OT: Interval training Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

OT: Interval training

Go down

OT: Interval training Empty OT: Interval training

Post by Babun Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:10 pm

Sportsczy, I lacked time to train properly. 45 min jogging 3 times per week was too much Very Happy I tried interval training instead:
http://www.intervaltraining.net/
I was so dead after 15min like after jogging 1h. That's the sh!t eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

OT: Interval training Empty Re: OT: Interval training

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:10 am

Yeah... was looking into it as something to do once i pick up lifting again. Have a marathon coming up on Nov 20 that i have to do with a friend. After that, i'm gong to give this a look.

Let me know how it goes.

Btw, the whole point of running at low heart rate for long periods is to not feel tired afterwards. It's about training your body to handle the activity as something normal, not unusual. As you continue, you can go faster and faster while maintaining the low heartrate... all about building endurance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:33 am

Interval training was tested for endurance purposes. It increases the body ability to supply muscles with oxygen on molecular level by 20-40% depending on the test person. Basically, people who could do interval training for 15-20 non stop, they could jog 45-60 minutes with no problems Very Happy
The other positive, you train sprinting by default and gain the muscles for it as opposed to jogging only. The downside is, when you start you have to be on a fairly high level otherwise you could injure yourself for 2-3 weeks Very Happy The other thing, it's not recommended to practice it more than two times per week. If you're eager to run, just jog inbetween Very Happy
Yesterday, I was just before throwing up when I stopped (15min) Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:37 am

But can you go 3 hours without a problem? That's what i did yday. Joints are sore... but had no fitness issues. I'm building up to a marathon.

I have friends who are big time athletes (they do iron man events). They've told me that interval training has a ceiling and you won't be able to get the performance and endurance you would get from doing the actual endurance training. You can do what you want; but until your body actually experiences the time + impact you intend for it, it won't adapt. Consistent impact on your body for several hours and its effect is not something interval training can prepare the body for. That's according to them. Made sense to me. It all depends on your goals. Maybe extreme endurance is not what you're looking for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:50 am

sportsczy wrote:But can you go 3 hours without a problem? That's what i did yday. Joints are sore... but had no fitness issues. I'm building up to a marathon.

I have friends who are big time athletes (they do iron man events). They've told me that interval training has a ceiling and you won't be able to get the performance and endurance you would get from doing the actual endurance training. You can do what you want; but until your body actually experiences the time + impact you intend for it, it won't adapt. Consistent impact on your body for several hours and its effect is not something interval training can prepare the body for. That's according to them. Made sense to me. It all depends on your goals. Maybe extreme endurance is not what you're looking for.
Not really, I was looking for something that could replace 1h jogging for me in shorter time Very Happy Extreme endurance isn't to my liking because after 1h of running the body starts to detoriate. You need a very special diat and an extreme regime regarding the training times. I don't have the time for it Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:53 am

It's perfect for you then... once i get the marathon out of the way, i might try it. Becoming really scrawny as a result of all the cardio. Need to put some muscle on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:06 am

sportsczy wrote:It's perfect for you then... once i get the marathon out of the way, i might try it. Becoming really scrawny as a result of all the cardio. Need to put some muscle on.
There's also a nice sideeffect. As opposed to simply jogging, you burn energy even while sleeping (after training) Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down