------------------DDR------------------------------------------
Cassetti-------------------------------------------------------------------------Angel
--------------------------Pizarro--------------------Perrotta--------------------------
---------------------------------------Pjanic-----------------------------------------
------------------------Bojan----------------------------Osvaldo---------------------

I'm sure we will also see Lamela at some point ... smoking

That's the lineup I would like to see, but Simplicio instead of Perrotta.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sukrut23 Thu 20 Oct 2011, 07:35

Palermo did a double over us last year, but this year they have sold half of their big name players and have had a mix bag of results.

Abel hernandez, miccoli and balzaretti are the guys who can trouble us but other than those three i see dont see much quality. Ilicic is good but thats about it. Miccoli always scores against us and i dont see this changing, he seems to have rediscovered his form.

I see no reason to discuss our starting 11 as luis enrique seems to prefer certain players over other and the continuous shuffling is going to make life difficult for the whole team for example the central defs.

Totti might be touch and go for this match.

p.s.-- JUAN >>> HEINZE
sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu 20 Oct 2011, 17:40

Totti will only be available as of next week and it's better not to push him. Conditions have been pretty poor in Rome today given the excessive rain, so the team was only able to train in the gym. Better not risk putting him out there on a bad surface where he could aggravate his injury. He'll be back for the match against Milan.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu 20 Oct 2011, 18:06

Yeah I agree. Totti shouldn't be risked.

We did ok without him against Lazio, who are just as strong as Palermo so I think we'll be fine without him once again.

That said, Palermo are not to be underestimated. Regardless of their form.

Just like us, they are capable of great football when they're in the mood. Let's hope they're not this weekend.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun 23 Oct 2011, 01:02

Vocegiallorossa are saying that we will most likely go with this for tomorrow's match..

--------------------------------------Stekelenburg---------------------------------------
--------------------Burdisso------------------------------Juan----------------------------
-------------------------------------------DDR------------------------------------------------
Cassetti-----------------------------------------------------------------------------Angel
--------------------------Perrotta-----------------Simplicio-------------------------------
----------------------------------------Pjanic----------------------------------------------
---------------------------Bojan------------------------Osvaldo---------------------------
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun 23 Oct 2011, 17:08

For all of those scumbag trolls, who negrepped me because I stated in Italy section that Lamela will be one of the best youth players to look out for... Well look what we have here. Amazing goal just 5 minutes in.

All I got to say to those haters now is... In their face.

Bojan what impact he had when he came on the pitch!
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 23 Oct 2011, 17:18

Lamela cheers
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun 23 Oct 2011, 18:00

Didn't see the whole match so I can't do a post-match analysis. Whoever did is welcome to do so here.

i did see Lamela's goal though and that was top quality from him. Pure magic from outside the box.

De Rossi was MOTM though. That much is clear. He's clearly the best CM in Italy at this point. Dominated Palermo defensively and was at the center of everything we did going forward, including his assist for Lamela's winner.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Sun 23 Oct 2011, 18:32

^^ I have to agree with everything you said McLewis. I'd also like to add that Stekelenburg had to be excellent today, as we were vastly outplayed for most of the match by a motivated Palermo side... Osvaldo should have added to his tally today.

I feel a few players days are numbered at the club though.

I feel as if we haven't come close to seeing a true example of how Enrique want's to play just yet.

Then again Enrique might be changing his game plan up...who would have thought he would sub in Heinze/Perrotta to close up shop in a 1-0 game.

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sun 23 Oct 2011, 18:43

Our defense still looked crap, we were caught out so many times.

Lamela was class, Osvaldo was wasteful, Boriello anonymous. DDR MOTM.
We clearly missed Pjanic and Totti.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Sun 23 Oct 2011, 19:55

i was so hungover i slept in... intentionally

saw the scoreline, the score, i'll watch the full game later.
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun 23 Oct 2011, 23:46

LAMELAAAAA, my avatar worked!

I'll watch the whole game again tomorrow, since I was only able to watch starting at the end of the first half at my school library. From what I saw, our play is improving from game to game, but what was really lacking tonight was quality finishing from both sides. Great to see Lamela score on his debut and putting in a good performance with it. Bojan also made a nice impact on the match after coming on, nearly scoring a wonderful goal from the edge of the area.

One player no one seems to ever mention anywhere is Gago. The guy is fitting in quite nicely and played well today. He knows how to pick out a good pass and has a lot of energy as well.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Mon 24 Oct 2011, 04:00

just finished watching the game. we didnt play particularly great and a draw would've been fairer based on the run of play. it's not as bad as the stats suggest (8 shots on target for palermo, 1 shot on target for us). however, most of palermo's shots were straight at stekelenburg whereas we placed our shots, most of which were 'just' off target. IMO we had just as many chances as palermo but ours were slightly better

i was really happy for lamela when he scored. and he could've scored 2 more! can't blame him for not scoring more. he's getting into the right positions which is good. and the first goal, whatttt a finish

de rossi motm IMO. cassetti/lamela close second. stekelenburg played well, but most of his saves were fairly straight forward. but he did save our ass when he was 1v1 vs panilla. congrats to him on getting his first win at roma

good to see juan back with us. he was indomitable on the left flank, but juan's not getting any younger, and his legs will start getting the better of him late in the game as we've seen today when derossi bailed us

also, osvaldo still needs to work on his weak foot, as i've mentioned since the 1st fixture

we're gonna have a tough week ahead of us. only 2 days rest until we play genoa at SLF. it wont be an easy fixture and after that we've have another only 2 days rest before we play milan
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon 24 Oct 2011, 04:13

MIKE YOU WITNESSED IT WHEN I SAID LAMELA IN THE ITALY TOPIC!!!!!! THOSE IDIOTS WHO DIDN'T BELIEVE ME!!!!!!!!!

LAMELA!!!!!

SABATINI I LOVE YOU!
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon 24 Oct 2011, 04:15

DANIELE DE ROSSI!!!!!!! WHAT A PLAYER! THE MAN IS A GOD! A GOD I TELL YOU! WHAT A MONSTER! NEVER TIRED, ALWAYS DEFENDING, ATTACKING! HE'S EVERYWHERE!!!!

FORZA DE ROSSSI!!!!!!!!!!
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Mon 24 Oct 2011, 04:15

you have verratti in your avatar!! bounce
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon 24 Oct 2011, 04:16

schnix wrote:you have verratti in your avatar!! bounce

SABATINI GO SIGN VERRATTI!!!!!!!!!!!

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Mon 24 Oct 2011, 04:59

Lamela looked great for his first match in Europe. He could have had at least another goal and he did fade in and out of the match a bit but considering the circumstances you couldnt ask for more from him. like many have mentioned De Rossi is an absolute beast and the best DM in the world for me.

Now for some things I didnt like...Juan. He just wasnt good enough today and we have to cut him someslack because it is his first match but Im worried that its his age slowing him down not the match fitness, I hope he can step it up and get back to the level of play hes used to. I also thought Pizarro looked shaky and gave away too many balls in dangerous areas. We also wasted way too many chances.

But in the end whats important is the 3 points.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Mon 24 Oct 2011, 05:02

pizarro and juan are both getting old. they cant play at the tempo/pace that LE demands of

juan played well today in the 1st half. he blocked a lot of crosses and made a lot of world class standing tackles. his legs got the better of him on that one occasion in the 2nd half but LE already knew and already had heinze on the sideline to come on for him
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon 24 Oct 2011, 05:03

Add Cassetti to your list.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)