Mr Nick09
Senor Penguin
Onyx
102 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

El Pipita - Gonzalo Higuain - Page 3 Empty Re: El Pipita - Gonzalo Higuain

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:56 pm

At some point you have to reconcile reality and your wishes.

wanted a CB, we are signing Coentrao.

want Kaka out, they say they wanna keep him...

oh well

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:59 pm

Only way Aguero will ever put on a Madrid shirt is if we send a mammoth bid for him. I'd only like to have him as a third striker instead of Adebayor but tactically that's a poor choice. We'd have 2 strikers that are similar types (Benz and Aguero) with Higuain as the poacher. Adebayor at least brought some physicality and height to our game.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:59 pm

Crimson wrote:
sportsczy wrote:I actually don't want the Kunt at all. But Mou does apparently.

That said, we lose nothing by bringing him in and selling either Benzema or Higuain. Pretty much a zero sum game to me in terms of talent.

Well we know both our current options are now settled and play well at Madrid, bringing in Aguero may require a settling in process. And if he fails then thats a big blow to our front line and campaign hopes

I agree. The one thing to keep in mind is that, if Benzema is benched to start the year, he will ask for a transfer come winter. He's back-and-forth as it is right now. With Aguero, hell stick around for at least a year before you have playing time issues.

Another reason to keep Pipita. I think he'd handle the bench better.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:01 pm

Aguero is an experienced Barcelona-killer. Knows how to get the ball behind Valdes all the time. Same to Casillas.

I believe he is the right striker, Higuain works for me but Benz is just to lazy for a Mourinho squad. But just replace Benz with Aguero and we go with a Higuain & Aguero attack, and shift between the two.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:01 pm

Selling Higuain would make less sense than selling Benzema.This coming from someone with "fanzemitis".

People with higuains no bullshit approach and ability to overcome adversity don't just grow on trees.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:04 pm

omarish wrote:Aguero is an experienced Barcelona-killer. Knows how to get the ball behind Valdes all the time. Same to Casillas.

I believe he is the right striker, Higuain works for me but Benz is just to lazy for a Mourinho squad. But just replace Benz with Aguero and we go with a Higuain & Aguero attack, and shift between the two.

smh enough with the benz is lazy excuse its getting old, that not the issue here benz works hard now why cant some just except that is beyond me
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:04 pm

Apparently, we've got a meeting with Pathetico next week about the Kunt situation. Right now, Coentrao is a hotter prospect.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:04 pm

hmmm benzema overcame adversity as well, just saying...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:07 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:hmmm benzema overcame adversity as well, just saying...

What Benzema overcame this year was insane honestly. Showed some real mental toughness... not a lot of poeple would have survived. In fact, i don't remember any who have made it through a Mou offensive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:08 pm

We will see what happens. Looks far more likely we will sign Coentrao atm (even though I am not really happy about it either)

As for Aguero despite all the rumours I have seen nothing really concrete just rumours and bs.

We will have to wait and see if Perez has another brainfart.

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:09 pm

Higuain and Benzema both lacked in the working department this season, despite popular belief. Someone who really worked hard was Di Maria - that man looked like he was on drugs, especially in the Copa Del Rey final.

Higuain has shown it prior to this season though, while Benzema has only done it against teams that are more or less easy to overcome (like Almeria). Maybe it's the timing as well. He was only utilized against such teams in the end of the season where he finally caught some form.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:09 pm

but what do you call concrete Crimson?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:10 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:hmmm benzema overcame adversity as well, just saying...

I think Higuain is indespensible to the Squad man, he is one of the few remaining strikers in the world who is half decent without the ball at his feet. There will always be a place for this type of player in any squad.

Anyway everyone knows my stance, which is keep aguero the F**K out.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:11 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:

Higuain has shown it prior to this season though, while Benzema has only done it against teams that are more or less easy to overcome (like Almeria). Maybe it's the timing as well. He was only utilized against such teams in the end of the season where he finally caught some form.

how about the CL? Sevilla in copa del rey? in the calderon? valencia?

i disagree with that statement you made dude
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:13 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:

how about the CL? Sevilla in copa del rey? in the calderon? valencia?

i disagree with that statement you made dude
I would only rate his performance against Sevilla in Copa Del Rey. Patetico have been embarrassing this season and for a man with his talents I expect more against better opponents. Valencia? They were disastrous in all possible ways. Mentally and tactically. I take that performance with a grain of salt by all of them.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:14 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:Higuain and Benzema both lacked in the working department this season, despite popular belief. Someone who really worked hard was Di Maria - that man looked like he was on drugs, especially in the Copa Del Rey final.

Come on dude Higuain had a career threatening injury and returned months before expected. Do you think that happened all by itself ?

Benz worked so hard during the last 6 months it isnt even funny.26 goals and 6 assists in 17 starts.I am gonna keep quoting that stat until you guys realise that the guy had an insane last 6 months , and not the mundane average second half of the campaign you portray.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:15 pm

Benzema scored a lot of important goals this season. right next to ronaldo he was one of the most decisive attacking player, we cant discuss that. He performed when we expected him to, bar the clasicos mess, he was brilliant for the second part of the season.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:18 pm

Second part of the season only RVP was on Benz level (excluding messi and ronaldo). Moratower could have replaced Benz in the first half that is the past though I see big things from Karim but with the kunt coming his future looks bleak.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:21 pm

Guys, Lyon... Lyon...

Benzema scored 6 goals in the CL in 6 games. Benz is good.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:25 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:Higuain and Benzema both lacked in the working department this season, despite popular belief. Someone who really worked hard was Di Maria - that man looked like he was on drugs, especially in the Copa Del Rey final.

Come on dude Higuain had a career threatening injury and returned months before expected. Do you think that happened all by itself ?

Benz worked so hard during the last 6 months it isnt even funny.26 goals and 6 assists in 17 starts.I am gonna keep quoting that stat until you guys realise that the guy had an insane last 6 months , and not the mundane average second half of the campaign you portray.
Stats? Yeah ... Higuain is one of the most clinical strikers in Europe if you look at the stats but they tell very little about his overall contribution to the game. I don't blame Higuain for his efforts this season, I understand that he played with a terrible injury and made a miraculous recovery considering the time ... but that doesn't take away the performances that he has had and his overall lack of vision in the final third.

Same can be said about Benzema. He looks impressive on stats but I don't think he's had any type of breakthrough considering the level of his opponents. Does he work around the pitch in a way that you should expect a man with his talent? I don't think so. If you draw parallels to Mourinho's Inter, there are still a lot of things to hope for when it comes to workrate. By workrate I talk about defensive work as well, not just the work they put into attack.

I think they're both hyped on the performances against average teams instead of critically analyzed based on their performances against proper world-class opponents. I have no doubt that they both have MASSIVE potential, but the way some people talk about them around here is rather delusional. I want to keep both and I expect them to achieve Great things next season!

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:29 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:

Stats? Yeah ... Higuain is one of the most clinical strikers in Europe if you look at the stats but they tell very little about his overall contribution to the game. I don't blame Higuain for his efforts this season, I understand that he played with a terrible injury and made a miraculous recovery considering the time ... but that doesn't take away the performances that he has had and his overall lack of vision in the final third.

Same can be said about Benzema. He looks impressive on stats but I don't think he's had any type of breakthrough considering the level of his opponents. Does he work around the pitch in a way that you should expect a man with his talent? I don't think so. If you draw parallels to Mourinho's Inter, there are still a lot of things to hope for when it comes to workrate. By workrate I talk about defensive work as well, not just the work they put into attack.

I think they're both hyped on the performances against average teams instead of critically analyzed based on their performances against proper world-class opponents. I have no doubt that they both have MASSIVE potential, but the way some people talk about them around here is rather delusional. I want to keep both and I expect them to achieve Great things next season!

Post is a complete fail. Higuain is good... but the biggest knock on him is his lack of big goals, especially in Europe. Benzema's rep is that he is a big game player (some crazy CL goal totals)... but he lacks concentration in the lesser games. This year, Benzema worked on his issues and performed consistently while Higuain was hurt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:34 pm

@ Senor Penguin yea I agree with you about Higuain , but it would be really unfair to judge benz based on the 60 mins he had against barca. He played well against lyon and Valencia and Villareal and Sevilla etc. But I get your point.

However If Ronaldo was critically analyzed soley based on big games, well that wouldn't work out too well for him either.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:37 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:

Post is a complete fail. Higuain is good... but the biggest knock on him is his lack of big goals, especially in Europe. Benzema's rep is that he is a big game player (some crazy CL goal totals)... but he lacks concentration in the lesser games. This year, Benzema worked on his issues and performed consistently while Higuain was hurt.
Benzema has lacked concentration in big and small games. It's only since January he has made a change for the better. Benzema was a disaster at times last season and, IIRC, had fine stats compared to Higuain. But the stats didn't tell us how rubbish he was. Nor do they tell you how little faith people had in him at the time.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:37 pm

What big games did Ronaldo fail in? Did not play too well in the classicos but you can not blame him after we parked the bus.

Benz played great in big games and did his part against the smaller teams. Those who watched the second half of the season will confirm that Benz played great throughout and not just about stats.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:38 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:@ Senor Penguin yea I agree with you about Higuain , but it would be really unfair to judge benz based on the 60 mins he had against barca. He played well against lyon and Valencia and Villareal and Sevilla etc. But I get your point.

However If Ronaldo was critically analyzed soley based on big games, well that wouldn't work out too well for him either.
Believe me ... Ronaldo frustrates me beyond belief. He has saved some dignity with the Pichichi and match winning goal for Copa Del Rey final.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:50 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:What big games did Ronaldo fail in? Did not play too well in the classicos but you can not blame him after we parked the bus.

Benz played great in big games and did his part against the smaller teams. Those who watched the second half of the season will confirm that Benz played great throughout and not just about stats.

Can't blame benz either.As for benz , he did play great in many big games , and it's not his fault he missed some of the slightly larger games through injury .

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next